Twin Peaks Audrey

Why Is Twin Peaks' Audrey So Sour? Orphan Black's 'Must' Encore? Should Younger Go There? And More TV Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Power, Everwood, Younger and Suits!

Orphan Black Season 3 Sarah Cal1 | With only two Orphan Black episodes left, which characters — dead or alive — do you hope make an appearance before the show’s end? Hot Paul, Beth, Cal…? (It would be strange if Kira’s dad never popped up again, right?)

2 | Would Twin Peaks‘ Audrey — who always was as cool as the other side of the pillow — grow up to be someone so blowsy and coarse? Also, can we assume that Julee Cruise will play the roadhouse in the finale?

3 | Does any show on TV right now have a better soundtrack than Insecure? And where can we get a Frank Ocean phone case like Issa’s?

4 | In this week’s Power, was Tommy’s murderous stop during his road trip home a beautiful tribute to Holly’s memory… or a terrible move that’ll draw more attention to Ghost’s drug operation?

5 | How hard and long would you have to think to come up with a more irrelevant show to revive than TRL?

6 | Has So You Think You Can Dance barely acknowledged All-Star Jasmine Harper since the Academy episodes began? Also, was Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You” an inspired or terrible choice for Gaby Diaz’s tap routine with her finalists? And if you cut out all of the All-Stars saying things like, “Choosing between these two dancers is so hard!,” would the episode only be 15 minutes long?

7 | Between Casual‘s “Previously On” clip reminding us of their one-night stand and her curiously timed bout of food poisoning, could the show have telegraphed Alex and Rae’s baby twist any louder?

8 | Given the Roseanne and Will & Grave revivals’ sweeping retcons, can we expect any future series epilogue to actually stick?

9 | Doesn’t Miami Vice reboot from executive producer Vin Diesel” read like someone at NBC was playing a game of Reboot Mad Libs?

10 | Are you hoping the Everwood 15th anniversary reunion panel becomes the catalyst for a revival, just as Gilmore Girls’ ATX panel helped usher that show back onto our screens?

11 | Salvation‘s Evil Professor Croft twist: did you see it coming, or was it a solid shocker?

12 | Are we almost seeing more of Suits‘ Jessica now, when she “isn’t on the show,” than in the previous season?

13 | Maybe we don’t follow MMA closely enough(/at all), but wouldn’t Kingdom‘s Lisa dress a bit more badass for her big “coming out” as King Beast’s new boss?

Younger14 | Was The Originals‘ Charles Michael Davis so charming on Younger that you wish the show hadn’t made his character a sneaky bastard? And isn’t it high time the show went there with Charles and Liza? (On a related note, how loudly did you scream at Charles’ impromptu confession to Liza?)

15 | This Is Us is going to find some way to get Sylvester Stallone in a scene with his Rocky Balboa son Milo Ventimiglia, right?

16 | Divergent fans, does it make sense for Starz to develop an Ascendant TV series, or would it be more prudent to start from scratch/the beginning and pretend the first three movies never happened?

17 | Why is every director on Nashville angry and British? (When did this show become Smash?) And is it a good thing Highway 65 finally decided it’s not into brand partnerships, given how poorly two of its musicians have acted on commercial sets in the past few episodes? In other words: Who would even want to partner with Deacon & Co. now?

18 | Did The Guest Book instantly turn you off by casting Community‘s Danny Pudi and Orange Is the New Black‘s Lauren Lapkus as Horndog Husband and Nagging Wife? Given that it’s an anthology series, couldn’t The Powers That Be have picked a more appealing first episode?

19 | Have you seen infomercials with more energy/urgency than Battle of the Network Stars? Also, we continue to wonder: is the “softball” used for the dunk tank real, or hollow? Because it seems to have zero heft to it as it “floats” past the target.

Hit the comments with your answers – and any other Qs you care to share!

1. S says:

18. Yea that wasn’t great. I don’t find Danny funny.

2. Daisy says:

I would always love to see more Hot Paul. I certainly am enjoying having him on Midnight, Texas. That’ll do for now.

3. westwingwolf says:

8. If shows are going to continue reversing their series finales, I want HIMYM to be the next revival.

4. Mary says:

17. I don’t own a record label (heck, I don’t even know how to load songs on my phone) but shouldn’t Juliette have a bit of walking around money by this time in her career that she could invest in Highway 65? And by the looks of the preview for next week, she’s gonna need to get back in their good graces. And was I the only one who optimistically thought that Zach and Branding Girl might be having a come to Jesus moment when they cut to them marveling at the devotion of the crowd at the end of Deacon’s concert? But, apparently not. I was hoping this would be the end of Zach, but perhaps they have a more soul-crushing denouement planned for him next week. And finally, re: Daphne’s troubled gaze at THE HUG: on one hand I don’t look forward to all the drama of Going There, but it is a legit issue that does happen in real families, so I’ll allow it.

5. Katie says:

10. Please let this be the case! Everwood is such an underrated gem that never got it’s due. This show should be on the top of so many more best TV series list and to this day I find that pilot episode to be one of the all time best.

6. modwildtv says:

Wow. Really?
    3) I was literally thinking upon the last viewing how off-putting it was.
    5) Once the only relevant reality show on television
    12) The Jessica stuff is getting weird, to be honest
    13) Maybe you missed it, but Lisa wasn’t celebrating her coming out as King Beast President but mourning the loss of Nate. Badass wasn’t on her mind
    14) Totally disagree that Zane is a sneaky bastard. Go read my review
    16) Totally agree
    18) Not sure the tone of this one came over as you intended
    19) Is anyone really watching Battle of the Network 70s/80s actors?

• CIP says:

19) I am. :-)

• NP20 says:

I am. Want it to come back next summer too. But they have to start filming in front of an actual audience like they used to

• ninergrl6 says:

19. I am. I sit there with a goofy smile on my face for the whole hour (or 45 min cuz I watch it on DVR). It’s so nostalgic and fun.

• :-) says:

19) i watch. With the right guest it’s fun. I think they should renew. Now that people see it more might be willing to try it next year. Maybe they can get a live audience and make it 3 or 4 teams competing. The points are too close. Maybe update a few of the events. All the water events are great. Maybe add volleyball or capture the flag

7. Alex says:

1. Yes, I’d like to see a family reunion before the finale.
    6. This season has been torture. So glad they’re finally getting to start the competition next week.
    14. Yes, it’s about time! Loved that he just came out with it in a moment of pure frustration. Now I hope Liza finally tells him the truth.
    16. Yes, just start over. The 3rd movie was so terrible, I don’t want to see the second half (I hated the ending of the last book anyway). In fact, they should start even earlier – with Four’s story of joining Dauntless. That would make for a better storyline for a series.

8. J.B. says:

IMHO, Orphan Black hasn’t been that good or consistent this season so I wouldn’t mind a brief Hot Paul cameo to distract me for a few mins.
    A Beth appearance in the final moments of the last episode would be a great way to bookend the series.

9. Leeann... :) says:

16. Besides not liking how the 3rd book ended, why bother if Theo isn’t going to be a part of it.

10. V.J. says:

11.) Hm, I wasn´t surprised but I also didn´t see it coming. Every time he was on screen I was reminded of his Shameless character which probably clouded my judgement. I´m really into the series now. I wasn´t at the beginning but I like it (and I love Santiago Cabrera since his Merlin days) so I´ll hope it can save itself as it is a summer series.

17.) Well, but Derek in Smash actually had some what of a heart and if it would turn into Smash I actually would watch it again with more enthusiasm….

11. jr. says:

I have a question/comment about General Hospital. Why doesn’t Ava just use one of those ‘super masks’? She could use one of those, to be herself again.

12. Molly says:

14. If by “went there” you mean Liza telling him the truth, then yes. It’s about time they went there!

13. MattySi says:

I feel like Sherilyn Fenn from Twin Peaks would make a great older Snow White from Once Upon a Time. Just saying.

14. Television says:

16. Divergent. I’m really hoping they start from scratch. New actors. I liked the movies but I didn’t like the cast/actors. The main two. They need to be recast and just start fresh.

15. T.W.S.S. says:

1. I really wanted Gracie and Mark to return, and look how that turned out. Stay away, Cal!

8. Sometimes I like to wait until a show is over to start watching (just started the Good Wife). But it seems like shows don’t end anymore, they go on an extended hiatus.

14. Really hoping Charles learns Liza’s age (and reacts sensibly) before the season ends. It’s time. #TeamCharles

16. A says:

5) can we all get together and vote NSync “I Want You Back” to number 1 video of the day for the first TRL episode back?

17. S says:

#8 – I think we all have shows where we would LOVE to know the epilogue didn’t stick (looking at you HIMYM)

18. Hannah says:

10. Honestly, I never understood why Everwood didn’t have a bigger audience. That show was genuinely wonderful. And one of the reasons was the killer cast. But that’s also probably the reason it won’t get a reboot – that cast is way too busy to get them all back together. Also, Greg Berlanti is juggling production of like 5 or 6 shows right now. Does he have time to write an Everwood reunion?

• canadian ninja says:

I think it was a hard show to hook people with. “Doctor moves his family to a small town” doesn’t exactly convey the show’s strengths. And just telling people the writing is great and all of the character’s are complicated and likeable…well it was enough for four seasons. Such a great show.

19. Jon Willis says:

16. Either let it die or start over. Don’t continue it the first 3 movies screwed up the story and even the fans of the books aren’t excited.

20. mrmcgee says:

6. I honestly didn’t know that was Jasmine until someone this me earlier this week. And I don’t care for the shortened weekly format. We’re already into August and the auditions are going to end up spanning longer than the competition part of the show!

21. K Muck says:

In answer to question #3. Cable Girls on Netflix has the best soundtrack I have ever heard.

22. partisan59 says:

#18 Yes.

23. Rex the Wonder Dog says:

8. Probably Dinosaurs.

24. A fan of TV says:

8. I’m not a fan of any revival, film or TV, that rewrites its own history, unless they’re starting right from the beginning again like the Pine/Quinto Trek reboot. Rewriting a show’s mythology/history just to liven up a forced revival/sequel with the same characters 10-20 years older is, to me, unacceptable. It tells me the revivalists are either lazy or well aware that they told the story, completely, the first time around, and should maybe not move forward with the sequel.

25. drhenning says:

12… It seems that Gina Torres came in for a day in Toronto and shot all those scenes with Harvey used over several episodes…

26. Cynthia says:

#1 In want to see Sarah and Kira’s dad walk off into the sunset and be happy! Also, for the sestras to all live fairly close together.

27. Marie says:

18. I liked some parts of story one. But it was not an impressive premiere. But I love the concept & will give ‘The Guest Book’ a few more chances!