Nashville Death Spoilers

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Big Bang, Bates, Bones, Nashville, Walking Dead, Flash, Once, Grimm and More

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Now that Rayna’s dead on Nashville, is Juliette going to be the show’s lead character? —Roopa
Ausiello: We asked co-showrunner Marshall Herskovitz whether the CMT series was planning to bring on another female to play opposite Deacon or to challenge Juliette. “Yes, the weather is nice today. I just can’t comment,” he responded, laughing. “This has always been an article of faith between [fellow showrunner] Ed Zwick and me, that we feel that the experience of watching a show is altered when you know what’s coming. The most important thing for us is the audience’s experience of the show itself.”

Question: What can you tell us about the new mystery man in Bernadette’s life on The Big Bang Theory? —Doug
Ausiello: He’s a handsome devil, for one. For two, he’s very easy on the eyes. And for three, I wouldn’t kick him out of my bed. All joking aside, he’s kinda cute, right?

Question: Loved the photos and video from your Big Bang Theory set visit. Did you happen to come upon any scoop while you were there? —Darren
Ausiello: As a matter of fact, I did. The episode I was observing — which is scheduled to air on Thursday, March 9 — marks the return of Christine Baranski as Leonard’s mom Beverly. Without giving too much away, the renowned shrink helps Sheldon navigate a personal issue and unwittingly lobs a grenade on her son’s marriage to Penny.

Question: Been wondering about this “theory”: Do you think The Big Bang Theory would ever make Raj and Stuart a couple? Why not… they have good “chemistry”! —Gina
Ausiello: Coincidentally, I observed the two of them getting very cozy on a couch during the aforementioned March 9 episode. (Also, if I catch you OD’ing on the puns like that again I’m going to ban you from TVLine for life.)

normanQuestion: How long will we have to wait before seeing Norman in full-tilt-Norma mode on Bates Motel? —Andrew
Ausiello: We got a little taste of it this week. And per EP Kerry Ehrin, there’s a “substantial amount” of Norman-as-Norma still to come. Speaking of which, how did she react upon seeing Freddie Highmore all decked out in wig and heels the first time? “It was a sheer delight,” she enthuses. “He looked so good and [channeled her] so perfectly literally every time. And when that shot [in the trailer] comes up of him in the wig, I just laugh. I just love it so much. It makes me so happy.”

Question: Any new song scoops for the Once Upon a Time musical episode? —Sheri
Ausiello: Someone has a solo number that is quite… wicked.

Question: I’m so excited to see Teri Hatcher on Supergirl! How much longer do I have to wait? –Camille
Ausiello: Not much longer, Camille! According to executive producer Andrew Kreisberg, Hatcher’s character — which remains shrouded in mystery — pops up in Episode 15. As for whether or not you can expect to see her sharing the screen with former Lois & Clark co-star Dean Cain, Kreisberg says that everyone involved wants it to happen, adding “there’s a plan” in the works.

Question: Any word yet on if/when Calista Flockhart might be reprising her role as Cat Grant on Supergirl? —Avery
Ausiello: I wouldn’t put money on seeing Cat again this season. But if you do, keep the wager under $1.

Question: AnythingFlash you can tease about Iris’ role in the Supergirl/The Flash musical crossover? —Fowsia
Ausiello: “She plays a pretty key role in the musical episode (airing Tuesday, March 21). The story really centers around Iris,” co-showrunner Aaron Helbing tells Matt Mitovich. He then reiterated, “Aside from Barry and Kara, Iris plays a huge role in the musical.”

Question: Got anything on The Walking Dead? —Sam
Ausiello: Although Morgan remains so committed to not killing that he advised Ezekiel not to involve the Kingdom in Alexandria’s looming war with the Saviors, his live-and-let-live policy is about to become even “more of a struggle for him,” showrunner Scott Gimple recently told TVLine. “He thought that he had found [in the Kingdom] a place that worked for him, where he didn’t have to worry about killing or not killing. But in this world, [that issue] always finds him.”

Question: You never give us spoilers on the show with the main character that’s shares a first name with you. Why not show some love to Suits. —Shanna Banks
Ausiello: It sounds like a certain redhead will be at the center of a cliffhanger in this week’s season finale. Teases Sarah Rafferty of Wednesday’s closer: “There’s an ambiguousness, in terms of Donna’s future, on many levels.”

mischaQuestion: It’s been a while since I asked, so do you have any scoop on Dean for the upcoming episodes of Supernatural? —Joanna
Ausiello: Would you settle for something Cas-related instead? No? Too bad, ’cause that’s all I got. If you’re wondering whether Cas killing Billie the Reaper will have cosmic consequences — specifically for the angel himself — you’re not the only one. “As I’m reading upcoming scripts and seeing what’s happening to the characters, I have been asking myself that question, as well,” Misha Collins tells TVLine. “As far as I’ve seen, it’s not resolved yet. But there are a lot of things that crop up that I interpret as possibly having been cosmic consequences of that action.”

