Is a New Orphan Hook-Up Ahead? Has Amy Schumer Ruined Chopped? NSA Vs. Nielsens?! And More TV Qs

Orphan Black Felix Clone

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Hannibal, Orphan Black, Louie and The 100!

1 | Orphan Black‘s Vic cleans up pretty good, huh? But do we still love to hate him? And do we foresee an impulsive, animalistic hook-up between him and Alison? Also, does Felix have a Russian clone? (Hat tip to Vlada Gelman’s mom for the discovery.)

RELATED | Orphan Black‘s Dylan Bruce on That Sex Scene, Paul ‘Stalking’ Sarah and More

2 | Hannibal spoiler alert ahead! What was the bigger shock: that Lecter hadn’t killed Abigail Hobbs months before… or that he finally did the deed in front of Will’s face? Does Hannibal’s neighborhood suffer from the same slow-to-respond emergency services as Bones‘ Booth and Brennan? Were you sad to see the symbolic stag die? And who wants to start the campaign to make Gillian Anderson a series regular for Season 3?

RELATED | Hannibal EP Talks Bloody Finale: Who’s Dead, Which Brutal Scene Got Moved, Why [Spoiler] Boarded That Plane

3 | Had any other Mad Men fans found themselves wondering earlier this season if Bert’s days were perhaps numbered? And we’ve already come up with a bunch of questions related to the midseason finale, but here’s one more, inspired by TVLine reader comments: Who must we bribe to get Sal  back during the final stretch?

4 | How surprised were you to find yourself sympathizing with Penny Dreadful’s Creature even after he tore apart sweet Proteus?

5 | You mean to tell us there wasn’t a single dude who packed up his dignity and left the building when Bachelorette Andi made her group-date suitors participate in a bumping, grinding, down-to-their-skivvies strip show in front of a live audience? And, really, did her repeated reminder that the event was “for charity” make it any less icky?

6 | How great was it to see Faking It‘s Shane and Lauren on the same team — sequins and all?!

Awkward7 | Are we supposed to be sad that Awkward‘s Sadie and Austin broke up? (Because we’re actually just excited that the road to Sadie and Matty is now clear.) And did Val really have to rehash Jenna and Matty’s romantic history with them sitting right there? Talk about Awkward.

8 | Are The Night Shift‘s secondary characters more interesting than the main ones? We’d watch Drew and Kenny’s shenanigans over TC and Jordan’s sexual tension any day!

RELATED | Spoilers on Once, NCIS, Defiance, Falling Skies, Rizzoli, 24, Covert, Graceland and More!

9 | After Inside Amy Schumer‘s “Sauced” parody, will you ever be able to watch Chopped the same way again?

10 | Can we give this week’s Best Casting Award to the actor playing Louie‘s Young Louie?

11 | For a show that’s already struggling in the ratings, why did So You Think You Can Dance opt to have Justin Bieber play any part in the Season 11 premiere? And boogying dads: Cute, or enough already?

12 | FTLOG, can someone teach The 100‘s Myles how to handle a firearm? The kid walks around jutting his semi-automatic’s barrel in people’s faces, his finger right near the trigger! Also, about this food crisis: a little charred meat never hurt any starving post-apocalyptic teen, right?

13 | Can we get more of Spike TV’s One Night Only tributes to entertainment icons — in which celebs show the guest of honor more reverence than mockery — and less of Comedy Central’s crass-as-can-be “roasts”? Also, thinking about that Don Rickles/Frank Sinatra retrospective reel: Is there anything even close to a modern-day equivalent of that bromance, between an iconic comic and singer?

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

14 | Does Hollywood Game Night go through, like, a top-shelf casting agency to get its conspicuously attractive “civilian” contestants? When it’s hard to tell who isn’t a celeb….Undateable_apt

15 | Does Chris D’Elia’s Undateable Danny live in the same NBC sitcom apartment as Whitney’s Alex? Or is it, as TVLine reader Alyssa suggests, from Are You There Chelsea? And if the show doesn’t work out, perhaps Brent Morin could pursue a career on Broadway? (He killed that Backstreet Boys sing-a-long!)

16 | Is anyone else sick of seeing so many bullets fired during Gang Related shootouts — without any main characters getting hurt? And did anyone else roll their eyes when they said Carlos was still alive after getting shot seven times by the rival gang?

17 | To paraphrase TVLine reader Floodit World: “Can’t the NSA simply tell Nielsen what shows everybody is watching?”

18 | When a network boss “steps down,” should there be an online vote to decide which of the shows that he or she cancelled gets resurrected?

19 | In 2014, how do we feel about Chelsea Handler opening her E! talk show with 90 seconds of jokes about dwarfism (capped with a demand that the cast of Little Women: LA get written permission from a pediatrician before getting into a hot tub)?

