Was Defiance Quite 'Hand'-y? Who Wants to Comfort Blue Nick? The Perfect SYTYCD Judge? And More Qs

Game of Thrones

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Game of Thrones, Beauty and the Beast, So You Think You Can Dance and Rookie Blue!

1 | Should Orphan Black‘s Mrs. S and Felix have suspected that Sarah was really Rachel? The voice and hair were off….

RELATED Eye on Emmy: Orphan Black Star Tatiana Maslany Gender Bends, Gets Kinky and Improvises Rage in Season 2

2 | Was anyone else thinking of this while watching Gwendoline Christie’s impressive swordplay in the Game of Thrones finale? Is there any way we can get a Brienne-Podrick sitcom spin-off where they just wander the countryside? (They could call it The Pod Couple.) And for viewers who don’t read the books, was the finale really any less satisfying?

3 | Considering Devious Maids‘ Ethan once threatened to tell the police that Ty was responsible for killing Alejandro, was he really surprised when Ty decided to blackmail him back? (Side note: Do Opal and Ty get their hair cut at the same place?)

4 | Do The Fosters‘ Callie and Brandon seem too OK with living under the same roof again following their brief relationship? Heck, doesn’t everybody seem too chill about it? Could Wyatt just casually mention the name of the hair products he uses in a future episode? And was it a little too soon to see Bailee Madison with a new father already? (R.I.P., Trophy Wife)

20Qs-BATB-Heather5 | Do you have to remind yourself — nearly very week — that Toronto-shot Beauty and the Beast is set in New York City? Also, why do we not remember Heather looking like she had stepped out of a Dick Tracy comic strip? And was anyone else literally counting the seconds until she got kidnapped?

6 | Did you feel any sympathy for Mistresses‘ Savi during her bruising fight with Harry — or did her argument that he took too long to forgive her indiscretion ring hollow? And while we’re on the subject of Savi’s behavior, ladies and gentlemen: Is there any way in the world you’d have let that shifty Zach character breeze through your front door while you were home alone?

RELATED Beauty and the Beast Sneak Peek: ‘Married’ Vincent & Cat Play House

7 | Did 24: Live Another Day’s Navarro actually ring his hit man’s phone knowing that the guy very possibly was in the process of stealthily sneaking up on Jordan?

8 | Could Fargo feds Budge and Pepper live on in a Key & Peele sketch? And how exactly did Gus come away from that non-self defense shooting with not a legal quagmire but a commendation?

9 | Wait, people actually like the Greek chorus that is Awkward‘s Theo and Cole? And even after all the evidence Sadie and Jenna presented against Eva, how is it possible that Matty still trusts her?

10 | How awesome would it be if Chasing Life cast Tim Daly as April’s father in flashbacks? Bonus Wings if Steven Weber and Rebecca Schull are in one with him!

so-you-think-you-can-dance11 | Can Jenna Dewan-Tatum be a permanent member of the So You Think You Can Dance judges’ panel? And is there any way Ricky Ubeda isn’t going all the way to the Season 11 finale? (Watch his audition here.)

12 | How perfect was it that Playing House‘s Mark got drunk off Zimas? And did that revelation cause you to wonder, however briefly, “Do they still make Zima? And do they sell it at a grocery store near me?”

13 | Though you knew it was coming, did Rizzoli & Isles still pretty much insta-wreck you with the two brief scenes writing in Lee Thompson Young’s passing?

14 | Is there a single remotely famous Paris landmark that Perception did not shoehorn into the premiere? Also, the show overdid it with the street mimes juuuust a bit, oui?

RELATED Spoilers on Reign, CSI, Good Wife, Revenge, PLL, True Blood, Teen Wolf and More

15 | As telegraphed as it was, did Graceland‘s jilted wannabe-dad Jakes still punch you in the gut?

16 | After a three-episode build-up to Melissa & Joey‘s wedding, wasn’t it a bit disappointing to see them get hitched in a hospital while Mel was high on morphine? (Side note: When will the cast’s rendition of “I Will Survive” be available on iTunes?)

17 | Considering we’ve waited three seasons for Baby Daddy to finally have Ben find out and Riley acknowledge Danny’s feelings for her, wasn’t it frustrating that she and Danny didn’t actually kiss? And given how considerate Danny’s always been of Ben’s feelings, would it have hurt Ben to privately pull his brother aside and ask him if he still loves Riley?

Rookie Blue Season 5 SpoilersRELATED Rookie Blue Post Mortem: Andy/Sam’s Future, Nick’s Next Step and More

18 | Who wants to comfort Rookie Blue‘s Nick? (Get in line!) And even the “Swarek” ‘shippers have to agree Nick’s a stand-up guy (he went to find Sam’s sister!), right?

19 | Has there thus far been a more unexpectedly funny summer TV moment than Defiance‘s disgusted Doc Yewll deflecting Datak’s clumsy bid for some “hand action”? Or was the more awkward scene Stahma taking a “special” bath in front of her son?

