Ratings: Community Matches Low, Parenthood Ticks Down, Special Shark Tank Shows Bite

Community Ratings LowNBC bubble-straddler Community this Thursday drew 2.6 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating (per finals), matching last week’s series low.

Leading out of that, Parks and Recreation (2.6 mil/1.0) ticked down a tenth to match its own series low. Bubble drama Parenthood capped the Peacock’s night with 3.7 mil and a 1.1, down a tenth to tie its series low.

RELATED | Keep or Cut? Vote on the Fate of Community, Crazy Ones and 26 Other ‘Bubble’ Shows

Elsewhere…

CBS | The Big Bang Theory (16 mil/4.7) was down 10 percent and two tenths, hitting a season low; The Millers (10.2 mil/2.5) fell three tenths. Two and a Half Men (9.6 mil/2.4) added eyeballs while ticking down a tenth, and bubble comedy The Crazy Ones (7 mil/1.7) was up in audience while steady in the demo. Closing the Eye’s night, Elementary (7.9 mil/1.6) rose a tenth.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Recap: Green-Eyed Monsters

ABC | A special Shark Tank drew 6.6 mil and a 1.7, delivering season and 6-month highs for ABC’s lead-off Thursday spot. Grey’s Anatomy (8.1 mil/2.6) was down a tenth, while the penultimate Scandal (9.1 mil/3.0) inched up a tenth.

RELATED | Scandal Recap: Tick… Tick… Tick… Tick…

FOX | Hell’s Kitchen (4.1 mil/1.4) dropped 18 and 22 percent. American Idol (7.5 mil/1.8) upped a tenth and Surviving Jack (4.3 mil/1.2) was steady.

RELATED | American Idol Top 8 (Redux) Results Recap: Freeeeeeeeee! Free Fallin’!

THE CW | Leading out of a Vampire rerun, Reign (1.23 mil/0.4) was down 16 and 33 percent.

1. Eric7740 says:

SCANDAL, SCANDAL, SCANDAL!!! I’m not ready for you to be over yet!!! It’s going to be a LONG 6 month break!!!

2. Lauren says:

YAY Scandal well deserved

3. Anna says:

As always, I’m worried about Community. Last night’s episode felt kinda off, didn’t it? Did Jeff seriously propose to Britta? What even?! I just hope that the finale will be better and we will get our #sixseasonsandamovie.

• Tenney says:

Ever since Troy and Pierce left, the group dynamic is completely off. I still love the show and will watch until they cancel it, but you can tell something is missing. When Jeff proposed to Britta, I was like, “Where did that come from??”, and I was even more thrown off when Britta said Yes.

4. Babybop says:

Why were the ratings so low for everything yesterday?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

“Conventional wisdom” tells us that with Daylight Savings Time and warmer temps, more families are, like, outdoors playing Frisbee and Jarts, instead of huddled around the telly.

• CountryQueen says:

That’s exactly it Matt! We had such an obnoxiously cold winter, and yesterday was gorgeous in my neck of the woods (WI), so there was no TV watching in my house – though the DVR is stacked :)

• Babybop says:

Funny- I didn’t even think of that. It’s almost always warm where I live. I forget that other places have seasons and not just winter and blazing heat.

• Coal says:

Or our attention span is good for 13 episodes, shows that have more than that really ask a lot from us.

• It was a lovely day. Some of us went outside.

• GuessWhat says:

well, baseball season is underway. the time of year when I watch games at night and fire up the DVR for everything else! yes, I realize I only represent a portion of the viewing audience — but it’s a factor. GO METS!

5. Aimee says:

Everything on CBS down except Elementary. That’s weird. I’m glad that Elementary went up but….weird.

6. JJ says:

Parenthood still was the highest rated show on NBC. That must matter, doesn’t it? That timeslot hasn’t been good for NBC and I highly think that if Revolution for example would be there, it would be below 1.0 all the time…

7. Jax says:

So Surviving Jack didn’t drop…and it’s the highest rated comedy on Fox this week. Interesting.

8. Name This Tune says:

Idol at 7.5 million. We’re tied for July 3rd, 2002.

9. Fernando says:

No Reign :(

10. Britt says:

So what is going on with the King on Reign? Has he completely lost it?

11. Last night’s Parenthood was exceptional. I think the TPTB are setting things up nicely just in case it doesn’t get picked up for another session. Which would be a shame. It’s one of the most solidly written & acted shows on network TV right now. By far the best scripted family drama any network currently has going on.

• herman1959 says:

That’s the problem – “TPTB” have spent so much of the season setting up in case of cancellation that they couldn’t seem to write much in the way of original story lines. Therefore, cancellation is very likely the result of a self-fulfilling prophesy. As you said, a shame.

12. Walter says:

Community and P&R play limbo every week – “How low can you go.” They both need to be grateful they’re on ratings challenged NBC, otherwise they’d have been gone years ago.

13. CountryQueen says:

Parenthood was great (I watched it this morning – as I always do – I can never watch it live, but it’s the first thing I turn on in the morning). Please keep it NBC. I love the Braverman clan!! I also like Surviving Jack. Chris Meloni must be having fun playing the snarky dad after all the sad depressing stuff on SVU (which I stopped watching a few years before he left).

• wenraz says:

Surviving Jack is great. I am surprised at how much I enjoy that show. This is a much better character for him than the one he played on True Blood. I hope the show continues.

14. abz says:

That was of the most hilarious episodes of The Big Bang Theory I’ve seen in a while. I couldn’t stop laughing.

15. sarah says:

Holy crap! That is not good about Parenthood it is such a great show! I hope it gets renewed.
    Community was down and so was Grey’s Anatomy so I guess it was a slow night for TV?!?!
    At least Crazy Ones was up!

16. M3rc Nate says:

Community was fantastic, and ummm why hasnt there been a TV-Line article about it and how Jeff proposed to Britta then going to have sex?….is that going to carry over into the next episode? Any bringing that back up and if that was a mistake or they want to be together or SOMETHING?
    Besides being insanely funny, last nights episode of Community showed me without Troy….Abed is pretty annoying. I think Troy with his adorableness balanced Abed on screen…but Abed now running around on his own complaining about “a story” was boring at BEST…at worst, annoying and totally useless. He could have been cut out of the episode entirely and this episode wouldnt have been any different.

17. Boiler says:

Can someone explain the allure of Shark Tank?? I suppose it is better than some of the other stuff ABC has like Wife Swap/Bachelor/Bachelorette. This isn’t what network TV should be

• George says:

Shark Tank is actually very very good. It should not be compared to those other reality shows listed there

• Britt says:

It gives people the opportunity to grow their businesses. It really is a good show. You can’t judge it if you haven’t watched it.

• Boiler says:

Appreciate the feedback. I’m not really judging it except for the general reality genre and I don’t like Mark Cuban. Obviously 7 million say I am wrong so…

18. Britta Unfiltered says:

It was just too nice a day across most of the country last night for people to be inside. Especially where I live, when Community and Big Bang comes on at 7, waaaaay long before it gets dark. I didn’t watch anything live last night, I was out birding the canyon, because I am a huge nerd.

19. Jenny says: