Is Dome Too Tech Savvy? Should Rookie Cop Quit? Ship Happens on The Strain? Sex Wife Insane? And More Qs

20Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Strain, Under the Dome, Switched at Birth and Rookie Blue!

1 | Girl Meets World got pretty heavy with the Maya/mom storyline, right? Even if it cribbed from BMW’s Sean story some? And is anyone else starting to worry about Riley’s wackiness? Young Cory wasn’t that looney, was he?

2 | Is it just us, or has Libby’s behavior on Masters of Sex become so deplorable that her scenes with Coral and Robert are practically unbearable to watch?

RELATED Spoilers on Once, Grey’s, Sons of Anarchy, Hawaii Five-0, Castle, NCIS: LA, Scandal and More

3 | Is one takeaway of Sunday-night TV that Dr. Ephraim Goodweather would have greater success in treating The Strain if he was stationed on The Last Ship? Also, after the M.E. has gone on a public feeding frenzy, might people believe Eph now? And did Ephraim really think he could hide from the police after they’d seen him through his glass front door?

4 | Was it funny to see The Last Ship treat a patient with a bucket of ice water right in the midst of all the #IceBucketChallenge mania? And is anyone else concerned that now they’ve found the cure, things will go a bit “Revolution Season 2″ as the good guys face nefarious factions back in the dystopic mainland?

5 | As cool as it is to see Falling Skies’ Maggie run through the Lara Croft training course, can we stop acting like bullets are in endless supply?

6 | Did anyone expect that Witches of East End would kill the mandragora this quickly?

7 | Whoa, did Austin & Ally actually kiss on the lips, at the prom (as seen in this sneak peek)?! How did Disney Channel not implode??

Switched at Birth

8 | Reckless fans, why haven’t more people in Charleston called out the chemistry between Roy and Jamie? And considering they were dancing in the middle of the Mayor’s Ball, wouldn’t everyone “know” about their potential relationship?

9 | Switched at Birth‘s Bay, could your skirt be any shorter? And since Bay might be going to juvenile detention, might there be a crossover with The Fosters in the future?

RELATED Switched at Birth Renewed for Season 4

10 | Best adoptive parents: The Fosters‘ Lena and Stef or The O.C.‘s Sandy and Kirsten Cohen?

11 | Could Teen Wolf‘s Officer Parrish be a phoenix? (Side note: Would everyone be fine if his supernatural powers were simply being “young” and “handsome”?) Also, after finding out that “Ariel” was Lydia’s nickname, does anyone else want to see Holland Roden play The Little Mermaid?

top-model-matthew12 | Is it too soon to declare that America’s Next Top Model will crown a male winner this season? Have you seen those boys? Also, shouldn’t Fox think about poaching crazy-cute Matthew from the competition and casting him as David Annable’s muscle-y younger brother on Red Band Society? And surely, we misheard contestant Will when he declared the return of runway coach Miss J as “best moment of my life,” yes?

13 | Did Mistresses really need to make Ben so pale and sweaty when he arrived at Karen’s door to raise the possible specter of him having contracted HIV? (It’s 2014, for cryin out loud!) And did anyone really buy Dom giving Toni a second chance at the firm after she’d falsely accused him of sexual harassment — given that he’s already on shaky ground with his fellow partners?

Under the Dome14 | On Under the Dome, is Joe using a tablet model that hadn’t been released as of June 2013, when the dome came down? And, if so, is this an instance of product placement trumping continuity?

15 | Is anyone inadvertently finding themselves saying “How are yooooou?” in the slow, stilted style of Karen Gillan in ABC’s Selfie promos?

16 | At this point on Pretty Little Liars hasn’t “A” gotten a bit all-powerful? How did he/she/it know which street they’d use to get to the police station? Also, could we get more of the Caleb/Toby bromance?

VIDEO Pretty Little Liars First Look: ‘Fatal’ Summer Finale Claims Its First Victim

Covert Affairs17 | If Covert Affairs‘ Auggie “read” Annie’s top, what do you think it would say? And if McQuaid isn’t the bad guy, and Caitlin (apparently) isn’t, who is?

18 | Considering that Perception‘s Donnie would have been good in office, isn’t it sad that his run got cut short? Though, did anyone think murder would be responsible for that?

MTV VMA Promo19 | Was this promo for the MTV Video Music Awards, which aired mid-scene during Finding Carter, the most obnoxious on-air tag ever? And speaking of the latter show, how does Elizabeth not have a stronger reaction to Grant yelling that he hates her?

RELATED Finding Carter Renewed for Season 2

20 | Snap poll: Who had the better zingers on Big Brother — the Zingbot or Kathy Griffin?

21 | Did any of Valerie’s prior So You Think You Can Dance performances prepare you for her epic wedding-reception hip-hop routine with Twitch? Also, is there any chance Ricky doesn’t wind up with the title of America’s Favorite Dancer?

22 | Suits fans, are you going to miss Katrina (assuming Amanda Schull is too busy with 12 Monkeys to make a return)?

RELATED Post Mortem: Suits Boss on Louis’ Power Play, Mike/Rachel’s Future

Graceland23 | Is Graceland kinda overdoing it with the “sun-baked” tint given to the Mexico scenes? Would we otherwise forget where Johnny is? Also: Is Graceland an appropriate place for an eventual nursery?

24 | Does it feel like there’s zero chemistry between Mystery Girls‘ Holly and Detective Freeman?

25 | Given how little his absence affected the show, is it time for Rookie Blue‘s Chris to permanently take a leave?

26 | Did the Project Runway producers and Lifetime fail to look at a calendar and notice that their “create a dress for Heidi Klum to wear to the Creative Arts Emmys” challenge was going to air after the event, effectively spoiling the episode?

Defiance27 | Did you think for a moment that Defiance‘s Tommy had been infected with The Strain? Could the solution to the murder mystery have been more obvious? And does the Irzu storyline suddenly make sense?

28 | Did anyone else suspect that The Honorable Woman‘s Nessa was Kasim’s real mother? Doesn’t it seem like Nessa and Atika have romantic feelings for each other?

1. Victor says:

wth @ #6. Are you talking about the episode airing this Sunday? Not cool, man! D:

• Csbd says:

No. It happened on last Sundays episode.

• Victor says:

Really? I only remember Ally walking in, then Austin sees her from the other side of the room and starts talking to Trish but Carrie is the one who listens then TO BE CONTINUED :z

• Csbd says:

#6 is about Witches of East End

• Victor says:

Looks like they switched the order (LADY_in_MD’s comment seems to confirm this).

Anyway, I was kinda mad at first but I’m forgiving TVLine for the spoiler as it got me more excited for the episode than the opposite. S’all good now. :)

2. crog says:

If that’s the original surface rt or pro it was out before the dome came down.

3. BBS says:

Question: Who else noticed that there was no ice in Julie Chen’s “ice bucket”?

• JeffDJ says:

In an interview elsewhere, Julie said she made sure there was equal parts ice and water in the bucket, but unfortunately by the time the bucket came out to her it had all melted (making it even colder, apparently).

4. rod says:

22 – Graceland and Teen Wolf did the same thing with their fake take on Mexico, has anyone involved in the show ever been to Mexico? Dont think so. They treat Mexico as this big desert when its not.

5. LADY_in_MD says:

#7 no I thought that it would go on for the whole season but I’m guessing they killed it so the storyline for Frederick could move along I wish they would also move forward with the storyline on Eva
    #20 as good as Ricky is I think Zack may actually end up winning but we will see what happens next week
    #25. I didn’t even bother watching last night since it was already known who won I think lifetime made a mistake airing this episode after the actual awards

6. Ethel says:

Mystery Girls has to be the worst show I have watched in a long time. I tried to watch 2 episodes and deleted it from DVR.

7. Jake says:

On Mystery Girls, Charlie and the detective seem to have chemistry. But Tori Spelling and her overacting doesn’t have chemistry with anyone, she might as well be in scenes alone.

8. GeoDiva says:

#4: So afraid of what Season 2 will be! The scenes with the family in the cabin, etc… are boring. I don’t want another Revolution. They need to stay on the ship.
    #13: Dom is dumber than a box of rocks for keeping Toni around.
    #17: I think it is the guy who works for the DCI that was all on Coulder this past episode or someone with the DNI that Hayley works for.
    #26: The real tension of the show wasn’t who won, but the double elimination.

