Fall TV Preview
Supergirl Arrow Flash Legends Crossover Spoilers

'Arrowverse' Reacts to Supergirl: Sara's Got a Crush, Oliver Keeps His Distance

When Supergirl crosses over with Arrow, The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow later this fall on The CW, the Girl of Steel will turn at least one head in the superhero collective.

One time-traveling legend in particular is “instantly charmed” by the Kryptonian newcomer, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg reveals. “I think Sara’s got a little crush on her.”

For Arrow‘s Dig, “just when he thinks he’s seen it all,” his mind is blown by an alien encounter that makes his first interaction with a super speedy Barry look like child’s play. (Better hold onto those fries, Dig!)

“There’s a moment where somebody says, ‘This is Supergirl,'” Kreisberg describes, “and they say, ‘What’s so super about her?’ and she just lifts off the ground. Dig’s like, ‘I’m convinced.'”

RELATED CW’s 4-Way ‘Arrowverse’ Crossover to Pit Superheroes vs. DC’s Dominators

But not everyone is so quick to welcome Kara into the superhero club.

“Part of Oliver’s journey in those [crossover] episodes is he’s kind of hit his breaking point [in terms of] things he’s willing to accept,” Kreisberg explains. “He’s had Mirakuru soldiers and the Lazarus Pit and magic and Damien Darhk. Flying aliens who can incinerate you with their eyes, it’s one beyond the pale for him. He’s keeping his distance, which is a very Oliver thing to do. Kara sort of comments, ‘Does he not like me?’ and Barry’s like, ‘No, that’s kind of how he treats everybody.'”

Personally, the Green Arrow is keeping Supergirl at arm’s length, but professionally, the costumed crimefighters band together with their friends to fight an alien race called the Dominators, making for an “exciting” and unprecedented team-up.

“Every time I get those dailies and we see them all together, it’s insanity,” Kreisberg raves.

Which character interactions are you most looking forward to seeing in the #FlarrowGirlofTomorrow crossover?

1. Seun Fayiga says:

So is Sarah all about her sexuality this season? Because in Legends episode 1, she had a love scene with Queen of France and then she was going to be hung for sleeping with women in Salem when Rip sent her back in time.
    Now she’s gonna be crushing on Supergirl.

Anyways i’m actually just excited about the new characters, Vixen and Commander Steel. Wanna see what they bring into the game.

• LYNN HARRISON says:

It was disgusting it I fast-forwarded as fast as I could she’s my least favorite character on the show kids can’t even watch the show . It’s not necessary to throw in all that sex it is a superhero show on TV.

• Joshua Cravens says:

umm have you even watched where all this began….you know Arrow? this all has been far far away from being for kids……soooo don’t care if you think your kids can’t watch it bc it’s not for them.

• Nickey Boyer says:

AMEN!!!!!!! Yeah, I’m inclined to agree with L.H. on this one. That’s the problem with TV today, so much is just being shown like, all the time, that they leave nothing to the imagination anymore! Just another sign of the times! Father God have mercy on all of our souls!

• Sam W says:

Don’t get why your kids can’t watch it, they don’t show anything graphic. I mean it’s only two women kissing.

• Nickey Boyer says:

Yes, & that’s enough! I used to think the way you do, but after reading what the Word of God clearly condemns as a sin for a man to be laying with another man & a woman laying with another woman, I know the truth for myself now! It is an abomination!!!

• CJ says:

It’s a sin to eat pig. It’s a sin to swear. It’s a sin to even judge one another as you are doing now. Facing the facts, We live in a sinful world. To some the bible reads differently than others as much of it is spoken in metaphor. So where you may see same-sex relations as an “abomination” others will see it as just another sin. It is television after all and the show wouldn’t run if people didn’t watch.

• Mary says:

I truly hope you’re kids learn how hateful you are and get away from you. But, sadly they will probably end up being the type that beat to death a homosexual because mommy taught them that it was bad.

• James says:

Typical of a PC leftie who thinks un-natual human relationships are the normal thing. Take that LGBT garbage and shove it because that’s not hate or bigotry it’s Biblical and Natural order of things.

• William says:

Typical of a PC rightie to spout things he doesn’t understand while pretending to be intelligent.

First, homosexuality occurs in the animal kingdom as well, so your claims of it being ‘unnatural’ immediately fall flat there.

Secondly, who gives a damn if it’s ‘Biblical’ or not? There’s no such thing as god, let alone the arbitrary one that you and your tiny brain happen to have a boner for.

Oh, and before you come back and try to pigeon-hole me, I neither lean to the left or the right politically speaking. Such fragmented thinking is laughably outdated. I’m also heterosexual and don’t like seeing homosexual stuff either. But the difference is that I don’t presume that my own prejudice/taste is in any way reflective of a ‘natural order’. It’s not and neither is yours.

