Renewed Cancelled Cable Series

Cable/Streaming Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Cancelled? What's On the Bubble?

New year, newly-updated Cable Renewal Scorecard!

The following handy cheat sheet features the current status of more than 100 of the buzziest* non-broadcast, PBS and streaming offerings.

(*Due to issues related to length and our own sanity, not every cable series is included. Nor should they be. For our Broadcast Network Renewal Scorecard, click here.)

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates.

And now the Scorecard, grouped alphabetically by network…

Trump_Key_Art_Premiere_FIN.inddA&E

The Son: Series premiered April 8
TURN: Washington’s Spies: Season 4/final season premieres June 17
The Walking Dead: Renewed for Season 8

AT&T AUDIENCE NETWORK
Full Circle: Season 4 could go either way
Kingdom
Renewed for third and final season
Rogue: Final season premiered March 22
You Me Her: Season 2 premiered Feb. 14

Proceed to Next Page for BBC through FXX

1. Charlie says:

Transparent was already renewed for a 3rd season

2. Donna says:

Where is the CW channel at on this list?

3. DJ says:

Where’s Hulu? Also, Amazon already renewed Red Oaks already for season 2….

4. Kevin says:

No Master of None listed for Netflix? Assume Season 2 is a guarantee, but…

5. msemmyjones says:

Bunheads was cancelled two and a half years ago. Don’t we think maybe it’s time to take it off this list?

6. sj says:

When was Red Road cancelled?

I thought there was second half of Lost Girl’s final season still to come?

7. gracelessk says:

What about “Fis for Family?”

8. EL says:

What about Netflix’s series River? Has it been renewed? Is that likely?

9. daveedtjr says:

What about January return dates for Cable?Specifically USA n TNT…

10. Dwight says:

No Hulu listings?

11. rehabber says:

I loved Agent X, had lots of action and that keeps me hooked, sorry to see it go.

12. Arlene says:

a lot to take in….Strike Back, possible movie? Luther, maybe expect more? Curb Your Enthusiasm, season 9 possible? these are diamonds in an otherwise sombre list…usa network is relying on Mr Robot and Suits. Is Colony any good? the trailer felt mish mash sci fi and i dunno…Masters of Sex had a dull season last year. So talkie. Gsme of Thrones….pushed back and back. Sounds like the showrunners are pulling a real Martin. The Leftovers, final season? Really? One of the best things on HBO ever. Legends? gone? Last 3 episodes ever air tonight? too bad. i heard rumors of a Sons of Anarchy prequel, but maybe that was just wishful thinking.

13. B says:

Some of these older mentions open old wounds (Benched; The Divide; Necessary Roughness), and some are still fresh (Legends). Happy to see that Grace & Frankie was renewed for 2 seasons and can’t wait for the next season of Sense8. Been looking for a premier date for S3 of The Musketeers though. I think it was late January last year, but the BBCA site doesn’t mention anything yet. Also curious to see where Broadchurch will go next. Orphan Black and Mr. Robot new seasons can’t come soon enough. I know the Doctor Who season just ended, but I’m already anticipating what’s next there, too. Lots of good TV to look forward to, even if some favorites have ended (Justified & Mad Men in particular).

14. Ralph says:

Still hurting over the Dallas cancellation. Damn you TNT!!!

15. antisocialbutterflie says:

I think you may have the Canadian series finale date for Lost Girl. SyFy has yet to air the last half of the final season.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Indeed; Syfy has scheduled that show into oblivion. Final season resumes Feb. 1, Stateside.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Syfy is terrible at continuing seasons, even when they have a good show going, like half the time they cancel it before it sees its 3-4 season. Almost seemingly for no reason sometimes. I hate Syfy network for that, I don’t even let myself get involved in any of theyre new shows, becuz they almost just cancel them early for no reason, even when they’re doing good. Lost Girl is the last show I watch on the network, when it ends I’m done with the whole network completely.

16. danoregon says:

Surprised how many cable channels have pretty much gutted their lineups (USA, TNT, FX). Don’t know if they’ve had anything close to the success they’ve had with some of their war horses that carried them for years.

17. Rudy Goldblatt says:

what about Face Off on FX???

18. herman1959 says:

I’m glad to see that Grantchester has been renewed for another season, but I hope PBS doesn’t take too long to get it to the US. I’m STILL waiting for the nest season of Endeavour.

• herman1959 says:

*I’m waiting for the next season – there was an announcement, but no episodes.

• herman1959 says:

UPDATE – It looks like ITV will be releasing Endeavour Season 3 on Jan. 3, 2016, but there is still no news on a release date for the US.

• Katie T says:

No UK return date for Grantchester but I wouldn’t expect it before late Feb/March either in the UK or US as ITV have filled the slots it’s most likely to go for at least the next month

19. RichCD says:

Moral of this story: Netflix is kicking everybody’s butts. Why do I still pay for HBO?

20. John says:

Just wondering why Please Like Me isn’t listed under the Pivot shows.

21. Dawn says:

Really glad you did a list like this!!!! Thanks!

22. Luc says:

Missing Beowulf: Return to the Shieldlands.

23. Seems weird to list shows that ended so long ago, like Ravenswood and Breaking Bad.

24. Reba42 says:

TBS and USA should just say “we’ve cancelled everything to make room for Angie Tribeca and Mr. Robot.” I really liked all of those comedies they had.

