Did Chicago Fire Miss Out? Was Bones' Kid Dissed? A Grey's CGI Emergency? Too Many Shirtless Pics? And More Qs!

The Good WifeWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows, including Outlander, The Good Wife, Chicago Fire and Grey’s Anatomy!

1 | Did you need to take a cold shower after Outlander‘s wedding night? (Just us?)

VIDEO Exclusive Outlander Finale Sneak Peek: Claire Holds Angus at Knifepoint!

2 | On The Good Wife, shouldn’t Diane have given her LG partners a courtesy heads-up that she was going to represent Cary, to ward off inevitable suspicions that she was planning to defect? Also, can we get a few more gratuitous Matt Czuchry shirtless scenes before Cary is sprung from prison?

3 | Was Last Week Tonight‘s investigation of the Miss America “scholarship” program the best piece of in-depth reporting you saw this week?

RELATED Fall TV Spoilerpalooza: Exclusive Scoop on 42 Returning Favorites

4 | Is there some point — any point! — to Flo and Austin’s affair on Masters of Sex? Also, Virginia’s kids get an entire week off of school for Thanksgiving? And three weeks for Christmas?!

5 | Anyone pick up on a spark between Scorpion‘s Toby (played by Eddie Kaye Thomas) and Happy (Jadyn Wong)?Gotham

6 | On Gotham, how come the full carton of milk Selina had just pinched was near-empty when she went to pour it for the cat?

VIDEO Exclusive Gotham Sneak Peek: Det. Gordon Leans on Fish to Help Nab a Kid-Napper

7 | TVLine reader Disbeliever asks: “Do any of the show’s writers know where Dallas is on the map? Or how big Texas is? How on earth did the characters make it back from Mexico to Southfork so fast?”

8 | Why so quick to push your button, The Voice? (We’re looking at you, Adam Levine.) And this one comes from Reality Check cohost/Friend of TVLine Melinda Doolittle: “Outside of being a country artist, what would be another reason to turn down Pharrell if he turned his chair around for you?”

Stephen Amell Jason Dohring9 | Has Jason Dohring (seen here on CW Seed’s Veronica Mars web series Play It Again, Dick) been working out with Stephen Amell?

RELATED Spoilers for Scandal, Once, Mentalist, Vampire Diaries, Reign, The Flash, Homeland and More

10 | Anybody else find themselves disturbingly attracted to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Ward during that scene with Skye?

11 | Did it seem like Mindy Project’s Richie had fallen on some hard times? Wasn’t he a hotshot tennis dude the last time we saw him?

12 | If NCIS is doing this Mad Russian storyline all season, can they switch to a traditional style of on-screen subtitles? (This “typing it out,” different-locations-on-the-screen version is uniquely odd.) Also, how did Tony get to Russia so quickly?

13 | Who else is bummed that Chicago Fire‘s Shay and Chicago P.D.‘s Lindsay never got to have a scene together before… well, you know?

RELATED Chicago Fire Boss on [Spoiler]‘s Death, Fan Outrage, Possible Return

14 | If Awkward‘s Matty and Jenna were in a good place before Eva’s arrival and they’re in a good place post-Evagate, then what was the point of that character?

Person of Interest15 | Person of Interest’s mighty Samaritan supercomputer can only communicate one word at a time? How quickly is that gonna get old?

16 | We’re confused: If the person Nashville‘s Rayna called early in the episode was Luke, why did he seem so surprised when she showed up at the charity event? And why did it seem like Deacon was expecting to see her at The Bluebird?

17 | Is Red Band Society rewriting already, or were the “Kara’s parents” we met in the premiere her dad and his second wife? Also, isn’t Kara a bit young to be dropping 7th Heaven references? (She was 9 when it ended.) And finally, wouldn’t the show be 100 times better without the between-worlds sequences?

18 | Did The Mysteries of Laura — an 8 o’clock show in which a pre-K moppet could pop up in the very next scene — surprise you The Vampire Diaries Jeremy Shirtlesswith the perp’s brutal assault on Laura? (Speaking of NBC cop-moms having it rough: SVU abducted Benson’s baby already?!)

19 | Seriously, what is in the water in Mystic Falls? (And did we overdo it with shirtless photos this column?)

