Game of Thrones

Why Wasn't Thrones' Yara Ready for Battle? Casual Flubs the '90s? What Is Once's Regina Up To? And More Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Twin Peaks, Preacher, Casual and Arrow!

But first, some Qs coming out of San Diego Comic-Con:

1 | Does anyone not think that that Morgan saying “I don’t die” in The Walking Dead’s trailer dooms him?

2 | Kansas performing “Carry on Wayward Son” in Hall H: Peak Supernatural moment? Like, how do they even come close to topping that next year?

3 | Who would you award Miss/Mister Congeniality, of the many who passed through TVLine’s video suite? Who unexpectedly charmed you?

4 | We know from Once Upon a Time‘s Season 7 “reset” trailer that Hook is a cop, but what’s your read on Regina: barfly, bartender or bar owner?

5 | Who would you cast as incoming Arrow villain Richard Dragon?

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming:

6 | Was Orphan Black‘s Rachel-focused episode the best of this season’s clone-centric installments?Once Desendants

7 | Who served better octopus, Descendants 2 (above) or Once Upon a Time (below)?

| Power‘s Tasha and Terry: Are you as into it as we are?

9 | Why was Game of Thrones‘ Yara Greyjoy, a seasoned military commander, so unprepared for an attack at sea? And between last week’s bedpans and this week’s greyscale surgery, have you given up on eating while watching this show?

10 | Is The Strain‘s storyline with Dutch being chosen for breeding giving you Handmaid’s Tale vibes?

11 | Neither Twin Peaks‘ Carl nor Shelly used the CB’s push-to-talk button at all, did they?

12 | Until Preacher’s Cassidy revealed the truth, why did we, like Tulip, not even consider the possibility that the 100-plus-year-old vampire wasn’t elderly Frenchman Denis’ son but his father?

13 | Is it really necessary for The Bold Type to keep calling its site the digital site?

14 | For all of Casual‘s era-appropriate product placement, this week’s circa-1999 origin episode got one thing wrong: Alex’s Rubik’s Cube obsession arrived about a decade late, right?

15 | Did any Blood Drive fans notice that Syfy’s Dominion lives on (in some form), on Channel 693?

16 | Did Kingdom completely shock/devastate you with the close of its penultimate episode?

17 | How much you wanna bet that Salvation’s Darius was behind neither the satellite hack nor the reporter getting mowed down? Also, did you groan when a Petulant TV Teen surfaced?

18 | Late Show With Stephen Colbert viewers, can we all agree that Cartoon Donald Trump is the worst, and not at all worthy of a Showtime spinoff?

19 | Are you getting Candyman vibes from American Horror Story: Cult’s bee-centric poster and bald model?

20 | Is Hulu’s deal for the TGIF catalog (including Full House, Family Matters and Step by Step) really complete without Boy Meets World?

21 | Who’s going to call Christina Applegate and make this a full-fledged Green sister reunion?

22 | Why didn’t someone on the Nashville production team register the @maddiejaymesmusic Twitter handle? And didn’t Gunnar’s hometown pal look like Jaimie Alexander’s doppelgänger?

23 | When Zoo‘s Clementine revealed to her captors that she is pregnant — the first human to conceive in a decade! — were you expecting much more of a “GTFOOH!” reaction?

24 | Witnessing the (generally poor) way that Battle of the Network Stars team members play tennis and golf, do you kinda wonder what Hollywood actors do with their free time? Also, who knew that Lorenzo Lamas was now a NYC sightseeing helicopter pilot?

25 | So, The Night Shift‘s Cain is a Secret Doctor and a Secret Firefighter? Also, when is the last time an episode didn’t involve a staffer/friend/loved one getting injured/dying?

Hit the comments with your answers – and any other Qs you care to share!

1. taran63 says:

#20: That was my exact first thought. When I started reading the list of TGIF shows, I kept expecting to read Boy Meets World. And when I got to the end and didn’t see it, I was much less impressed than I would have been if it was there.

2. jj says:

I thought the same thing regarding getting Christina to join Jennifer and Reese

3. padraicjacob says:

7. There was so awkward body positioning in The Descendants 2. They were trying to keep China Ann McClains waist underwater to not show the change from human to octopus, I guess? It was weird to watch and seemed to limit her mobility forcyhe scene.

19. It’s AHS: Cult and I might be back on board this season after the last three feeling lackluster to me.

21. Dear god, this has to happen.

4. Dr.Bombay says:

1. I know it won’t be popular but I hope so. Really tired of Morgan.

6. Yes. Best episode this season though still missing Felix.

9 like all of us she was probably shocked Euron could get those huge ships built so fast.

