Emmys

Emmys 2012: The Supporting Drama Actress Race in Review, Including Our Dream Nominees

This year’s Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama contest is going to be a fun free-for-all, and we might be surprised by who ends up on top. After all, without a clear frontrunner — like last year’s winner, Margo Martindale — it could also be time for oft-nominated Christina Hendricks, brand-newbie Morena Baccarin, or frequently-overlooked Regina King and Maggie Siff to make a grab for the gold.

More Emmy Races In Review | Outstanding Drama Series | Lead Drama Actor | Lead Drama Actress | Supporting Drama Actor | Outstanding Comedy Series | Lead Comedy Actor | Lead Comedy Actress | Supporting Comedy Actor | Supporting Comedy Actress | Outstanding Reality-Competition Series | Outstanding Movie/Miniseries

Review this slideshow of the major contenders — including TVLine’s Dream Nominees — then vote below for who you think are the six best. And check back Thursday as we tackle the comedy races!

Tags:

Comments (209)

• I don’t get how Emilia Clarke is on this list and Lena Heady is not…Cersei was MUCH more compelling than Daenerys this year I think.

Comment by Steven – June 6, 2012 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^^ This. With the exception of the season finale, Daenerys did absolutely nothing this season. Lena Clarke killed it as Cersei, especially in the Blackwater episode.

Comment by Callan – June 6, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, typo. Meant to say Lena Headey!

Comment by Callan – June 6, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AGREE!!! LENA HEADY DESERVES THE AWARD. Emilia didn’t anything that much this season. Her first season’s performance was soooo much better

Comment by Mark Almighty – June 6, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let’s hope she is nominated. She should be recognized over most of the contenders.

Comment by Larissa – June 6, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Definitely Lena Headey over Emilia Clarke. And then Maisie Williams over Lena Headey… Did you guys see those scenes with Charles Dance? She’s brilliant.

Comment by D'Arcy – June 6, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, I came down to the comments to specifically as “What about Maisie Williams?” Really? Emilia Clark is on the list but not Maisie? Insane.

Comment by Susan Scott – June 6, 2012 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree %100 Maisie Williams was the best thing about Season 2! She deserves a nom at the very least!

Comment by Liam Tait (@brilliam_t) – June 7, 2012 02:49 AM PDT
          • She was my write in vote also. As much as I love Emilia Clarke and Lena Headey, she outshone them both. And at such a young age. Remarkable.

Comment by Pamelam – June 7, 2012 11:21 AM PDT
    • I was just about to comment that if any female deserves a nom it would be Lena. Cersei could be so one-dimensional in other hands, Lena Headey is just flawless as Cersei. Emilia is good, but nowhere near as compelling as Lena.

Comment by Jen – June 6, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah this was more Lena’s year then Emilia’s. I love Emilia and she’s great but book 1 was Dany’s journey, not book 2. Lena had tons of great scenes through this season but her high point was Blackwater.

Comment by Josh – June 6, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree. Headey has a much better submission episode in Blackwater than anything Clarke has this season. She might get nominated in future seasons when she has better material to work with, but this season Headey was definitely the best actress on the show.

Comment by Superhero – June 6, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lena or Maisie Williams deserve it. And they certainly deserve it far more than Emilia Clarke. I feel like whoever contributed to this list didn’t even watch this season of GoT. If they had… they would never have put Emilia (who I love but just didn’t have strong material this year) on here.

Comment by Anna – June 6, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maisie Williams! Yes!

Comment by Esme – June 6, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Completely agree. I wrote in Lena in the “other” box and I would have added Maise if it I were allowed. Lena and/or Maisie deserve a nod. In fact, I would place Michelle Fairley before Emilia. I have nothing against Emilia but the material wasn’t great for her this season. Next year will be another story.

Comment by Olive – June 6, 2012 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In her defense, Emilia wasn’t given much to do this season, but she performed the scenes that she did have well.

But I agree, it’s insane that neither Lena Headey or Maisie Williams were on the list.

Comment by Ava – June 6, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES. Lena deserves a nom so much. I’d also love to see Sophie Turner acknowledged; her Sansa has dealt with a lot this season and she portrays her with such grace. Maisie too. The females on this show are amazing! But while I love Emilia, I think she’s the least deserving of an award this season.

Comment by taylorrness – June 6, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I remember sitting in front of the screen watching Blackwater and telling myself all the time, that I would refuse watching the Emmys if Lena wasn’t nominated. I was simply blown away!

Comment by S. from A. – June 6, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why are the supporting actresses from Mad Men on this list? I thought Mad Men missed the deadline to get nominated.

