Arrowverse Crossover Spoilers

Arrow-verse Crossover Scoop: Future Barry's Message, 'Intimidated' Sara, a 'Really Wonderful' Coda and More

An intimidated time-traveler, a levitating E.T. and a fanboy vigilante will all come together to fight aliens during The CW’s upcoming crossover between Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow (kicking off Monday at 8/7c).

While visiting the shows’ Vancouver sets, TVLine got scoop from the stars about their characters’ reactions to the out-of-this-world Girl of Steel, Stein and Jax’s secret and more.

HOW BIG IS IT? | “It’s not twice as large, it’s like 32 times [bigger],” Arrow star Stephen Amell says of the four-way event, which required some scheduling heroics. “Our first A.D., Ken Shane, handed me this big piece of paper that was just five straight weeks of where I was going each day,” Amell recalls. “It was hard work. I didn’t have a day off, but there was a spirit of teamwork this year that made it palatable.”

GIRL MEETS (OUR) WORLD | Considering he nearly lost his fries when he first met The Flash, it’s no surprise that Diggle’s interaction with Supergirl is equally entertaining. “I always think it’s fun when Diggle gets to go to these other worlds,” his portrayer David Ramsey says. “He’s really a nuts-and-bolts kind of guy, and metahumans kind of freak him out a bit. So I really wanted to see this whole Diggle/Supergirl reaction.”

Sara Lance, meanwhile, has a crush on the Girl of Steel, as executive producer Andrew Kreisberg previously teased. But the Legends’ captain is also “intimidated by her, at first, because she’s used to being the bad bitch in town,” Caity Lotz previews. “Then all of a sudden comes this alien girl who can, like, levitate and burn things with her eyes. I think [Sara needs to get] over that intimidation and go, ‘OK, I see you.’ She’s impressed by her.”

Someone else who will have a memorable response to the Maiden of Might: Team Arrow’s terrific tech whiz. “You’ll definitely see Curtis go through his paces like any fanboy would,” actor Echo Kellum describes.

Arrowverse Crossover SpoilersBACK TO THE FUTURE | Remember the message that Legends‘ Martin and Jax discovered from a circa 2056 Barry Allen? During the crossover it will get back to the source, when the present-day speedster “finds out” about the voicemail he will one day send, Victor Garber reveals.

SUPERFRIENDS, FOREVER | With the world under attack from the alien race known as the Dominators, there isn’t much time for newbies like Vixen and Citizen Steel to get to know their new peers. “But then at the end of our episode [airing Thursday], it’s really wonderful,” Legends newcomer Maisie Richardson-Sellers shares, “because you see everyone together, sort of celebrating in a sense” — what, you doubted the heroes would triumph? — “and that’s when they begin to chat a bit.” (Suggested conversation starter: How long are you going to nap now that this is all over?)

The crossover event kicks off at the tail end of Supergirl‘s Nov. 28 episode (8/7c), and continues all week on The Flash (Tuesday, Nov. 29), Arrow (Wednesday, Nov. 30), and Legends of Tomorrow (Thursday, Dec. 1).

What are you most excited to see in #SuperFlarrowOfTomorrow?

1. David says:

As someone who only watches Arrow and Flash. Am I going to be wildly confused by watching all 4 parts or are Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow going to be standalone enough for me to understand without necessarily knowing all of the characters?

• bbussey says:

I’d advise watching all four episodes.

• ndixit says:

Majority of the Supergirl ep is a regular Supergirl ep. At the end of the Supergirl ep, Barry and Cisco come fetch Supergirl from her world. I think there will be some ongoing story stuff in the LoT ep but I suspect majority of the ep will be the alien invasion.

• Nichole says:

My understanding is that the Supergirl episode isn’t even really involved other than Barry and Cisco showing up to recruit her. You can probably get away with skipping that all together.