20 | If you watched the Critics Choice Television Awards, do you prefer that sort of streamlined ceremony over the overproduced spectacle the Emmys tends to churn out? And now that Orphan Black‘s Tatiana Maslany has been recognized twice by the CCTA, are her chances of an Emmy nod even a tiny bit greater?

1. Nairdan says:

8) That really bugged me about the finale also. Did Gus lie? Did Molly know what really happened? I understand what he did and why, but I wanted to know how he explained it

2. torimelching says:

8. I wondered the same about Gus how did he walk away scott free and why did he pick up Malvo’s knife?

12. Never had a Zima and I really thought they stopped making them.

13. I watched the premiere of Rizzoli & Isles and it just felt completely off. Between the pregnancy and no Frost. It really isn’t as good as before. I will give it one more episode though.

• mommaknowsbest77 says:

13. The whole show is going to feel off for awhile – it’s going to take time to find its new balance without a major character. Don’t give up on it yet!

3. Kelly says:

Totally agree with 16. I kept thinking why didn’t they wait till date wedding to give Mel the shot.

4. Bruce_F says:

12. Perfect? No. I spent almost the entire bar scene wondering how hell he was able to repeatedly order a drink that was discontinued six years ago.

5. sarah says:

6)I did feel a bit for Savi. I still am holding out hope that she and Harry will get back together.
    15) I felt bad for Jakes
    18)I am in the front of that line! I was when I watch the episode here in Canada weeks ago and tweeted to Peter Mooney that he needs a love interest!

• Dane says:

I didn’t feel even A LITTLE for Savi. She DEEPLY wounded Harry – and those wounds don’t heal easily or quickly. A couple of months is NOTHING. And yeah.. her near death made him see things a little more clearly.. catastrophe will do that. I did hope for her and Harry to reunite.. but tbh he deserves better.

6. 13 – Next week’s R&I will be rough to watch. But, I’m very proud that they didn’t just take the easy way out and write him off to live in another country with his new girlfriend, or some other pat ending. What happened was a tragedy, and they’ve given it tragedy status on the show. I found the last episodes of last season hard to watch because I knew he was gone. I was dreading the first episode of this season knowing they’d have to deal with it, and I almost forgot about it until the very end of the episode. When it dawned on me in the closing minutes that we were about to deal with it, I had an urge to turn it off and pretend it never happened. I’m not sure of another time that the death of an actor has been so hard to come to terms with.

7. Aimee says:

#1 – Felix should have know something was up. He knows Sarah better than anybody (well…except Kira)

#2 – Pod Couple. Ha! I would totally watch that show.

#20 – God I certainly hope so.

• LK says:

They had felix groggily waking up from a nap so i dont think he was focused on her. He did realize something was off and she zapped him.

8. leahbh says:

4) I hope the whole Brandon & Callie thing is over, they’re going to be brother and sister! & even IF she doesn’t get adopted, Jude did, he IS Brandon’s brother.

13) Rizzoli and Isles – I hate the baby storyline. As for lee Thompson young, I think next week’s episode will be the saddest episode of tv I’ve ever watched. But it looks like they’re going to do it right. They’re going to give the fans a real chance to grieve his death. :(

9. April says:

4. Yes I think everyone is acting a little too “OK” about it but if that means Brandon and Callie are just going to forget it happened and move on I’m fine with that. Good riddance to that storyline. Also, Wyatt’s hair is amazing. It is a character all it’s own and should be listed in the cast credits. :-)

• Bwhit says:

I may be wrong but I thought Callie said to Brandon that is she doesn’t get adopted they can try or something after she is 18. I may have misheard it, but if that is what she said all I have to say is ugh! I

10. bj says:

13. Definitely insta-wrecked. I was so into the show I forgot it was coming till I was belly punched with those scenes. It was so well done.

18. Waits patiently in line.

19. Yep. No lumps. Still LMAO

11. Sandra Pigott says:

Maybe my DVR taping ended too soon, but did Rizzoli and Isles add an in memoriam at the end of the episode for Lee Thompson?

12. 4theloveoffilm says:

Jenna was a good guest judge. I love Christina Applegate best, I think.

Regarding Melissa & Joey: Completely agree.

Regarding Baby Daddy: Agree except that I think Danny wouldn’t kiss his brother’s girlfriend, no matter how tempting. I am ridiculously strongly in support of Danny & Riley and am bummed they’re going to drag out the triangle next season. I just hope Riley doesn’t end up sleeping with Ben, because that would make a mess of things. However, I have the sinking feeling tha Ben is the endgame. I love Ben. And Jean-Luc is hilarious. But I like to see Ben date other women, and believe Danny, who loved Riley first, when she was still big, and knows her best, should end up with Riley. I honestly think they have better chemistry, too.

• Kira says:

Completely agree about Baby Daddy. Except I have a feeling Danny and Riley are end game. Danny knows her better than anyone and always puts her first. And her reaction to him leaving was not the reaction of a best friend. Oh and for the record she moved in for the kiss first :) I think Riley is afraid of what could happen with Danny because she knows he’s a forever kind of guy. She’s wanted Ben for so long it’s almost like a habit and in an odd way much safer. With Ben she knows exactly what she’s going to get. With Danny anything is possible. I will admit I was kind of bummed Danny and Riley didn’t just go for it but IMO that shows just how much Danny loves Riley and Ben. He would never do anything to get in the way of what he thinks will make them happy. Danny can kind of be an airhead but his heart more than makes up for it.

