Scandal Season 6

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Supergirl, Grey's Anatomy, Bones, The 100, PLL, Scandal, The Good Fight and More

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Any scoop on what will happen between Alex and Jo in the second half of Grey’s Anatomy‘s season? —Camila
Ausiello: I asked Camilla Luddington if we’ll meet Jo’s MIA hubby anytime soon and here’s what she told me: “I think it’ll happen when things are going well between them — because that’s how Grey’s Anatomy works. They’re in such a desperate situation right now, so I don’t think it’ll happen immediately. But maybe by the end of the season.” Bonus Scoop: Next Thursday’s prison-based episode was actually shot on the set of Scandal. “They built a prison for us on the Scandal set,” Luddington reveals of the standalone hour, which finds Jo, Bailey and Arizona going directly to jail to help a young inmate give birth. “We got a little change of scenery.”

Grey's Anatomy Japril SequelQuestion: Any additional details on Grey’s Anatomy‘s #JapriltheSequel? —Kelly
Ausiello: Little Harriet “is very present in the episode — off and on screen,” Sarah Drew tells me. “There’s a scene where I’m on the phone and I’m actually just finishing pumping, which is kind of cool. All the equipment is in the shot. We should see that stuff, because that’s part of what it means to be a working mom. I always advocate for more baby time. Not necessarily having scenes with the baby, but including the baby in conversations and just generally establishing that that [Jackson and April] are aware that they have a baby.”

Question: Could Steve Carell’s tweet about The Office coming back at NBC not be a “typo” but a hint? –Jon
Ausiello: It could not be a typo. But it isn’t.

Question: I’d like some scoop on Criminal Minds, please. —Nabil
Ausiello: If you need your mind eased in the wake of this big Reid teaser, A.J. Cook… probably won’t help matters any. “All of the ‘drama’ that’s happened this year has opened the door to write some interesting storylines, so we’re going with it — and we’re going to shock a lot of people,” she told Matt Mitovich. “We’ve got some very personal stuff happening to some very loved characters, so there will be mayhem within the fandom. But don’t worry, stick with us.” As for JJ herself, Cook would only say this: “Something happens that really rocks her, indirectly. She has a hard time handling what happens.”

Question: Any scoop on UnREAL?
Ausiello: Now that we know who’s playing Everlasting’s first female suitor, how about a little bit on some other new Season 3 characters? I hear the show is casting Jay’s “fiercely gay” boyfriend, Xavier, who is involved in an underground gay hip-hop movement called Sissy Bounce; and Crystal, Chet’s 20-something, sweetly sexy swimsuit model girlfriend who’s not dumb but also not a Rhodes Scholar. Log your casting suggestions in the comments!

Question: Can you give some scoopage on Scandal? Specifically on what Fitz might be up to now that is he is no longer POTUS?—Lindsay
Ausiello: Fitz’s term may be ending, but heavy is the head that still wears the crown. In fact, next Thursday’s season opener hinges heavily on a decision the “lame duck” POTUS must make.

Question: Now that he’s a dad, any chance Howard will track down and forgive his own father for abandoning him on The Big Bang Theory? —Patrick?
Ausiello: Yes, there is a chance. Per showrunner Steve Molaro, that possibility “is always floating around in the ether of the show. We don’t have immediate plans to tackle it, but I’m confident one day we will.”

b-99Question: I’ve just finished watching the winter finale of Brooklyn Nine-Nine — please tell me Gina’s coming back! — Jessica
Ausiello: Indeed, “Gina got hit by a bus!” reminds Stephanie Beatriz, who plays Diaz. “Is she gonna live? Is she gonna die?” Beatriz was mum, but from the sound of it, a reduction in head count could be fortuitous. When(ever) the season resumes, she previews, “Crime is generally down in Brooklyn, which is great, but that means that jobs might be expendable. Precincts might be expendable. We shall see!”

Question: Can someone from Bones tease the meaning of “447” with just one word? —Bethania
Ausiello: How about six? “It has to do with time,” teases exec producer Michael Peterson of the longstanding mystery, which will be solved in the show’s series finale this spring. OK, here come 20 more words: “I think it’s one of the most impactful moments in Booth and Brennan’s life,” adds the EP. “It’s the moment that everything changes.”

Question: Do you have anything to report on the third and final season of The Leftovers? —Antony
Ausiello: The last eight episodes will have you ROTFLOLing. OK, that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but Carrie Coon tells me that in Season 3 “we have a greater appreciation for the absurdity of life,” adding, “I used to joke with [exec producer] Damon [Lindelof] that by the time we got to Season 3 we’d be making a sitcom, and maybe we have. And that’s all I’ll say about that.”

