May Sweeps Scorecard 2013: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

Number of characters graduating: 9

8. AIRED May 20: Charlie/Hawaii Five-0
9. AIRED May 21: Nick/Grimm
10. AIRED May 22: Rayna/Nashville
11. AIRED May 22: Deacon/Nashville
12. AIRED May 22: Olivia/Law & Order: SVU
13. AIRED May 22: John Curtis/Criminal Minds

* applies to characters’ whose fate is left up in the air at the end of the season finale

Number of resurrections and/or big returns: 14
14. AIRED May 16: Michael/The Office

Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: 26
1. AIRED April 25: Sue’s takes new job as aerobics instructor/Glee
2. AIRED April 27: Jimmy fired from Hit List (and replaced by Sam)/Smash
3. AIRED April 28: Alicia leaves Lockhart Gardner/The Good Wife
4. AIRED April 30/May 7: Morgan fired/later rehired/The Mindy Project
5. AIRED May 1/May 8: Claire takes a job with Gil Thorpe and then with Jay’s company/Modern Family
6. AIRED May 2: Dwight named manager/The Office

Number of vampires taking the cure for immortality: 1
1. AIRED May 16: Katherine/The Vampire Diaries

Number of shows taking trips to new realms: 1
1. AIRED May 12: Neverland/Once Upon a Time

GET MORE: Spoilers

1. D'Arcy says:

Damn only weddings on broadcast networks eh?

I figure HBO would sweep that category.

2. kat says:

Let the nail biting begin…

3. Smallville944 says:

I wonder if the Time Warp could be 90210 since it is a series finale they could do a flash forward like Gossip Girl did with there Series Finale

4. Alex says:

Ugh, I don’t know why TV line started splitting up their scorecards onto multiple pages. Don’t be like EW in that respect!

5. martina says:

“Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time” Please, this was made for Caskett!

• Harmony says:

I second that!

• Hoosierdaddy says:

“saying “I Love You” for the first time” seems like it was tacked on specifically for Castle

• Savannah says:

Hey, I’d definitely take an I Love you from Caskett. Also Tiva & Jisbon. A LOT of us are ready for progression. It’s time. Fingers crossed that the 3 show’s TPTBs will come through for us.

• Jessica says:

My 3 favorite would be Tony and Ziva saying I love you, kissing for the first time and of course I will also take them having sex. Jane and Lisbon same 3 as Tony and Ziva then of course Castle and Beckett getting engaged would be awesome

• Robert House says:

I concur with the idea that Beckett finally says I love you.
      But is it too late? I don’t understand Castle’s reluctance to propose marriage. I suspect in the last episode of the year Gates will tell Beckett that she has been nominated to be the captain of another precinct, and that she can take Esposito and Ryan with her, but Castle cannot go. She will have a few months to try it out. Will Castle support her if she says yes? Will she say no?

6. Susi says:

Number of couples reuniting: At least 7
    1.Emma & Neil?

Number of engagements/question poppings: At least 4
    1. Booth & Brennan?

• Susi says:

Thinking more about it again (I’m sure I’ll change my mind later!)…

Neal & Tamara… Break-up… (possible kiss with Emma later on during May Sweeps?)
      Booth & Brennan… Engaged then married
      Mike & Molly… Pregnancy (too predictable?)
      Leonard & Penny… Pregnancy
      Cougar Town… Time Warp (if they’re included? Don’t think they are. If not I’ll guess that it is Community.)
      Jeff & Britta… Couples Reuniting
      Sam (Supernatural)… Possible fatality

• Britta Unfiltered says:

Oh gosh, the idea of Jeff and Britta reuniting makes my lunch come up. Sorry. Not trying to troll on your comment, honest. I am just a big Troy and Britta fan. It’s good for her to have an innocent in her romantic life.