Question: I’ve been loving Riverdale, a show which seems to be getting stronger with each passing episode. Any news you’d like to share about upcoming plot twists and turns? —Dave
Ausiello: Lili Reinhart isn’t kidding when she says this Thursday’s episode is a “big” one “for Betty in regards to finding out more about what happened with Polly.” Get ready for several juicy Cooper family twists when we finally get to meet Betty’s big sis. Meanwhile, the introduction of Josie’s overbearing father (played by Reese Alexander) leads the Pussycat to bond with Veronica over their mutual daddy issues. “It’s actually one of my favorite scenes in the show is me and Josie at Pop’s,” actress Camila Mendes shares. “It’s a really sweet girl talk.”

Question: Anything on the final batch of Bones episodes? —Claire
Ausiello: Even though General Radic’s son Kovac has been apprehended, it doesn’t mean Booth and Brennan are out of danger. “You’ll see how he wields his power,” co-showrunner Michael Peterson warns. “That’ll start in [Episode] 11 and really play out in a big way in [Episode] 12.”

Question: Can you give us a hint on when we can expect Felicity’s arc to ramp up on Arrow? —Jenny
Ausiello: Soon-ish. “We really started the season wanting to have her go through some version of her own island in some way,” explains EP Wendy Mericle. “We really wanted to take her to place where she would sort of understand Oliver in a more profound way.” BONUS SCOOP: “You definitely haven’t seen the last of Vigilante,” teases fellow EP Marc Guggenheim.

Blue Bloods Sarah MezzanotteQuestion: I saw Blue Bloods‘ Will Estes posted a picture with Sarah Mezzanotte on Instagram captioned, “My new partner!” What is going on? Where is Eddie? —Trenton
Ausiello: Worry not. We checked into Mr. Estes’ provocative pic and learned that Mezzanotte (Royal Pains) is merely guesting in one episode.

Question: Should fans of Netflix’s One Day at a Time be worried about its renewal chances? I feel like Netflix is usually quick about renewals. —Jared
Ausiello: Netflix doesn’t play by traditional TV rules when it comes to renewals (or even cancellations for that matter). But as I’ve said before, One Day at a Time will be back for a second season. In fact, I’d wager a ten-spot that we’ll hear about a pickup before the next Ask Ausiello drops. (And no, I would never delay an AA column just to be proven right. How dare you.)

This AAnd That…
We’re barely into March out of February and already I have two insane entries for my May Sweeps Scorecard. I usually launch the spoilery beast of a cheat sheet in April, but I may pull the trigger on it sooner. What do you think?
I just caught wind of what’s going down in the Grimm series finale and I’ve got six words for you. The first two are holy and frak, and the last four are The Wizard of Oz.
That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman, Kim Roots and Andy Swift)

1. Mark says:

Pull all the triggers!

2. Liz says:

Thanks for the Felicity scoop. Her “dark” arc is slow going so far (just little hints here and there) but I’m here for it!

3. Angela says:

I’d be all for seeing that scorecard early after that tease! Hmmmm. That sounds intriguing. Hopefully they won’t be insane in a bad way, ’cause otherwise, I’ll be sitting here all nervous :p.
    Loved the “Bates Motel” scoop, too, that’s great to hear! I can’t wait to see what else Freddie HIghmore will do with the whole “Norman as Norma” thing. And I get a kick out of seeing him in the wig and heels, too :D. I love how committed he is to all of this.

4. Mary says:

Barley into March? It’s February 28th.

5. Steve says:

I was literally thinking of the May Sweep’s Scorecard today and how excited I was for it, even though we are months away! The sooner the better!

6. Emily says:

Thanks for the Iris scoop! Cannot wait to see her have an important role!

7. Alexis says:

So excited for the flash musical now. Thanks for the scoop

8. Teresa says:

Rebecca Mader is getting a solo? I don’t know how to feel about that. Depends if she’s a good singer or not. I’ve never heard her sing before so I don’t know. Speaking about the musical episode, I would really like to know what type of songs they’re going to be singing. My hope is that they sing Disney songs, but I doubt it.

9. Luna says:

The Iris West scoop literally made my day. Thank you.

10. fiberlicious says:

Ooooh – questions about shows I watch! Thanks, Michael!

11. Diana says:

That answer to the question about Iris and the Flash musical has made me really excited for the episode!

12. Glory B. says:

“Doubt” was cancelled after only 2 episodes 😟 but I was enjoying Judith Light’s performance in prison and want to know more. Any possibility some other network might pick this up so we may be able to view the remaining episodes?

• Jimmy says:

Judith Light’s name should be changed to Judith Dark. The makeup people did a great job with her appearance. Prison life has been tough on her.

13. Becky says:

I used to hate that you posted about arrow every week but now I love it! Officially converted to team arrow and it is a lot besause of how TvLine always covers it. Had me wondering what the fuss was about. And YES to pulling the trigger early to posting the sweep stakes early

14. Rachel says:

Doesn’t anybody know if the blind item from summer (July) has been answered? “Which drama series may have already been canceled?” Just curious!

15. Jennifer says:

A Bex Mader solo?? Yessssss!! She’s sung at cons and has a lovely voice. She’s also been criminally underused this season so I’m glad she’s getting a moment to shine.

16. Columbus says:

I love One Day at a Time. Excited to hear about Season 2.