Question:You never answer any of my questions. Trying again! Any scoop on Quantico? — SMOR
Ausiello:
SMOR, it’s your lucky day. Jake McLaughlin says that in the back half of Season 2, we’ll get the full story behind that incriminating murder video featuring Ryan, León and Dayana. “It is talked about, and you’ll find out why all of that happened,” he previews. “You’ll see how it happened.” Bonus scoop: The final moments of Monday’s episode answer one big question… and pose a bunch of other ones.

Question: Will Nick be reunited with Kelly and Adalind before the series Grimm ends? —Ronda
Ausiello:
I can’t tell you that, but I can tell you that there’s someone small, blonde and very powerful who might not be so into that particular reunion happening.

Question: Do you have any spoilers involving Nick’s PTZD (Post-Traumatic Zombie Disorder) on Grimm? I hope this isn’t something that will just be dropped without explanation! —Tom
Ausiello:
I wouldn’t hold your breath, Tom. First, because there’s so much current story to wrap up in the NBC drama’s final 13 episodes that there’s not much time to address stuff like that, and second, because (I assume) you aren’t suffering from PTZD, and holding your breath that long would be hazardous to your health.

scorpion-season-3Question: Will we actually get to see Scorpion‘s Toby and Happy get married this season? —Marla
Ausiello: “We wouldn’t be a TV show without roadblocks,” notes Eddie Kaye Thomas. “But they’ve got some really good stuff planned for the end of the season. The last three episodes will be one long story. It’s something I knew we would eventually do, and it involves the Happy/Toby thing, and then the whole gang gets involved. It’s going to be very exciting.”

Question: Got any scoop on The Fosters? Is Callie going to have a new love interest? I don’t like AJ. —Luiz
Ausiello: Sorry, there’s no new guy in Callie’s life, but she and AJ are going to face plenty of challenges when the Freeform drama returns on Jan. 31, if that makes you feel any better. Aaron is “absolutely” still a source of tension for the couple, executive producer Joanna Johnson tells TVLine. Plus, “as Callie continues to obsessively pursue justice for Kyle, that also wears on her relationship with AJ.”

Question: Can you say something about the relationship between Emily and Alison during the last 10 episodes of Pretty Little Liars? Please, I need some spoilers. — Kate
Ausiello: “We’re going to have scenes together,” Shay Mitchell tells us of the farewell run, premiering Tuesday, April 18. “As far as what the outcome is… that’s the exciting part about all of this. It is the most romantic season, but Emily has also had a revolving door of many women, so it’s kind of a toss-up who she ends up with.”

Question: Can you tell us something about The 100 season 4? Maybe something Bellarke-related? — L. Lopez
Ausiello:
I’m not promising fireworks or anything, but there’s a pretty nice moment between Bellamy and Clarke in the first few minutes of the season premiere, which picks up immediately after Clarke’s victory against ALIE. Let’s just say that a lot went down during that scuffle — and someone has a little gratitude they’d like to express.

Question: Anything on the final season of Reign? — Jen
Ausiello:
I’m not sure what I can tell you without ending up like Lola, but hopefully this will suffice: Reign’s final season opens with a really fun scene that shows off a slightly different side of Queen Mary. Let’s just say things get pretty sweaty… and maybe a little violent.

Question: I’m up for anything on Supergirl. —Kayla
Ausiello: Kara “finds out in a very dramatic fashion that James is the Guardian,” Mehcad Brooks previews. But in Monday’s winter premiere, the Girl of Steel still has no clue that her pal is the crimefighter as the two battle it out… on the page. “I’m writing my article on how amazing the Guardian is and how he stopped the crime, and Kara’s writing her article about Supergirl,” Brooks shares. “We’re having a secret war. It’s just a little funny scene where both of us are trying to push our agendas.”

Question: Can you ask a Zoo cast member to describe Season 3 in four adjectives? —Miss Ellys
Ausiello: We can, and we did! James Wolk met your challenge with “incredibly exciting, all-new,” as the CBS summer series picks up with the season-ending, 10-year time jump. (“I think there was an adverb in there,” he admitted, “but we’ll just take it.”) Wolk also has this to offer for potential samplers: “You can tune in for Season 3 not having seen Seasons 1 or 2, and just jump into it.”

This AAnd That…
Parenthood - Season 6Parenthood revival update straight from NBC president Bob Greenblatt! Essentially, the exec confirms our earlier scoop that the network “talked about [doing] a Christmas movie, but we never really got that far down the road,” adding that series creator Jason Katims “is developing a pilot for us now — we love him. But I don’t see a reunion imminently. Although… you never know.”
The Good Fight will examine the alt-right phenomenon during a Season 1 episode penned by Robert and Michelle King. The hour will feature a familiar-sounding ” gay conservative/libertarian who’s an intellectual gadfly, an articulate, over-educated trickster who regards politics as a mischievous game; he loves causing trouble and sowing discord among his enemies.”
In case you were wondering, this is how I’m coping with a Trump presidency

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Kim Roots, Vlada Gelman, Dave Nemetz and Andy Swift)

1. Jon says:

Wait, so is it a typo, or isn’t it?