• Susi says:

I’m not sure how I’d feel about tbh, I prefer them to Jeff & Annie though. It’s just want I think will happen rather than what I’d like to see, ha ha. I’d have a field day writing down what I really want to happen on my favourite shows but most of the showrunners seem to be cruel when it comes to fulfilling my dreams! ;)

• Kelly says:

hope neal and tamara break up and we get forward movement with neal and emma

• Spencer says:

Neither Dean nor Sam will actually die on Supernatural until it’s ending, and they were just renewed for another season. I feel like another sort of death would start to be too much (I mean they have both “died” like 12 times on the show). Hopefully they will do something more creative with these trials.

• Susi says:

I suspect a minor character might die but the boys always seem close to death in one way or another. Maybe one could become temporarily immortal for a change and they then have to find a cure for that. lol

• smallville944 says:

I agreemy Money’s on Crowley although i guesshe’s not really minor but strong Recurring cause i think crowley will die this season and Castiel next season if this seasons focus is on the demon tablet that it makes sense to complete the demon tablet trials and then next season the angel tablet and they will probaly have to do trials for that too maybe these ones will have to be conpleted by Dean?

• Hector says:

In the end Dean will be God and sam the ruler of hell together keeping peace on earth

• Gina Fox says:

It’s time the Winchester boys got a visit from dear old dad. Or should I say dear dead dad.

• Supernatural says:

i agree if they got to see Bobby one last time they should see their dad too! they been to hell he is not there and they been to heaven and he is not there! WTF!!!!

• Donna says:

I thought the pregnancies were already revealed. There will be a pregnancy on Smash and Community.

7. Time Warp — Glee? Get as many characters in one location, right?

8. sanna_o75 says:

Engagements?? Can one of them be Penny asking Leonard, I wonder?? Hmm…

9. Raven says:

I hope one of the “I love you” pairs is Shamy. Or at least a real kiss initiated by Sheldon

10. marge says:

Grey’s Antomy: Alex and Jo (sex or kissing) – BARF

11. Lena says:

Any Calzona spoilers pleaseeee? :))

12. Niki says:

I dont understand. Do I have to guess what is behind all SPOILER tags? Or is the info somewhere hidden on the page? Sorry, I am quite new here..

• John says:

No clues yet! These are meant to serve as teases for all the stuff happening, to get our brains spinning!

• Amanda says:

“And, same as last year, many of the teasers are hidden beneath a [SPOILER] tag — in other words, you’re gonna have to put on your guessing caps to figure out who’ll be doing what to (and/or with) whom.”

• Britta Unfiltered says:

Welcome to the website, Niki. The spoilers are kind of fun to try and figure out. For me personally, my guesses are always wrong. They usually end up being things I never saw coming.

• John says:

You’re not alone Niki. I’m not new here, and I still don’t understand the purpose of this blank list.

• kirads09 says:

Once the episode airs the big reveal that corresponds to the catagory it belongs, TV Line will fill it in with which show and who they were hinting at.
      Until then it is a fun guessing game as to which show/characters are meant.
      Hope that helps

• Sabrena says:

I feel your frustration :) the most I usually do is solitaire.

13. Jj says:

Yeah, OUAT is going to Neverland!! YAY!!
    And only 2 resurrections… guess Silas isn’t raising as many people as we thought!!

14. Faster says:

The TVD kids better hope they graduate. They haven’t been to school in awhile, and I don’t think they ever do homework.

• Harmony says:

I don’t watch The Vampire Diaries but I’ve been promo pictures and those actors didn’t look like teenager when the show STARTED let alone how ever many years have passed since then. It makes such a shocking difference when you see the actual teenagers on Modern Family compared to the actors in their 20’s and 30’s who play teenagers. XD

• Faster says:

I agree. I don’t understand why shows insist that main characters be high school students? On this show and many others, it wouldn’t make a difference if the characters were college kids or just kids in their 20s. Keeping them in the high school box just seems pointless.

• May says:

I think it’s so that they can have an excuse to act like children. I mean, high schoolers getting involved with drugs, murder, out-of-this-world experiences and having unexpected pregnancies is a lot less awful than adults doing the same things (at least they think so).

• Babybop says:

I think part of it has to do with actual high school aged kids being under 18. Child labor laws would require them to work less.

• S says:

If you are comparing Elena and crew to Alex, Luke and Manny then sure…it is a big difference. However, the actress who plays Haley is 23 and only 1.5 years younger than the actress playing Elena.
        @Faster I would believe it is because they are attempting to follow the books in which the series is based.

• Faster says:

I don’t mean this show in particular. Lots of shows are stuck in HS. I guess just to appeal to an audience.

• AnnClau says:

You also clearly see the difference between teenagers and adults playing teenagers just by what they do. Actual teenagers have storylines more realistic for them. Whenever adults play teenagers they act more adults and there’s a lot more sex than real teenagers have. I really don’t understand how they can’t just put their characters in college. I’m sure teenagers would be just as interested to watch the same tv shows but happening n college instead of high school.

• emmapants says:

Yeah, MAYBE the rest of them, but there is NO WAY Stefan has the credits to graduate. Womp womp.

• Liz Rubin says:

are u kidding hes smarter than everyone else in the grade–maybe cuz he has learned everything like 10 times plus he can just compel the school to let him if he hasnt attended enough class

15. Rach says:

I know it probably isn’t very likely but I really want Tony and Ziva to be one of the couples that says “I love you” for the first time…please!!
    Also, maybe a proposal for Booth and Brennan?
    And (although this is VERY unlikely), how about a pregnancy for Steve and Cath on Hawaii Five-O?

• Honestly, I’d take any of the three (sex, kiss, “I love you”) for Tony and Ziva. Just give us SOMETHING Glasberg! Please?

• Saint Alicia says:

^^Was just about to say the same; 8 years is a long time without more than a hug between them.

As for other shows; can we please get a kiss between Jane and Lisbon on The Mentalist?? Jane already said her loved her last finale, so unless he wants to reiterate, there better be a kiss this time around!
        And if The Good Wife could have Alicia divorce Peter and reunite with Will I’d be overjoyed (a kiss, sexytimes or “I love you” is also welcome). Or if Cary and Kalinda get it on for the first time that’d be pretty awesome too. Oh, and no one better quit L/G; that goes for Cary, Kalinda, Alicia–everyone just stay put!
        And this is out of nowhere, but if Prentiss could make an appearance on CM that would be fantastic.

• Angela says:

I’d be cool with that. And while we’re on the subject of that particular show, given all this stuff going on with the Replicator and the way the most recent episode of the show ended, some of the categories on that list (namely, fatalities) have me really, REALLY nervous…
          The romantic ones have me curious, too, of course-that’s a decent-sized list for the “kiss/sex/I love you” and “breakup/divorce” ones.
          Sounds like May is going to be one hell of a month for a lot of shows! Bring on the craziness :D!

• @SaintAlicia says:

Amen! To both Jane & Lisbon and Tony & Ziva. I know Jane admitted it, but he claimed to forget later. Or Lisbon could admit it. I’d love a kiss best of all, for both characters.

• MaryAnn says:

Jane and Lisbon? ICK! Sorry, but that would almost make me stop watching. I love both characters, but they just don’t belong together.

16. Wow, somehow I had forgotten that someone on The Vampire Diaries still went to school.

• Wayne says:

That would be easy since they are only in school for dances that end horribly.

• hassana says:

They also attend cheerleading competitions. Who knew?!!! I was shocked when I realised that caroline is even the head of the cheerleaders. I mean do they even practice? lol

17. Dean/Castiel “I love you”

18. Chicago Dan says:

FauxManda is definitely resurrected – that’s why her body slipped into the dark ocean. The producer mentioned back in January that the character still had lots of story (this was weeks before her “demise.”

• Jay says:

Revenge is based in reality, resurrections don’t happen (unless you’re one of them)! They do however do flashback episodes, and there are always old videotapes and photographs that can pop up at any time. So she can still have future episodes.

19. catcmack says:

I hope one of the “I love you”s is Alex to Sean on Nikita. I need them to come through this rough patch. They are absolutely delightful.