20 | Is Jan’s pregnancy in the Toyota ads the most you’ve been engaged with a fictional, commercial character since Anthony Stewart Head’s Taster’s Choice spots?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. Nate says:

#18 YES, PLEASE! !!!!!

• ti_kup says:

^^ This! and Bring back! Raising Hope, Surviving Jack, Enlisted and Almost Human ASAP

• KCC says:

#18 YES!! voting for the renewal of Surviving Jack and Almost Human

• katie says:

Raising Hope would make the BEST episode about how they were un-cancelled. remember when they went to hollywood and burt kicked the network executives for canceling my name is earl? Like that, but even more entertaining.

• wordsmith says:

Just think: if this were a rule, Firefly might just have wrapped season 12…

• cg313 says:

I totally agree with this 100%

• S. says:

Sorry guys, Kevin Reilly didn’t cancel Almost Human or Enlisted, he was set to renew them and his boss (Rice) overruled him which is one of the reasons he quit or “quit.”

• wordsmith says:

You’re right – the question was not quite accurate. When an executive, leaves, that season’s cancellations are usually due to the remaining execs clearing room for new programming – sometimes even torpedoing good shows because the credit for their ongoing success would go to the now-departed exec. Petty and stupid, and still worthy of a vote to keep it from happening.

• wordsmith says:

Another relevant question might be which of LAST YEAR’S cancelled gems (the ones that WERE cancelled by the disgraced and departing exec) might be deserving of a second chance.

• wordsmith says:

Following that logic, we should be wondering whether Ben and Kate or Goodwin Games deserved another shot, or possibly one more season of Fringe. Don’t think anybody would fight too hard for Mob Doctor or Touch. If anything, he could have cancelled MORE shows…

2. Babybop says:

2: The fight only seemed to take like, 10 minutes. It would be more unrealistic to me if the police showed up right away. Emergency services never show up immediately, especially depending where Hannibal lives.

3. Kim R says:

14. Hollywood Game Night: I was saying that same thing last night! :) And that is the only show listed in questions that I watch! Happy weekend all! :D

4. Charles says:

Talk to 50 Cent…

5. Aaron says:

#13: I would definitely put Justin Timberlake and Adam Samberg in the category to one day reach that status.

6. George says:

In regards to #14…I actually know one of the contestants from this week’s episode (I didn’t watch it), but I can confirm she’s just a “regular” person w/a “regular” day job :)

• GeoDiva says:

In last week’s show with the “jewelry designer” from Maui…she is actually a former news weather meteorologist in Honolulu who went on maternity leave and never came back. So she has all the on-camera poise, looks, etc…. Not exactly a regular person. Plus she is a former Miss Hawaii.

7. Bruce_F says:

I never ‘loved to hate’ Vic the Dick. I just hate him. Absolutely hate him.

• Tee says:

Same, I was hoping he was gone after last season because it felt like his story was played out. Having him show up at some upscale seeming rehab facility and buddying up to Allison feels so forced. Especially since he’s just working for Angie who also just seems annoying and uninteresting.

• wordsmith says:

Up until this past week, I would have said the same thing. Most annoying character ever. Needed him to die horribly.

That said, I’m surprised at how quickly they turned him around and made him seem like he might be a sympathetic, conflicted, self-aware character. Curious to see how that pans out.

• Josh says:

Me too. And I don’t think the writers will have Alison hook up with him(unless it’s to show she’s making a mistake). This was the man who abused Sarah. Alison knows this.

8. Et al. says:

20. What’s a commercial?

9. bruceeff says:

Also, to me, Felix’s clone looks like a cross between Tom Welling and Felix.

10. Regina says:

Am I the only one who can’t think of who the heck Bev is on Awkward?

11. Dav says:

#5 – If it had been The Bachelor and the women were made to do that can you imagine the outrage.

12. Joel says:

10. At first I thought they were voicing over the actor because his whole demeanor and talk sounded like Louie

13. Laura says:

#9. Loved the “pan-seared Lexapro”!

14. Patrick Maloney says:

I hope they keep Austin around on Awkward.

15. Boiler says:

No. 5…If they had any dignity they wouldn’t be on the show in the first place

16. Valerie says:

I have a question– is it hard to come up with 20 questions when there is NOTHING to watch on TV?

17. Britt says:

11. SYTYCD-I love the dads, but not Justin B.
    12. The 100-Said the same thing about the gun. The meat was ash, not charred.
    18. NO!!!! We shouldn’t have to wait until they get fired. We should have a vote before they make their final decision. Only in a perfect world sigh!

• katie says:

but if television was a democracy modern family and glee probably would have never made it onto our screens because of their “controversial characters” and the tv shows that have been running for a trillion seasons and the reality shows would get all the funding, compared to smaller, more unique pilots. so be grateful we have a few network execs willing to take risks.

• Britt says:

I’m talking about shows that are up for cancellation. It would be cool if we could save one show. Of course this is not an option, so it doesn’t even matter. Plus, Modern Family is still doing well and is not up for cancellation.

18. Meghan says:

Please change your font, in bold Sadie’s name looks like “Sadle”. I’ve noticed this happening with other i names, too.

19. CJ says:

1) While I do agree that Felix looks like the guy on the book cover, I think, more importantly, that we have finally found the perfect guy to play Freddy Mercury in Jordan Gavaris if that long-rumored biopic can ever get off the ground.

2) I was very shocked that Abigail was NOT already dead, but sad to see Hannibal seemingly take care of that. And I’dlove to have Gillian Anderson join the series full-time, as long as it doesn’t intefere with the glorious perfection that is The Fall.

10) Absolutely. Conner O’Malley was SO PERFECT as Young Louie.

15) I thought it was the Whitney set as soon as I saw it, but then again I always thought the Chelsea set and Whitney sets were the same in the first place so who knows. And Brent Morin is adorable. I’ve always liked his stand-up and it’s nice to see him workin’ it on TV.

20. Re 1: I never hated Vic! From the moment he struggled to read the eulogy for Sarah that he wrote himself I’ve thought he was worth cheering for! I also think a hookup with Alison would be awesome and support the writers finding ways to keep Vic involved in the storyline! Angela DeAngelis is also a good cjara yet but the only writing that makes sense at this point for her is death or something creepy like eternal silence with a mouth sewn shut! As for Felix’ Russian clone I obviously need to rewatch but yeah, with all the hints they keep dropping about Project LEDA and with how much I love Felix/Jordan Gavaris, I hope he’s the male clone so badly!

21. Smigglesby says:

#19 – it’s 2014, her show’s been on for 7 years, why are you surprised?

• Kvivik says:

Sadly, I agree. She can’t get off the air soon enough for me. (I don’t watch the show, but a friend was so insulted, he had me watch it so he would know that his reaction was shared by other people)

22. Karina says:

#18!!! YES YES YES!

23. KBD says:

14) I think one of the people who does the casting for HGN is Scott Porter’s (Heart of Dixie, FNL) wife. He tweeted about it once.

24. Ty says:

2. I was pretty sure she was alive and he was hiding her anyway but I can’t believe he killed her in front of will. Also was Michael Pitts character cutting off his face a little much for anyone else? I can handle a lot of gore but that much coming out of a network show was surprising.

17 & 18 are both great!

25. Pat says:

#8—Since they only aired one show so far, it is to soon for me to even consider this. I will see how it goes next week. I like the show and all of the characters, so no favorites yet.
    #18—Yes a hundred times over to this question. Also, how about allowing the viewers to vote on some of these shows before they are cancelled. Stop relying on Nielsen for cancellation of a show.

26. wordsmith says:

11) No more dancing dads during auditions unless they are actually legitimately good. Cutesy/cringe-worthy stunts are the worst parts of these early episodes.
    Also, ditch the Biebs. I like the dance crew showcase, but he brings nothing to the table charisma-wise in those canned clips. Couldn’t the segments be hosted by a big-personality All-Star with hip hop cred like tWitch or Dominic?

27. wordsmith says:

13) Andy Samberg / Justin Timberlake is the obvious modern day comic/singer bromance parallel that jumps to mind.

28. Jan says:

#3 — I’d LOVE to see Sal return!!

29. Hmm says:

#4 – Considering I did NOT sympathize with Creature at ALL, not surprised. Proteus was like a little baby how could he just… nope. Sorry. No.

30. Suz says:

1. no such thing as a hook up on OB!

7. No chemistry on the Sadie-Matty kiss so it’s not happening!

16. Yes, yes. New name of show: the gangs that shoot blanks

31. Bishop says:

#1 KILL VIC, PLEASE!!! I find that character incredibly unappealing and unwatchable. Seriously, whenever Vic comes into a scene, it feels like a character from some other show just walked in.
    And the thought of him and Alison getting nekkid together makes me projectile vomit!

32. Betsy says:

20. Ohmygoodness! Thank you for validating my insanity. YES!

33. cjeffery7 says:

#20 – i mean… Flo is pretty interesting too. we keep learning all these weird hobbies & interests that she has LOL

34. GTS says:

5. What do you think would have happened if The Bachelor proposed this, making the female contestants strip?

35. DarkDefender says:

#18 ABSOLUTLEY.

36. sarah says:

#7- I really like them as friends, why must all good male/female friendships become relationships?? This season is a vast improvement on last year and hopefully Matty and Jenna can repair their relationship (but I doubt it) but I want him and Sadie to continue their great friendship. And if Sadie and Jenna can somehow get rid of Ava I’d be even happier!!!

37. Britta Unfiltered says:

3. Nah, I didn’t see that coming at all. And I would love to get Sal back.
    10. He certainly had the laugh down pretty well.
    17. Hahahaha. Indeed.