9. 2 – They have to make Libby unlikeable for us so that we don’t hate Bill as much for cheating on her.
    21 – I think Ricky’s win is pretty inevitable. But, I do think it was very disrespectful to the other dancers for the judges to make constant reference to that inevitability all season long.
    26 – I’m glad I’m not the only one that was bugged by the episode airing after she wore the dress. That was my first thought when she announced the challenge.

10. Dark Defender says:

4. Not if they do it better than Revolution did (and avoid cancelation).
    17. Annie’s shirt deciphers the code for the writings of Coulson on S.H.I.E.L.D. (and I still think it is McQuade).
    20. No doubt, Kathy Griffin’s zingers were better. Zing-bot has lost her touch.
    26. In an otherwise lackluster season so far (not talking about you Kini), I think the spoiler helped this week’s episode.

11. wordsmith says:

My Covert Affairs question is how Annie and Caitlin got down those scary metal stairs in the Flint hideout while wearing those wildly impractical (though admittedly fierce) stilettos.
    If they were going for realism, at least one of them should have gotten severely injured in the attempt.

• Katherine215 says:

I had the same thought! Those skinny little heels would have TOTALLY gotten caught in the grates real life. Well, at least in my real life, anyway.
      I still think it’s Caitlin. Why else would they bring her on the show?
      My CA question is, how much more can Annie take advantage of Auggie before he finally gets fed up with her? It seems like every other episode she’s lying to him or breaking his trust. I really hope they wrap up this “Annie is an island” theme soon, it’s really stupid. And she’s so mean to Joan, who has really tried hard over the seasons to mentor Annie and be her friend, and Annie constantly snubs her because Joan doesn’t let her do whatever she wants.

• Winter says:

I’m guessing at this point they covered the proper way to survive wearing stilettos at the farm. And I’m totally going with Caitlin as the traitor.

12. wordsmith says:

25) Chris has been more or less irrelevant since he and Gail split up. It seemed like they wrote him out but then reconsidered and brought him back for a few more. They should have stuck to their guns.

13. Marco says:

14. In the pilot, they say that it’s the end of summer, so most likely late august than june.

14. wordsmith says:

3) So true! THE STRAIN: “Here’s a sensible argument with actual physical proof.” “Nonsense! You’re under arrest!”
    THE LAST SHIP: “Here’s an incredibly risky plan based largely on guesswork.” “Great! We’ll all happily almost get ourselves killed trying to make it work.”

15. DK says:

Its Shawn not Sean. But don’t worry, not even Cory was sure how it was spelled (S5 E4) :)

16. mattinseattle says:

The Microsoft product placement in Under the Dome is obnoxious. Please STOP the long loving looks at the user interface and the keyboard snapping on. Most obvious product placement I’ve ever seen, and yes, that includes Apple PP!

• DarkDefender says:

They did the exact same thing on Elementary.

• Tess says:

You must not be watching Falling Skies – it’s laughable that the show’s 4 years into a near-apocalyptic turf war with aliens and yet somehow they can still find plenty of Hershey bars and kisses to pass around…

17. Daisy says:

#6. No but I’m grateful. I was weary of the weird handsy creature.
    #10 I don’t care what Parrish is as long a he stays forever.
    #21. Not really but I did like her devotion to Louis.
    #22. Way too yellow. And Graceland is no place for a baby. This whole 2nd season is like a completely different show from the first. Not sure how I feel about it.

18. Theresa Scott says:

On the stain You forgot the scene where she find a phone booth and a phone book in New York

19. richard says:

#26. Tim posted an apology for the spoiler. At this point in the competition, it’s more about who is going home than who won. This season has not been particularly interesting so far, I think last night’s episode was the first time I agreed with the judges.

20. Spoiler Junkie says:

22) I really liked Katrina. Hope Amanda Schull is back. If not, I am going to miss her.

23) Let’s wait and see how the baby story line proceeds. I am liking this season a lot. A centralized story with each member of Graceland involved as some cog in the overall wheel of taking down a cartel boss.

21. Bwhit says:

10) I like Stef and Lena but Sandy and Kirsten hands down! They weren’t looking to adopt and saved Ryan from prison for sure and gave Seth a brother he never thought he’d have.

23) The Mexico yellow tint was overwhelming. This baby storyline is annoying! Briggs is keeping a huge secret, Charlie hasn’t exactly been stable this season and Graceland is definitely not a place for a baby. They should of saved this storyline for a couple seasons down the road.

• GTS says:

Stef and Lena weren’t looking to adopt or foster, but they still took in Callie, even though she was in juvie- and then her brother! And they gave Mariana a sister, and Brandon a girlfriend.

22. Christine says:

22- Still hoping beyond hope that she will come back. She has honestly been one of the few things that I’ve enjoyed in this otherwise disappointing season.

23. Charles says:

Covert Affairs – how did Annie and Caitlin go down those stairs with those heels on their shoes?

24. Tim says:

Libby’s behavior makes no sense, especially considering she danced with the black handyman last season

• Marc says:

Exactly!!! She is obviously being villainized so that viewers are more sympathetic towards Bill’s betrayal of their marriage. I still like Libby despite this drastic change in the writing for her because they want us to root for Bill and Virginia as a couple.

25. joe says:

not only endless bullets in Falling Skies, but they must have a Supercuts, a nail salon, endless shaving razors and a gigantic washer/dryer (their clothes should be able to stan d up by know)

26. Celesta says:

#15 I thought it was just me! Can’t get it out of my head now

27. mommaknowsbest77 says:

Anyone (besides me) frightened by Louis’ anger at the end of “Suits” this week? WOW – who knew he had it in him??

28. Lizo says:

No, Bay’s skirt was not too short. Stop policing the bodies of young women.

29. Pia says:

26. I didn’t watch the Creative Arts Emmys or follow coverage of the event so it wasn’t spoiled for me.

30. Gus T.T. Showbiz says:

#17. McQuaid’s assistant.

31. Kristin Cook says:

#14: No different than the 2013 Hyundai being driven for the last 3 seasons on TWD. Product placement.

32. kat says:

Nothing about Falling Skies this season is cool

33. Babybop says:

The Perception ending this week shocked me. That was a great episode.

34. Ashley says:

1) 1st season Cory was twice as looney.

35. DramaMomma says:

#18- Agreed Donnie would have been good, but it was never going to happen given how Kate felt about things. Didn’t see murder being the end of things. All the interviews have been about Daniel coming in the middle of things, so great fake out at the end. Damn!
    #22- Katrina’s loyalty to Louis made her grow on me. Too bad she has a new series because Louis certainly has the juice to keep her. Man, Louis was mad!

36. GiZi says:

#1. I don’t recall Cory being quite that wacky. However, I can easily imagine him doing every wacky thing that Riley does.
    #17 I’m not convinced that Caitlin isn’t the bad guy – or McQuaid for that matter.

37. Penn says:

First, about “The Last Ship.” The women in my family would watch Eric Dane read a phone book for two years so we’ll be watching, machetes or not, and we can’t help but think that Michael Bay won’t let the show turn into Revolution II – for one thing, the ship looks like the only safe place to be. As to “Perception” we are so sick of Donnie! The show is supposed to be about Daniel! And yes, we like Kate with Daniel. She understands him and sees who he really is. Yes, we are shippers! This is entertainment! And finally, “Covert Affairs.” Annie is turning into a brat. Auggie is a good guy and she needs to treat him better. And as to the shoes, I totally agree, she should take them off! It would be funny to see her sneak back because the Louboutins had cost her a month’s salary!

38. #26 – I thought that might have been the reason for the double elimination. Tim Gunn was on twitter last Thursday urging people to watch to see who lost.

39. Guest says:

11. I still think Parrish being a phioniex is a bit too obvious! All signs point to it which makes me question haha I think dragon or jinn is still more likely!
    16. Ugh use to like this show now all I yell at my tv screen the entire hour is how stupid these girls have gotten

40. caro_brasil says:

25, I love Chris Diaz, no rookie blue without him!!

• Nancy says:

I agree, they need to just come up with a good story line for him. He can only work with the material he’s gven and they haven’t given him anything good.

41. GTS says:

19. Teenagers tell their parents that they hate them all the time. The first time you hear it isn’t great, but you get used to it.

• Kvivik says:

She did not have a strong reaction because she has never seemed to treat him as some on special in her life. Like he said in the pilot, I am the replacement.

42. 14. Just ANOTHER example proving what and absolute crap-fest UTD is.