20. Faster says:

TVD has got to have at least one of those resurrections, right?

21. Rous says:

PLEAS let Wade and Zoe be the couple reunited or at least be the “I love you” part PLEAS PLEAS….

22. Elle says:

Tiva kiss please and thank you. It’s been 8 years lets go already.

23. Sarah says:

While it honestly doesn’t matter to me right now, I’ll definitely take a B&B engagement over a breakup.

24. Mike says:

Births – Meredith & Derek’s child

25. kavyn says:

Pretty sure 50% of this is for Glee, lol.

26. Britta Unfiltered says:

The time warp has to be Community. Aren’t they doing a weird flash forward for one of the alternate timelines? Okay, I admit I may be mixing up in my head things I actually read that will happen on the show and things Dan Harmon just said on the Season 3 DVD commentaries that he wanted to do with season 4.

27. X says:

Finchel will reunite. Klaine reunion won’t even come into play until next season.

• Thejesscen says:

I think or at least hope the Klaine reunion was just them having sex at the Wemma wedding because they have no chemistry at all.

• Natalie says:

Not that I want them to, but the way things are going it seems like a Klaine reunion is pretty imminent. And I mean, Finchel and Klaine have everything happen to them at the same time, so both will probably get back together sometime around the end of the season.

• Mel says:

Klaine reunion is on the preview for next week AND is a possible engagement according to spoilers and the preview.

28. Cottage101 says:

Job resignations – Chevy Chase, Community?

29. D says:

Having sex or kissing or saying “I love you” for the first time:
    – Tiva;
    – Beckett needs to say “I love you” to Castle by the season end or I’m going to shoot someone.
    Engagements/question popping:
    – Brennan is going to propose to Booth.
    Does Pelant count as a big return? The writers said he would be seen again in the final episodes of the season.
    And can the big returns/couples reuniting be put together? If so, Grissom shows up even if for just one episode and him and Sara get back together.

30. S says:

One of the time warps has already been talked about in. an article on this site. They said they they were taking Once upon a time back to the ’80’s when they first arrived.
    They also said the huntsman would be back on the same show.

31. Char Richo says:

I don’t watch the Vampire diaries, but those people are supposed to be in HIGH SCHOOL??!! Seriously??!! That’s as bad as original 90210.

32. wordsmith says:

Traveling to new realms: “At least 1″ – I’d love to see a show besides OUAT pull this one off. That would definitely be the Scandal twist that no one saw coming…

33. Juh says:

I think Alaric will come back at VD! And PLEASE make them graduate… ‘Cause like lots of people already said here, they don’t look like high school studants!

“Fist time saying I love you”: I hope Beckett is included in this one.

And about the “proposal”, I guess maybe Brennan will propose to Booth!

34. Hannah says:

Zoe and Wade from Hart of Dixie have to be part of the sex/ILY.

35. Theresa says:

Arrow and The Following are each bound to contain some of the deaths/possible deaths.
    Parks and Rec for new pregnancy – Andy and April? Ann?
    Major job changes – bound to be plenty of them on The Office. Maybe also have Angela and The Senator break up and her getting back together with Dwight.

• TJCrinc says:

lets not forget that oliver’s list isnt empty. lots of people have failed the city and may get a arrow in them before seasons end.

• Theresa says:

Yep, although I think they’d only make this list if they’re one of the characters who has shown up in multiple episodes. I suppose Arrow also has potential for the resurrection/big return category too….

36. murley says:

please don’t let jim and pam be one of the break ups/divorces. they wouldn’t do that, right??

37. Janessa Gowd says:

No one commented about SVU under any of these categories. (Doesn’t surprise me though.) And it’s a show on NBC.

