Ratings: Reign Rises, a Crazy Low, Wonderland Returns Up But Grey's and Scandal Slide

Ratings The Crazy OnesThe Crazy Ones was the only CBS Thursday offering to not see an uptick this week.

Drawing 7.1 million total viewers and a 1.7 demo rating (per finals), the freshman comedy dropped a few eyeballs and ticked down two tenths in the demo, hitting a series low.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? On the Bubble?

Elsewhere on the Eye network, Big Bang (18 mil/5.3) was up three tenths, Two and a Half Men (10.5 mil/2.6) rose one tenth, The Millers (11.8 mil/2.9) gained two tenths and Elementary (8.5 mil/1.8) inched up two tenths.

ABC | Once Upon a Time in Wonderland returned from its three-month break to 3.1 million viewers and a 0.9 rating, up a tenth from its midseason finale. Grey’s Anatomy (8.2 mil/2.6) slipped 13 and 16 percent, while Scandal (8.4 mil/2.8) fell 10 and 18 percent.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Recap: Them’s the Breaks
RELATED | Scandal Recap: ‘What Is That, Latin for Dweeb?’

THE CW | The Vampire Diaries (2.2 mil/1.0) ticked up a tenth, while Reign’s royal wedding drew 1.77 mil and a 0.7, up 34 and 40 percent week-to-week.

RELATED | The Vampire Diaries Recap: Spirited Away
RELATED | Reign React: Did Mary Wed the Right Brother?

NBC | Community (2.8 mil/1.0) was flat, Parks and Rec (2.9 mil/1.3) perked up two tenths, Parenthood (3.8 mil/1.2) ticked up a tenth, and Hollywood Game Night (3.3 mil/1.1) dipped a tenth.

RELATED | American Idol Results Recap: Girls, Interrupted

FOX | American Idol’s final 8 pm results show (9.7 mil/2.2) dipped two tenths, while Friday-bound Rake (3.6 mil/0.8) was flat.

1. Zach says:

I highly doubt CBS would cancel The Crazy Ones. They have multiple single camera pilots this year and have to have something to pair with them.

• Amanda says:

I hate this ratings news. Last night’s ep was so good! Hopefully, it picks up a lot on the DVR ratings.

2. herman1959 says:

I knew Scandal would fall after the first episode of season 3B, and I think I called it. Matt, how about an update on your chart.

3. Ames says:

Wow @ the millers…I had no idea it was that popular…i’ve caught it a couple times and i didn’t think it was terrible but i wasn’t rolling on the floor laughing either.

4. Eric7740 says:

The Crazy Ones deserves better than this!!!

• Tenney says:

I agree with this, the Crazy Ones is fantastic. I wish they would move it after TBBT to hopefully get more eyes on it because it is so much better than The Millers.

• Larc says:

Robin Williams’s shtick has totally worn out for me. I tried to watch TCO, but couldn’t tolerate it. Maybe if they had put somebody else in his role…

5. sarah says:

The Crazy Ones is so funny! I really hope this week is the only week it is down.
    Glad that Vampire Diaries rose same with Parenthood.

6. Fernando says:

Yay to Reign, I hope it keeps rising

7. Crog says:

CBS should cancel the miller’s and the crazy ones. Two and a half men is doing better now being at 9 and everyone knows the miller’s wouldn’t be doing anywhere close to this good without the big bang theory before it. Plus the drop between tbbt and it is massive but the drop to 2.5 men is very small

8. Ava says:

The Vampire Diaries and Reign were awesome last night.

9. spindae2 says:

Great up for Reign, the show deserves it.

10. GuessWhat says:

Community gets zero meowmeowbeenz.

11. Nicole says:

I know Once…Wonderland has been a disappointment for ABC, but they could’ve at least promoted it’s return just a wee bit. Sheesh.

• gdv says:

Seriously. I would’ve had NO idea that it was coming back last night if it hadn’t been mentioned in one of TVLine’s posts.

• bigredeo says:

You NEVER would have known Wonderland was back. Thank God my DVR picked it up. I watch a lot of ABC daily and I didn’t see one single commercial for it, while all their other shows are getting plugged left and right.

12. Magali says:

Last night ep of The Crazy ones was really funny. Babies in cute costumes and a great bromance moment set to the song of Dawson’s creek: perfection.

13. John NYC says:

TBBT is a deserved monster in viewership. Love the show.

Crazy Ones is a fun half hour.

14. herman1959 says:

I’m only a casual viewer, but the Crazy Ones strikes me as the type of show that needs time to build an audience. I think they should keep Crazy Ones and drop Two and a Half Men (ratings be damned). Really, Two and a Half Men has been on FOREVER, and “what would Idina Menzel say: Let It Go!”

• Megan says:

I think you mean Adele Dazeem. I kid, I kid. Joking aside, I don’t watch Men (but I’ve caught a few reruns by accident), but it does generate a lot of viewers so it’s not my place to say cancel it or renew it. I’d really love for CBS to keep The Crazy Ones though. The cast is fantastic and despite it’s general sitcom feel, I really think it has something special and unique that other shows don’t…not sure what it is exactly, but it just feels different. Maybe it’s the fact that it’s hilarious and I laugh out loud each episode without an abundance of crude, sexual innuendo humor that Men is known for. Maybe you’re right, Herman, maybe it just needs some time to build an audience…and by time, I mean a couple seasons, not just episode to episode. Even though it started out pretty strong anyway, TBBT added roughly 50% of it’s viewers from Season 1 to Season 3 (according to quick math and the ratings I just looked up on Wikipedia). That’s a pretty substantial jump and it’s basically doubled it’s initial viewers in season 7.

• herman1959 says:

EXACTLY!

• dan says:

The Crazy Ones has a great cast. I didn’t watch it at the beginning of the season, but caught a rerun and thought it had promise. I added it to my DVR list and now I think I’ve seen most of this seasons episodes based on periodic reruns played on other nights. Robin Williams isn’t too OTT, Sarah M-G is at ease in her role, and the supporting players are terrific (I’ve always liked Hamish Linklater and both James Wolk and Amanda Setton are perfectly cast). The Bar Mitzvah episode last week was hysterical, and last night’s bromance was both funny and sad (melancholy?) at the same time. Stick with it CBS!

15. Emma says:

A 2.2 for idol? whoa, that’s got to be an all time low since the show started. With the contestants they have this year, it won’t surprise me if it actually falls below a 2 by seasons end.

16. tanner15 says:

Hey Matt how did Suits do last night?

17. DarkDefender says:

Matt, is it just me or do comedies seem to do better in the Demo and dramas do better in overall viewers? If so, seems hard to compare them for renewal purposes, wouldn’t it?

18. sexy Video says:

This helped her gain attention which led to her being chosen as a Goldwyn Girl in the 1933 musical “Roman Scandals. He liked her work on Broadway where Vance’s success lasted many years. Established news sites may not entice you with exclusives for one solid reason: there usually arent any.

19. J says:

You know, I have to say I cared more about Anastasia and the Knave more than I did about Alice and the Genie. Alice and the Genie storyline bored me to death. After watching March 21 episode, I HOPE THEY RENEW THIS SHOW and just do it during midseason for heaven’s sake like they should have done.. This show can focus on characters that probably won’t be in the mothership because of no room or already too many other characters.

20. This keeps poisonous gas from the exhaust filtering
    into your vehicle. When you have finallyy reached the Collector base yoou should find
    Shephard addressing the crew on the Normandy. He followed the rule of
    thumb that states that you admit your wrongdoing, takje the
    consequences of your actions and maje efforts to restore your reputation annd turn the
    negative experience into a positive result.