Grey's Anatomy Spoilers

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on This Is Us, Grey's, The Flash, 24, Teen Wolf, Legends, The Walking Dead and More

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: What can you tell us about Sara Ramirez returning to Grey’s Anatomy? —Gloria
Ausiello: I thought I might have an exciting update for you today, but, alas, there’s still no news on that front. My Callie scoop antennae experienced a bit of a jolt earlier this week when I heard through the grapevine that Grey’s is about to go into production on an episode set entirely onboard a commercial airliner as a crisis unfolds mid-flight. (An ABC rep declined to comment.) It’s not clear which of the docs will be on the manifest when said emergency erupts, but given Callie and Arizona’s shared, bi-coastal custody arrangement with Sofia, it seemed like a perfect opportunity to bring Ramirez back for a kickass standalone episode. Sadly, a source close to the actress tells me there are no current plans for her to return. Still, sounds like it’ll be a cool, emotionally fraught episode, especially considering what went down four years ago.

TESSA FERRERQuestion: Can you tell us if Leah is going to be Arizona’s love interest on Grey’s Anatomy? —Ashley
Ausiello: I could, but I’d be lying. This is Arizona’s new love interest.

Question: Where you been? I’m missing my Ask Ausiello! —Beth
Ausiello: I apologize for taking a vacation. It will never happen again.

Question: I need to know more about Jack’s death on This Is Us! How did it happen? —Mala
Ausiello: The answer to your question may be on its way very soon: The NBC drama is casting 15-year-old versions of Kevin, Randall and Kate. And since we know that the trio likely was around that age when Daddy Pearson died, it looks like we’re getting a flashback to the big moment (or sometime near it). I’d advise you to stock up on extra Kleenex, but let’s be honest: If you’re a diehard fan, you’ve done that already.

Question: Any hints about who’s in the hood on Once Upon a Time, killing Emma? —Courtney
Ausiello: Well, if you re-watch that fleeting vision very, very carefully, and take note of the hooded character’s height and build… you will glean nothing, actually. “It was a stand-in used for that scene,” and not the actual actor that will eventually be revealed as wearing the hood, Colin O’Donoghue confirms. As for whether he or any other cast members know the identity of Emma’s killer, if only becayse the Once bosses have made it pretty clear they had someone locked in from go, “We might have an idea…,” O’Donoghue teased, “but we’re not gonna tell you!”

unnamedQuestion: Got any scoop on The Walking Dead? — Jeff
Ausiello: Sunday’s episode (AMC, 9/8c) not only gives us our first real impression of what life is like at the Saviors’ Sanctuary — and a worrisome indication of how Daryl is going to fare there — it also forces us, however reluctantly, to reconsider our opinion of Negan’s henchman Dwight.

Question: What is the latest on Blue Bloods‘ Jamie/Eddie storyline? Will they get together this season? —Deborah
Ausiello: Be sure to RSVP for the Nov. 18 episode, because that relationship starts to heat up when the partners attend a wedding together.

Question: Isn’t How to Get Away With Murder long overdue to have one of its series regulars actually get convicted for a crime? —Mindy
Ausiello: A recent casting notice for a pair of recurring, behind-bars characters makes me think you might be onto something, Mindy. The ABC drama is seeking a fortysomething female to play 14449346_306303469725987_71044Claudia, a “tough, scrappy, lower working-class” inmate searching for connection in her lonely prison life. We’ll also meet Jasmine, a tough cookie in her 60s who’s got no shortage of gravitas; just because she’s a silent loner, though, doesn’t mean she can’t forge bonds with people. Factor in those new characters to the ongoing flash-fowards of Annalise’s “fire night” arrest, and one has to hope Viola Davis looks good in prison orange.

Question: Is there any scoop you can spill about Scorpion? I would love something on Walter and Paige, but would honestly take anything I can get. —Stephanie
Ausiello: As Paige’s grifter mom Veronica (Switched at Birth’s Lea Thompson) enters the picture, she will take a liking to Walter… and a dislike to Tim. Veronica even offers Walter advice on how to woo her daughter. Will he take it? And if so, will it work?

24 Legacy ChloeQuestion: What’s the latest on Chloe appearing in 24: Legacy? —Jeremy
Ausiello: The latest is you maybe probably shouldn’t hold your breath. Unless it’s in protest, in which you should absolutely hold your breath because it’s a most righteous cause and one that I can get behind.

Question: Why are you no longer doing the Ask Ausiello spoilers? —Aimee
Ausiello: Hooray, another guilt trip. Did you coordinate this ambush with Beth?

