Grey's Anatomy Camilla Luddington Pregnancy

Grey's Anatomy's Camilla Luddington Is Pregnant, But Is Jo? (No, Although... )

A positive pregnancy test would be a fitting bookend to Jo’s tumultuous year, but will Grey’s Anatomy go there? It’s a timely question, seeing as how Camilla Luddington is expecting her first child this spring.

“As of right now they are definitely hiding it,” the actress tells TVLine with a laugh. “The struggle has just started.”

Luddington, however, is quick to point out that there’s still plenty of time for Shonda Rhimes & Co. to change their minds. “We have a lot more episodes to go this season,” she notes, “and these things can get sprung on us at a table read, so I really can’t say for sure if it will stay that way.”

Speaking of Grey’s twists, check this one out: Even though the fall finale ended with Alex seemingly headed for a two-year stint in the pokey, it’s Jo who’s going directly to jail in the Jan. 26 winter premiere. “Jo, Bailey and Arizona go to a prison to help a 16-year-old girl — who’s serving 20-to-life — give birth,” Luddington previews of the show’s delayed return. “There are some funny moments and some scary moments and some really emotional moments. It’s interesting to see how they react in a place that isn’t their usual [hospital] environment.”

The hour also includes some “discussion of Alex,” she teases, although we’ll have to wait until the Feb. 2 episode to “find out his fate.”

What do you think? Should Grey’s Anatomy pull the trigger on a Jo pregnancy now, or wait until things have calmed down a bit for her and Alex? Weigh in below!

1. NC says:

That would be so annoying if they wrote in Camilla’s pregnancy for Jo. They never wrote any of Jessica’s 3 for Arizona, especially during times when her and Callie could’ve had a kid. Writing in Sarah Drew’s made sense because they took April and Jackson’s pregnant story to a heartbreaking place, and then all those years ago when they wrote in Chandra’s for Miranda. It was natural. They’ve had no problem shooting around anyone else’s pregnancies, so why should Camilla/Jo get the luxury? No thanks.

• J says:

And here we have a jealous, petty fan but you are being jealous of the wrong character since Camilla or Jo don’t get any luxury on this show, all they get is being ignored. So why exactly can’t you even grant her a baby when she barely gets any screentime anyway?

• Lizzy says:

Bitter much? Seriously relax-they’re not going to write in the pregnancy but I don’t think it’s much of luxury to be written in…

• Sarah says:

What do you care? Do you expect for Arizona to get pregnant now or for Japril to get baby number two immediately? In which way would it affect you negatively if Alex and Jo were to have a baby now? We fans have been waiting for nearly 4 years for them to get married or have a baby considering that this is Alex’s 13th season. Why does it bother you if they actually got something nice for once after being ignored for so long?

• laurie pearson says:

I agree. Even though I’m around notefor the daytime repeats, like about 9 times! Once “McDreamy”, died, all maincast was Alex, Mer, Miranda, the chief, Owen, couple others, (OK yea, Iknow starting to babble), OK to point, ,Jo has been the only REAL relationship Alex has had since (oh wow, Iknow i’m getting old) I can’t remember the blonde with Alex, cancer! I’m feeling
        , like 2″ small! Anyway, he deserves to have ‘happily ever after'(for now!). So having babyis great! Been watching it over, over again, he’sabout only one never had anything real,seems like havingbabies boost show up when it seemed tthingsgoing south, death, George gone(i thought he was so sweet, and he was kind of handsome, in certain way. So, hey its a great, oneof very few shows any good, even after most main people r gone, give Jo some serious time and reason for being on show. OK the end! Name should have been “Brooke, for “babbling” Brooke! Can ya tell I watch this a long time, cause i can’t work!

• Guest says:

Sure, because Camilla and Jo are the most overrated people who get everything thrown at them on this show. They don’t even bother giving Jo a mentor, that’s how badly they ignore her, and you’re talking about luxury. You come off as bitter and comical, sorry.

• Lauren says:

We Jo/Alex fans have been frustrated since 11×01 due to almost no screentime of them together to a point where most Jo/Alex fans I know have stopped watching because they were so annoyed with how the writers treat them. It would be nice if for once we would get something good but I doubt that Shonda will give them a baby. She treats them so horribly as a couple, I’d be shocked if we got a wedding at all.

• Iris says:

Exactly. In the original cast Alex was always treates like the red-head stepchild, only getting crumbs, and now Jo shares his lot. It wore me out and I didn’t find it in me to watch this season after I understood from the first recap that their big “important” storyline about abuse wasn’t going to happen. Non-writing for a couple is an art at this point, unfortunately not one that I appreciate.

• Andrew Hass says:

One time the actress who played Arizona was pregnant it was during the plane crash and Arizona losing one of her legs.So maybe that wasn’t the right time for Arizona to get pregnant.Sometimes a pregnancy is written in when it fits the story and sometimes it isn’t for a lot of reasons.Plus wasn’t the actress who plays Meredith pregnant during the 6th season and they wrote around her pregnancy.

2. anon says:

When has Shonda ever been good to us Jolex fans that she would give them a baby now? I can’t even hope for anything good anymore because my ship has been ignored for almost 3 years straight. Other couples get screentime and storylines, we have to be okay with them interacting once every 8th episode because God forbid that we see less of Alex’s friendships. He will never settle down or have a family if the writers ignore his relationship but I guess it’s funnier to keep the people guessing if he and Meredith will become a thing? When we all have seen 13 seasons of this show and know that they have a sibling relationship and that even Shonda and the actors have said so?

