Michael Weatherly on Ziva's Exit: NCIS Has a 'Remarkable Core DNA' That Withstands Change

NCIS Ziva Tony GoodbyeWhen Cote de Pablo wraps her eight-year run as Ziva David, it will by no means be the first, but rather the latest, of several major shifts that CBS’ NCIS has sustained since debuting almost 10 years ago.

As original cast member Michael Weatherly prepared to film his final scenes with scene partner de Pablo, he shared with TVLine his reflections on all that NCIS and Gibbs’ team have been through.

PHOTOS | NCIS Sneak Peek: ‘Classic’ Season Premiere Is Full of ‘Change and Turmoil’

“I remember being with Cote at the end of Season 5, walking through the Mojave desert and into a diner and seeing Lauren Holly’s wax dummy in a pool of blood,” after Jenny Shepard had been killed by Russian hitmen. “I thought, ‘This is crazy!'” he recalls. “I didn’t see this coming at all. NCIS DiNozzo Jenny ShepardI mean, she’s the director of NCIS!

“And Mike Franks [being killed by the Port-to-Port Killer in Season 8]…. Those were major changes,” the actor continues. “[Series creator] Don Bellisario leaving [after Season 4]? A major change. Again and again.”

VIDEO | NCIS Season 11: Ziva’s Wanted Dead — Is This Goodbye for Her and Tony?

And yet despite every shake-up NCIS has served up or survived, it stands as the most watched scripted program on TV today. “We have great writers and a remarkable core DNA that Bellisario created,” Weatherly observes, “and somehow it’s so sturdy that it withstands all of these changes.”

RELATED | NCIS Boss: Why We’re Not Killing Off Ziva

As for how exactly NCIS will write out Ziva soon after its Sept. 24 opener, Weatherly is mum — “I can’t give away all the pinpoints,” he hedges with a smile — “but I found the first two episodes immensely satisfying. I was very surprised by the things I read in those scripts,” he shares.

Might those surprising elements involve some degree of payoff, if not closure, for the forever percolating Tony/Ziva romance? All signs point to yes.

“I think that for DiNozzo and for me as an actor, that ‘holding pattern’ has been incredibly fun to play — I love working with Cote, she’s awesome — but also it’s been eight years, and we haven’t dealt with it. It will be dealt with.” And with a resulting storyline for Tony that his portrayer has hailed as “the most exciting thing I’ve heard in a long time.” Says Weatherly, “I’m looking forward to seeing what the far greater geniuses have in store.”

Want more scoop on NCIS, or for any other fall show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Svenja says:

Very good interview. I like everything he says. Yes this is a big change and I wish it were different but things are the way they are. Will they still be number one? I am not sure but they will survive this. Knowing that he is satisfied with these two episodes is a good thing, too and who knows maybe along the years Ziva will make appearances here and there. I am sad and excited at the same time. NCIS certainly has the DNA to survive this. I hope the writers put a lot of good work into this. And no if somebody responds to this comment I am not gonna answer. I just wanted to say I really enjoyed this interview and I agree with Michael. I am not sure NCIS will get better but it will still be good. It will be a different show, but at the same time the formula will still be the same. So we will see :) Thanks TV Line and thanks Michael.

• Lisa says:

Totally agree with you!

• RJ says:

Mr. Weatherly is astute. If he’s happy, I stand to be happy, too.

• Andrea says:

I’ve been watching the Season 8 and 9 DVDs, and I wholeheartedly agree that Michael Weatherly is very astute. I’m very much looking forward to what Season 11 has in store for us.

• suzi says:

Perfect reply.

• Veronica says:

I’ve watched NCIS since the beginning; with every change it has gotten better and it will only continue to get better, even without Cote/Ziva (love you Cote!). We watch it for the writing, the stories and esp the characters…can’t wait to see what comes next and because we don’t know, that’s what will hold it’s fans, the unknown! Bring it NCIS, we can’t wait! PS: let Michael Weatherly direct more episodes too! It is the BEST show on TV!

• louise says:

cote i will miss you on the show – been a fan since it started right now i am deprressed because i always looked forward to your appearances whatever the reason for your leaving i just want you to know as your fan i wish you the best but i also will miss seeing you on NCIS

Comment by Louise September 18,2013

2. Dee says:

LOL! So Ziva being there 8 years as an integral part of the team equals Jenny (3 years) and Mike Franks (recurring). Really?! That is quite amusing! After episode 2, CLICK. Done. Good luck!

• Amy says:

I agree. I’m also out after episode 2. Why should any Tiva fan continue to watch the show after the writers have basically disrespected the fans? The creator promised early on that he wouldn’t drag Tiva getting together like he did with Mac/Harm, well he did exactly THAT and more! 8 years of dragging a pairing and then not agreeing to give Cote equal pay as Michael is ridiculous! It’s unsatisfying for Tiva fans. I think the ratings will go down after episode 2. I think episode 3 and on will see a decline. The Tiva fanbase is a lot bigger than the creators think. And many wouldn’t stick around after Ziva is gone.

• Marissa says:

Amy, your comments are not factual. The creator of the show hasn’t even been associated with the show since Season 4, as Michael mentions in the article itself. The Tiva debacle has less to do with Don than it has to do with Shane, or Gary,The show took a turn when they tried to hard to satisfy a fanbase that wanted the characters of Tony and Ziva warped beyond recognition (little ninja babies makes me nauseous, did they miss the memo that Ziva was a professional assassin pre NCIS?). The problem with fanon becoming canon is that nobody is ever satisfied.

• BJG says:

You actually think that more than a million people watch NCIS for Ziva only?? I think it will take s hit and not only because of CdP’s departure but also due to the new show Agents of Shield. If it doesn’t stay #1 then it will be in the top 3.

• Cathy says:

As someone else posted – the creator of the show was Donald Bellisario – and he NEVER intended to put Tony and Ziva together – google the interview right before Bait. At that time, Cote agreed with him. Then Shane Brennan came along and he pushed Ziva by putting her and Tony together – and Cote liked it – and became pro-Tiva. Facts are – DB was thinking of making Kate and Tony a couple [Something I would not have liked for different reasons than Tiva) but when Sasha threw him a curve and decided to leave, he didn’t. He never considered Tony and Ziva ‘a couple,’ and only wanted a character that would challenge Tony and someone he could have a flirtatious relationship with, NOTHING more. If you’re upset about Tiva being teased and never happening on the show – blame the right person – Shane Brennan. Gary has just basically been trying to appease everyone – pro and non Tiva alike and as we all know, you can’t make everybody happy by driving in the middle of the road on something. And all the postings of ‘I will be gone, blah, blah, blah,; never works. Take it from one of the Tony fans who have long complained about the way the character was written after season 5 – they do what they want. NCIS will forge ahead. As much as I love Michael and watch the show for Tony, Gibbs, Abby – the only way this ship would totally sink is if Mark Harmon were to walk away.