17. znachki says:

Great, so the Grimm finale is going to have flying monkees. Damnit Ausiello! Now I’m going to have nightmares for weeks.

• peter says:

i believe is something to do with ”there is no place like home ” maybe nick will be back to his old house ” just hope not with juliette

• Billy Bob Johnson says:

Nick is going to wake up in the hospital and ask how long he’s been out. They’ll tell him a couple of weeks/months, and he’ll start telling everyone about this fantastic dream he had. I’ll throw something at my TV if that happens.

18. Hollie says:

Yes! Give us the scorecard!

19. I just watched Thurs. Nashville why in the name of God did they take off Rayna. She is one of the best actor’s on the show.It better not be true that she’s gone, they need to find a way to bring her back.

• It is true.Deadline posted an article a couple weeks ago that Connies avaible for pilots.Connie wanted to leave ,that why Rayna was killed off.There were reports for months that Connie was leaving after 10 episodes.

20. D says:

Eek you’re worrying me with Grimm!! Really hoping I’m reading too much into Wizard of Oz reference and that it isn’t going to just be that Nick has been in a psych ward all of this time and the people he’s interacted with actually being other patients and/or staff. I mean that would actually probably be pretty funny….

• I’ve been sitting here trying to think of ways Grimm could be similar to/reference/connect to Wizard of Oz. I haven’t really come up with anything yet.

• jp says:

Maybe the end will be like st elsewhere (back in the 1980’s) where Tommy, one of the character’s autistic son is shown at the end with a snow globe of the hospital and the idea is that perhaps it was all part of his imagination around that snow globe. Have to say, despite the crazy ending, one of the best shows ever – catch it if you ever can.

21. ninergrl6 says:

I’ve been meaning to ask about Jamie & Eddie on Blue Bloods. Slowest. Burn. Ever. I was actually hoping Jamie’s “new partner” meant that he & Eddie were FINALLLY moving past the platonic stage & therefore weren’t working together anymore to avoid conflicts of interest. Kind of disappointed that it any the case.

22. kath says:

I’m really looking forward to Felicity’s dark arc. She’s had nothing but prop other character;s storylines since she lost her job last year. So bring it on!

23. Diane V says:

I was so relieved when Nashville was going to continue on CW but now with Rayna’s death I will no longer watch! I like rest o f cast but when I saw they were bringing Rayna ex husband and sister back that was last straw for me!

• Bill says:

I agree. I will no longer watch now that they’ve killed off Rayna. I can’t stand Teddy. Scarlett is very unlikable this season. That music video/hateful British director storyline has been one of the worst in the show’s history. They should’ve stopped the show when ABC cancelled it last year.

24. seller says:

“Female to play opposite Deacon…”??? I plan to keep watching Nashville unlike others who claim they’re done now that Rayna’s gone, but if they bring on another love interest for Deacon then I’m done. There have been a lot of unbelievable storylines on Nashville, but for Deacon to move on in the same season would be the final straw.

25. Hi Michael, have you ever considered doing a November Sweeps scorecard?

26. patrickmaloney33 says:

Please post the May Sweeps Card ASAP!

27. Mare says:

Ask a Dean question and get an answer about another character. Typical Supernatural. And funny how Cas killing a low level Reaper warrants a story for him but killing Death himself means zip for supposed lead Dean. Ridiculous.

28. Eran says:

Err… not to split hairs here but that Nashville spoiler? Not really a spoiler, or much of anything for that matter…

29. “Hatcher’s character — which remains shrouded in mystery — pops up in Episode 15.”

“You haven’t seen the last of Dean Cain. Kreisberg says he’s back in Episode 15.”

How could you NOT have them on screen together!! They’re in the same episode! It must happen!

30. Ralph Olsen says:

Thank you for the update on Riverdale. We think it is the best show on TV.

31. mike says:

That Raj-Stuart bit has got to be one the single most idiotic things I’ve ever seen. Not every single show needs a token gay couple. Especially not this one. If that happens it will have officially (and finally) jumped the literal shark

• Cas says:

I agree. The thing I would find odd is all of a sudden girl obsessed Raj is no longer interested in females? I know he could be bi but that has never really been discussed. So making it happen just because fans want is dumb.

• suzi says:

I agree as well .Making either of them gay after years of no luck with girls is a ridiculous and lazy solution. Both are desperately needy, but have only been attracted to females. The show could easily introduce a gay or lesbian couple on campus if they wanted.

32. dan the critic says:

For the Once musical, I would bring back every major character to sing something: Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Jiminy Cricket, Blue Fairy, Ruby, Dorothy, Jasmine, Robin Hood, Merlin, Arthur, Sheriff, Geppetto, Magic Mirror, Elsa, Anna, Ariel, Neil, Kristoff, Tinker Bell, 7 dwarfs, Granny, Merida, Hades, Marian, Ingrid, Violet, Jasmine, Aladdin, Stealthy, Maleficent, , Zelena, Will Scarlet, Dr. Whale, Cora, King George, Ursula, Mad Hatter, the Giant, Aurora, etc.

33. Doris says:

I really enjoyed Hunted. Will we get another hunt?