Comment by Taylor – June 6, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nope, MAD MEN is eligible.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 6, 2012 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I think Emilia Clarke is very capable, but she just hasn’t had the material this year to warrant being nominated. Only in the season finale did she get to do anything. I would much rather see Lena Heady, Maisie Williams, or Sophie Turner nominated for Game of Thrones this year.

Comment by Chelsea – June 7, 2012 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lana Parrilla. She is absolutely flawless, and I feel like she is too unrecognized (the rest of the show, too) for her INCREDIBLE acting. She brings such depth and pain and humanity to the classic Evil Queen/Regina Mills.

Comment by Jenna – June 9, 2012 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • COULDNT AGREE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Amy – June 9, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes I agree^^^ Lana Parrilla for ALL the Emmys

Comment by Elaina F – July 12, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As much as I love Emilia Clarke, Lena Heady should be the one on this list, Cersei simply rocked, especially in Blackwater

Comment by Anon – June 8, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just put in an “Other” for Sophie Turner–she’s turned Sansa from a very passive character to someone of significant depth and emotion.

Comment by Adam R. – June 9, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, all Daenerys did was get more and more shrill throughout the season until the last episode when she finally showed a little more in her character, but I don’t think that was because of Clarke, the writers could have done a lot more with her character but they chose not too. As much as I hate the character Cersei, Lena Heady fully deserves this prize. Along with Lana Parilla.

Comment by Sneha – June 12, 2012 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, right. infact, I see Emilia can act as Daenerys MUCH more diffirent personality than Lena’s Cersei. I think the reason that you dont get it because maybe you like Lena more than Emilia.

Comment by Kurizero Oneil – June 30, 2012 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lana Parilla, Lauren Graham,… even though I’m not sure they are only supporting actress

Comment by LilAngel – June 6, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! Definitely Lauren Graham!

Comment by Lauren – June 6, 2012 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someone has got to say it: it’s ridiculous that “Dexter”‘s Jennifer Carpenter gets overlooked year after year– what does she have to do as Deb to get shown some Emmy love?! Deb is a complex and incredible character who has shown sooo much growth over the show’s six seasons; granted, I HATED the storyline they gave her this year (and the writing on the show has certainly gotten bad), but Carpenter is absolutely fantastic in the role, regardless. Incredible range of emotions and so much depth to a character that really is the heart of such a dark show. Please give her an Emmy!!!

Comment by Cobs – June 9, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Revenge’s Madeleine Stowe?

Comment by KMC – June 6, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    Sandra Oh
    Sandra Oh
    Sandra Oh
    Sandra Oh
    Sandra Oh

Comment by Elli – June 6, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      I agree
      I agree
      I agree
      I agree
      I agree

Comment by soxfan – June 6, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree 100% her best work this season!!! she deserves the Emmy!!!

Comment by sarah – June 6, 2012 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, Sandra Oh does NOT deserve an Emmy. She doesn’t even deserve a nomination.

Comment by Tania – June 6, 2012 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with Tania. I am a fan of Ms. Oh, however her performance this season was mediocre as was the 8th season of Grey..very disappointing.

Comment by cdog – June 12, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes Yes Yes! 100% agree. She so deserves it this year just like Ellen does the lead but that will go to Claire Danes hands down. At least give Ellen the nomination for once. I know i may be biased a bit but Grey’s had so many good episodes this season.

Others are Lana Parilla and Maggie Smith for me. Lana is amazing in Once and sort of surprised she is not lead considering she is the headliner in the episodes. As for Maggie Smith those one liners are classic.

Comment by greysfan – June 6, 2012 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      SERIOUSLY!
      SERIOUSLY!

GIVE Sandra Oh the Looooooooong Deserving Emmy!! She plays a charater with so much variations with such ease and perfection that it is so unbelievable that she has been overlooked last year even for a nomination! This season, with the hole abortion/cheating husband/boards drama, she has delivered every bit with perfection! to neglect this would be SAD!

Comment by R – June 6, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sandra Oh has the tape to win… If she’s nominated, and dosen’t win. The process of the emmys is flawed in many many ways(as it is already,IMO)…So if Sandra Oh dosen’t win, I’ll be mad. Why keep nominating her for things if they are never going to award her? I’m happy she has a Golden Globe and SAG award..It makes you wonder though how she can’t win an Emmy. Sandra Oh is very derserving… I’ll never stop saying that..But if she doesn’t get noticed for this season on Greys..thats it for me wishing she would..cause it wont happen. She’ll always turn in amazing work though..but I’ll just move on from wanting and wishing.. It’s nice to see all the love for Sandras work still :)

Comment by Lindsey – June 6, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, you think all 6 spots should go to Sandra Oh and she is the only one deserving? I just died a little inside.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – June 6, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Maisie Williams? Her portrayal of Arya Stark was the highlight of this season of Game of Thrones. It takes real talent for a teenager (with no prior professional acting experience, mind you) to show up Charles Dance in evey scene she had with him.

Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark, was also fantastic this season. Her role is less showy, but no less important.

Comment by Callan – June 6, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely forgot about Maisie! Yeah, she’s awesome

Comment by Steven – June 6, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IKR she deserves to be up there, out of all the girls on Got they choose Emilia Clarke???!!! the others are much more deserving

Comment by Nicole – June 6, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As great as Maisie was this season (not to be *spoilery* but if you’ve read the books you will understand this, if not you’ll think I’m nuts)

there will be one episode next season which will likely blow this entire season out of the water for her. As good as she is, mixed with the fact that George RR Martin said it was the hardest chapter he ever had to write in the books, should translate to emmy gold for that child. She will kill it.

Comment by Ryan – June 6, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree ENTIRELY. If we’re putting Kiernan Shipka, another fantastic child actress on this list, we need her equally excellent peer Maisie Williams. Game of Thrones has a million incredible lady actors, but she is totally number one.

Comment by Sarah El – June 6, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rose Byrne is on Damages, not the Good Wife

Comment by Kevin – June 6, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Lucy Lawless from Spartacus?

Comment by Andrea – June 6, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dear god I was wondering that same thing too! Lucy definitely should be up there.. She did an INCREDIBLE job as Lucretia.

Comment by Jacquelyn – June 9, 2012 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Voted for Archie Panjabi, Sandra Oh and Lana Parrilla, because her Regina is way more complicated and compelling character, than Emma and Mary/Snow, even though they are considered as lead characters.
    I’d love to see Lena Heady nominated, but well… it won’t happen for lots of reasons.

Comment by melvenj (@melvenj) – June 6, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed. Regina is probably the most interesting character on the show imo

Comment by jenna – June 6, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with Callan. Maisie Williams deserves to be up there. And while we’re talking Game of Thrones, so does Lena Headey.

Comment by Joe – June 6, 2012 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Lena Headey under the lead category? Because if not, it’s ridiculous for her not to be here. She should win everything! Love that Keirnan Shipka is on the list, as well as Christina Hendricks. Not sure January even had enough scenes to be considered supporting lol. Sandra Oh, Anna Gunn, and Kelly MacDonald round out my list.

Comment by A.J. – June 6, 2012 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It doesn’t seem like anyone from GoT is submitted for lead roles. Even Peter Dinklage is in the running for supporting actor, and I thought for sure he’d submit himself for lead this season due to certain cast departures from season 1.

Comment by Callan – June 6, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • the problem is there’s not really a “lead” character on which the GOT action is centered. dinklage does comes closest though.

Comment by J2 – June 6, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SANDRA OH! SHE’S THE BEST:)

Comment by DasMichellcheen – June 6, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok- it’s time for Sandra Oh or Chandra WIlson for the love of God. They are nothing short of extraordinary year after year.

Comment by Brian Nord – June 6, 2012 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rose Byrne
    Lana Parrilla
    Maggie Siff
    Regina King
    Archie Panjabi
    Lena Headey

Would be my choices

Comment by sara – June 6, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LANA PARILLA

Comment by Kostas – June 6, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lana Parrilla AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Amy – June 9, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lana Parrilla = Best Evil Queen Ever! :D

Comment by Anynonomous – June 15, 2012 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sandra Oh hands down! She was the BEST SUPPORTING this year be it male or female.

Comment by greysfan – June 6, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • true! Sandra Oh all the way!

Comment by Bena – June 6, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely Sandra Oh. She was beyond amazing this season.

Comment by CC – June 6, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definately time for Sandra oh to win this category

Comment by Aussie – June 6, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Madeleine Stowe? I don’t really get everyone’s love for Christina Hendricks. I think she’s great in Mad Men but she’s really nothing exceptional and never has been. I’d go with Emilia Clarke, Morena Baccarin, Monica Potter, Lana Parilla, Kelly MacDonald and Anna Gunn.

Comment by YowzaPowza – June 6, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Baccarin, Hendricks, Macdonald, Potter, Smith

…and Fiona Shaw for ‘True Blood’!