2. MMD says:

Michael the best part is how you are dealing with a Drumpf presidency. I laughed til I cried. Now come to Canada. So much tv/movies/films are here that you could probably work here full time and we would welcome you with open arms. :-)

Best part, we have six week elections!

3. Sharona says:

I have to say whenever I see that Ask Ausiello is up I do a little happy dance

4. sarah t says:

Really crossing my fingers for the Parenthood reunion for Christmas (this year). Yes, I’m hopeful. :-)

5. kmw says:

Six huh!!!. That is vague but just interesting enough to wonder what it could be. 447 it seemed to be changes in Booth and Brennan’s life so this could be a job change( at least in terms of what jobs they have in their current buildings) or personal life I cannot believe Bones would give them more kids before finale but if Brennan ended up pregnant and was having twins their family( the family that lives in the house, which here wouldn’t include Parker) would be six but that is a wild guess. But if 447 has to do with time than I wouldn’t be able to guess that at all. Bones really is rocking so far in its last season. Thanks for the scoop Michael.

• Anon says:

Ummm, I think the number six had to do with how many words were in this sentence “It has to do with time,”, because the question was could 447 be teased in one word. I seriously doubt that Brennan will be pregnant this season, although I think in the last episode they left the door open to the possibility of more children at some point (which will be after the series ends.) What I don’t get is this “I think it’s one of the most impactful moments in Booth and Brennan’s life,” adds the EP. “It’s the moment that everything changes.”…is that referring to past events (like the night Vincent was killed) or to some future event?

• kmw says:

I thought for a moment it could be from season six but I don’t remember 447 popping up then. 447 usually means changes in their life. Like I said the pregnancy is a wild guess and probably nor right but what else would be ” impactful) in their life. They have already done a job change and yes they have done two pregnancies but what else would be impactful( without making fans anymore mad as it is with this whole Sully crap) The show runners have already stated they aren’t leaving their jobs so it has to do with their life together and without it having to do with having more children I have no idea what it could be although maybe their is a time jump way forward at the end. Still should be good.

6. Cas says:

Gosh I hate Emily and Alison together.

7. Jason says:

TV line is the first place I’ve seen with a james centric scoop for Supergirl. Good

8. Angela says:

Well, gee, thanks, AJ Cook, for adding to my nervousness. Then again, I remember her talking about how game-changing the season finale where Reid got shot and was in the hospital would be, and all that ultimately ended up happening was Blake leaving the team, so…(I liked Blake, mind, but still, not exactly the most dramatic thing to happen on this show). So hopefully this is just her puffing things up a bit again because that’s what people gotta do when promoting their show’s storylines.
    And now I’m wondering about what will happen that will impact her “indirectly”. Hmmmm.

• jk says:

No one does angst like AJ Cook and look forward to seeing this story line. I just worry about JJ’s husband and kids. JJ has often said to Will “I don’t know what I would do without you”. I hope it deals with Reid’s story line as the characters are like siblings. And to CBS… #Season13 #Episode300

9. Andrew Hass says:

As for Grey’s, i’m sure we’ll meet Jo’s ex sometime this season and maybe he shows up as the season ending cliffhanger.I’m also glad that on Greys’ we’ll see April dealing with been a doctor and a mom at the same time.as for the Big Bang Theory , i’m also sure we’ll meet Howard’s father down the line and that could be interesting.As for the Fosters, i don’t see Callie and AJ lasting and it could be interesting if Callie stays single and just focuses on her life.

10. zoyarose says:

Thank you for answering my Scorpion question!!! However I believe I wrote Toby/Happy in my email. I’m sure that’s an autocorrect issue cause it happens to me at least once or twice a day. 😎

11. Yoko says:

Thank God for Cable TV and Netflix today. Staying off FB so I don’t de-friend anyone. Keeping my head down and powering through.

12. Stacey says:

Thank you for the Supergirl scoop! Looking forward to the crossover with the Flash!

13. Jamie says:

Ah, I quite like AJ. I think he’s a great kid with good intentions, but he’s been dealt a crappy deal, just like Callie. Even if he and Callie break up, I hope we get to continue seeing his relationship with Mike unfold onscreen.

• Marissa says:

right?! I feel like this is definitely one of the more healthy relationships callie has been in, and the actors have great chemistry! what’s not to like?

• Kay says:

I really like AJ, I just don’t like him and Callie together. And I think it’s important that Callie learn how to be alone (in the romantic sense).

