Jason Dohring iZombie

Jason Dohring Books iZombie Arc — What's His Big Bad Connection?

Veronica Mars fan fave Jason Dohring is finally joining the iZombie fray — and he’s got ties to Season 3’s new antagonist.

The actor will recur on Mars creator Rob Thomas’ undead CW drama as Chase Graves, the brother-in-law of Vivian Stoll, TVLine has learned. (For those who need a refresher, she’s the Fillmore Graves CEO who presented a “Are you with us or against us?” scenario to Liv at the close of Season 2.)

Chase — who makes his debut in Episode 8, titled “Eat a Kinevel” — is also a member of the Fillmore Graves hierarchy, meaning Dohring may get his zombie wish.

Thomas has more than once expressed his desire to have Logan Echolls’ portrayer on the CW series. “I’d just been emailing Jason, saying, ‘We’re going to find something great for you this year,’ and then he got cast in The Originals, and I sighed heavily,” Thomas told TVLine last September. He can also be seen discussing the subject in the below Comic-Con video.

Dohring — whose other credits include Moonlight and Ringer — isn’t the first Veronica Mars alum to appear on iZombie. Enrico Colantoni, Percy Daggs III, Ryan Hansen, Daran Norris and Adam Rose have all done guest spots, while Kristen Bell made a voice cameo.

iZombie is slated to return midseason.

1. sarah t says:

Seriously, this just made my Friday. Looking forward to this! Woohoo!!

2. Wordsmith says:

I just need to say again that Fillmore Graves is the best name ever for a private military company.
    Really, all of the names on the show are seriously on point, though. Liv Moore, the lovable zombie? Love interest Major Lilywhite? A crime boss literally named Mr. Boss? Priceless.

3. Finally! Can’t wait! Dohring is such a nuanced, charismatic and underrated actor who deserves his own show. I missed him on my screen, and I’m so glad to finally see him in something I can actually watch. He’ll make a great big bad, I’m pretty sure of it. And I keep my fingers crossed for Rob Thomas to book him in his new upcoming show as well. JDoh makes great vampire, RT! Just sayin’…

• Shaun says:

he was on The Originals last season for a stint.

• lulu says:

well..why is he not hired in big projects..why ?? This guy has rare talent, he really can play subtlety..i don’t get it.

• Lindsey says:

Lulu, unfortunately, it seems like a lot of people don’t get subtle acting. I’ve seen people say other actors are bad because they are subtle. I much prefer actors who can say everything with their eyes/faces than over-the-top actors, but it doesn’t seem like a lot notice those ones.

• lulu says:

To me it depends (theater actor can be over-the-top but great for example) but for Dohring he can be expressive AND subtle..it is rare..like you said, he can say everything with his eyes/face..When you watch a scene he is on, you watch him above all..even before most of his scene-partners, who are not bad, don’t get me wrong, but less charismatic..He has the same ‘it’ factor than a movie actor like Ryan Gosling for exemple..and Ryan has a real carreer so i don’t get why it is not the same for Jason..I know in this business it is above all about ‘connections’ before talent and charisma..yet, it is so unfair..unfair for the viewers !!

4. Josh says:

Let’s hope we don’t get another “LoVe” overtaking with him becoming the “second star” of the show because shippers are super vocal and don’t care if they absolutely ruin a show by removing it’s heart and soul(i.e. Veronica Mars, season 3!)

• lulu says:

Oh please, it is not the same show, he will play a recurring character..and he was awesome on Veronica Mars..so get over it..eyeroll…

• Sarah says:

You seem super bitter about LoVe. They weren’t even together most of season 3 so I don’t see how they could have ruined the show. Were you just upset they kept him on the show after they broke up? I mean I always thought season three struggled because their mysteries were generally weaker that season and they had to spend so much time establishing new characters and a new location and trying to decide how to age the show into college without losing the quirkiness of the teenage detective and all on a newly formed network. But hey you want to blame an actor for being one of the main characters for a third year in a row for the downfall of a show, sure that makes sense.

5. ZinniQ says:

Great, I love him!!

6. lulu says:

Cool super cool but i am still don’t understand why he is not hired for lead on tv show or in movies..i don’t get it..this guy is really talented and has rare charisma..it is the scientology bs..who cares, he should be hired for his talent for pete’s sake !!

7. Pia says:

Totally forgot that he was on Ringer. I was remembering recently how great the first few episodes were, before the other Buffy came back.

8. Sharon says:

Yes!! So excited!!

9. Paula says:

I wish Jason Dohring would land the lead role in his own series! I don’t watch any shows on the CW (just not drawn to any of them these days). Still hoping for another Veronica/Logan reprise because I loved the reunion movie!