Question: Even though I love Nathan Fillion, and I know Adam Devine is a pretty busy guy, do you happen to know when Andy will be back on Modern Family? (P.S. I love you and all of your Gilmore Girls scoop!) —Robin
Ausiello: I hear there are no plans for Haley’s soul mate to resurface, although this late-breaking development could possibly change that.

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR SCOOP ON BETTER CALL SAUL, TEEN WOLF, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, FREQUENCY AND MUCH MORE!

1. Whatevah8 says:

Andy HAS to come back to Haley.

2. andrew hass says:

I do think we see Sara Ramirez back as Callie on Grey’s sometime this season even if it’s just for one episode.Maybe Callie comes back to work on a case.

3. Courtney says:

Excited for the Gilmore Girls news on Monday!

4. Cari says:

THANK YOU to whoever asked about Rip Hunter! I’ve been wanting to know when they’re going to address his disappearance, especially since it hasn’t been brought up since the first episode.

• Protege says:

Thing is, i’m kind of getting used to him not being around

• AnnieM says:

Was Rip written out for awhile so that Arthur Darvill could take part in Series 3 of Broadchurch? IMDB lists him as a cast member for some episodes in 2017. In any case, I miss him on Legends. Maybe we’ll find out where Rip is at around the time of the big crossover.

5. Mary Kate says:

So much good scoop!! Still worried about Stiles on 6B….

6. Justin says:

I’ve had my tickets for the Lauren Graham event for weeks and am incredibly excited that you’ll be moderating! Can’t wait!

7. LK says:

If we never talk about Olicity again it will be too soon.

8. John Tufnell says:

Did I miss something? How do we know on “This Is Us” that the kids were around 15 years old when Jack died?

• asf says:

We don’t. And they probably weren’t, if what Kate said in the episode that confirmed Jack is dead refers to her watching that 2006 Super Bowl with her *living* father (and not with his ashes, even then). Since that was 10 years ago, and Kate, Kevin, and Randall celebrated their 36th birthdays at the start of the series, it is more likely that the kids were at least 25 when Jack died.

Either someone has intel that no one else does, or Ausiello made a basic math mistake.

• KSM says:

I think this is based on the fact that it seemed like they were around 15 when Kevin was talking to the widow and she said her son was 15. Also, the Steelers were in the Super Bowl in the early 90s and lost to Dallas because Neil Freakin’ O’Donnell blew it. It was devastating. So they would have been teenagers then.

• LADY_in_MD says:

I’m wondering if Jack got sick when the kids were 15 but didn’t die until they were 25

• KSM- OMFG I have some vague, and some crystal clear memories of that game lmao!! I was a young kid [born in ’89] at my dads apartment while he was watching it and he was, and still is, a HUGE STEELERS FAN! My mom on the other hand, Dallas born! She was never super into football, but she cheered for the Cowboys and so having Steelers Vs Cowboys was just… oh my, the phone calls between her and I so she could “check in and see how I was doing” aka trash talk back and forth with my dad :D [all in good fun, thank goodness my parents pretty much always maintained a friendly relationship!]

TL;DR – I have some vague memories of the actual game & pretty clear memories of my parents being goobers on the phone and then my mom gloating when Cowboys took home the win!

• Urn says:

In the episode where Kate talks about “watching the game with her dad,” remember she is telling Toby about it. And she says she still watches it with her dad and then we saw the urn. In fact, she says she had watched football for a long time but then she watched the Superbowl with her dad after she moved to LA and that was 2006. Therefore, it seems very likely when she talked about the 2006 Superbowl, she meant watching the game with the urn when she was 26.

• ZisforZombie says:

I know – I completely missed that. Can’t that not really be true – since Kate watched the 2006 Superbowl with her dad? Or – was she alluding to the fact he was already dead at that point?

• Alyse says:

There was an interview where they talked about how the big three were 15 when their dad died.

9. kate says:

My general question has been that is Arthur Darvill just no longer a regular cast member? Of the issues with the show last year, while I know Rip was on the list, he was a pretty distant like fourth or so to Kendra, Carter, the Kendra/Ray relationship, and Vandal Savage of things people didn’t like about the show. And then once he started being not openly hostile to the team, he was better. Now, I would never get rid of Nate or Amaya to get him back as Amaya seems to be developing her own relationship with each of the teammates and last night I was struck with this thought, I know they aren’t related, but Nate could so easily pass for a third Lance sibling, not in looks so much, but I could see his personality being the brother to Laurel and Sara.

10. Lara says:

I am cracking up at your job opening. I volunteer to get Aimee and Beth off your case LOL

11. Steven says:

So glad Ask Ausiello Live will be weekly now. Those are so much fun!