• Andrea says:

Hey Cathy, I’m looking forward to life after Ziva and I’m very anti-Tiva, but I will say that the Season 4 DVD commentary does seem to at least hint that Bellasario might have at least toyed with the idea of Tony and Ziva had Don not been ousted. I believe he made a passing comment during the finale commentary about what the future might have held for Tony and Ziva if he had stayed. As much as the idea never worked for me, I don’t think it’s entirely accurate to say that Don never intended it because I think he might have been considering it.

• DCC says:

Don Bellisario is notorious for NOT pairing up characters on his shows. Just look back on them and see if you can find any where the main characters were in a long-term relationship with anyone, much less each other if there were the possibility. Magnum, Airwolf, Jag, Quantum Leap and any I’ve forgotten. If it ever happened it was always at the very end of the show’s run.

• papnana says:

I agree with Svenja’s & Cathy’s replies, NCIS will forge ahead without Cote de Pablo, sure she was a good addition to the show & brought some incredible storylines, BUT she is leaving of her own accord plus I do believe that all the petitions out there to “bring Cote back” is a waste of time. Someone else mentioned about the show only being “over” if Mark Harmon were to leave, that I totally agree with! I will be one of the ones that will continue to watch NCIS after Cote leaves along with many other viewers. Good Luck NCIS, here’s hoping you will remain in the number one position for as long as you are on.

• Edna Dippre says:

Must agree with you papnana! Mark Harmon “is” the definition of what makes NCIS what it is! A great show with all emotions. It has mystery, pain, tears, love, hate & all mixed with humor in between to keep us going… I am a fan of most of the cast but Mark is the ‘Daddy’ to all & that makes it work.
            I liked Ziva in her part & loved watching her grow into the family role. Tony is great in his part as he shows his humor, anger & love so well. All the cast has their own special way about them that pulls it all together.
            I still watch all the old reruns of the show!!! I love it that much. Losing Ziva, which at this point seems will only be a partical loss, will change things but the show is strong enough to last for many more years. I believe the only thing that might ever make me want to stop watching it is if Mark leaves. He seems to be the glue that holds it together so well.
            I can’t wait for the season to start again. I will always be a diehard fan of the show. It’s #1 in my book!!

• Sandy says:

Pay the girl (Ziva) anything she wants. The show is dying and it ticks me off. I watched NCIS since the day it began. Let’s see how well Bishop can do a death scene, And get on with my show. Sandy

• Pete says:

I still don’t understand why the self-styled Tiva fans ever started watching NCIS in the first place. It’s not a soap, it’s a crime procedural. Sure it’s character-driven, but by the character interactions between the entire team, not just a single pairing which – tedious as it has been for those not wanting romance on the show – has only ever been a small part. Why watch if that’s all you like the show for, and why quit watching if you like the show for more than just that single aspect?

I’m fed up with the whimpering about waiting 8 years for the Tiva payoff: those of us who watched from the beginning have had to sit through all that time as our favourite characters become more twisted to accommodate this stupid ‘ship’ – enjoying the moments when they actually were written true to character and always hoping to get the old magic back. Tiva fans may not have got their payoff, but we still got the distortion of group dynamics that comes when two are paired off all the time and also the stupid interruption of the case for the victim of the week to tell them that “they are made for each other” because Ziva has never actually seemed to like Tony.

There’s good evidence coming out now that the Tiva fanbase is nowhere near as large as they tried to claim.

As to the reasons for de Pablo leaving, we have no idea what the whole story is and to claim otherwise is to spread dubious rumours.

• rob says:

You won’t be missed , maybe you should stick with the bachelorette since you are hung up on a fake couple , LOL

• James says:

Do you not know anything about why any of this is happening or something? Cote decided to leave so as to be with her family more so what the hell does this have to do with pay? Also if people stopped watching the show because a certain character or actor/actress leaves the scene then they would have to be completely shallow and should not have even been watching the show in the first place. People like you should get over yourselves and gain some common sense.

• Carolyn says:

The producers offered her 2 salary increases and she still decided to leave. Obviously it was not the money, but just being able to try different things. Good luck Cote, whatever lies ahead for you.

• I’m with you… the fact that they did not pay her what she is worth makes me sick.

• Marissa says:

Where are you people getting your information/conspiracy theories? Every bit of press said she was offered money and left for personal reasons unrelated to salary.

• xandercordy1 says:

Sorry but I don’t feel sorry for anyone who makes over $100,00 an episode for playing a character on tv. Very few people make $100,000 a YEAR – including people risking their lives to defend our country – and doctors who save lives don’t make as much as these people do a year. Having said that – I don’t feel sorry for any actor/actress regarding their pay.

• DCC says:

Does anyone remember the Friends cast and what they were paid? I agree that actors/entertainers, as well as professional athletes, are paid outlandish amounts of money for what they do. However, when you consider the amount of money NCIS is generating for CBS, and that the top paid actor on the show(with the exception of Mark Harmon) is making approximately $250,000 per episode for a 1 hour show, they are being very much undervalued by the network. ALL OF THEM. The Friends cast was making 1 million per episode for a 1/2 hour show.

• as524 says:

I believe that the difference in production costs would factor into what is available to pay cast members.

Beyond that – if one thinks that 250k every episode (which is roughly for 10 – 12 days of work) is being undervalued, I’d happily accept a deal like that.

• Katya says:

They offered her a lot of money to continue and she turned it down. She either didn’t want to do the show anymore, or she wants an unreasonable sum of money for doing it. Take your pick but she’s in no way some poor innocent victim of Big Bad CBS. Either way, she’s not as invested in the show as the other cast members who are sticking with it, but I don’t see you blaming her for that.

• Andrea says:

At this point, whatever the reasons for her decision, the decision has been made. Also, with it being early September, the show is likely past filming the second episode by now, meaning Cote herself is likely gone and all that’s left is Ziva’s onscreen goodbye. This subject has been agonized, debated, parsed, analyzed, grieved, and many other verbs for weeks, and we’ve still got two more episodes of it to come. I know that I’m not a fan of Ziva, but I’d think the subject would even be beginning to tire out some of Ziva’s most ardent fans.