20 | Rhetorical question: Was there anything more joyous on TV this week than Terry Crews and Live‘s Michael Strahan having a dance-off to Earth Wind and Fire?

21 | SYTYCD fans: Can you watch the new ads for the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (set to 2NE1’s “I Am the Best”) without your brain immediately conjuring up memories of Jenna and all-star Mark’s astonishing Season 10 jazz routine?

RELATED Bones Premiere Shocker: Find Out Why [Spoiler] Had to Die

22 | Any other Bones watchers think it odd that Booth, upon returning home after a three-month stint in prison, didn’t ask to see daughter Christine?Grey's Anatomy

23 | Ringer CGI flashbacks, anyone?

24 | Were you more, less or equally shocked as How to Get Away With Murder‘s Wes when Annalise began to rub his chest during a tearful breakdown about her marital woes?

1. I do #21 every single time that commercial comes on. Loved that jazz number by Jenna and Mark!

2. johnhelvete says:

17) Gonna assume it was Kara’s dad and his new wife as well. I like the “between world sequences” better than the constant narration of Charlie, though both the narration and those sequences are a form of magic realism.

• Velocisexual says:

I agree with you on liking the “between world sequences”, even though I will admit the one from this weeks episode didn’t add much. I guess some people want all their shows to just be gritty nowadays, but I like having a little magical realism every now and then (it reminds me of Pushing Daisies somehow).

• johnhelvete says:

The scene with Kara and Charlie in the pilot was one of the best scenes in the pilot, so I agree that the scene with Jordi paled in comparison.

• wordsmith says:

I actually like the between-worlds sequences, as long as it doesn’t become a big issue in the real world.
      I think Kara’s two sets of parents makes sense. The part that confuses me is Jordi’s mom. They establish in the pilot that she got sick and died, then in the second episode he talks about her as if she’s still alive (and from the promos it seems like she’s the doc’s hot hookup from the bar). Hopefully they will clear up the confusion.

• johnhelvete says:

That seems simple to me, Jordi was lying because he desperately wanted Dr McAndrew to operate on his leg.

• wordsmith says:

Except McAndrew seems to assume she’s alive in the second episode too. It’s as if the pilot setup never happened.

• Whatevah says:

Hey..you know I thought it was weird when he said she didn’t believe he had cancer and that he wasn’t sick! Thx!

• johnhelvete says:

I was wondering about the part about now needing to get permission to operate, you may be correct that the show is doing a little bit of retcon from episode 1.

• This is mostly in reply to ‘Whatevah’ (there’s no reply option for that comment). McAndrew asks Jordi about his Grandmother… and Jordi says she didn’t believe he had cancer. I just rewatched that bit to make sure. I can’t remember any mention of his mother, though.

• Johanna says:

I’m sure McAndrew started checking out Jordi’s story right away. The hospital would need an adult for consent for all procedures after the initial ER admission.

3. Ana says:

#22 – I don’t know what was more shocking that Booth didn’t ask to see Christine or that he is in general population in prison, that would not happen..

• John NYC says:

It would when (crooked) TPTB want him dead.

• Randi says:

Did anyone else notice how small the other inmates looked compared to him? There wasn’t a good mix of body sizes. He was taller and had more muscle tone than everyone else. There should have been at least one guy that seemed intimidating. I’m not complaining at all, just pointing it out.

• Watching2muchTV says:

I thought Sweets would have recommended Booth get acclimated to the new house and being out of jail before seeing Christine. No one knew how badly Booth might react after getting out of prison, e.g., anger for losing their old house, PTSD triggered by items in the new house that had bullets, etc.

4. DJ Doena says:

3) I really like it that John doesn’t go for the quick punchline but rather makes a keen observation of the events and throws in a joke or two.

5. Diana says:

Oh my goodness, that Grey’s CGI was HORRIBLE. That’s my biggest takeaway from the premiere.

• JessicaR says:

It’s not just Grey’s though. All of ABC’s shows have terrible CGI. Have you seen Once Upon A Time or Revenge? I know ABC doesn’t have HBO type of money, but you would think it could do better.

6. Charlie says:

Glad I’m not the only one distracted by the terrible CGI on Grey’s

7. DJ Doena says:

6) Noticed that, too.

But the more important question is: What is “Gotham” trying to be, exactly?

