Grey's Anatomy Season 12 Finale Ratings

Ratings: Grey's Anatomy Up From Previous Finale, Hits 14-Week Highs

ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy closed its healthy Season 12 on Thursday night with 8.2 million total viewers and a 2.3 demo rating (per finals), ticking up to its best numbers since the Feb. 11 midseason premiere, and improving on its previous finale (8.3 mil/2.2) in the demo.

TVLine readers gave the Grey‘s finale an average grade of “B+.”

Leading out of that, the recently renewed The Catch‘s two-hour finale averaged 4 mil/0.8 (average grade “B+”), down two tenths from last week (4.2 mil/1.0).

Elsewhere in the ratings….

CBS | Leading out of an old Bang, The Odd Couple (7.2 mil/1.5) slipped 16 percent and a tenth. Mom (8 mil/1.7) also ticked down, and was off from its previous finale (8.8 mil/2.0). The recently cancelled Rush Hour (4.1 mil/0.9) was steady.

NBC | The Blacklist (6.9 mil/1.3, average grade “A-“) was steady but down 11 and 19 percent from its previous finale. The recently cancelled Game of Silence (3.2 mil/0.6) dipped a tenth.

THE CW | Legends of Tomorrow (1.85 mil/0.7, average grade “B+”) was steady with its freshman finale, while The 100 (1.29 mil/0.5, average grade “B-“) ticked up to its best numbers since March 3.

FOX | Bones (4.3 mil/0.9) ticked up in the demo.

1. Al says:

I guess the show didn’t die when Derek Died, guess that boycotting didn’t work

ABC better br giving Ellen Pompeo buckets of money to stay

2. Gul says:

Im so glad for Grey’s. I loved the season (mostly). Mer & the sisters were great (except when Mer decided to be petty for no reason), loved everything Japril (except the divorce but ah well) & I even like the addition of Nathan (although Im glad his ‘tiff’ with Owen is over). Next season I just hope Alex gets his due coz all he’s done this season is be Mer’s blanket. He needs a solid SL.

• Gospino says:

I hope Alex’d story does not involve Jo. But I’m sure it will. I don’t like her. I feel that she’s a very underdeveloped character, so I don’t care about her at all. I liked Penny more!

3. Alex23 says:

Can’t get into The Catch. It seems too forced and if it weren’t part of Shondaland and her buddy wasn’t in charge of the network would it have been renewed??? Me thinks not..

• Mika says:

Ok I like The Catch but really ABC, you cancelled Nashville for this? Hope this isn’t what you think the future hope is.

4. lst says:

I love it that Greys is still staying strong. 12 years in and I still look forward to it.

5. mklopez says:

“Legends of Tomorrow was steady with its freshman finale” –I thought THIS was the freshman finale!

6. Boiler says:

So ABC cancels Nashville for The Catch. It is .8 and .9 in first year. Do they think it will get better. Not likely!! Shonda must be running the show

• ABG says:

The Catch got lucky that Scandal isn’t back until midseason. That left a slot open.

That and the fact that ABC owns the Catch. Nashville was a Lionsgate produced show

• Falcon says:

I’m positive that ABC owning The Catch was the biggest deciding factor. The Catch doesn’t pull great numbers, but whatever it does pull is 100% pure profit for ABC. That matters.

• Boiler says:

Actually they probably could have done a short final season for Nashville instead of the The Catch, at least until Scandal came back. Guess the lesson learned is don’t watch a network show unless that network owns it. Seems like I lost 2 favorite shows that way, Mysteries of Laura and Nashville

7. Ken says:

In comparison ratings wise between the Catch (which i like) and the Family (which i liked a little more) which one did better overall? I know they were on different nights, but they both seemed like they were both low rated for their freshman runs. I think the Family could have been renewed for shortened seasons like the Catch, How to Get Away With Murder, etc. And I like where the Family was headed based on the finale and the producers discussion of a possible season 2.

8. shakeitofGA says:

This just shows how good Shonda is. I’ve said I was done with this show when Izzy left, then watch one episode got hooked again. Then said I was done when Lexie and Sloan died. Accidentally watch one episode got hooked again.. said I was FINALLY done when Christina left and then Derek died but my co-worker convinced me to watch gain said the medical aspect(I’m a nurse) was worth it. Tried watching one episode this season got hooked again. I can’t seem to get rid of this show.. not really surprise ratings are high despite derek leaving the show. I still love the drama and medical case this show provides despite the main characters leaving. SPOILER ALERT.. thank God nobody died on the finale.

9. Mark says:

This finale was lame. Alex beating up then intern was contrived. Completely contrived. It was pathetically structured for the punch, literally!

Do better writing.