Ratings: Mindy Returns Down, S.H.I.E.L.D., NCIS, Voice and Glee Dip

Ratings Agents of SHIELDABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this Tuesday drew 5.7 million total viewers and a 2.o demo rating (per finals), dipping a tenth.

Leading out of that, bubble comedies The Goldbergs (4.5 mil/1.5) and Trophy Wife (2.9 mil/1.0) were flat. Capping ABC’s night, a Resurrection rerun (2.5 mil/0.7) drew more viewers than the most recent Mind Games.

RELATED | Keep or Cut? Vote on the Fate of S.H.I.E.L.D., Trophy Wife, Goldbergs, Other ‘Bubble’ Shows

Over on Fox, Glee (2.6 mil/0.9) slipped two tenths to match its series low demo rating. The returning Mindy Project‘s double-pump averaged 1.9 mil and a 1.0, down from both its most recent airing (2.5 mil/1.1) and last week’s New Girl/Brooklyn Nine-Nine average (2.5 mil/1.2).

RELATED | Glee Recap: Dare You To Move
RELATED | Mindy Project Recap: Is the Mindy-Danny Romance Marvelous or a Mistake? Weigh in!

Elsewhere….

CBS | Part 2 of NCIS‘ New Orleans-based spin-off pilot (17.2 mil/2.4 per finals) dipped a tenth to match its season low, NCIS: LA (15.2 mil/2.4) was steady and Person of Interest (11.5 mil/1.9) ticked down a tenth.

RELATED | The Voice Recap: It Wouldn’t Be Nothin’, Nothin’ Without This Particular Woman (She’s No Girl)

NBC | The Voice (11.9 mil/3.1) fell three tenths, About a Boy (7.5 mil/2.0) was flat and Growing Up Fisher (6.1 mil/1.6) slipped a tenth.

1. Dave says:

Really, Agents of SHIELD is getting soooooo gooo! PEOPLE START WATCHING IT! IT’S AN AWESOME SHOW!!!

• Claire says:

I agree! I think it is finally hitting its stride. Last nights episode was fantastic!

• Joanne says:

Totally agree! Last night was EXACTLY what I was looking for in this series! People need to start watching and ABC needs to up the ante in terms of marketing. If this show gets cancelled, it will be a crime!

• Bobby says:

Is Skye gone? No…..sorry, not watching it.

• Leo says:

The most annoying thing is how they expect more viewers when they air new episodes once every full moon. What kind of marketing strategy is THAT?

• Dave says:

7 uninterrupted episodes from last night ’til the season finale.

• Gaara says:

I agree on the annoying part, but it was all part of the plan to air this episode before Captain America 2 and the next ones right after. I watched the movie’s european release last week and I can say that it will be worth it :) … At least storywise lol, let’s hope the ratings damage was irreparable.

• Katie says:

Not just her but everyone but Coulson? This crop of characters are an embarrassment to the Whedon name.

• Patrick Maloney says:

What are you talking about? These characters actually make me want them to succeed and there is a reason for me to care about them unlike Buffy’s mom…

• Unless you’ve actually watched this show since the first half of the season, which I’m guessing you haven’t by this comment, this statement is outdated. Sky’s character is a million times less annoying and has actually started doing stuff to earn her place on the show. She’s no longer a whiny brat and the annoying character flaws she had have largely been fixed.

• Katie says:

Yeah, too little too late. I gave it until the midseason finale and I was done.

• Yep, best episode yet, all cylinders firing and lowest ratings. Shame.

• wingsstef says:

Last night’s episode was really good too. A shame. Hopefully people decide to give the show another chance and come back strong next week. Really good episode, even though I have been enjoying the show all season, last night was really good.

2. Erin says:

Why is nobody watching Mindy??? :( It’s the funniest show on TV right now

• JR says:

The Mindy Project and Trophy Wife were both excellent. Great characters and writing! Disappointing that the ratings are so low. Wonder what Fox will do with Glee? Almost have to move it so doesn’t continue to negatively impact Tuesday comedy line up.

• Brian says:

I HATED the first few episodes. And I don’t watch it regularly. But the few I have caught from this season were much improved. If they didn’t take so long to hit their stride, the show would likely be more successful. I’m willing to bet next season will most definitely be its last.