12. Mad Hobbit says:

The Flash:How do we know this Wells is not lying,by making them think he is just a flaky idea guy good role to spy on them.he could have the power of visions and saw that they would try to vibe his recorder so he put a planned message on it.

LOT:I wonder why they are writing Rip out: I assume the actor is NOT getting paid for episodes he did not work in. I wonder if there is some kind of behind the scenes issues? To pull from the actors background what we are seeing is like episodes of Doctor Who without the Doctor,just the Companions.

13. E says:

Are you recording the December 1st event with Lauren Graham? It will be awesome.

14. Glad to see you back! Thanks for the supersized article this week! Anxious for the This Is Us reveal. My Kleenex is always on hand during the show!

15. webly3 says:

I’m so excited to see Ask Ausiello Live will be weekly. Hopefully, I will remember to watch.

16. Piper says:

You tagged the fkash but there’s nothing here about the flash.

17. Apolonia says:

Doesn’t anyone else wonder when they are going to promote Jamie on Blue Bloods?? He is way past due and just saying that they don’t want to promote favoritism doesn’t cut it.

• Kathie says:

If Danny got promoted, seemingly without a nepotism problem, Jamie should, too. Then he and Eddie can be together and just have some over-lapping cases without
      actually being partners. They are so cute together.

18. Sharon says:

Why did Brody leave ncis:n.o?

19. David Karev says:

So in clear, Chloe will appear in 24:Legacy ?? Right ??

20. Beth says:

Regarding Jack’s death on This Is Us- didn’t Kate say in a previous episode that she watched a Steelers game with her Dad in 2006? Wouldnt that knowledge combined with the fact that the show started with the 36th Birthday of the Big 3 mean that Jack died when the kids were between ages 26-36 or did I misinterpret the information?

21. akane171 says:

The only thing I don’t want is romantic Stydia. But what I get in every trailer, interview and scoop? Stydia. What I see when I open my fridge? Stydia. Five years of one-sided and not returned crush and suddenly we get big, eternal and mutual love. Great. You know what Teen Wolf producers? You should #remember 5 seasons of your own show.
    I’m regretting my tv show choices ;/

• emily says:

Actually it was 2 seasons of one sided, Lydia started feeling things in season 3. Romantic stydia is definitely coming, so learn to embrace it.

• akane171 says:

Good trying, but it’s only your interpretation. Do you know that kiss in s3 in normal life would send Stiles too ER or simply kill him? A medical fact: you can’t surprise or touch a person who is having a panic attack. Lydia, the genius didn’t know it, right. Say hi to fanservice. And sorry, but in s3 Lydia was single and… she threw herself at the first hot guy she saw and it was not Stilinski. In s4 she was single again but Stiles chose Malia. In s5, she was still single, but wow, has spent more time with Jordan. And the best: Holland, your queen of Stydia, on the last convent said that Lydia WILL slowly and madly fall in love with Stiles. Meaning, she is NOT and never WAS in love with him. So, as I said, the “Lydia started feeling things in s3” is your, incorrect interpretation :) have a nice day and cherish your ship.

• Sam says:

So true. They grew to be amazing friends but there’s no way Lydia ever had feelings for Stiles.

If shes falling for him now she’s back to being the pathetic bitch she was in season 1 and 2. Character regression

• akane171 says:

Thank you! The same goes for Stiles – if he wants Lydia again, it just shows that guys can’t leave behind their old obsessions. Plus, how many times Lydia says ”no” to him in the past? And now she wants him? It shows that girls are stupid, don’t understand their feelings and should just go with the guys who are stubborn enough and don’t get what “no” means, because they will end with them no matter what. Aka trophy princesses. Oh, and if Stiles goes for Lydia, because “he never stopped loving her”, that means he was using Malia all the time, what makes him a dick. That also means, that you can love truly only once, what is idiotic.
        Seriously, Stydia brotop was AWESOME and one of the best relationships in the show. Romantic stydia is going to destroy it for fanservice sake. SAD.

• David Karev says:

Jeff Davis always wanna make Stydia, he just didn’t know when and how but Stydia will have happen at some point. Based on the spoilers, Stydia is happening in Season 6

• akane171 says:

Go and check your data. Jackson was supposed to end up with Lydia but Colton left the show. Jeff wanted to end TeenWolf after FIVE seasons, and the end of season five doesn’t suggest romantic Stydia, not even close. Jeff said more than once that they didn’t know if they should put them together or leave them as friends, because writers were arguing about it and there were no agreement. They played with the trope “they will or will they not” all the time. Jeff also said after 5×10 that Lydia had feeling for Jordan. And also Stiles was supposed to date Erica and then Cora, but they didn’t go for it. So yeah, right. Stydia was planned since s1. No sorry!, Stydia was planned even before Lydia and Stiles were born, because their love is eternal :))))