Last season was really bad, but Shaw was just breathtakingly good.

Comment by Nicolas Mancuso – June 6, 2012 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surely this is the year that Christina Hendricks takes home the gold!

Comment by nannarpite – June 6, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regina King is a great actress. She did a great job.

Comment by Rich – June 6, 2012 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lana Parrilla gets my vote. But sadly I agree, highly doubt a show like OUAT will be nominated in any of the categories.

Comment by Frivolouswhim – June 6, 2012 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christine Baranski was brilliant in Good Wife, really came into her own in an inconsistent season.

Comment by Sara – June 6, 2012 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Laura Leighton for pretty little liars!

Comment by AnthoBuzz – June 6, 2012 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HA Yeah Right! Look me in the eye and tell me that Leighton is on par with the challenging work that Kelly MacDonald, Anna Gunn, Christine Baranski and others mentioned do each week. I thought so

Comment by John – June 6, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maisie williams!!

Comment by JoAnne – June 6, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot believe Lena Headey is not on this list. The scenes between her and Peter Dinklage are like an acting Master Class. And then her scenes in the penultimate episode, with Sansa, as she was drinking wine and becoming more and more unhinged, to the point where she almost killed her own son. Oh man, that was incredible acting. I felt she won herself the Emmy in that episode.

Comment by AJ – June 6, 2012 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sandra Oh is probably the most talented actor on Grey’s, and despite the soapiness of the show, it is all-around a VERY talented cast. Oh is long overdue and she is fantastic as Cristina!

Comment by ali – June 6, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She wasn’t given as dramatic material as she has in the past on the show, but I always think Mae Whitman from Parenthood should be nominated. She’s an amazing young actress.

Comment by bamalam – June 6, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lana Parrilla. Hands down the best actress on OUAT and easily my favorite in the entire supporting category. Even though Sandra Oh and Lena Heady were awesome this year as well. But I’m afraid Grey’s Anatomy’s way-past-it’s-prime status and OUAT’s fantasy aspect don’t bode well for SO and LP.

Comment by Bettret – June 6, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, where is STANA KATIC?????????? well i guess she’s in lead actress category…. oh, wait

Comment by clara – June 6, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The fact that despite all the Emmy love for Mad Men, it’s two best actresses have never won is a sham. Hopefully the anticipation and the storylines make Emmy voters finally declare this the year for Mad Men’s women.

Comment by Jessica – June 6, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie Siff. “Hands” was some of her best work I have ever seen in my life. If she doesn’t get nominated it will be a huge letdown.

Comment by Megan – June 6, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree, along with Anna Gunn. It’s time for some gritty drama actress love.

Comment by TheBeach – June 6, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Completely agree with this. Maggie Siff was a-mah-zing this season and she totally deserves a nomination. I was blown away by her performance. I also think Sandra Oh deserves to be nominated too. Each of these ladies elevated their shows to another level with the caliber of their dramatic work. And no, I am not their agent. :P

Comment by the girl – June 6, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100% – Maggie had such a strong season.

Comment by kimberly – June 13, 2012 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Carpenter, Regina King, Monica Potter <3

Also, I really do not get the obsession with The Good Wife. I have never felt it Emmy-worthy at all.

Comment by CJ – June 6, 2012 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christine Baranski
    Christina Hendricks
    Regina King
    Maggie Smith
    Anna Gunn
    Lana Parrilla

Comment by Josh – June 6, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emilia Clarke is on the list but Lena Headey is not, really? Her performance in Blackwater was awesome. She should definitely win this year if you ask me.
    But I also think that Maggie Smith and Jennifer Carpenter did both an amazing job this year!

Comment by Cécilia (@Kaelity) – June 6, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two words: Caterina Scorsone.I know everyone thinks it is a silly show. But she kicked tail this year. Her performance in the drug intervention episode was mesmerizing and she was amazing all year. Never really heard of her before but wow…chill bumps…make fun of the show (I like it myself) but there is no denying she was phenomenal this year as was the always incredible Kadee Strickland who should have been nominated last year. Before you laugh, watch that episode.

Comment by Suz – June 6, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. Caterina was phenomenal this past season but I fear she’ll suffer the same fate as the wonderful KaDee Strickland did last year and not get a nomination either. It’s criminal that KaDee wasn’t able to crack this category for Charlotte’s storyline last year. She was beyond amazing. =(

Comment by Heather – June 6, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m glad someone agrees with me! I thought for sure Kadee would get a nomination last year but apparently people don’t know talent. If they’d make people watch Caterina this season, she’d win.