14. Phun says:

Looking forward to seeing this scene with James and Kara fighting over their particular stories. :)

15. Ella says:

Thanks for the japril info from Sarah ;)

16. Elizabeth says:

Poor TV line has to deal with Trump. I guess they can buck up just like Republicans had to with Obama.

• parstl says:

It’s not a partisan thing. Even though people disagreed with certain policies of The Bushes Or Reagan, they were respectful to people. President Obama was a class act as was the First Lady Michelle.
      These clowns are petty and narrow minded and mean.

17. Jason says:

There is no way Gina is dead on Brooklyn 9-9. Not unless Chelsea Peretti wanted to leave or the writers went insane. Losing her would be a crippling loss to the show.

18. Temperance says:

Since he’s already violated the Constitution in an impeachable way, I’m wondering if we’ll see the Dems file tomorrow. He’s an embarrassment to his species.

19. Ange says:

Note to Sarah Drew, not every working mom breast feeds or pumps.

• Anne says:

I’m sure she knows that but plenty of moms do and if April is doing it too, I think it makes sense to incorporate that into her scenes with Harriet.

20. Maria says:

James Will is adorable, but without Chloe I’m not interested in new Zoo episodes.

21. Who Dat Diva says:

I’m thinking Nina Dobrev or Ashley Benson for Chet’s girlfriend on Unreal. Can’t wait for S3. Most underrated show on tv.

22. Karen E Simons says:

Will Owen’s missing sister assumed dead ever appear on Grey’s??

23. Kevin says:

The first season of Quantico was the FBI training at Quantico, the second season was at “The Farm” for CIA training. Is it possible that the third season will be at the Ringling Bros. Clown College?

24. Monica says:

Bellarke all we going to get is a hug or a kiss on the cheek i gave up on this ship three seasons ago

25. meleliot says:

“♦ In case you were wondering, this is how I’m coping with a Trump presidency.” I was NOT and just stop already. Don’t BE the problem.

26. Mei says:

I’m so excited for some or any Japril news! It’s been nearly a year since they’ve been given a decent SL or screentime for that matter. It’s a shame we have to wait till march for anything decent. Don’t even get me started on the mess that is Jo, boggles my mind how and why Camilla is on the show when she can’t act. I know Katherine was a diva but man she could ACT! So unfortunate that Jo is the one who has to end up with Alex. Just a mess of a character.

• Rach says:

Lol what a load of rubbish. Of course she can act. Heigl is the worst and good riddance to her. If you were a fan of Alex, why wouldn’t you want him with Jo – she has been the best person for him, they’ve had a solid relationship for 5 YEARS and he’s grown up and changed so much due to her. She has loved him more than anyone else has and supported everything he’s done. And now people hate her because she wanted to protect both him and her herself from her abusive ex? Give me a damn break. Yes she should have told him earlier, no one is denying that, but she was scared for her life, and she was trying to put that part of her life behind her. It was a mistake, does not mean she doesn’t love Alex or is no longer the best person for him.

• Mei says:

I disagree, Jo’s useless and has not been utilized well by the writers. She serves no purpose. I don’t hate her for the situation Alex is currently in, that was all Alex’s fault. I certainly blame her being in a relationship for THAT LONG, when she could not trust Alex with her past. Camilla is the weakest actress on the show, brings nothing. Plus Jo’s been complaining and whiny since season 10. There’s a reason why majority of the viewers don’t like Jo, she’s blander than toast with no butter. Not many people are interested in Jo, why do you think so many fans are still hell bent on Izzie coming back? Katherine could act, don’t deny that. Whether you like her or not, Katherine was a great actress and her chemistry with Justin was phenomenal. Not the same can be said for Camilla and Justin. Plus the writers have not developed Jo an INCH since her introduction back in season 9. She’s either Alex’s girlfriend, complaining about Meredith, complaining about why she’s not the best resident, WHEN SHE’S CLEARLY NOT PUT IN THE WORK like Stephanie has, or talking about how she lived in a car. She pities herself too much, which is why people are annoyed plus Jo’s never been central to any major storyline on the show like the other characters. Not to mention the many inconsistencies of her domestic abuse storyline. How can she testify for Callie’s case back in season 10 without the lawyers figuring about her past but somehow for Alex’s case the lawyers would discover she’s not Jo Wilson?

27. Jmay says:

I love Grey’s, but I hate this storyline. Doesn’t anyone remember that Jo beat her boyfriend badly enough to warrant hospitalization when Meredith gave birth to Bailey during the perfect storm? She did it to protect herself, but still. It’s been glossed over this entire time, not once has anyone mentioned that fact. And after two months of waiting for the winter premiere that was pushed back by a week, we have no resolution to Alex’s fate. The episode centers around Jo, Dr. Bailey and Arizona. Fantastic.