• Mark says:

Legends will be fine because it will be a direct continuation of what was on Flash and Arrow. The Supergirl episode does it’s own thing for about 3/4s of the episode, but none of the DC shows are terribly complicated so you should be able to piece enough together to get through it (plus the “Previously On” recap should give you most of what you need).

• Why not watch all four? That’s the point isn’t it to get you onboard these other shows if you don’t already watch. Will it really kill you to watch 2 40 minute additional shows? You neve know.. you might enjoy them!

• "A" says:

Even though you don’t watch “Supergirl” and “Legends of Tomorrow” ( which you really REALLY should as they are both outstanding this season ) you can surely spare a extra hour and 24 minutes to watch both shows so you’ll get the full block buster movie effect.

The beginning of this story starts on “Supergirl” and the HUGE climatic ending goes down on “Legends of Tomorrow” so I’d advise you watch all four episodes.

• Cordell Garrett says:

They always play short previously on to get you caught up

• spp138 says:

I am absolutely planning on watching all four, but I don’t normally watch LoT. Could someone fill me in on future Barry’s voicemail?

• ndixit says:

There’s not much to it. All we know is that in 2056, Barry sent a message to Rip Hunter and he expressed my asked Rip not tell anyone else on the team about what he was about to tell him. We don’t know much about the content of his message other than the fact he mentioned that war is coming. Since Rip is not around, Stein and Jax accidentally stumble onto the message and have kept it a secret so far.

• wgsecretary says:

Well, I don’t think we can really answer that having not seen the episodes. If I’m remembering correctly, last year’s Flash and Arrow crossover really flowed between the two shows. I’d recommend just watching all four this time around. Certainly, it’s manageable to watch the other two for just one week. The story is starting on Monday and if you don’t watch Legends on Thursday, you’re not going to see how it ends. I’m sure there will be some sort of self-contained elements, but the story is running through all four shows. If you don’t watch Monday and Thursday, you’ll miss the beginning and the end of the story.

2. Phun says:

Cannot Wait!

3. Sasha says:

I honestly want to know if Laure fans will have any closure. Cause we still feel like we wasted 4 years just to see a legacy character fridged.

*i don’t need Olicity fans to reply about how they disagree*

• AB says:

I don’t think we have seen the last of Laurel. She’ll return in some form again.

• Agree with AB. In fact, I think there will be better than closure. Nobody is ver truly dead in the Arrowverse. (And liking Olicity doesn’t require hating Laurel, despite what some fans on both sides seem to think!)

• kath says:

You’ll probably get closure, it sounds like Oliver gets closure with Robert, Moira and Laurel, but knowing this show, it may not be what you want.
      I think the Laurel/Sara scenes should be good though.

• 134sc says:

Hey, Im not an Olicity fan and I disagree. Just cause she was a legacy character, that doesnt mean she was a good character. Their biggest mistake was introducing Sara, because after that Laurel always paled in comparison. They tried to make her believable as Black Canary, but they just couldnt make it work. I admit they took the easy way out by killing her off, but In my opinion they made the best of a bad situation.

• John Andrews says:

I hope that we aren’t disappointed. I’ve been really bummed out that Sara has been closer to the characterization of the comic book version of Laurel (Dinah). The writers really failed with her character for the majority of the show.

4. Shouldn’t Rip know about Supergirl? He said he comes from a time when “Men of Steel” have died.

5. Ben says:

I don’t watch legends. But I am looking forward to watching this crossover. I am also only up to date with the flash, but that’s more of just me not having enough time for all four shows! Can’t wait!

6. Zeus says:

Can’t wait this crossover is gonna make it or break it for many cross over to come let hope amell is right and it’s great. The shows are all alsome this year on there own so it should be out of this world.

7. Joey Padron says:

Good preview about crossover episodes from some of the cast from DC shows. So excited to watch the episodes this coming week!

8. Ms Thang says:

I regularly watch Supergirl, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. After reading the synopsis for each of the four shows, I don’t see the need to watch arrow.