And why was it necessary for Jim to tell Bruce that his parents’ murder is still free other than the foreknowledge that Bruce is going to be Youknowwho?

• Fido says:

Jim wanted to be honest with him. I think Jim sees the corruption, wants no part of it, to do the right thing and even lying to Bruce would have been wrong.

8. DJ Doena says:

16) Rayna probably changed her mind 3.14 times during the episode.

9. Adam says:

17) I wondered that too and I also came to the conclusion that those must be her father and stepmother. And yeah, those in-between world sequences are a bit too much. Were the present in the original show?

10. Dennis says:

15. Samaritan ” Humans” “are” “slow” “and” “stupid” “must” “talk” “slow” “to” “them”

11. Celesta says:

#17 – I was thinking the same thing about the 7th heaven quote, she’s way too young to have seen the show!

12. DJ Doena says:

17) Given her parents (especially on the mothers side) I very much doubt that she grew up watching such a preachery show like 7th.

But then again, I didn’t watch it either but know the gist of it, too.

13. pep says:

#19 Horrible hair juice that’s what! Why can’t he just go back to masquerade episode with Lucy hair hair forever.

14. Addie says:

8. Fear that you might have to interact with Robin Thicke at some point? Pharrell is awesome but that’s a potential downside.

15. Carissa says:

Re#21… Nope. It was the first thing that popped into my head. 😄

16. Tran says:

#13 says it all. RIP Leslie Shay :-(

17. John NYC says:

“Also, how did Tony get to Russia so quickly?”

They “borrowed” the SR-71 from Udvar-Hazy…. anybody checked Dulles?

At 3,530 km/h that thing moves…, so thats two hours Washington to Helsinki (6932 km).

18. Kim says:

22) I thought the same thing and was Parker even mentioned?

19. chattykat11 says:

4. Just an FYI..my kids get a week off from school for Thanksgiving. I think that it’s rather nice to have that week off. They have about a bit more than 2 weeks off for Christmas (December 19th to January 6th). So it does happen.

20. Casto says:

6) She drank it? I don’t believe there was anything that specified the time elapsed of scaling the building to get away and coming down to feed the cat. Could have been 1 hour later, who knows.

• wordsmith says:

Or maybe there were a bunch of other cats up on the roof?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Let me be a bit more clear, as the writer of #6: When Selina lands in front of the cat, the carton is full. When she bends down, it’s near empty.

• Casto says:

Just re-watched it online. I don’t see how you can say the carton is full when she lands in front of the cat. Admittedly it is hard to tell with the translucent white milk cartons, unless light it shone on it. Could be a continuity error, but really hard to say. Also, I feel weird doing an in depth analysis of a random milk carton.

• DJ Doena says:

My guess is that the cat blew the scene and she had to pour time and time again and that’s how the bottle got emptier with each shot.

Much like the M&M bowl Biff is eating from in Back to the Future. ;-)

• Gerald says:

It really stood out to me also. It was full, partially because she stole it from someone carrying groceries.

• winnie says:

Matt, geez. There’s a lot of cat whe gave from that milk. That was the last one we saw. (Or she drank it.)

• JMill says:

This is the obvious answer, but in a way only if you know the character (Catwoman) from the comics. Cats are sort of her spirit animal and she takes care of bunches of cats at a time. The full to near empty carton stuck out to me to until I thought about it; ‘Oh. Yeah. Catwoman. Duh.’ :-)

21. learodri says:

10) OMG YES!!!!! Thank goodness I wasn’t the only one.

22. Boiler says:

I think Bones talked to Booth about Christine and likely knew she wasn’t home. And I am pretty tired of all the shirtless stuff. I used to be able to be in the same room when my wife watched DWTS but outfits are horrendous, especially for the time it is on. Just me!

23. Viv says:

17. Well, I was eleven when The West Wing ended and I can make a tone of references to that show… ;)

24. Noelle says:

#4 – More importantly, why haven’t Virginia’s kids aged a single day since the first season? The series started in the year 1956 and is currently up to 1961, and yet they are completely the same. Shouldn’t her son at least be close to middle school age by now, or am I completely crazy?

25. Curly Girly says:

#19: Thanks for the shirtless pic of TVD’s Steven R. McQueen, but TECHNICALLY this wasn’t on TV this week, right? These were pics you posted in another article. Still, thanks for the Shirtless pic. :-)

26. uscshameless says:

#6!!