38. Whimsical says:

Caskett better not be one of the break ups. I’m just sayin…

• Justine says:

I hope they don’t break up Caskett, for many reasons. One I love them together but two, and most importantly, what would they do with the show?? If they broke up, Castle would stop working at the station and the whole underlying plot of the show would be gone. I’m assuming the writers were smart enough to realize this and that’s why they waited until season 5 to actually have them be together. :) But then again, TV does weird things sometimes and writers aren’t always thinking straight so I can’t assume anything. :)

39. Kourt says:

Break up- Booth and Brennan or Caskett (I hate to say it)
    Couple saying I love you: Beckett saying I love you to Castle

• madbengalsfan85 says:

Most Bones spoilers point towards an engagement currently…don’t think Caskett breaks up either

40. Emmakingg says:

Beckett to Castle- I l

41. Jaime04 says:

Couples reuniting – please let one of the be Kurt & Blaine (Glee)

42. Teri says:

Beckett says I LoveYou to Castle!

43. Courtney says:

My dream is that Bobby is a big return/resurrection to Supernatural. I miss him!

44. Jane Doe says:

Cary and Kalinda for first time hooking up, its only been 29 years since they kissed!

45. M says:

wedding could be a (legal) Calzona wedding, since the state of Washington legalized same sex marriage in december (I know they already had a ceremony and refer to each other as wife, and the legal aspect of marriage isn’t that important on Grey’s as the emotional one, but it would be nice).
    Also, couple to first say I love, probably Jo and Alex. Birth be most likely Meredith

46. nick1372 says:

For the “Characters saying ‘I love you'”, a lot of posters are suggesting Caskett, and that’s possible, and nice. But what if it’s Sheldon & Amy from Big Bang? That’s be awesome!!

• Lo And Behold Is My OTP says:

I’ve seen a lot of comments saying that it would be great for Amy to give Sheldon an ultimatum about having sex with her. I wonder, would everyone have that same reaction if it were a nymphomaniac man demanding that an asexual woman have sex with him? I realize that Big Bang Theory is a comedy and sex is an easy joke to play, but that is out-and-out rapey and I do NOT want to see it joked about. Makes my skin crawl, honestly.

47. Stacy says:

Pregnancy: New Girl – Cece with Schmidt’s baby to break off her engage to the other guy.
    Castle – Ryan & Jenny

Sex/I Love You: Castle – Beckett has to say it.
    New Girl – Jess & Nick will do something.
    NCIS – Tiva (hopefully/finally)
    Mentalist – Jane & Lisbon
    Hart of Dixie – Zoe & George need to be together.
    Big Bang – Sheldon & Amy (at least take the next step somewhere)

• Savannah R. says:

Yes to all of this post. Well, except Hart of Dixie. I’ve never seen it. So I can’t comment on it. :)

• 4theloveoffilm says:

I like your thinking on all of it. Although, from interviews I’ve read, I don’t think THE MENTALIST intends to place Jane and Lisbon into a romantic relationship–ever. I haven’t decided whether I’d want them together or not.

I’d also like to see progression in romance with:
      Kensi and Deeks (NCIS:LA)
      Leonard and Penny (TBBT)
      Jeff and Annie (COMMUNITY)
      Mindy and Danny (THE MINDY PROJECT)
      Emma and Neal (OUAT)
      Rumple and Bell (OUAT)
      Rigsby and Van Pelt (THE MENTALIST)
      Nell and Eric (NCIS:LA)

I don’t see B&B getting engaged until next season.

I could also see pregnancies for Bernadette (TBBT), Shay (CHICAGO FIRE), or Mary Margaret (OUAT).

The categories that always worry me most are the ones that pertain to death!

I’m sure someone will quit or be fired on practically every show that centers on the workplace.

48. nas says:

If one of the “kiss/sex/I love you” at this point ISN’T Tiva, I don’t even know. This has gone on way too long without something happening.

49. JC says:

Couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time:
    Oliver & McKenna on Arrow

New pregnancies:
    April on Parks & Rec
    Leslie Shay on Chicago Fire

Couples reuniting:
    Liam & Annie on 90210

Breakups/divorces:
    Tessa & Ryan on Suburgatory

50. Alli says:

The ‘new realm’ is clearly Neverland in OUAT.