3. A says:

I wish we would get something like that for once too considering that after Japril (and Webber/Catherine and Ben/Bailey but fans usually don’t care much about them) Jolex are the couple that’s been there the longest. But they get such crappy treatment they don’t even get scenes together let alone a baby.

And yet we have petty haters who feel the need to write that it would be a luxury to write Camilla’s pregnancy in LOL.

4. Mary says:

I wish they’d write it in. It’s a horrible timing and the writers can’t even do a DV storyline justice so I doubt a baby would make matters better, but at least it would be something to look forward to. And Lord knows we Jolex fans need that considering how much the writers have been ignoring them. But I also don’t see how that would work since Alex and Jo do still love each other a lot but IMO won’t have sex again anytime soon. I doubt that they’ll just get back together like that. Only if the writers think they can’t be bothered to keep them apart longer and actually give their break up some screentime.

5. Jake L. says:

Alex and Jo haven’t been intimate in quite some time, so it would be a stretch to write it in unless they suddenly sleep together despite their estrangement (or if she decides to sleep with someone else.) I don’t want to say what Shonda should or should not do, but it would be a stretch to say she’s been pregnant without knowing it since the last time Alex and her were intimate was last season, so if they do choose to go there, she’ll have to be on good enough terms with somebody to do that with them.

6. Andrew Hass says:

I think they’ll hide the pregnancy but Jo been pregnant with Alex’s baby while they are not together could be very interest.However considering that April and Jackson just had a baby maybe it would be too soon for Grey’s to have another couple have a baby.Also Grey’s may already have a story planned for Jo and Alex and Jo getting pregnant would just complicate things.

7. A fan of TV says:

My question is whether or not the show will just leave us all hanging on whether Izzy used the fertilized eggs, since it was such a contentious issue between him and Jo last year. You don’t need to bring back Izzy to bring the kid in. What if the kid is being babysat or whatever by Izzy’s mom, and then you just need Sharon Lawrence to bring the kid to Grey Sloan knowing Alex should know his own kid. Maybe he gets hit by a Jo pregnancy and a surprise kid with Izzy all at once.

• Fabrizia says:

Izzie can’t use the eggs without his consent, so she won’t. KH will never return to Grey’s.

• A fan of TV says:

Sure but this is TV. She could have forged his signature ;) it’s L-VAD liar Izzy after all!

• A fan of TV says:

For me there’s a lot of crazy drama to mine as Jo and others would encourage him to seek legal action of course, but it’s Alex and he would never be able to do it. But ultimately if it doesn’t happen I’m fine with it. At least were not talking about pairing up Karev with Meredith Grey!

8. MAS says:

If you are a fan of the couple why would you want to throw a baby into the mix at this juncture? I liked them together, but everything became such a mess, I don’t even know what I think, but I sure think a baby would make things more difficult. Why would fans think that is a good thing?

9. Dominique says:

oh boy i really hope they’ll stick to hiding her pregnancy until it’s time for her maternity leave. jo is an absolute mess of a character, especially now and writing in a pregnancy would mean that there’s no time to resolve all of jo’s current issues. not to mention this means alex will never get away from her cause he’s not the type of man to leave his pregnant/just-gave-birth girlfriend.
    i realize the fandom is divided when it comes to jo, but this would be a storyline that would make no sense at all.

10. Jamie says:

Oh please please please don’t write in this pregnancy unless the kid isn’t Alex’s. He has enough crap to deal with because of Jo – this is the last thing they need. I genuinely hope they writers let them part ways and start over with new partners. I don’t know how they could trust each other again.

11. Magpie says:

I think they should write the pregnancy in and how Alex and her deal with it. It could finally make him a better man. More responsible. And I also believe Grey belongs with Riggs not Alex. Alex is her go to man , her person.

12. Magpie says:

I think they should write the pregnancy in. I like to see how her and Alex deal with it. How it could make him a better man a calmer person. I also think that Grey belongs with Riggs. Alex is her go to man , her person

13. Julie McClendon says:

Yes I would love to see how that played out with Jo pregnant on the show as well.

14. Jennifer Hicks says:

I feel it would be an interesting challenge with an emotional connection for Alex and Jo having it be a suspence at the end of the season and surprise for the beginning of next season. Alex finally having that dream he has always wanted being a married man and having a son or a daughter of his own.
    With Jo’s other marriage being terminated over time and her unknown husband worked in and worked out in a tactful way, but keeping Jo safe and Alex in control of him self.. showing Jo’s inner strength built up in protection of her new family, to face her fear and take control verses running away from her fears

15. Theresa says:

THe show is called GREY’s not the Alex and Jo show …. the show is going to be primary about Mer and her life.

16. Alex and Jo says:

WHATEVER

17. Rhonda W Nelson says:

I wish they would get married already. But yes hold off out drives supence

18. Debbie says:

I want them to add in the pregnancy, they have been in the background, long enough , bring it out and let’s get this party startex

19. laurie pearson smethurst says:

20. Jodi says:

I love Alex and Jo together. Don’t send him to jail. Add the pregnancy in. The fans love it. It’s more like real life. Shoeing how such busy doctors balance a home life to especially with a new baby or young children.

21. ShonTa' says:

With all the crazy women Alex has had in his lifetime he deserves to have Jo end up pregnant and them get married.