27. Than says:

What show is the first picture of the shirtless guy in prison from? I think I watch all new episodes of everything discussed but have no recall of that guy?

28. Steven says:

23. I said the same thing last night!

29. Tiera says:

I was thinking the same thing about Richie from # 11, it seems like since his first couple of appearances his look and hair have been getting shaggier and ruffled.

30. On NCIS how did Tony get to Russia so quickly. Well I dont know how long it takes to get to Finland from DC when there is a plane waiting but I do know it went from day to night in Russia and the team moved several miles through the woods with a man with a wounded leg. They were in the woods two days, there is a considerable time gap between when Tony left and when he arrived in Russia, not the ten minutes in the show.

31. sarah j says:

6)LOL I said that out loud to my husband!
    16)Good question. Maybe she called Deacon to say that she was coming and that is why she put on his ring when she was getting ready. Then she changed her mind at the last minute and chose Luke. I think there is something up with Luke, I do not think he is the good guy he is pretending to be.
    19) I am all for shirtless photos of out Mystic Falls men.

32. Abby says:

17. I find it odd that a show like 7th Heaven doesn’t exist in reruns. Or even on DVD. Oh wait…it does in both. Maybe that’s where she got the references from ;) I mean, I’m much younger than Happy Days but I still get the references…

33. Joe R says:

You can never have too many shirtless pics.

34. hemojr says:

Even if #6 was an editing out of Selina Kyle drinking the milk herself before feeding it to the cat, it was jarring and they’ve had plenty of time since making the pilot to fit the continuity error.

35. Kubrick says:

I was sad Lindsay and shay never got a scene. Shay seeing Lindsay in the blackout episode last year her reaction said it all.

36. JG says:

I really wanted to LOVE Red Band Society. Love the cast, the premise and the pilot. But the second episode left much to be desired. I’ll give it a couple more episodes to see if it finds its footing but right now im pretty disappointed.

37. IMHO says:

19. An additional shirtless photo to accompany # 1 would of been nice.

38. murley says:

22. I thought the exact same thing while watching Bones. If I hadn’t seen my daughter in 3 months, no matter what conspiracy case I was eager to solve, I would need to see her immediately.

39. Whatevah says:

#17 I like the between-worlds.

40. Shanelle says:

here is my question: How can the board take away “shares” given to Alex? Is the competition for a buy out? What Bailey is going to just make him hand them over?

41. Gerri says:

2, 9, 19
    Loved Matt’s shirtless scene.
    Jason Dohering looks like he is trying too hard. Stephen season 1 makes it look so easy.
    Stephen McQueen, love it, but how does that relate to this weeks TV?

• murley says:

I think Jason is supposed to look like he is trying too hard. That is the joke. So far Play it again, D:ck is hilarious. I can’t wait to see how Kyle Gallner comes into the mix.

42. Lorie says:

#6 – I caught that, too. I couldn’t help but laugh.

43. bj says:

10…Most definitely. He looked super sexy.

24. Totally shocked. That was creepy. I really felt for the poor boy.

44. GiZi says:

2. Nope. They would have been suspicious regardless.
    6. I noticed that too. Maybe the rest had been poured out during previous takes.
    10. Yes, and it freaked it me out.
    22. Yes. My thoughts exactly.
    24. Shocked? Horror would be more accurate.

45. herman1959 says:

(19) – Yes, enough already with the shirtless photos.
    (24) – Not surprised; she was playing ALL the angles and he fell for it…he’s so young.

46. Rose says:

#1. Yes …. pretty sure everyone I know did as well … that was … James Alexander Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser! The King of Men.

47. srm8484 says:

That Grey’s green screen was horrific. And could someone please rewrite #24? Terribly written.

48. notyourmama says:

23. Worst CGI ever.

49. Tom says:

~
    I was rather impressed with the girl’s answer to if she was wearing panties or not. I don’t know, I don’t watch the show, I just saw that bit when I was checking to see what was up with Madam Secretary
    ~
    ~
    It was indeed. Though the stuff with the Redskins on the Daily Show was good too.
    ~
    ~
    Does seem like there could be something there.
    ~
    ~
    Can’t say I did sorry. Skye was looking good though.