Also, after seeing what happened to The Glades, Cote’s decision isn’t such a shocker anymore. Anything can happen in the world of television, and usually fans are the ones who end up stuck holding the bag, whether it’s fans of a character or fans of a show. I hope those who are working through the loss of Ziva are able to get over it and move on soon, if for no other reason than television is likely to disappoint them in another way again someday. Unfortunately, that’s the nature of the TV beast, I think.

• rob says:

LOL , thats not smart parenting spreading gossip that isn’t even true , she said herself she was leaving for personal reasons , mainly to spend more time with her boyfriend who lives out of the country. Go watch something else so real fans can discuss the show

• Daniel says:

Goodbye!

• John says:

Good. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

• Bob says:

You won’t leave after episode 2. You’ll tune in, maybe not regularly, but you will just to see how “bad” the show is now. Who knows? Maybe it’ll get better without her. New roads to explore.

• dee123 says:

Good lord! People, all us Dee’s are not this cuckoo.

• rob says:

lol then you were never a fan of the show but of a single actress , and I am willing to bet you won’t be missed.

3. Joy McQueen says:

I STILL LOVE THE SHOW

• Darlene says:

Me, too! Watching the marathon on USA right now. What a great show! I’m addicted. I can’t quit watching!

• Kim R says:

Me too. With all the changes that have gone on, I remain a loyal fan of the show. I know they will carry on and it will be awesome. No worries. :)

4. Daniel says:

I’m sure NCIS will survive this latest change and be better for it.

5. Steve Ungrey says:

Won’t be number one, but NCIS will still be top five. I think enough fans may click off the show to make a difference, but it won’t be enough to put the show in serious jeopardy.

• Sam says:

In total viewers? It’s probably still going to battle it out for the top spot with football. I don’t expect a big loss even airing against Shield. Shield will probably give it a run for the money in the young adults demos.

• Steve Ungrey says:

I think Shield’s going to make a small dent, but it’s the type of viewers Shield gets. I think Shield will pull away some of the 18-49 audience. Both shows will see some Live plus 3 and Live plus 7 gains, though. I project a loss of about a half million total viewers for NCIS. Still good enough for a top five finish. Top show overall this year will be Sunday Night Football.

• xandercordy1 says:

I agree. Most of the outrage comes from a certain fanbase – not from most NCIS viewers. Most NCIS viewers love the entire show – not just one certain character. As much as I have seen posts over and over and over on every website, under every article about this, on Facebook – about signing a petition to get Cote to stay – under 16,000. That’s not even a small rippled versus TOTAL viewers. And as I said, most fans are neither pro or anti Tiva – they just love the show for ALL the character. Yeah, they’ll miss Cote, but they still love the rest of the cast, and will tune in to see what’s going on.

• Pete says:

And don’t forget that the reach of that petition is worldwide, against the 20 million plus viewing figures for NCIS, which is a purely domestic US figure and takes no account of fans internationally.
        Not to mention the fact that the folks signing the petition have been crowing on social media about signing it multiple times, in exactly the same way that a small number of individuals have each been writing hundreds of letters to CBS, Bellisario productions, etc to get de Pablo ‘reinstated’.

I’d have some respect for the campaign if a) there was any evidence to support their allegations – at the moment what we think we know is as potentially damning of de Pablo as of CBS; b) there were thousands of people each sending one letter of complaint.

• as524 says:

Add to that the behavior of the particular fanbase in question is atrocious at best. If they were just endlessly spamming their petition links, email addresses & physical addresses to the network, it’d be easier to discount them. But it’s their behavior elsewhere (primarily twitter) that is worrying and bordering on dangerous towards cast, writers & family members. Not to mention the endless wailing as if someone died. And all because they don’t get to see every detail of Tiva (or worse, any more ‘mote’) play out on screen.

I’ve said in several places that it’s really sad that those who did NOT like the character of ziva or the fake romance are treating the actress with far more class and manners than those who claim to be her fans

Personally, I can’t wait to see the spoilers for the ep they are currently shooting

6. yes, she's gone says:

I’m looking forward to the new season, I’ll be watching after the first two episodes have been run. I see NCIS only getting better.

7. classic NCIS fan says:

Really looking forward to NCIS Season 11 episode 3

8. Jenny says:

It will easily still be number 1. It’s not all of a sudden going to lose 7-8 million viewers and freefall. I think the Ziva/Tiva fans are cute to think they’ll make a difference in the numbers. You all know if you don’t watch and aren’t a Nielson viewer, it doesn’t matter, right?

• steven west says:

I did not even think about the Nielsons. U r right, though. Even if, say a couple of million stop watching. If only half that are part of the Nielsons, that would only be a few thousand that matter and in the long run that isn’t much.

9. Darlene says:

As a Tony fan, I’m looking forward to the resulting storyline for the character. If Michael is excited about it (and he says it’s the most exciting thing he’s heard in a long time), then I’m looking forwad to watching that storyline unfold in season 11. Hooray!!!.

• ArcticT says:

Diddo on the Hooray! ;)

• xandercordy1 says:

I so agree with you. Can’t wait for season 11.

• luzma says:

muy razonable tu comentario no sabemos muy bien como va a continuar la serie ..para mi Ziva va a ser recurrente…creo y espero sea asi…la serie ha tenido un tiva implicito desde que comenzo el personaje Ziva…..y si hay muchisimos fan Tiva y el mismo Glassberg lo admiten…claro los que no les gusta tiva se les respeta su opinion..todo cuestion gustos…

10. Tav says:

NCIS has needed to wrap it up for a while (since season 8 in my estimation), and they frequently retread the same ground (Franks died how long ago and is STILL making appearances) for fear of breaking the formula. Cote/Ziva’s departure will either hasten the end of the show (which would not be a bad thing) or it could serve as the impetus for a revamp in which the writers actually got creative/brave.

Either way, after Ziva’s last ep I’m out. Too tired.

11. It’s so hard to say goodbye to Cote de Pablo and her character on NCIS. She was the heart and soul of the series since the beginning of Season Three after the demise of Sasha Alexander’s character and it hasn’t been the same since Lauren Holly’s departure since oh, I forgot what season that was since I don’t even remember but someone can help me out. Until then, it’s TIVA to the very end. :-(

• Katya says:

Nonsense. Gibbs, Tony, Abby and Ducky are the heart and soul of NCIS, in that order. Ziva was a late addition and not a very good one in my opinion. Her character never made sense and her (melo)dramas took over the show. I have no idea why Mr Glasberg pandered to the character so much but at least when she’s gone we can have some new plotlines and a much needed change of energy. I just hope we don’t have any more Mossad plotlines once she’s gone as those were so dreary.