• Katie says:

I agree, wholeheartedly. I think the first part of the first season was mediocre enough to turn some people off. Fox has some work to do to get the word out on how awesome it’s become. I’m doing my best to spread the word myself!

• Patrick says:

This won’t happen. Once people decide a show is bad, and make no mistake, the first few eps of Mindy were horrible with it later improving to mediocre, it is hard to get them back.

People always point to how Cheers was low rated in its first year and then caught on later to become a hit. Well, it was a fantastic show from episode 1. It was on against a huge show on a another network, and people didn’t have the viewing options they have now. So, they caught up over the summer in reruns.

Today, if no one watches your show when it starts, they won’t tune in later. Mindy fans, I always feel bad for any fan base that loses its show. I’ve been there. We all have. But that show wasn’t good initially. It was really, really bad. It is now above average. But not by much. It sure isn’t good enough to attract people who weren’t invested from day 1.

It should not have been renewed. It will get 13ish eps next year, then its gone. Probably with a lot of Friday night double episode airings in a burn off. I highly suspect fox renewed the show to keep key actors on the show from joining other shows on competing networks.

• S. says:

The Mindy Project has never been terrible. This is just a taste issue on your part. Bad taste frankly (not to mention bad judgment of why networks renew shows. You suspect? If you knew anything about the show and why it might’ve been renewed, you’d know they don’t operate that way. Leave ratings analyzing and hypothesizing to the pros. TVLine had Mindy a safe bet for a renewal a long time ago, Matt and Ausiello love the show). I can tell you’ve not watched the show for some time. People that actually bother to watch it like it, and the idea that it shouldn’t have been renewed comes out of you not liking it? If you don’t like it well surely that indicates its quality? 30 Rock was low rated and established as brilliant. Fox and NBC don’t run a charity. They renew what will help them financially in some way. Sometimes shows are loss leaders that pull in the kind of viewers they want so they can show advertisers that they can bring in the households that are notoriously hard to get. Realize that the viewers it gets are high end viewers, aka “alpha viewers,” the most coveted by a network. The early adopter, buy expensive stuff because they’re a wealthier household viewer. It’s worth it to Fox to have Mindy on the roster plus it’s a companion with New Girl (which has largely been in the crapper this season and isn’t much higher rated than TMP this year), and when they renewed TMP for a series 3, that makes it almost certain they’ll go to a series 4 for syndication reasons. It’s financially sensible to crank out another year for that once you do 3 years. Comedy writers are speaking well of it. I heard Phil Rosenthal say it with his own mouth when being interviewed by a Daily Show writer who agreed with him. Several others too. People at home aren’t bothering to try it for some reason and/or think it’s something it isn’t. That’s for marketing to fix. Mindy Kaling shouldn’t have to change her excellent writing (lot of 30 Rock writers on staff now, incidentally). I also think, and I’m sure people will roll their eyes, that Mindy Kaling is not your typical lead actress and some of the audience hold it against her. If she were petite and adorkable (and yes I’ll say it, a perky blonde actress) more would give her a shot. I’ve absolutely heard racist digs or people upset about her weight. People tear Lena Dunham apart specifically because of her weight too. If she were a size 2/4 I suspect they wouldn’t mind seeing her naked so much. Please. Let’s not act like criticism of Mindy is based on quality because it isn’t. The first season was inconsistent in part because Fox aired the episodes out of order. In one Anna Camp has a broken arm, then we find out why in a future ep and no it wasn’t some flashback. The show’s found itself and last night was an excellent episode of television. I’d love to see the DVR numbers. You really need to sit down and watch it.

• Mehvash says:

wow thanks for this. awesome response.

• Boiler says:

Great response!

• I.R.E. says:

Excellent response, S. But I think Danny needs to go deeper on analyzing more of Mindy’s situations and then try to be an overprotective boyfriend of Mindy in a correct way for the rest of their life. The supporting is not that important, but it cannot be completely wasted along the way. We still have to add the final two characters of this show in order to make it stronger. One of them is a erratic young woman nurse (ninth) to help gain a little bit interaction in the support cast and the other is a cranky old man doctor (tenth and final) to help gain more viewers and ratings containing all men and older people, IMO.