• Nickey Boyer says:

Don’t listen to the devil’s lies, Lynn Harrison. You just keep fighting the good fight just the way you’ve been doing! I personally myself don’t mind being around people of a certain sexual orientation who prefer the same sex over another, but it’s not my place to judge & it doesn’t mean that I have to condone it or go along with it. Heck, I don’t even like using derogatory terms to describe them for something other than who they really are…which are people. But again, it’s not right!

• Noneofyourbusiness says:

Oh for God’s sake. The good fight is against bigotry like yours. The reason the Bible says those things is because it was written by ignorant people thousands of years ago.

2. Jason says:

I love the idea of Sara being the Capatain Kirk of Legends. Making time with beautiful women across every time and demension.

• GeekWithFanGirlSkills says:

While I love the idea, I hope it proves to be beautiful women and men, human and alien across every time and dimension. A female Jack Harkness, only more bad-ass.

• Nickey Boyer says:

Alright, Captain Kirk. Let’s keep it in your pants, man!!!

3. The Kaibosh says:

Here’s your chance CW. You have a real connection to the holy trinity on your network now. What you’ve always wanted. The big red S on one of your main shows. You found a loophole around the ban. This isn’t Bat-Arrow or “I’ve seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall” or some other lame stunt worm it in. Don’t screw it up.

• I think the Superman “loophole around the ban” wasnt really a loophole. I think the whole deal was that they wanted to establish them in film first with a movie or two before TV can use them. Plus it helps that Geoff Johns, who is now a co-runner of the DCEU also wrote for the Arrowverse.

Wonder Woman was going to be getting a show titled “Amazon” back before the Flash was made (It has since been cancelled) and Aquaman before Arrow. Batman has had several references already, Wayne Tech, Oracle, Gotham etc. Still we don’t really need the Trinity for a Justice League to work, plus they’re sort of overrated. They’ll just form a team out of the guys they’ve got, with Supergirl, Arrow and Flash being the trinity.

Though that might be a little hard seeing as how Superman and Supergirl still exist on a separate Earth. Their teamups would always have to be a multiverse thing unless this 4-show (3-night) crossover merges them.

• thunder239 says:

Ummmm Superman and Supergirl are on the same Earth and saying the original Trinity with Batman is overrated is ridiculously silly.

• superman and super girl are on a different Earth, watch season 2s cross over it explains it as barry allen doesn’t know of aliens and Kara doesn’t know of the Arrow or the Flash who are pretty big heroes on their earth, where superman is a pretty big hero on Karas earth, he ran so fast he went to a different earth, its something that Earth 3 flash [Barry’s dads doppelgangar] can do and has done this season on the flash to talk to barry

• herman1959 says:

Ditto, that issue was settled last season.

• Ken Barrette says:

You may want to reread what thunder239 said, again. He stated that Superman and Supergirl were on the same earth. He never once stated that they were on the same earth with Barry Allen or Oliver Queen. So to get to the point, Superman and Supergirl are on the same earth but not on the earth the rest of the superheroes we watch from the CW.

4. Ashley says:

I’m most interested to see Sara interact with characters from the other shows, and also interact with Oliver again.

5. Joey Padron says:

Good scoop about crossover episodes. Excited to see and see interactions with all of characters in episodes!

6. Rendezvous says:

Olny issue with this is that Diggle should not be too surprised to see what Supergirl can do considering he has already seen Vixen/Maurie do the same things…especially flying…

• Shaun says:

Vixen is magic,not alien.

• Rendezvous says:

And your point…? Kara may be an alien but she looks like a perfectly normal human…Diggle will not care about the fact she is an alien because she looks normal….what he will care about are her abilities…of which the only one that should be new to him is laser vision…and in the end even that shouldnt surprise him that much because team arrow has dealt with a meta with laser vision before and that same meta was killed by cold on the flash

• thunder239 says:

The point is it is still a shock to the system. Remember Barry’s shock reaction when they told him shecwas an alien and he asked if there were any other aliens in their world.

• I agree, Diggle has seen a humanoid Shark. He probably wont get used to metahumans any time soon though. I think it’ll just be shock, like he wasnt expecting it to happen, he’d also not believe she’s alien. You’d still have his reaction during the Fightclub 2.0 video though when the Martian Manhunter changed right in front of him.

7. Gailm says:

Its getting confusing. Too much to keep track of, and takes the fun out of viewing. The result may well be a tight small fanfare group, but at the sacrifice of a broader audience.
    And you know what happens when ratings drop.
    Not smart, my take. So I may let them accumulate and binge watch–especially if no renewal. which means my viewing dowdiness count. SEE What I Mean?

8. Mo says:

Didn’t Guggenheim or Kreisberg say the something similar about the last year’s crossover, how awesome it was to see all those heroes together? Because that crossover turned out to be a big dud.

• Patrick says:

Fair enough point. But last year’s cross over failed because it was built around the Hawk People. The characters were badly written/executed, and the actors playing those characters were not impressive. In any way. They basically built a two hour event around the weakest characters/actors in the Arrowverse.

• The characters aren’t really that bad, the actors were a little crappy though.

The crossover should’ve been pushed back to right when LoT was airing that Thursday just to set it up nicely, maybe sometime before this week of crossovers, you could‘ve already established Hawkgirl on the Flash and had Hawkman dead in that timeline. The story could just play out as if Rip Hunter was still trying to kill Savage by himself, believing he doesn’t need a team, he arrives in the present and crosses paths with Green Arrow and the Flash and realises he does need help after all.

The pilot for LoT could’ve continued the fight and ended with the original prologue trailer thing where Arrow and Flash were putting together a team.

9. steven says:

Yep, it’s official. Sara is gay.

• Csb says:

No. Sara is bi, just like she has been since the beginning. Nothing new here.

• rolandixor says:

It’s also official that they need to quit with it.

Mr. Terrific had a wife in the comics. Now he’s gay. Black and White Canary were both straight. Now the straight one is dead and the living one is clearly (annoyingly) gay.

It’s your show, of course, DC/CW – do what you want. But don’t make it such a big deal that you have to be like “SEE?! THIS CHARACTER IS GAY AND WE WANT YOU TO BE REMINDED OF THAT EVER TIME YOU SEE THEM!!!!! WOO HOOOO! ARETHOSEFIREWORKS?!?! SQUIRREEEELLL!!!!”

It’s like they are on drugs. And it’s annoying because it kills the character, and with it, the show.

• Csb says:

Wow! If Sara had been making out with the king of France in the first ep, would you have reacted so strongly to them making her heterosexuality such a big deal? I’m guessing no.

• abz says:

Such stupidity. No, they don’t need to quit with it. Every time Oliver and Felicity kissed or Oliver was in bed with Laurel or another romantic flame or when Barry and Iris kissed, etc., did you get that pissed off? Hell even when Oliver and Sara herself had their own romantic moments or when Sara and Leonard Snart shared a kiss, did you have that reaction? No, you didn’t. You’re just a ridiculous homophobe.
        I haven’t read the comics, but so what if Mr. Terrific is gay and the White Canary is bisexual on their shows. These shows are being adapted from the comics into a TV SHOW, and I guarantee you that they don’t always follow everything in the comics exactly nor do they have to. The comics are their own thing and nothing in the TV show will change the comics. There’s nothing wrong with them wanting to include some LGBT characters on the show. There are plenty of heterosexual characters across all four CW Superhero shows and yet you’re complaining over two characters (and also Mr. Terrific’s romantic life is barely even focused on in the show compared to other characters). Again, so juvenile and stupid.
        You do know that Greg Berlanti, the creator of these shows and the one responsible for helping to bring them to our TV screens also happens to be gay.

• Nickey Boyer says:

I like this, who is it, Rolandexor, is it?! You clearly & plainly took the words STRAIGHT outta my mouth, man!!!

10. ssj455 says:

I’d like to see a little Sarah on Supergirl action.

11. MattySi says:

I wonder if Superman will be back during the big crossover to help.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Not a chance. This is to let Supergirl interact with the other heroes. Superman would just take away what screen time Supergirl has with them.

12. Jack says:

Yes! Supergirl is my guilty pleasure and to see Sara want to get all over that… I can’t wait. I love how Legends takes the lighter side of crime fighting :) Sara is definitely my favorite character.

• Nickey Boyer says:

Well, I almost hate to burst your bubble, perv, but you may just have to wait…because it AIN’T gonna happen! Tuff stuff!

13. I would whisper to Kara to tell Oliver to get on the line and chill out

14. Super girl says:

15. cre8tivegal says:

Supergirl’s first episode of season two was meh. I’m giving it a couple more episodes before I stop viewing. Since she doesn’t work for Catco anymore, they can get rid of Cat Grant and Jimmy Olsen. Especial Jimmy. And superman needs to go back to Metropolis.

16. Johnny Styles says:

Is it too early to ship White Canary and Supergirl?

17. Davester says:

I think it’s nice but I also think that the CW are falling into a trap representing. A bi woman as if she was gay isn’t good representation. She is bi and since she has joined the LOTs all the people she has liked have been women, she is bi people she likes both