Hindsight still stings.

25. Goldenvibefan says:

You would think that with most of TNT’s shows gone, you would get titans info or have it fully get picked up….

26. Lisa says:

Could the shows that ended well over a year ago be removed from the list (such as The Glades, Californication, and a bunch of others)? It seems kind of silly to have shows that ended in 2013 and 2014 on here.

27. Didn’t see any mention of “Black Jesus”

28. Carrie Carr says:

BBC America’s The Last Kingdom isn’t listed. We were hooked from the first episode. Any news?

29. Amanda says:

Should I assume since ‘Good Girls Revolt’ isn’t listed for Amazon Prime Instant Video that it wasn’t picked up for a full season?

30. vp44 says:

Why would Hallmark cancel Cedar Cove? it is the best show they have. They are as bad as the networks, which I hate.

31. Hedy S. says:

A lot of cablers have basically cancelled every last show in their lineups, save for one, such as A&E, Lifetime, TNT, and USA. A&E has turned into reality tv hell.

32. Paco says:

How long have they been sitting on the Series finale of “Glades”? That show probably stopped production 2 years ago…

33. AlisonWonderland says:

I don’t see PBS’s Poldark mentioned. Will there be another season? I love that show!

34. Joe says:

Uh…Disney Channel? And how long must you torture us with “The Glades?” Still feeling the pain from that.

35. Ken says:

Why isn’t “between” in the Netflix section ? I really liked it

36. You left South Park off of Comedy Central’s list. It’s only been there for 19 seasons, so I can understand how you would forget.

37. Lisa says:

What about TLC?

38. Jared says:

Any updates for South of Hell on WeTV??. I’m guessing the show will be cancelled after the network pretty much burned off all the episode without any real promotion.

39. Sergio Q says:

Has a debut date been set for Bosch Season 2 & Daredevil Season 2?

40. Lynne says:

Anyone know nothing about season 2 of The Missing on Starz???

• johnhelvete says:

Starz/BBC co-production was renewed for season 2. Not sure if it will air in 2016 though. The positive, the writers have a new 4 part BBC series, One of Us set in Scotland that will air in the UK in 2016 and hopefully will be picked up by a channel/streaming here.

41. Charlie Fisher says:

Did I *really* need reminding that Bunheads is cancelled?

42. Ashley says:

What about the PIVOT series thats an Australia import Please Like Me? It season 3 finale just aired. Has it been canceled or will their be a season 4?

43. drhenning says:

How about Keli Wiliams’ show “Ties that Bind” which was on UPTV. I thought a pretty good show considering what it was on, a former mostly Christian station that shows mostly family friendly reruns of network dramas…. Mix of a police drama with family issues thrown in.

44. Kelly says:

What about Dance Moms?

45. Mary S says:

@ Michael Ausiello and Matt Webb Mitovich- I am curious about why you would still be posting ‘Breaking Bad: Series finale aired Sept. 29, 2013″ -since the item is over two years old? Don’t you think the fans have figured this out by now?

46. act1collectibles says:

Will we EVER get news about a third season of Alpha House? I hate hearing that it’s still just in limbo

47. Mary S says:

TNT listed 15 shows: Following are the only ones I watched. Please notice that there are only 7 on my list. Of those, 2 are renewed, 4 are cancelled, and one has a shortened new season.
    When did the Absent Brain Cells and Never Been Clever execs start making decisions for what used to be my “go to” network??? Thank heaven for the Food Network…and I do not cook!
    The Librarians: Season 2 finale aired Dec. 27; Renewed for Season 3
    Major Crimes: Season 4’s “bonus” episodes premiere Feb. 15; Renewed for Season 5.
    Agent X: Season 1 finale aired Dec. 27; Officially cancelled.
    King & Maxwell: Officially cancelled
    Perception: Officially cancelled
    Transporter: Officially cancelled
    Rizzoli & Isles: Season 6 resumes Feb. 16; Renewed for (shortened) Season 7

• johnhelvete says:

Transporter- co-produced by a French company and a Canadian company. I dont think the decision to cancel was TNT’s decision. Perception jumps out as a show that should have probably been renewed.

48. Harry Rusli says:

Old shows, like Breaking Bad, that have ended/been cancelled a long time ago should not be on the list anymore.

49. Mary S says:

I used to have TNT and USA as my “go-to” networks. I could count on finding something I loved, every night of the week. But TNT is down to two shows I’ll watch and now I see that USA has cancelled all but four, and those are summer shows. What’s wrong? Do they not want repeat and constant viewers? They have renewed Satisfaction, which I binge-watched On Demand. Also renewed are Suits, Royal Pains, and Mr. Robot, which I watched, but still find very weird.
    I asked it in my comment on TNT and I’ll ask it again: Have the Absent Brain Cell and Never Been Clever execs taken over my two best networks??

50. Tom says:

Thanks, Team TVLine for putting this together! Any news on the ABC Family (I refuse to acknowledge Freeform) unscripted programs specifically Startup U, Next Step RealtyL NYC, and Job or No Job? I assume they’re cancelled just because I’m probably the only person that watched them but I’m just wondering what the status was with those.