• Meg says:

LOVE your response!! I’ve been telling my friends to basically watch the last few of the first season and the second… since it was off(i still liked it) in the beginning. I love this show. it’s my favorite on TV and I make sure to watch it live.

• Elyse says:

I’m loving it! I understand it’s not for everyone though :(

3. Ana says:

AOS is probably getting cancelled next season. As for Mindy Project, on the positive it grew from it’s lead in.

4. Christina says:

REALLY hope the SHIELD ratings start to tick up. It’s so much better now!

5. JC says:

Huh. I think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen NCIS LA beat NCIS. I wonder if that’s ever happened before. Of course the ratings could still be adjusted in the finals, but still. I wonder what that means for the NO spinoff’s future, if anything.

• Bobby says:

LA was only ahead by .1. That’s not that big of a difference. Plus, last nights was a big event episode for LA and it was heavily advertised.

• JC says:

I would have thought the two-part New Orleans episodes would have been considered “event episodes” as well. And I realize it’s not a large difference and as I noted may disappear once the finals come out, but it still is something I don’t remember ever seeing before. Plus the fact that NCIS dropped week-to-week on the second half of a two-parter is interesting to me. Again, not a huge drop, but still a drop, and I’m wondering what that means as far as gauging public interest in a New Orleans spinoff.

• JC says:

Just out of curiosity I looked up the ratings for the other two back door NCIS pilots. Legend 1 & 2 (the NCIS LA intro) got a 3.5 and 3.4, so a drop of 0.1. Red 1 & 2 (the NCIS Red intro that didn’t get picked up) got a 2.9 and 2.6, so a drop of 0.3.

• JC says:

And it did adjust up in the finals to a 2.4, so only a 0.1 drop from last week, and even with NCIS LA.

• grys03 says:

Wife & I settled in to watch one of our favourite shows NCIS. Both of us dozed through part 2. Was that a co-incidence or was it really that boring? Didn’t mind the female Brodie character but poor old Scott Bakula character was very-forced & hard to take. Wish the show luck, but…

• Dav says:

I have to agree grys03. I never thought I’d say this but Bakula was the worst part of the show. Well, not him so much as his character. Horrible, horrible writing.

• jj says:

I turned in to part 1 just tp see the new team, I like them. So if it gets pick up I will watch it. NCIS LA was very good last night. NCIS is no longer watchable because of Bishop.

6. Jess says:

So much for the ratings ticking up when the show moved to NY. They actually went down after the 100th episodes. The CW averages better than Glee, how sad is that? I think they waited to long. I think if they moved the show to NY right after graduation full-time the ratings would be different right now. I also think it had to do lot with the writing.

• Elyse says:

I stopped watching at the beginning of the season :( I want to watch again now that they moved to NY permanently but I feel like I’ve missed too much!

• Slowride says:

You can go ahead, you won’t be lost. Rachel is on Broadway, Blaine and Kurt argue and make up, Sam is lost and Artie and Mercedes join them. There, you’re all caught up !

• Slowride says:

Oh yeah and Demi Lovato was on the show but don’t worry about it, her “storyline” vanished with no explanation, as if she’d never been there.

7. Kendall says:

Can’t believe NCIS LA beat NCIS. Is this the very first time?

• John NYC says:

NCIS:LA had been promo’d as having some pivotal moments for the people while NCIS was the back half of a nice enough inserted pilot….

• Blacklister No.134 says:

It does not speak well to the future prospects of the spinoff that the second part dropped and hit the season low.

• TV Gord says:

I think it will all depend on how happy CBS wants to keep Mark Harmon (who would be Executive Producer of the spinoff)…and I think they want to keep him pretty happy.

• Blacklister No.134 says:

I do not know how much leeway he wil have because a 2.3 is not particularly impressive for a show that was doing mid 3’s last season. It certainly does not seem warrant a salary of half a million dollars per episode and a spinoff to boot.

• Thomas says:

It’s all relative. The ratings may have dropped from last season but it is still the highest average rated drama on the network BY FAR. (second BTW is Criminal Minds. NCIS:LA is third.) Trust me, it still has a lot of pull.

• Jimpy says:

That spinoff pilot did exactly what the NCIS LA pilot 2 parter Legend did, got the lowest rating of the season to that point.

A bigger issue for the pilot is going to be how many slots for new shows is CBS going to have and what other pilots is it up against. It’s not like CBS is canceling shows left and right.

• John NYC says:

Compared to everything else on that night?

Not all that eyebrow raising.

• Jax says:

Actually, NCIS adjusted up in the final ratings so this whole argument is moot.

• Blacklister No.134 says:

2.4 because it is still the 5th episode in a row that is lower than the season low of Season 10. You actually have to go back to Season 1 to even get a lower-rated episode.

• Dav says:

The show is 11 years old. OF COURSE it’s dropping. Show me one show, just one, that made it past even 6 seasons and didn’t drop in the ratings. Sheesh! The fact that it is still one of the highest rated dramas on network TV speaks more to the poor performance of newer shows than it does to the quality of this one.

• Claudia says:

Oops. You see, here at TVLine they post the initial numbers, numbers that are subject to change. And in the second part of the planted NCIS spin-off, the final numbers were adjusted up. Of course, I can understand numbers being down if folks weren’t really interested in the possible spin-off. And I’ve always wanted to see a study of the effect Daylight Savings Time has on shows in an age where so many folks have access to watching a show later. I’m old enough to remember the time when if you didn’t watch a show when it aired your only recourse was to hope to catch it in reruns. That has to be a factor in the ratings for all shows in today’s culture.

8. Eli says:

I’m really glad About A Boy and Growing Up Fisher are doing well, they are both good shows that deserve a full 2nd season.
    But wtf is happening with AoS, it’s getting really good now yet people continue to leave, America sucks :(

9. Jon says:

I personally squirmed watching Danny and Mindy make out. Don’t see them as a couple at all. I’ll tune back in when that whole “situation” is over. And why is Adam Pally getting more air time than Ed Weeks? That’s just criminal.

• Katie says:

Because Adam Pally is funnier. I like Ed Weeks but he needs Ike Barinholtz or Adam Pally to play off of. He just isn’t as funny solo.

• Megan says:

That’s just silly to stop watching a show because you don’t like a pairing. Kaling and Messina have crazy chemistry, and the odd couple of Danny and Mindy will make for some great storylines, as evidenced last night, when TMP aired the two best episodes to date. If you like a show, especially one that struggles in the ratings, don’t stop watching it.

• JC says:

Why is that silly? I don’t even watch TMP, never have, but I’ve dumped more than one show over a pairing I couldn’t stand. If the pairing ruins the show for you, why waste time watching something that annoys you so much?

10. wrstlgirl says:

I thought Shield was beyond boring last night. I struggled all the way through it. The only thing that shocked me was what Ward did (won’t elaborate w/spoiler). I may skip next weeks ep because I’m hearing that it spoils the upcoming movie. Is that true??

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I, for one, would advise seeing the movie first.

• wrstlgirl says:

Thought so. I’ll just have to dvr the ep and save it cuz lord knows when I’m going to the movie :-) Thanks Matt!

• Katie says:

Another issue I have with SHIELD. I’m only mildly interested in the Marvel movies and often wait until they’re on blu-ray, Netflix or HBO. HAVING to watch the movies as soon as they come out to understand what’s going on in the show is a huge strike against it. It’s a network show, it needs to be able to capture a somewhat broader audience.

• wrstlgirl says:

I completely agree Katie. I do watch the Marvel movies but rarely ever go to the theater. I will likely not see this one until DVD so I might just pass on the whole show altogether. It’s a total put off as far as I’m concerned. I feel like they are trying to force us into seeing it quickly this weekend which will benefit them in many ways $$$ and I hate that BS.

• Dav says:

I read an interesting article by a critic who said that SHIELD was and always will be hampered by it’s tie in to the movies. Mostly because the writers of the show don’t know what will happen in the movies and are stuck trying to write generic storylines that can quickly be adapted to fit whatever situation comes up in the next Marvel movie. They will always be the “stepchild” to the larger movie franchise and will never be able to keep up because of restrictions in writing, funding, special effects, etc… Marvel’s (ABC’s, Disney’s) instance on tying the show to the movies means that people will continually compare the two and always find the TV version lacking. Interesting thoughts. I agree somewhat but I also admit that would enjoy the show more if certain actors were gone. Just my opinion of course.

• John NYC says:

The cast members have been all over Twitter advising that.

• Jerri says:

Next week’s episode ties into the movie and what happens in the movie, so go watch that first before the new episode of Agent of SHIELD.

11. Katherine215 says:

I get annoyed every Wednesday morning when I see Glee’s low ratings and know that this show has been renewed and Almost Human, with better ratings, is on the bubble/leaning toward cancellation. Stupid Fox.

• Katie says:

Right? At least Fox has a right to change it’s mind about Glee’s next season. I’m sort of hoping it does, otherwise it’ll be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for me when it comes to my continued viewership. I can’t handle a WHOLE other season with just the New York B.S.

• Glee says:

I agree Glee should be canceled. But Fox is still making money on the music, last night’s EP cracked the top 20. I think they are going to try to milk it for all it’s worth.

• Elyse says:

If they hadn’t renewed it for 2 seasons last year Glee definitely would have been canceled this year. They lucked out. I love Almost Human :( makes me sad it’ll probably get the ax.

• Tina Majorino-Shepherd says:

The 100th/101st Episode would have been the ideal ending for a show way past it’s prime. It hasn’t been good or relevant since season one. As with everything he touches, Ryan Murphy ruined Glee with his agenda and his complete inability to story plan. FOX should have taken Glee away from him in Season 2 when it really went on a creative spiral. I am sure Fox hates that they did a 2 year renewal.

• Larc says:

I’d be surprised if there isn’t fine print in that renewal contract that gives FOX some options if they decide they want to cancel Glee. Big corporations such as FOX rarely paint themselves into corners contractually.

• KC says:

Glee is so much better this season and now with the shift to NY, it’s even better! I hope people hear what terrific reviews it is getting and they start watching. Who know if Glee will get a full 22 episodes for the 6th and final season, we’ll find out at the upfronts in May! If or one believe they will.

12. Chaosrainz says:

Mindy and Danny are such train wrecks as individuals…I can’t wait to see what happens when you put them together since they have such great chemistry and quirks. I think 2 wrongs make a right here and hope that they stick with it, no matter how bumpy the road will be (that’s what will keep it interesting).

13. MP says:

I love Mark Harmon and used to love NCIS, but the backdoor pilot episodes didn’t reel me in. The show overall has become stale to me. The past few seasons I’ve been liking NCIS LA much more and find the banter between characters very funny. I took Trophy Wife off my DVR last night so I could record About a Boy and Growing up Fisher. I like both of those shows more than I thought I would, especially About a Boy. I’ll catch Trophy Wife online. If it’s canceled, I hope Bert gets his own show. That kid is hysterical and steals the show.

• TullaT says:

I liked the last two episodes, like the new team. They make the old team look lackluster. I hope the new one gets picked up. Especially like the two younger agents.

14. pat carter says:

NCIS is losing viewers because it is not a team anymore. The new agent has been pushed on the public leaving all of the favorite characters with little to do.

• TV Gord says:

Ugh, this again. I love the new agent. I think the whole team is energized by her freshness.

• Francis Alston says:

You and me, both. I wish when the ratings are released, it could be without the same Debbie Downers foretelling the doom and gloom that is stalking NCIS, at least in their Twilight Zone minds. Everyone gets it, it’s ALL the new agent’s fault, everything is lackluster, everyone is bland, Gibbs is a zombie, ratings have fallen since last year–blah,blah,blah. Rinse and repeat–does the word annoying, ring any bells? Funny thing about this backdoor pilot, Bishop wasn’t really in it that much, but, go ahead blame her–you will anyway…….

• John NYC says:

Except for this thesis to work a two-parter expressly written with the NEW Nola agents at the forefront, it’s their introduction after all, should then have soared. Yet it’s within the normal variation for the overall show.

Ah well. Reality bites.

• Blacklister No.134 says:

This is not normal ratings for NCIS. Last season’s low was a 2.7 and the last 5 episodes of this season have been below that level. Ratings are definitely down for NCIS.

• JC says:

Pretty much all CBS’s shows are down compared to last year. Unless you can show that NCIS’s drop is greater than all the other shows on the network, then it’s hard to blame it on anything more than the ongoing year-to-year drops that are happening for all the networks. If it starts regularly getting beat by other dramas on the network, then maybe we can talk. But as long as it is still usually the network’s highest rated drama, it’s hard to convincingly argue that its ratings decline is due to creative decisions.

