Supergirl The Flash Musical Crossover

Flash/Supergirl Musical Crossover's 'Alternate Reality' Plot Revealed

The Flash and Supergirl will soon have something to sing about — though not under the best of circumstances.

The CW on Thursday evening released the official synopses for the superheroes’ upcoming musical crossover. As previously reported, the special event kicks off at the end of Supergirl‘s Monday, March 20 episode (airing at 8/7c), much as the previous DCTV crossover did (click here for why that is).

The festivities then continue the following night, Tuesday, March 21 at 8 pm, on The Flash, where Melissa Benoist (Kara), Grant Gustin (Barry), Jesse L. Martin (Joe), Victor Garber (Dr. Stein), John Barrowman (Malcolm Merlyn), Jeremy Jordan (Winn), Carlos Valdes (Cisco) and guest star Darren Criss (The Music Meister) will be showing off their pipes.

Read on for the official summaries:

Supergirl: “Star-Crossed”
A new villain (guest star Teri Hatcher) comes to National City, putting Supergirl on high alert.  Meanwhile, Winn’s girlfriend, Lyra, gets Winn in trouble with the law. Maggie attempts to help Winn but old loyalties get in the way.  The Music Meister attacks Supergirl.

The Flash: “Duet”
Barry and team are surprised when Mon-El and Hank Henshaw arrive on their Earth carrying a comatose Supergirl who was whammied by the Music Meister. Unable to wake her up, they turn to Team Flash to save her. However, the Music Meister surprises The Flash and puts him in a similar coma, one that Team Flash can’t cure. Kara and Barry wake up without their powers in an alternate reality where life is like a musical and the only way to escape is by following the script, complete with singing and dancing, to the end.

Flash/Supergirl fans, are you psyched for the musical crossover?

1. I’m still super mad Chyler Leigh is not singing, to be honest. I’ll enjoy it (maybe) but my heart will be sour…

• Lauren says:

Same, but i read somewhere that its because they needed her to anchor the Supergirl episode that Melissa B is “missing” because of crossover, so at least we get an Alex-heavy episode out of it.

• Drewer says:

You can go back and re watch the Grey’s musical episode. She sang a lot in that.

• I’m probably one of 5 people who actually really enjoyed that episode (it was the last episode of Grey’s Anatomy I actually enjoyed).

I wished I could see her singing in Supergirl, because I feel it would be funny?

2. Eve says:

Sounds fun like Changing Chanel’s on SPN

• go back even farther. Buffy’s Once More With Feeling is my all time favorite musical episode.

• safistikaytdlayd says:

Mine too!!! Love it!!! “Life’s a song and we all play our part…”(Gotta go to Netflix and pull up that episode!)All around great musical episode one of the best of the series IMHO!!!

• Brian says:

‘Buffy’ ‘Once More With Feeling’ is the benchmark by which all other musical episodes need to strive to be. It was the highlight of the oft criticized 6th season and everything about it worked to perfection starting with the story. From the singing to the dancing everything worked wonderfully. Having Hinton Battle on board for the episode was the icing on the cake. My favorite line came from Anya (Emma Caufield), ‘And what’s with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for? Bunnies! Bunnies! It must be bunnies! – or maybe midgets.’ I still remember most of the songs. A perfect musical episode for sure.

• dan says:

I still sing the songs from that episode. ”
          Every single day, the same arrangement,
          I go out and fight the fight.
          Lately I can feel a strange estrangement,
          nothing here is real, nothing here is right.
          She’s been making show of trading blows but lately we can tell,
          She’s just going through the motions …
          Wavering somehow …

• wgsecretary says:

Yes! Once More with Feeling is the standard to which all future musical episodes should be held. All of the original songs actually moved forward the plot and were brilliantly written for the characters singing them. I may have to dust off my DVDs and give this episode a watch again soon!

3. Bruce Wayne says:

Great idea for at musical crossover.

Terrible idea for the plot. It is absolutely stupid. They have no powers and our dreaming….dumb!

4. Gift says:

okay…..

5. Cato says:

Scrubs My Musical is the mark to beat in terms of TV musical episodes (for me anyway!)

Shame they don’t have Chyler Leigh in the crossover, she has a great voice and I can’t see how they’ll explain Alex not wanting to go with her sister in a coma?