5. LolaHaze says:

#20: I had grown out of TGIF by the time that Boy Meets World came along so I have never seen it and therefore am not too much bothered by the lack of it. However, a lot of people in the comments section of the original article mentioned Just the Ten of Us and I would love to see that again.

6. T.W.S.S. says:

21. I completely forgot that Reese and Jen played sisters on Friends. But now that you’ve mentioned it, make it happen, show.

7. Ceylan says:

4. I was thinking server?

7. Both had problems imo. And I was really bothered by where Regina’s tentacles started.

9. I don’t think it was that weird. We just had a hailstorm here yesterday (and it was 30 degrees Celsius) and you couldn’t see the car in front of you. I can’t imagine your would fare better at sea after a storm. I think it was pretty misty.

18. Yeah, why?

21. She has to at least be a recurring character.

24. Do we have to wonder? Isn’t there already a stereotype of their recreational activities…

8. kirads09 says:

#4 – OWNER. Regina would own a business in my opinion
    #6 – It was incredible. However, I think the one week before it (due to EVERYTHING that happened in Manacled Slim Wrists that moved the story forward) was slightly better. Both powerhouse eps.

9. mooshki says:

“do you kinda wonder what Hollywood actors do with their free time?”

I assumed drugs?

10. Andrea says:

#15 – Blood Drive. I did catch Dominion. I even rewound my DVR to make sure I hadn’t missed anything else.

11. N.Kyl says:

13. (The Bold Type) Are we going to talk about how Jacqueline their boss keeps “mommy-ing” those girls

12. Sarah says:

4- Owner
    7 – Once
    9 – Plot and yes, since season 1
    20 – Definitely not, but I own the series on DVD so I’m good!

13. Ryan says:

1 – Probably. The events leading to his comics death happened in mid season 6.

14. Luli says:

YES YES YESS Rachel’s episode was incredibleee!!!

15. PatriciaLee says:

4. It’s an easy plotting device to get everyone together in the same room, with comings and goings. 23. They were caught between maybe she was lying to manipulate the situation, i.e. escape or they were turning her over to a real nasty, true as it turned out. They were, probably, more sorry for any kid that might be, than whoopie with joy.

16. Jake L. says:

#20) Hulu’s deal is with Warner Bros. TV, which produced the TGIF shows they dd acquire. Boy Meets World was produced by Touchstone Television (now ABC Studios) and is owned by Disney, which explains its absence. Therefore, if they want to add Boy Meets World, they’ll need to make a separate agreement with Disney. Also, it must be noted that after Disney was disappointed by DVD sales for the first few seasons of BMW, they licensed out the complete series to Lionsgate for DVD, and Lionsgate reissued Disney’s seasons as well as completing the DVD releases for seasons Disney never issued. I’m not sure if that deal would give Lionsgate any rights to the series in a steaming sense — clearly Disney retained the right to produce new material, which is how we got Girl Meets World — but in either case, BMW would be represented by a different studio than WB, and therefore would require a different deal. I was more surprised at the absence of Sabrina, which is from WB,I think.

17. Ahsoka says:

Q. Will Amy Acker’s character from The Gifted turn out to be a mutant?
    If not why we even need this show?

• Roth says:

2nd episode is called “A new WORLD”. In the shows with Amy Acker the word “world” usually means her character. So Caitlin either will die which is unlikely or we’ll find out something interesting about her. I think she’s a mutant. A likeable mom role is too mediocre and simplistic to hire for it someone with Acker’s acting chops.

18. Cathy Murphy says:

#2 Supernatural: Simple, with a 14th season… :)

19. TheDude says:

#9 : Reoccurring theme in my estimation. All the characters that fight and loose consistently end up dying in the end. I think part of the “you’re dying equation” is if you’ve fought and lost a bunch of your own people or those close to you. Queen of Thornes is getting close , she hasn’t won yet and has lost a bunch close to her. IMO.

20. TraceyLynn says:

The question is not how was she not prepared for battle but how did Euron know she was sailing Narrow Sea at that specific time? Come on. He KNEW she’d be sailing because SHE sent a raven to let him know she was coming and just exactly who she had aboard ship. This way she gets the Iron Islands and Cersai gets Allaria sands and Euron gets Cersai. It was planned from the start. Just wait till Dany finds out. I hope she lays waste to the Iron Islands and Kings Landing. “You’re a dragon, be a dragon”.

21. Cynthia says:

#16 I am hoping that he lives through the shooting!

22. Athan Broers says:

#7 write in – Merrin Dungey on OUAT!! SHE WAS URSULA! The Evil Queen stole her identity to trick Ariel.