• Blacklister No.134 says:

The first episode of March was beaten by a Criminal Minds episode. So that would make it two out of the last four episodes that were not the highest rated on the network. I am sensing the start of a pattern now.
            Since the equivalent episode last season probably did around a 3.3 this means that it is down around a full ratings point. I do not even have to look up the decline of other shows to know that this episode had a huge drop from last year at this same time.

• JC says:

It’s possible, but without more data it’s all speculation. NCIS may yet adjust up today, and that would leave you with one single data point, not enough for a pattern. If I had a few hours to kill with Excel, it would be interesting to plot all the CBS ratings from last year vs this year, and see how NCIS compares.
            That being said, CBS only has three dramas right now capable of consistently pulling 2s at all, NCIS, NCIS LA, and Criminal Minds. I’m not sure CBS is going to get terribly worked up about NCIS when the rest of their drama slate is pulling 1s.

• John NYC says:

NCIS: “At 8:00 PM, NCIS was first in viewers (16.84m) and second in adults 25-54 (3.5/10) and adults 18-49 (2.3/08). NCIS was the night’s top program in viewers.”

• Jimpy says:

Legend parts one and 2 were the two lowest viewed and rated episodes of the season up to that point the two following episodes where Tony kills Michael Rifkin and they they go to Isreal were worse in viewers.

Still it wasnt like NCIS LA Red part 1 and 2 where they lost like 3 million viewers for the second half.

• TullaT says:

Totally agree. The guys have all become bland and have little to do. We barely see the supporting characters any more. Gibbs is a zombie. It’s a shame.

15. CBWBDK1 says:

About a boy is so funny!! I’m really glad it’s doing better.

16. TJ says:

For the most part Glee was good last night, better then everything they did in S4 and most of S5 with the Newbies. Much better then the Lima stuff. Still way too much Sam and Blam for my taste and not enough focus on Rachel or HummelBerry and I really missed Santana. Mercedes is a nice addition! Watching Lea sing People was one of the best things Glee has ever done! Overall this was what S4 should have been with the core including Finn in NY. Instead they wasted a whole season on the Newbies and kicked their most marketable stars to the curb with very reduced story lines and screen time. Too little way too late for Glee and Ryan Murphy has no one to blame but himself.

17. Gerald says:

Where are all the viewers going?
    TVLine is there a logistical way to give us the numbers in a few days that will account for all the PVR watching and on demand numbers for some shows? Really curious.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Not here, no way. But the fine folks at TVByTheNumbers regularly report on Live+3 and Live+7 DVR playback.

• Jimpy says:

Its seventy degrees and sunny, was yesterday too. As i posted somewhere else here, for NCIS at least this is always a slow time for total viewers if you check the year by year numbers. I expect the numbers for all shows. I do know that for NCIS its highest rated and most watched episode of the year, Kill Chain was shown while i was basically snow in as was most of the east coast.

• KC says:

A lot of viewers don’t watch shows ‘live’ they watch later on DVR, on demand, iTunes, Hulu, etc. I think that is why a lot of shows get a bit of a break on overnight ratings. I think that is also why some shows get renewed. In the end though, the ratings drive the advertising dollars.

• Jax says:

Also, viewing numbers ALWAYS drop in the spring. People are tired of being stuck inside all winter and they are out doing stuff. Just look around the TV landscape and you will see that most shows have taken a hit since Daylight Saving Time started.

18. Fernando says:

If Agents of Shield gets a season 2 then I think Skye and Ward should exit they aren’t fitting in and people seem to not like them. Simmons and Fitz are cute and funny and May and coulson are awesome. I think for next season they just need to make Fitz and Simmons more bad ass, they need to be more on the field. Add two new characters or bring in super heroes to join the team. Next season needs more super heros that’s what the fans seem to want.

• John NYC says:

They’ve delayed Skye’s 8-0-4 reveal perhaps a little too long?

• jj says:

The entire cast of Agents of Shield, minus Clark Gregg, needs to go. It is the worst ensemble cast I have seen since the short lived reboot of Charlie’s Angels. Cardboard cutouts have better acting skills.

• Fernando says:

They will not get rid of everyone only two or three at most and most likely it will be ward and Skye to leave because those are the two whom fans do not like and are brining down the show, May and coulson are favorites and many people also love the comedy and cuteness Fitz and Simmons being to the show.

19. Dj says:

Really strange how everything was down. As for AOS. The show has gotten much better and having seen Cap 2 like they said it’s all connected.

20. Ryan says:

Agents of Shield was great. I’m not sure how many people think Skye is a big problem. She seemed fine as an agent last night. The show needs more episodes written like last night.

21. tp says:

The problem with AOS’s next epi being promoted with the CA tie in is what are they going to do after that? How many movies are they going to tie it into? A Skye and Ward romance is going to kill this show for quite a few people. I don’t doubt it will get a second season because it’s a walking advertisement for all things Marvel but will the ratings be good enough for a 3rd?

22. The doctor says:

Hopefully once people see The Winter Soldier they’ll tune in next week for AOS , cause it’s really getting good. I didn’t really like the first few episode but they’ve really started to pick up .
    I wish it wasn’t on Tuesdays though going up against NCIS can’t be good for ratings plus they need to stop with all the breaks, that’s how people lose interest.
    I still don’t get why people hate on Skye I actually really like her, if anything Ward is the one I can’t stand, he’s just so boring .

23. TullaT says:

NCIS-LA was just a great episode. The show has really come into its own and they deserve their success.

24. Ashley says:

Getting nervous about a renewal for Agents of SHIELD. It took awhile to hit its stride, but it did. Hopefully ABC gives it a second season. The characters have all really grown on me. I didn’t care for Skye or Ward in the beginning, but I love both of them now. Same with Fitz and Jemma. Maybe, if the get one, in the second season they can move it to Wednesdays. Putting it against NCIS was a bad decision.

25. Rusty says:

AOS is a shoe-in for next year. They need it for all of the other Marvel movies. It is a great way to advertise them and provides great tie with AOS episodes.
    As for NCIS, I tried, but couldn’t bare to watch more then just a few minutes of the part 2. I really like Scott, he was great in his other two series. But this NO is a bust. Bad writing and horrible accents. The personal stories of the other members of the team are ho hum and they lack any warmth. Them trying to have a quirky lab guy (ala Abby) didn’t work at all. CBS should let this die and look for other interesting pilots. Just hope that someone stops making Vampire, Zombie, Ghost, Alien and Super Teen type shows. Enough already!! Try something new and not rehash old series or movies.

• Jax says:

I agree the writing is terrible. I changed the channel during the part 1 episode right after he threw that guy over the car. WHAT?!? He would have been sued in a heartbeat and thrown off the case faster than you can say boo. The fact that he not only got away with it but that they also tried to make him look like a hero because of it was just absurd.

• Lwh says:

I think because The Walking Dead is such a success (the highest rated show on TV overall in the all important 18-49 demo, with it’s finale even having a 8.0) that a lot of networks want more “horror” type shows. I think even it’s post show talk show pulled in almost 8 million with a 3.7. That’s more than any of the shows here. For a 10pm talk show about a show. That’s crazy. So I think networks may be trying to copy that success.

26. Coal says:

ABC- The Grim Reaper.

27. Nicole says:

Was no one watching tv last night? I watched Shield and Mindy live, which I never get to do. But I find it strange that everything was either down or flat. Was it because of earthquake coverage in Chile?

• Jax says:

Viewing always drops in the spring. The sun is out longer and the weather is getting warmer and people would rather be outside doing stuff.

28. joe says:

shield so boaring zzzzzzzzz
    well there is only one bunshee

29. DavidSask says:

Except for old people CBS, Tuesday night network TV needs a complete overhaul!!!

30. Susan says:

We have stopped watching NCIS, but did watch the two-parter based in New Orleans. We really liked the New Orleans team and are hoping that they have their own show.

31. JASon says:

Is Agents Of Shield still on. I forgot about it. Who would have ever thought I would say that about a Joss Whedon show!

32. Ch says:

Poi was awesome last night. I hope the prosecutor comes back… Better role for Nestor carbonel than he has on bates motel, ncis is terrible and the spin off looks awful with a bad cast who can’t act. Ncis la is so good though it’s like a different world. And I agree shield is a total snooze fest.