• David Hartez says:

Clearly you don’t know how to see when a couple is Pure and TRUE LOVE.
            I don’t freaking care about Stydia, but Roschel is just EPIC.
            FOR prove they are one of the most (if it not the most) Perfect and Epic couple of all time, of TV. They are just meant to be together since the beginning and the way that they can’t live without each others it’s so dawn EPIC. They are the heart of the show FRIENDS . Their complicated and psychological relationship make them A LEGEND !!! The way that they are so deeply and purely IN LOVE , it’s so dawn BEAUTIFUL . You seem to be blind.
            Rachel and Ross are each others soulmates, they completed each others, what they have is TRUE and PURE Love. They are JUST SOULMATES !!
            They are amazingly wrtitten, they are PURE. Every scene with them is so much emotions and sensations !!!
            In clear, you are pathetic but it’s your problem. The beauty of Rachel and Ross is here, it’s fact , they loved each others so much, in a way that we can even described and they are Souulmates, their mutual LOVE is PURE and True. They make each others laugh, happy, they are two soul into one other, they totallly completed each others !!! They are JUST SOULMATES !!! Roschel is Epic !!!

• David Karev says:

We ‘ll see, but you know that Rachel and Ross from the show Friends was purely and madly IN LOVE with each others !!!

• akane171 says:

Friendly reminder that Rachel and Ross were one of the most screwed and unhealthy relationships in tv history, but if you want to compare them to Stydia, because I have no idea why you mentioned them, be my guest! :) And yes, I think Ross and Rachel are as much problematic and unhealthy as romantic Stydia :)

• akane171 says:

Ah, I love when stranger people call me blind or pathetic, because I don’t share their love for a ship :)
            You call PURE a ship where guy was obsessively jealous and possessive, whiny like a kicked puppy, sexists, stalked the girl, saw her less than him, sabotaged her job, lied to her more than once, made a list of her flaws, wasn’t honest about his feelings, was not supportive when she got her dream job, didn’t respect her, blamed anyone but himself etc. You know, I see a lot similarities with Stydia :) And ff having a soulmate looks like that, I hope my soulmate doesn’t exist.
            But if you think it is a role model relationship… suit yourself and have a nice life. Kisses from pathetic and blind human being ;*

• David Karev says:

Pathetic, Rachel and Ross were listed as ONE of the best writing COUPLE in the series. It’s PURE and you must be blind or heartless to do not see that !!!

• David Karev says:

Clearly you don’t know how to see when a couple is Pure and TRUE LOVE.
            I don’t freaking care about Stydia, but Roschel is just EPIC.

• David Karev says:

Lydia NEVER love Jackson, She was him just because he was popular LOL !!! The love of her life is Stiles, the Most beautiful relationship in TW

• David Karev says:

Clearly you don’t know how to see when a couple is Pure and TRUE LOVE.
            I don’t freaking care about Stydia, but Roschel is just EPIC.
            The beauty of Rachel and Ross is here, it’s fact , they loved each others so much, in a way that we can even described and they are Souulmates, their mutual LOVE is PURE and True !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Anne Normandin says:

I know that in real life Walter & Page broke up (Scorpion), but they have so few scenes together this year it seems like it’s affecting the show?

23. Teresa Wright says:

Don’t you think Jack on “This is Us” dies of some illness? Because in episode 4, there was a picture of the family with the lady from the pool in the photo — isn’t she a nurse? Maybe she cares for Jack, becomes close to the family, and they snap a photo?

24. David Karev says:

So in clear, Chloe will appear in 24:Legacy ?? Right ?? I need an answer

25. mrs poofles says:

I totally am NOT missing Rip Hunter’s sour puss this year on Legends of Tomorrow. Keep him away as long as possible.

26. Eric says:

Michael…. You’re aloud to take a vacation when you need or want one!

27. Evelyn says:

In Scorpion I really hate Tim and avoid watching the shows with him in it. Do you know if his arc will be over soon?

28. Melanie Mays says:

Love #TWD but ever since Negans arrival it just seems to be down hill. Everything was fine…they did not need someone like him or his baseball bat to come ruin the entire program. Rick need to dispose of him and get in with the show. Losing interest and rates are falling fast !!! Is this the way they plan on ending TWD ?? This is Crazy….Go back to the ORIGINAL WALKING DEAD !!!! LOVE THE ENTIRE FAMILY…FEEL AS IF THEY ARE MINE. Stop the B.S and get rid of the Saviours !! We Went Out Family Back !! Thank You. Mel.sue.mays@ gmail.com