Major Crimes Scoop: Meet Raydor's Son! (But What's His Take on Rusty?)

Major Crimes Cast Raydor SonMajor Crimes fans will at long last meet one of Captain Sharon Raydor’s children — and suffice to say, he’s got something to say about her inkling to expand their family tree!

RELATED The Walking Dead’s Laurie Holden Joins Major Crimes‘ Potential Spin-Off

TVLine has learned that Ryan Kennedy (Hellcats, currently on Defiance) will guest-star on the TNT drama in Season 3′s ninth episode, titled “Sweet Revenge,” as Ricky Raydor, a Stanford grad and software engineer who is on the verge of his first buyout (for a company he started with his friends). Described as “smarter than he is wise,” Ricky has come home to weigh in on some of his mother’s recent personal decisions — namely, the possible legal adoption of her ward Rusty.

“Ricky is maybe not as thrilled about the potential little brother as Sharon is about the addition of a son,” series creator James Duff previously told TVLine. “I think we could fairly say that Rusty is the little brother Ricky never wanted.”

In fact, as scooped by my Inside Line column, Ricky is rubbed so much the wrong way by his prospective new sibling that his psychoanalysis of his mother’s motives will subject him to quite the verbal beat-down.

RELATED Closure for The Closer? Major Crimes Boss Wants Kyra Sedgwick Back If Phillip Stroh Goes to Trial

Kennedy’s TV credits also include roles on Longmire, Caprica, Fairly Legal and Smallville.

TNT’s Major Crimes airs Mondays at 9/8c.

1. ilona says:

Sooo excited! and Thank you Matt for giving us more info about Ricky! That is good to know he is an engineer! Can’t wait for epi, but first we need to deal with Jack and his upcoming appearance! Major Crimes love!

2. Danielle says:

This is amazing. I’m so glad to finally see a face to Ricky Raydor. Cannot wait to see this episode. Although we have to deal with Jack with the upcoming episode, but good to see this news and learn more about Sharon’s son. So much love for this show. Thank you.

3. DL says:

Love it. Slowly but surely, Sharon Raydor is becoming a presence to rival Brenda Leigh Johnson. I still miss Kyra Sedgwick, to be sure, but I adore Mary McDonnell and I really love how they’re fleshing out her home life more and more. I think it’s what we need, since we had so much of Brenda and Fritz. The more Sharon and her family, the better, I say!

• LADY_in_MD says:

Couldn’t agree with you more!
      Also love that Sykes is dating Theo Malcolm Jamal Warner will always be Theo Huxtable to me :-)

4. Pat says:

This will be a very interesting episode to watch. Meeting one of Sharon’s children will be nice to see but it sounds like Ricky is going to rip into his Mother because of her decision to give Rusty a loving and warm home. I just hope that Rusty will not be in earshot of his rant but something tells me that he will be and I can already figure this one out. Rusty packs up and leaves without telling Sharon. No one can find him and Ricky feels guilt over this. Eventually, Rusty is found by Ricky and the two form a bond. Major Crimes is one of my favorite cable shows, so I look forward to all of the episodes.

5. ljd213 says:

How many degrees of separation—he was on Caprica and of course, Mary McDonnell ruled Battlestar Galactica. Interesting juxtaposition.

6. dee123 says:

Well considering he’s in just one episode i doubt he’s going to get his way. Welcome to Raydor the family Rusty!

7. I don’t like the idea of her son being negative about Rusty. I like Rusty and think he needs someone like Sharon in his life, she truly loves and cares for him and he definitely deserves that love from a parent.

8. colig says:

they should have killed off rusty back on the Closer.He’s nothing more than a distraction from the basis of the show and he’s incredibly annoying.I liked him better on 2 and a half men as the dumb stoner.i usually fast forward thru his scenes now so I don’t have to hear whine and complain and pout.

9. Shirley says:

Love Major Crimes! It’s like visiting once a week with family. We have gotten a chance to learn more about ALL the characters….. and I enjoy it so much. Keep on the same track.

10. Joan says:

Major crimes is an excellent show, keep up the good work, great writers know how to keep a show going like this one. I look forward to every Monday night when it comes on.