The Arrow cast and producers weren’t giving away intel about who did or didn’t survive that Lian Yu explosion during the show’s Comic-Con panel on Saturday — but they did drop some scoop about Season 6.
Read on to find out who’s getting the flashback treatment, how Oliver is faring as a dad, who’s the new thorn in team Arrow’s side and more.
* In keeping with next season’s found-family theme, a “villainous cabal” rather than a single foe will torment Oliver & Co. throughout the season. As reported here, Michael Emerson (Person of Interest) will be part of the group, and Anatoly will also return “with a literal vengeance,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim previewed. “You can also expect a really cool announcement [about] Richard Dragon from the comics, who will also be among our villains.”
* Oliver is “not the best dad,” Stephen Amell admitted. “My first day on Season 6, it was all with Jack [Moore], who plays William.” Although the two had shared scenes before, “we had never really acted together, and I was really legitimately nervous. He exceeded my expectations, and I’m loving my scenes with him. But yeah, he’s a s–t dad.”
* Season 6’s occasional flashbacks will be character-specific. In addition to his appearance in the season opener, Manu Bennett’s Slade is “also coming back for a special two-part episode in the first half of the season, where we’re really going to be focusing hard on his character, post-everything he’s experienced on the show,” Guggenheim revealed. “We intend to do a Slade Wilson flashback story.”
* “I’m so excited to be back. It feels like I never left,” returning series regular Katie Cassidy said. “It’s interesting, the dynamic between Black Siren and the other characters. It’s exactly opposite to Laurel or Black Canary.” Added Amell: “You come in like a wrecking ball.”
* As for Vigilante’s mysterious identity, “you can probably expect that whoever is underneath that mask is a face that is familiar to you,” Guggenheim teased.
* Kacey Rohl will reprise her role as Helix hacker Alena.
Arrow Season 6 premieres on its new night: Thursday, Oct. 12 at 9/8c on The CW.