13. Alyssa says:

18- Did you mean the “McSwarek” shippers?

But yes, Nick is such a great character, and a great guy. Hopefully they give him the right girl one day.

14. Bwhit says:

15- Yes the Jakes arc was sad but I have my own question about Graceland, was the killing of the adorable baby goat really necessary? Couldn’t they have used the same goat in the warehouse that Mike and Briggs went in to send the message? That scene made me cringe.

15. Scott Johnston says:

1) There wasn’t really time..she (Rachel as Sarah) was there for like 15 seconds. I didn’t pick up on it until I looked at the scene again. It was obvious if you already knew it was Rachel.

16. Regina says:

Re: Melissa and Joey I found myself wondering if a wedding ceremony is even legally binding if one party is high on morphine. Definitely a disappointing wedding though. They went from dating to engaged so quickly and then dragged the actual wedding over three episodes filled with stupid twists.

17. HAP says:

Of course Key & Peele could run with that in a skit. However, as much as I love their show, I think they are both very gifted and versatile actors who ought to be headlining a scripted network show.

18. bobbi6484 says:

I’m just curious. Noticed that a lot of people said they hated the Rizzoli & Isles pregnancy storyline. Why exactly do you dislike it? At least in the first episode, I thought it added some levity to the show.

• leahbh says:

I don’t know. I guess it just doesn’t interest me. I don’t want to watch Rizzoli & Isles and baby.

• Whatevah says:

Are they trying to convince us that Jane wouldn’t use birth control? It seems forced. I’m going to be a wreck during this weeks episode.

19. Aaron says:

#20 I, once an avid awards show viewer, stopped watching the Emmys and Academy Awards a few years ago, mainly because in recent years, with so much coverage, by the time the actual show comes around, I’m pretty done with the whole thing. When I stumbled on the beginning of the show last night, I didn’t expect to stick around, but yes, it was very streamlined (though I’d only give Cedric the Entertainer a solid B- on hosting, and there was a sound problem with the presenter mics that was very distracting) but it had two other things going for it. 1) I hadn’t really seen a lot of coverage for the awards, and that really enhanced the experience. I found myself pleasantly surprised at some of the nominees, (which never happens during the big awards shows now because every nominee in every category is parsed apart before hand) and 2) It felt much more timely as it was awarding the season that just ended, rather than had ended months beforehand, as is the case with the Emmys. Even McConaughey’s rambling speech was endearing! Keep it up, but if it does get popular, let’s not talk this one to death until after, k?

20. Rich Abey says:

#20. So happy that Tatiana Maslany won yet another CCTA. Emmy time?

21. cjinsd says:

11. Why? I don’t know who she is, but it seemed to me she just basically repeated what Nigel and Mary had already said.

22. kirads09 says:

#8 Re Fargo. Thank you! That was my one question too about what happened. How is Gus not in any kind of legal trouble over shooting Malvo in cold blood. And what of the Stavros storyline? He put the money back, and I know about his son but…did he just disappear?

23. JVee says:

Sorry, best guest judge on SYTYCD = Christina Applegate. Hands down. No contest.

24. Mark says:

I was happy with Rookie Blue with the whole Nick / Andy storyline and how it developed from their time undercover to go and do a complete 180 and throw her back to Swarek just seems forced. And done for the ratings, will carry on as I enjoy the show but not happy. I was hoping that story had run its course and the show had moved on. With regards to Rizzoli the whole pregnancy storyline isn’t going to turn out well just look at other shows — Without a Trace, In Plain Sight to name some examples great shows killed by pregnancy story lines. And with Abortion so unpopular in America at the moment that option is off the table as a story line and the whole miscarriage story line done to death and never very well. So a hole well and truly dug in that regard. Second thing I didn’t get Rizzoli at the end they are rushing to the car crash and crime scene — as police officers why did the mother go along from the police station ???? Otherwise two solid starts to two of my favourite shows just with a few things that I personally wasn’t impressed about but that’s my opinion and not that of everyone else. Hoping next week’s Rizzoli honours Lee with dignity and respect ,RIP…..

25. Bri says:

16. SOOOO disappointed in the wedding. The nurse not waiting 5 minutes to give her morphine was absurd.

26. ANNA says:

18. Me,me,me! But seriously, Nick needs a new girl and a legit storyline, maybe a new hobby or puppy. Give the guy something!

27. PPPG says:

#19, what I found awkward was he seemed to start undressing to join his mother in the water. EW!

28. codepink1908 says:

I don’t get the pregnancy at all and to go from “the love of my life kc” to “no baby daddy needed” MAKES NO SENSE! Rizzoli & Isles are not gay and yet the writers insist on scenes with lesbian undertones. Either bring em out the closet and move the show to the LOGO Channel or LET IT GO! Don’t even get me started on Maura and Frankie. The pregnancy doesn’t fit right now; at all making everything feel off!