Comment by Suz – June 6, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • KaDee Strickland is so good. She’s the best actor on that show and does an awesome job playing Charlotte. She should get a nom but she won’t since Private Practice isn’t very Emmy-worthy.

Comment by Ally – June 6, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Lauren Graham for Parenthood and Katherine McPhee for Smash?

Comment by sarah – June 6, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Katherine Mcphee,really? Her acting on that show was awful. It was one of the many reasons that I stopped watching that show. Megan Hilty, on the other hand….

Comment by Jessica – June 6, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed!! Megan Hilty’s acting was awesome on SMASH…just watch her performing “I’m Goin Down” in the hotel party scene…AMAZING!!

Comment by Dkzigs – June 11, 2012 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michelle Forbes for the killing and no Brent Sexton for supporting actor? Whats up with that!

Comment by JeniLee – June 6, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The brilliant Regina King will continue to be snubbed every single year, and it hurts just to see her mentioned because you just know she won’t get the nod. I’d love to be proven wrong, but…

Comment by RLS – June 6, 2012 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope sandra gets nominated i love her great actress. if ellen pompeo is not nominated then i dnt know if am going to take ithe emmy seriously

Comment by salim – June 6, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I get Sandra Oh, but Ellen Pompeo? Don’t mean to say I don’t like her as an actress, but can’t remember a memorable story of hers on GA this year.

Comment by Bettret – June 6, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ellen Pompeo? Her Meredith Grey? For the emmy??? :D You must be joking. I’m sorry, but you can’t be serious. Sandra and Ellen simply aren’t comparable.

Comment by Aurora – June 6, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t how I’ll take the Emmys seriously if Ellen Pompeo IS nominated. Weakest actress on the show, by a mile.

Comment by Sarah – June 26, 2012 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my dream nominations
    sandra oh
    monica potter
    maggie smith
    anna gun
    christine baranski
    archie panchabi

Comment by salim – June 6, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lauren Graham please!

Comment by Nicole – June 6, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LANA PARILLA ALL THE WAY!!

Comment by Marcos – June 6, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Easy! Maggie Smith, Lana Parrilla or Christine Baranski.

Comment by Simona – June 6, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT wouldn’t be half as good when it wasn’t for Lana Parrilla (& Robert Carlyle). Her work is simply outstanding and definitely worth the nomination.

Comment by Honor – June 6, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lana Parrilla for sure – Her character actually makes the show, which is funny seeing as its a supporting character… But still she definitely deserves a nomination! Especially since, in essence, she is actually playing 2 different versions of the same character and is doing such an amazing job!!

Comment by Chan – July 12, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The supporting players on The Good Wife do some of the most sublime work on TV right now. I couldn’t possibly choose between Archie Panjabi and Christine Baranski!

Comment by Alexis – June 6, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Grey’s but found Sandra Oh rather annoying and overdramatic this year. I actually voted for Chyler Leigh. In that one scene she had with Derek in which she told him she still loved Mark and in the parking lot where she told Mark she loved him it really pulled on my heartstrings. Her good portrayal of Lexie Grey is what made her a fan favourite. I also voted for Monica Potter who does an equally fantastic job on Parenthood.

Comment by Ally – June 6, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, definitely think Chyler Leigh deserves a nomination. Also Stana Katic from Castle too. Will all that her character has been through mainly this season from getting shot and recovery, PTSD, drowning and getting thrown off NYC buildings, Katic has definitely proved herself to be Emmy worthy.

Comment by Karishma Bhimani – September 3, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sandra Oh FTW, she is amazing as Christina Yang and she was on fire this year, her killing Teddy’s husband/ cheating/ and abortion storyline were superv. Also would vote for Monica Potter, Lana Parrila, Emilia Clark and I agree that Lena Headley should be here

Comment by Juan – June 6, 2012 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LANA PARILLA of course…Whoever won’t vote her SHALL be DESTROYED.

Comment by Kostas – June 6, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Evil Regals rule! Mixing up the potion now (;

Comment by Kendal – June 10, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LANA PARRILLA ALL THE WAY!! She is such a fantasic actress and really don’t have enough words to describe how epic she is(; Her charater is so deep and cGo Evil Regals, let’s make Lana proud <3

Comment by Hallie – June 10, 2012 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie Smith because she’s consistently awesome in every project she even remotely touches and Regina King because she’s consistently awesome and has never been recognized for it.

Comment by Jones – June 6, 2012 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love, let me repeat, LOVE that Monica Potter was put on this list! She amazes me in that role.

Comment by soarin829 – June 6, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post