• Who cares about that. Gary Glasberg continues to run his show at any cost and NCIS is still getting old and I really don’t know how long “TV’s #1 show” is going to last as well as CSI which was #1 before when they had William Petersen at the time. That’s why “old people LUV CBS”.

• classic NCIS fan says:

Gotta laugh a bit at how bitter tiva fans sound after being catered to since season 3. Must be hard to realize that the only ones who agreed with their definition of tiva were SB and the entertainment media (& cote, of course). Clue should have been when they friend-zoned them in S10 that a scene by scene romance was never going to happen. Not with 1/2 that ‘couple’ so vocally against it.

Love the chance to see MW’s version of Tony after too many seasons of being stuck with him as just a partner to ziva and 1/2 of the idiotic tiva

• rob says:

LOL , you have a few posts mentioning all the way back to Kate , you must be old since you obviously have been watching a long time

12. Darlene says:

Well, I would say that Gibbs, Tony, Abby, and Ducky are the heart and soul of NCIS with Gibbs who keeps that heart beating. Watching the episodes USA is running today (all from Season 1 and 2) have so much energy. Any turmoil came from outside the team, and the team faced it together. In NCIS’ later years, the tension and turmoil have come from within the team (sparked by one team member in particular), and I didn’t find that satisfying at all. Here’s to new beginnings!

• steven west says:

Couldn’t agree more.

• Katya says:

Completely agree, Darlene. I will start watching again once Ziva has gone. She and the wretched and interminable Tiva, dominated the show too much in later years and I stopped watching it for that reason. I hope Glasberg uses this as an opportunity for a creative reboot – god knows this show needs it!

• ArcticT says:

Bring on the Core 4!!!!

• BJG says:

I couldn’t have said it any better. Look at Chained, Missing,, Revielle, Bete Noir, just to name a few. The tension came from outside and all the team worked together. No forced pairing. Really looking forward to #NCIS #AnewBeginningS11.03 and now I’ll add #RemarkableCoreDNA.

• Wendy says:

Hear, hear! The team became not so much a team after season 2. Ziva’s character was at times snarky and nasty. She was the poison that dripped through the team and forced a huge dynamic shift. The last 3 seasons have been confusing to say the least and watching now Gibbs all but whispers in a grumbly pre occupied way, McGee, when he does have something to say, speaks his lines with little feeling, Abby has turned into an emotional rambling wreck and poor DiNozzo! He has been made the fool…gone is the streetwise cop with the sharp mind and, I quote ‘the best young agent Gibbs has ever worked with’. What have the writers done?? I read recently that with Ziva gone, the writers are unsure how to write DiNozzo!! How sad is that?? Come on NCIS get back on track. Prove the non believers wrong when they harp on about the show going downhill without Cote. She did not make the show. She was a small part of an amazing team of real people who could now really show us the real Team Gibbs…AGAIN! Please.

13. NoChance says:

Michael’s excitement about (in the words of President Bartlett – ‘The West Wing’) “What’s next” for Tony has me excited him as an actor & character and for the entirety of Season 11.
    And he’s right. They lost Sasha Alexander as Kate and endured. They lost great characters like Paula Cassidy (Jessica Stern) and Michelle Lee (Liza Lapira) and Jenny Shepard (Lauren Holly) and they’ve endured. And they’ll endure again with the exit of Ms de Pablo.

Loved his “remarkable core DNA that Bellisario created,” comment. It’s so very true. ‘NCIS’ will continue to thrive beyond the 2nd episode of the upcoming season.
    Two thumbs up, Mr Weatherly.

14. The Rookie says:

NCIS is much more than TIVA, I agree with Michael about the NCIS DNA. We can even go as far as saying NCIS’s DNA is JAG’s also, and even when no characters from JAG appear here, the essence of that show after 20 years continues. Yes, I was a proud JAG fan that followed these characters from mothership S8 (2002-present) on and that qualifies me compare and predict the show from S11 onward.

15. Katya says:

I am somewhat concerned about the resolution of the Tiva question. My own preference would be for it to go away once and for all, with Tony telling her he doesn’t love her, even if she loves him (not that she’s shown much evidence of it in her bitchy comments and violent actions towards him over the years). However, i suspect we’ll get some sickening Tiva lovefest instead. I hope Glasberg remembers the fans who will be sticking with the show after she’s gone, who don’t care about Tiva in the slightest, and that he doesn’t tie Tony in to some absent Ziva plotline. I would be very interested in a plotline that’s about Tony though, about him as a character and not him in relation to Ziva or romance which is all we’ve been given for the past couple of seasons. We’ve had enough of that and the complex character MW created deserves more than that.

• Darlene says:

No matter what happens,after Episode 2, that particular plotline will be over. And that very thought alone has me imagining Tony realizing life does go on and he’s gonna thrive – knowing he does matter, that his very life has made a difference in so, so many lives. And in that moment, he comes face to face with the Tony from “A Man Walks Into A Bar” (who feared he’d live his whole life and have nothing to show for it), and tells him it all came out okay…that he now sees he’s always been the man with a full life making a life changing difference in the lives of others.

16. Larc says:

I watched NCIS before Ziva arrived and enjoyed every minute of it, so I’m not anticipating anything less once she’s gone. Who knows? They could bring a replacement on board who’s even more interesting than Ziva.

17. Kristie says:

Cote was on for eight yrs and how does that equal a few actors in two yr stints. Very disappointing comments to me by Michael. Sounds very defensive. Personally I think they will hit the sixteen mil in viewers the first half and then become what they were the first two yrs, average. When people realize that Ziva is not coming back the show will end up like season four and I just hated that season.

• Katya says:

Well, some of us will be returning to the show now she’s gone so those ratings might not change as much as you think! I’m delighted she’s leaving – I just hope NCIS can get its mojo back now she won’t be stealing all the big dramatic plotlines. I wasn’t a fan of S4 either, but in comparison to the past couple of years, it seems like a shining beacon of excellence.

• NCIS4evr says:

I didn’t interpret Michael as “equating” Jenny and Franks with Ziva. His point was simply that the show has lost characters before. It’s not his fault that Cote decided to leave, and they had only one episode to wrap up her story. He said he enjoyed working with Cote. Why bash the guy for trying to make the best of the situation and promote the show that “he’s” still on? I empathize with fans who are sad that Ms de Pablo is leaving, but hating on the remaining cast members is both unfair and petty.

• classic NCIS fan says:

It appears, as per the norm, that her fans are misrepresenting the importance of ziva to the show. She was a part of the team – that’s all. The show will do fine without her because the true HEART of NCIS will still be there

• Yvette Arseneault says:

I love the show and will continue to watch it as long as Mark Harmon is the boss and Tony and McGee and Ducky and anyone else is on the show I just like the writing and the shows format. I feel entertained and that’s the name of the game. I like Sasha on her new show, and I will watch Lauren Holly’s new show and if Cote dP stars in another show I will watch her also. we discover new talents

• Darlene says:

I do not think he is at all equating Cote’s eight years to some of the other actors’ few years on the show.
      I think what he is saying is that because the show has faced these “smaller challenges”, if you will, in the past, not only do they know what it takes to overcome the “larger challenge” of Cote leaving now, they have the confidence that they can indeed do it.
      I don’t see his words as a slight against Cote at all. But if he meant his words as a reassurance that they aren’t just giving up, and they aren’t fixated on the ‘doom and gloom’ sayers, but are looking to their roots (classic NCIS) and developing the vision going forward, then he succeeded with me. So I’m looking to a revitalized NCIS!

18. Marissa says:

Oh, Michael you never disappoint with your comments about what the real heart and soul of this show is. Core 4! This tempest in a straightjacket will soon be over, the teeny (in age or emotional maturity) melodramatic will move on to the next infatuation, and we’ll finally have some meaty Tony stuff that doesn’t revolve around Ziva. Let Michael show his acting chops and stop wasting good.

• Estefania says:

I disagree with you, because michael has shown brilliant performance , because him and cote gave drama and romance that even to procuderal need

19. Becca says:

Michael Weatherly’s comments are always spot on. The show will survive and thrive with its heart and soul intact. Change like this is good for a show. It gives it an opportunity to try new things. Tony has been so hamstrung in recent years, it’s good to see Mr. Weatherly so excited for his character’s future growth. We fans are excited, too!

20. RJ says:

Mr. Weatherly is a class act.

21. andrew says:

I think its time to add a new character in the mix and spice it up they are starting to go a little from time with same story lines and new character will make it interesting. They will be able to add a new background and explore new grounds with a new character this might night be that bad for the show. I enjoyed ziva/cote de pablo huge fan but someone has to say time for a change at some point.

22. itwillbeok says:

I just cant wait for tiva to be over. I waited eight years for that not romance romance to just go away. I am excited for season 11. I will be watching to see the Core 4 + 3 ti see what changes they have instore. If Mr Weatherly is excited then im in fie the long haul.

• canadian ninja says:

Okay, core 4 is Gibbs, Dinozzo, Ducky and Abbey – right?
      And 3 ti (what does ti mean?) are McNerd, Vance and Palmer?

• NoChance says:

Yes, the Core 4 are Mark/Gibbs, Michael/Tony, Pauley/Abby and David/Ducky. They’re the 4 that began their characters on ‘JAG’ and are still with us.
        Sean/McGee, Brian/Jimmy and Rocky/Leon came after. Both Sean & Brian began back in Season 1 with Rocky joining them in Season 5.

23. The Rookie says:

Call of Silence is the best NCIS episode at it occured in S2. A feel good, with soul episode and no soapy drama. NCIS was good before Ziva and it will be good after Ziva.

• Darlene says:

Every single time I watch that episode, it touches me. So beautifully written and acted. And the respect shown for a Medal of Honor recipient was so spot on. No complicated plots, no over the top drama – just story telling at its best. RIP, Charles Durning.

• Marissa says:

Not only the best NCIS episode, one of the most touching, beautiful, respectful episodes honoring the US Military that has been aired.

• NoChance says:

‘Call of Silence’ always has me in tears, especially when Kate dances with Cpl Yost as he sings to her while Tony & McGee look on. What made it even sadder by the end of the season was that the elderly Yost outlived the youthful and vibrant Kate.

24. Katya says:

The only characters NCIS couldn’t survive without are Gibbs,Tony and Abby, the rest are expendable. I stopped watching for a while because it got so bad with all the Tiva/Ziva melodrama, but starting with episode 3 I will be back as a regular watcher. This season should be the best yet! #NCIS11.03 #RemarkableCoreDNA

25. Paul says:

I have said this before and I will say it again. Watch For ABC To Shift Shield to Wednesday against a much more vulnerable Survivor. NCIS Will Weather This Storm Quite Fine.

26. KirstyLou says:

It’s funny because I’ve been reading through these comments and someone mentioned they would be tuning out after episode two like any other Tiva fans. Well I’m a big Tiva fan too but I won’t be shipping out. At the end of the day it’s a show, it’s fantasy, it gives us an hour to get away from it all yet people seem to think its the end of it all. Ill be be watching, loved Ziva, yeah it’ll be different but that’s life.

27. johnhelvete says:

If Tiva was the endgame, than the writers made a huge mistake by stretching it out for 8 seasons instead of…GASP actually having it as a storyline on the show.

28. Kibbles says:

Michael has made some very astute observations about the show/chemistry/direction/narrative over the years, and it’s clear (as he’s been in the director’s chair more than once now) he can see it with more than just an actor’s eyes. He’s absolutely right about that “remarkable core DNA”: David, Pauley, Mark, and Michael are the heart of the show and have been since Day One. If he’s excited about the narrative and where the show can now go after episode, then so am I.

I think Ms. de Pablo’s departure allows for the show to take a deep breath and shake out the cobwebs they’ve been strung up on since the whole Tiva thing started. Since season 6, the chemistries and character developments on the whole have stagnated. This is marvelous opportunity to breathe new life into the show and see where it can go with a new and exciting direction.

Change is a universal constant.

This show has had plenty of*good* episodes, but, hands down, the BEST has been “Call of Silence” from season 2. NCIS was good *before* Ziva, and it will be good when she’s gone.

NCIS will weather this departure just like it’s weathered all the others. I’m excited to see what season 11 will bring us.

29. Cindy says:

Michael Weatherly spokesman for CBS. Michael, I’m sure you will be rewarded by CBS for you loyalty. Unfortunatly I have a hunch that Mark Harmon does his 2 year contract and is gone. it is extremely telling to me that he has not made an official comment. I’m waiting for the beginning of next’s years announcement that it will be his last year.

• Darlene says:

Actually, I was very surprised that Mark signed on for another year (with options) after season 10. I think he did so for the sake of the 300 cast and crew who depend on him for their livelihood. I think he will, if he hasn’t already, given them a heads up about when he thinks it’ll be time to end the series (which will obviously happen when he decides to stop doing NCIS)
      As for your comments concerning Michael, I really don’t know what to think of them. Can’t Michael speak out for the show he still obviously loves doing? Can’t he go on enjoying his work? Whenever my co-workers have left, some after several wonderful years of working side by side, I haven’t sat in sack cloth and ashes in grief – I spoke fondly of them (which Michael did in this article concerning his co-worker), and I kept on doing the job and enjoying it (which Michael is doing). Is that not okay?

• Marissa says:

For some, no. They genuinely expect a protracted months-long mourning period and the cast to be so deeply upset they cannot function in their work or personal lives. I’ve wished my colleagues who’ve moved on well, and got on with my job. It is what working professionals do. Either some of the people having this expectation are very young or have very little experience in real-world corporate environments.

30. CJ says:

I am excited for the new season. I wish CdP the best, but Ziva’s character has been damaged beyond repair, and this viewer who once loved her is now relieved to see her go. Enough with the personal vendettas, revenge, and going off the rails. I’d like to see the show get its focus back and its creative juices finally flowing again. They’ve been getting a little bit too comfortable with the “formula” in my opinion anyway.

31. DCCooepr says:

I have to agree with one of the comments that talks about the comparison of past characters who left after only a few years or were only recurring characters to a character who has been there for 8 out of the 10 years the show has been on the air and all of the time it’s been number 1. However, I think Michael did a very good, if not predictable, job in this interview. After all, does anyone really expect any of the cast to make any type of specific statement regarding how/why Cote is leaving the show? They aren’t and shouldn’t be expected to.

32. Dee says:

I think all the fans going on and on about Cote departure are far from being true fans. I have watches a lot of tv in my 43 years and by far NCIS ranks in the top 3 of all my favorites. My entire family watches (4 kids and husband) and we are all excited to see the changes to come. Michael is so correct about the core DNA of the show. It’s time we get back to those roots and move on from the Tiva drama of the past few years!!! Bring it on NCIS!

33. Estefania says:

but I can say if someone else as abby, tony , mcgee, etc leaves NCIS , this show still so strong than before, so this means it isn’t about chemistry of the cast , but it is about script, I love michael , but thi show is about chemistry, this show was good the first 2 season, but they were complete since 3 season , cote de pablo was the last x factor in the perfect mix of NCIS , you can bring someone else to the show, but you never copy the special chemisty that power of 8 had, have and will have forever ” MARK , MICHAEL , COTE , PAULEY , SEAN , ROCKY , BRIAN , DAVID ” , this is more than TIVA thing , it is about of brilliant and complex character calls ziva david who was so talented proteyed by Cote De Pablo, this is about coneection astral that those people have.

I respect people who still watch NCIS and people who don’t watch NCIS later ziva’s exit, this is freedom of expression and if you want to fight for bring cote back I am with you and if not I respect. , but inher departure are more story behind

• classic NCIS fan says:

The only story behind her departure is that she doesn’t want to do the show any longer. Not sure how many times that has to be said by numerous different people before it will sink in to her fans’ heads.

As far as Cote completing the chemistry – that chemistry was rock solid before ziva hit the bullpen. Lucky for fans too because the character of ziva stretched and tested it, nearly breaking it more than once with the idiocy that was the character of ziva, the pairing of tiva and the mediocre portrayal we suffered thru week after week.

I do pity the writers though if they really are having issues writing Tony now….perhaps they should open up the show’s bible

34. Kate says:

Tony isn’t the only one to be in a holding pattern for years, it’s created a gridlock for the entire show. Tiva is an exclusive relationship pushed to the forefront of a show about a team preventing any other relationships to grow. Gibbs and McGee have seemed very withdrawn and on the outer of the team for years now because of it. I’m hoping to see them come alive again this season.
    Cote’s decision to leave will work to the show’s advantage imo. I wish her all the best but another season of the rinse and repeat episodes as well as the merry-go-round of Tiva would have seen numbers dwindling up against a newly packed Tuesday night lineup. Michael is right, the core DNA is still there and I have renewed excitement for the new season of this juggernaut of a show.

• Darlene says:

Very well said! The gridlock you’re talking about is so much more evident when you see Season 1 and 2 (watching the USA Marathon just made it so plain – Gibbs was so interactive with everyone…and that smile, OMG. The banter could be barbed at times but never went too far. You could tell these people liked each other). Season 3 was also good.
      But as that ship started to take hold, the show got weighed down, the drama ponderous.
      As the vice-president of a multi-million company, I had to learn that change was expected and the only way to not just survive but to thrive was to take that change and turn it into a powerful positive for the company. And the company got better. Every single time.
      I have every confidence that if TPTB don’t get bogged down by the naysayers predicting the demise of NCIS in the face of its latest change, they can spin gold out of sand. And they can do it because every challenge they’ve faced up until now, they have done it. Much like David knew he could defeat the giant Goliath because he had practice first killing a lion and then a bear, NCIS can meet this challenge and still thrive.

• Marissa says:

Darlene, given the information you’ve shared, I’m very intrigued to read your comments. Thanks for giving the perspective as a business VP. Sometimes we fans forget this is a business, too.

• Darlene says:

Thank you, Marissa. Change is hard. And I can sympathize with those who just really don’t want this latest change for NCIS to happen. I can remember many times when I wanted things to stay the same, but a business can’t move forward effectively if it is spending all of it’s energy trying to get back a product line that doesn’t work anymore or the superstar staff person who decides to leave. Nope, you set your new course, plan what you’re going to do, and work your plan.
          When I left the multi-million dollar company to start my own business, everyone said they would miss me, but I knew even as they said it, they were already working on what opportunities could arise as a result of my leaving. In the end, they restructured the executive staff so that there was a VP over every major product line who specialized in that product. I could say that it took 4 people to replace me, but in reality, the new structure allowed the company to thrive in a way that it hadn’t under a generalist V.P.

• Jeox says:

I completely agree, Darlene. I run a mid-size business and have found over the years that even when really good people leave, it can actually open up the way for new ideas and fresh thinking and can work to our advantage. NCIS has become very formulaic – Glasberg’s plans for S11 sounded exactly like S10 to be honest, but this is forcing him to be genuinely creative. I hope he rises to the challenge. I found his obsession with Tiva and Ziva mystifying – I hope he rediscovers the joys of the team and all the OTHER relationships on NCIS that suffered because all he seemed to care about was Tiva. I am actually very hopeful about the new season.

35. I’m sad that Cote is leaving, but i will continue watching this, watched from the Beginning and will always watch no matter what

36. Tracy Travis says:

I’m a fan of the show NCIS! I have always enjoyed the chemistry between the characters…I will continue to watch because I enjoy it. CdP decided to leave, for whatever reason, that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop watching…curious to see what happens next.

37. l2u9 says:

I believe Cote’s departure will only be one of the obstacles NCIS will have to face this year including sharing the same time slot with Marvel’s Agents, don’t know the right name, as well as being season 11. I hope they do well as for me, I won’t be able to see it without Cote.

38. tuggerofthepudd says:

You peons will watch any garbage. Mark Ramon has less charisma than Ben stein. Go watch some Svu or breaking bad

39. Hepha says:

I’d just like to say that whoever wants to drop the show after CdP’s departure has probably never really got what the show is all about.
    And that’s sad.

40. Bella says:

Of course the show will survive, it’s not based on just one character and while I like Ziva I was never really onboard with Tiva.

41. mellby says:

I appreciated MW’s take on the situation & respect his opinion. What I think is silly is people criticizing others for their likes & dislikes and arguing over who the “true fans” are and how NCIS isn’t over because CdP is leaving, but if “this one” or “that one” left, THEN it would be over. This is a TV show meant for entertainment and it is SUBJECTIVE. It is natural for people to have their favorite characters and their own personal reasons for watching the show. If someone likes one character or one storyline better than the others & that character leaves or the story is over, then I think it makes perfect sense to stop watching the show. Why would anyone waste their time watching something they are no longer interested in? Who has that kind of time to waste? Seriously, let me know, I have some laundry you can do. I am looking forward to the start of the season to see how the story unfolds. AS ALWAYS, if I am enjoying the show & it holds my interest, I will watch it. If I am not, I won’t.

42. Jerri says:

Of course NCIS will survive Ziva’s exit, it’s not like Gibbs is the one who’s leaving.

If NCIS’s ratings will take a hit, it’s not because of Ziva’s exit alone, it’s because ABC scheduled Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to air in the same time slot. As much as I like NCIS, I’ll be watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. live and DVRing NCIS. As a new show, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. needs the support more than NCIS does.

43. Guest says:

NCIS isn’t 100% change proof. If Mark Harmon left, then the show would be done. But he doesn’t seem to want to go anywhere. He said he’s having the most fun he’s ever had on a TV show. And making a small fortune in the process doesn’t hurt either.

• Woofles says:

See I don’t think so. I think the show could go on with DiNozzo finally taking over the team. Even if Ducky left and Palmer became the Medical Examiner I think NCIS could go another 10 years with the change.

Michael Weatherly may not be Mark Harmon, but he has more than shown that he could be the lead of this show.

44. well,i don’t like it she is the one,i want to see.ncis will not be the same.bobby k.love you ziva ;man this will hurt………….whis u the best.

45. suzi says:

As always I’m amazed but not surprised by people who say they will quit the show when Ziva is gone (the show is more than one character) and those who will be Delighted when she’s gone (the hatred of a fictional character, in most cases based on misinterpretation and misrepresentation of the “facts’ on the show is ridiculous). I believe NCIS will do just fine, as most viewers are fans of the show as a whole, and will continue to watch.

46. fan1 says:

Tiva/Ziva haters need to place the blame where it is deserved and that is on the shoulders of Gary Glasberg who has been the head writer for several years now. Cote de Pablo does not have any control over how her character is written nor is she responsible for the way that the other characters are depicted, i.e. Tony. I love Ziva. She is the reason I started watching NCIS. However, I respect her decision and I hold no animosity toward her or any of the other cast members. Of course Michael is going to talk about the show going on. He is not going to come out and say that he is so afraid that the show will tank now that Cote is leaving. This is his livelihood. He is not going to jeopardize that by saying the show is going to suck now. I did not find his comments to be anti Cote. He has to tread lightly. We all know from his past statements that he and Cote are friends and I am sure that they will be friends long after NCIS is over with. I do not expect the rest of the cast to sit around and mope because Cote has left. They have a job to do and contracts that they have to abide with. I will miss Cote and the character of Ziva David but I plan on watching this show until the end. And even if 1,000,000 Ziva fans stop watching, it will still be the number one drama. The second highest drama is usually about 3 million viewers behind NCIS, so I am sure that it will continue to hold its own in the ratings. But really folks, at some point it will drop in the ratings. It has been hitting the #1 spot since season 4 and has only been in the last few seasons that it has dominated the # 1 spot. The only place it can go is down.All good things will eventually come to an end. Do I think NCIS is going to all of a sudden have a drop in viewers-no. Those few Ziva fans who stop viewing will probably not even cause a ripple in the numbers. Remember, I am a TIVA/Ziva lover, but I am also a realist. I do agree that the show should focus for the first part of the season on the core 4 and McGee. I have no problem with that. This is only a television show and people leave jobs all the time and the rest of the people who are left behind need to move on. In the real world people leave jobs every day. If every business shut down and had a mourning period every time someone left, there would be no productivity in America! So, come on people,keep it real. Cote de Pablo left her job. I am sure that is how she looks at it. I actually applaud her for having her priorities straight. I commend her for choosing time with family and loved ones over the almighty dollar. And yes, NCIS will continue on.

47. fan1 says:

Having said what I did above and I feel like I am a rational and reasonable person I am going to re-post something I put on these pages 2 weeks ago. I am so tired that every time anything is written about the upcoming Ziva farewell episodes that the haters get on board and start saying that we as the TIVA fans have somehow caused the romance between Tony and Ziva that has ruined the show and other characters. Really, that isn’t a possibility. If that were the case, that the writers listened that intently to fans, then the Tony fans would have had their way a long time ago because they are the loudest when it comes to how they hate the way Tony has been written and represented over the past few seasons. So here is the reality check:

I am a TIVA fan. I love the chemistry between Tony and Ziva. However, I have never written to the show and asked them for more Tiva moments. To insinuate that TIVA fans have bullied the writers into writing more of the Tiva romance is ridiculous. Sorry, but we do not have that much power. If anyone is responsible for the Tiva moments it is Gary Glasberg and the writers who have been writing scenes for them since Ziva first appeared on the show in season 3. Please stop telling us that it is a figment of our imaginations or something we demanded. I don’t write for the show. I don’t create the situations that the characters find themselves in. I don’t write the flirty looks, the eye sex, the suggestive touches, the innuendos in their speech. I did not write the commercials that promoted “…and will bring two agents closer together”. I did not say that I was going to “pull the trajectory on Tiva”. I did not say that it was going to be “the year of the Tiva”. These are all things that have been said by people connected to the show. Not by Tiva fans. I liked Tony and Ziva before I even knew what “Tiva” was. I did not write lines that said “Couldn’t live without you I guess” or “You, I did it for you.” or “I cannot be this without her. She is an incredible woman” or “This is nice. I miss the old Ziva. Don’t flatter yourself, that’s just my knee” or “I’m looking down your top right now” or “You can slouch provocatively all you want” or “Then I will have to catch her before she leaves and you know, thank her” or “You didn’t seem to mind when we were undercover. ‘Maybe that had something to do with the fact that you were naked.’ Perhaps if it were warmer in here, hmm?” or “I have the same problem Tony, I am what you Americans call a screamer” or “What would you like me to do? Hold your nozzle?” or “When I have a man the favors I offer have little to do with clothes” or “My Ziva, one day you will dance with a man that deserves your love” (and flashes to Ziva dancing with Tony) or “Junior, when are you going to come to your senses and sweep this gorgeous creature off her feet” or “Did something happen in Berlin that you’re not telling me about?” or the hundreds of times they have each asked the other ‘”Are you jealous?” Tiva fans did not write the longing looks that Ziva gave Tony when he was with Jeanne. Or the looks Tony gave Ziva when she was with Michael Locke in “Recoil” or the looks they shared in “Housekeeping” and “A Desperate Man”. Tiva fans didn’t place pictures of Ziva in a bikini on Tony’s wall or a picture of Tony on Ziva’s computer. Tiva fans did not write a jealous Tony who confronted Stan or was worried about Shmiel and the possibility of Ziva having a date for the opera. If Tiva fans had this much power, Tony and Ziva would have been a couple a long time ago. This is something created by TPTB because it draws viewers in. Michael Weatherly himself stated that when they were filming the dance scene in the episode “Berlin” that several crew members and writers were throwing their hands in the air because they were finally getting their Tiva moment. This was a moment that Michael and Cote asked to be shorter than some writers and GG wanted it to be because they wanted to tread lightly. So it seems like GG and some of the writers are the biggest TIva fans. To imply that we, the fans, caused all the Tiva romance in episodes is just plain silly. To those who say we are taking things too seriously, I say to you; I am fully aware that this is a television show. I know that Ziva is a fictional character. I am very fulfilled and happy in my personal life. I do not live vicariously through Tony and Ziva. However, the reason television shows are successful is because people get attached to the characters. If we didn’t have passion for the story lines and the characters what would be the reason for tuning in? I became attached to NCIS because after I moved away from all of my friends that I had been with for 13 years, the show was a constant in my life that didn’t change no matter where I was living. For whatever reason, people become emotionally connected to actors and characters. It does not mean that we are out of touch with reality. I wonder how well those of you, who are huge lovers and advocates of Tony, would be faring right now if Michael Weatherly had all of a sudden decided to leave the show with little or no warning? I am sure that several of you would have started your own campaign in order to keep him on the show and would have whined on these pages about the loss of your beloved Tony. Just because it is a character that you don’t like does not mean that Ziva fans are overreacting or being dramatic. And if we are over the top and too emotional what are those of you who are commenting on how much you hate a fictional character? Doesn’t the ball bounce both ways? I could just as easily say that you are all too involved to be rejoicing in the fact that someone who is not real is leaving a television show. I could say that your hatred for her is just as stupid as our love for her is. I am going to continue to watch the show. I will be sad when I do not see Cote de Pablo’s face or name in the credits but I am not going to off myself or write angry letters to the producers and owners of the show. Change is inevitable but it doesn’t mean that we do not have a right to grieve the loss of a character we loved and admired. Put yourself in our shoes and think about how you would feel about your favorite character leaving the show before you throw insulting comments our way. Thanks.

48. ange says:

I’ll hate to see Ziva go but am willing to deal with it if it means there is no Ziva/Tony relationship. I thought that would have been a disaster.

49. Jean says:

I agree with you completely fan1. You made a lot of sense. I will miss Ziva because I always liked her and lets face it a hinted romance between two attractive people will draw some people. What Ziva haters called “assault” as Ziva put Tony on the ground when he asked her to “take a punch” and her legs were on either side of him. Well lets say that in the UK and in Europe we would call it something else. There are 5 million tiva fans. NCIS Source told me in June. If you look at the difference between Shabat Shalom and Shiva you will see that. I doubt that all of the tiva fans will leave NCIS but I suspect that half will. However I expect that number to be to be replaced. I am rather more concerned about the sixteen and seventeen year olds who are on video tearfully wishing Cote de Pablo all the best but then it is my job to be concerned about people who are upset. Like you said f1 we all watch shows for different reasons.

• Jeox says:

I live in the UK and we’d call it assault here, too, because that’s what it was. It wasn’t sexy, it wasn’t romantic, it wasn’t kind, or nice, or something ‘soulmates’ do. He had a broken arm! She was angry, as usual, and she assaulted him, knocking him to the ground and pulling a gun on him. It was ugly, brutal, and deeply unpleasant to watch. If this is what you call a good Tiva moment then you and I have very different ideas on what constitutes a romantic relationship.

• BJG says:

What is NCIS Source? How reliable are they? How did they come up with 5 million?

• Deb says:

I cannot believe that you think that assault in Israel was a hot, romantic moment. You’re kidding right? Did Tony look oh so happy to have Ziva straddling him, pointing a gun to his chest? Oh, wait a minute. He was grimacing in pain. Up until that moment I was a huge Tiva fan. After that moment, not at all and never again.
      And then she walked away, looked back and he was still lying on the ground, did she show any remorse? Did she wonder if maybe she had hurt him further? Did she care? Nope. She looked pretty satisfied with herself, turned her back on him and kept going.
      You call that love? I call it the biggest mistake Shane Brennan ever made concerning Tiva.
      And you know what? If it had been Tony doing to Ziva what she did to him, that would be the end of him as my favorite character. In fact, he wouldn’t even be in the top 8.
      Call me a hater, but that kind of violence, no matter that the show did its best to pretend it never even happened, should never be condoned or made light of.
      Unbelievable!

50. Fan says:

Wow, it actually took a day before someone broke out the “hater” card. Impressive, although it does make what should be an intelligent, well thought out, and wonderfully articulated response, sound trashy.
    My feeling is, if being a “hater” means I support the cast and crew, and that I’m excited for the new season and the potential for some new and exciting changes and challenges, then I will wear the “hater” tag like a badge of honor.
    I won’t even get into the twisted opinion that the assault in Israel was a se***l experience. That is just too sick and disturbing to even contemplate.