Ratings: Dome Drops to Low, 24 Ticks Up, Beast Flat, MasterChef Tops Night

24LAD_EP10-SC1036_CR-302

CBS’ Under the Dome this Monday drew 7.7 million total viewers — the night’s largest audience– and a 1.7 rating, down 18 and 19 percent from its season opener and hitting an all-time demo low.

RELATED Under the Dome Recap: Murder, He Wrote

Elsewhere….

FOX | MasterChef (5.7 mil/1.9) added a few eyeballs while steady in the demo, where it scored the nightly win. The penultimate 24: LAD (6 mil/1.5) ticked up 5 percent and a tenth.

RELATED 24: Live Another Day Recap: The More Things Cheng….

ABC | Bachelorette (6.8 mil/1.8) rose 5 percent two tenths (to best-since-premiere numbers), but Mistresses (3.7 mil/0.9) dropped 10 percent and two tenths (tying a series low).

RELATED Mistresses Recap: It’s All the Same, Only Her Name Has Changed

THE CW | Beauty and the Beast‘s season ender (880K/0.3) — which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “B-“ — was flat, on par with its sophomore opener but falling way shy of its freshman finale (1.2 mil/0.5).

RELATED Beauty and the Beast Finale Recap: Past, Present… and Future?

NBC | American Ninja Warrior (5.4 mil/1.8) ticked up 4 percent and a tenth from its last original, besting Dome in the demo.

1. Ugh says:

Under the Dome hit an all time low, because that show has gone down the crapper. I really wanted to like it and stuck with it into the 2nd season thinking they had almost a whole year to get it together and come up with a plot. I was wrong. They would have been better off sticking to a limited series last summer. I’ll bet it would have been really good.

• JLK says:

Agreed. I watched it last summer precisely because they had been touting it in the early press as a mini series event. Apparently, later on, they acknowledged that they could continue. Quite a few people like myself missed that though, so when the news of renewal came, there were a lot of angry comments. Many said they wouldn’t be back for season 2. My husband mocked me for recording the premiere. I told him I wanted to see if Stephen King writing the episode made a difference. I only made it until the first commercial break. They were clearly going for an old school horror movie vibe, but it was just so cheesy and the special effects were so godawful that I couldn’t bring myself to keep watching. I won’t be back again.

2. sarah says:

Mistresses is so good! I fear that with these numbers they will not get a season 3.

• Leo says:

Their numbers are around that last season and it got picked up. need confirmation on this, pretty sure because it’s hitting the right demo group. so crossing my fingers for season 3.

3. wjm980 says:

Every week we hear about a new low for Under The Dome, while it’s the highest rated show ever time it’s on.

4. Moment says:

It should get renewed if it doesn’t drop any further. I say that but I have absolutely no confidence in this shows ability to hold its viewers now. A lot of people are calling this show the next Following, as that show lost a huge amount of its audience during its second season too lol

5. Ray says:

Good, I hope Dome falls further next week.

6. P Diddily says:

Someone remind me again why BATB was renewed? If less than 1 million people watch a SEASON finale, the show should not still be on the air!