• QueenB says:

Buffy’s OMWF

• Butch says:

Probably she is needed at work with Hank going with Mon-El. They both have super powers. Maybe they think super powers are necessary to survive going from one earth to another. Another plot hole is why they don’t contact Superman when Kara is unconscious. .

• wgsecretary says:

I think they don’t want to rely very heavily on Superman. I think if they always turn to him, then it will become an issue if he’s the only way her problems get solved. The DEO knows all about alien race health needs. If they can’t fix it, then it probably can’t be easily figured out by Superman either. I liked the appearances by Superman earlier this season. But, I think they are just being very wary of overusing him.

6. Phun says:

Cannot Wait!

7. Thor R Sognnaes says:

Reminds me of Power Rangers Zeo “Another Song and Dance” someone help us all!

8. Flash/Supergirl fans, are you psyched for the musical crossover?
    No, because I hate crossovers and am not much for random musical episodes, but I already watch both shows every week so I’ll be there.

9. Hirsty says:

Think I’ll give this show a miss. The only good thing is Barry and Co getting to meet Hank and Mon-El.

10. Jay says:

Sounds awesome! The cast is talented

11. Jen says:

awesome! hope Grant and Chris have scenes together, both are close friends.

12. JJ says:

So looking forward to see both Grant and Melissa sing and dance. Has been awhile since we last saw Grant dancing

13. JC1 says:

So are they not even going to have Candice Patton singing?

• Tara says:

Can she sing? Besides Chris Wood can sing too but he won’t be. She’ll be in Star Labs worried or something.

14. funnibone31 says:

I don’t even watch this show, but I’ll tune in to hear Jeremy Jordan sing

15. CC says:

Don’t really care too much about the plot for these episodes I’m just excited to hear everyone sing. Hoping Winn and Joe West will be able to show off their wonderful pipes!

16. Butch says:

I am surprised Supergirl told Mon-El and/or Hank how to operated the portal and where she keeps the device that opens the portal.

17. lyta232323 says:

So… at first i thought that it was supergirl who had to go help the flash, but i like this premise… so happy to see mon el and hank with team flash… hopelly with barry too… also im hoping than not only Melissa, Grant and Jeremy get to sing, but i still remain hope for Chris… he sings quite well… so cant wait… im happy that they are doing something different, to keep it interesting but still fun

18. KLS says:

There should be an article about the worst musical episodes.
    Most recently: Royal Pains

19. Cate says:

Sounds fun. Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin’s chemistry definitely lends itself to song and dance. Their Glee years have given them plenty of experience!

20. T.W.S.S. says:

Was really hoping that it wouldn’t be an alternate reality or dream sequence, especially since they’ve done several doppelgänger stories on Flash, and we just saw a magic episode on Supergirl. I’d like a high-stakes musical.

21. Maj says:

UH I THINK THIS IS A PRETTY STUPID IDEA. I like supergirl because it deals with real topics and reality. Not, you know, inconceivable alternate realities. Like, come one. This was coolon shows like Buffy, where magic and witchcraft made a music episode a perfect and hilarious addition to the show. But this is going far off course. Beings that can bend reality at their will, creating an illusion of magic? An alternate universe where you have to sing to get out? I’m sorry, but the places where Supergirl is heading now is not a place where I’d continue to follow it. It has a lot of problems, but this is just ridiculous in my mind. Even though superheroes and superpowers are a fantasy like magic, they have explanations that make sense for a tv show. Explanations that are the basis of the show. The superheroes are aliens, the powers are from the differences between planets. What’s the explanations for this alternate reality? Murphy’s law crossed with theoretical and improbable physics?

22. coola says:

I am only interested in j’onn and mon el interaction with team flash but the music part is a bad idea.

23. Stella says:

I really can’t wait to see my heroes sing n dance.

24. The Flash musical says:

Looking forward to this episode and to see how this talented cast go by singing and dancing.

25. Dan Trigona says:

This reminds me, to some degree, of an episode of Xena from 1998 called “The Bitter Suite”

26. Brigid says:

Sounds like a smart plot. I’m so looking forward to this episode!!

27. Troy says:

I hate musicals it wrecks shows

28. Jason W Mchugh says: