Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Arrow, Grimm, Big Bang, Once, Empire, Flash, Chi Fire, Gilmore Girls, New Girl and More

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: I’m curious about the mention of a boyfriend for Arrow‘s Felicity (in TVLine’s Comic-Con video). She’s supposed to be so traumatized by Havenrock that she has pretty much shut down and is focusing on work as a vigilante, but she’s also dating? Seems odd. —Morgan
Ausiello: Yes, Felicity is laser-focused on keeping Team Arrow alive, in some (new) form. But as such, no one can fault her for welcoming, after a “long day,” a shoulder massage at the loft from… well, you’ll see.

r1303593_17859723Question: Do you have any scoop on the final season of Grimm? —Jordan
Ausiello: Frankenstein is coming! Allegedly! (j/k, there definitely is a Frankenstein ep. coming up.)

Question: Do you have any Once Upon a Time spoilers that concern “Snowing”? —Lyss
Ausiello: In addition to the well-reported drama to be drummed up by the Evil Queen, Snow and David will at least attempt to get a better bead on their own “happily ever after,” now that Neverland, memory wipes and Hell are behind them. In Season 6, “They’re back in Storybrooke, trying to make a life for themselves there,” says co-creator Adam Horowitz, “so we’re trying to dig more into what daily life is, what normal is.” And as that regards the princess and prince, “In an early episode, you’re going to see Snow White ask the question, ‘What is normal? And how do we get back to it?’ That’s something that she and Charming strive toward.”

Question: What’s next for Empire‘s Jamal? —Evelyn
Ausiello: As previously reported, Juan Antonio is joining the cast as Philip, a PTSD support-group leader and love interest for the middle Lyon son. But don’t be surprised to see an “It’s complicated” label next to the potential couple’s relationship status. “It’s an interesting and very specific love story for Jamal, and it becomes a love triangle” later in the season, says EP Ilene Chaiken. Just because the situation is fraught, however, doesn’t mean it won’t be hot. “We don’t shirk any opportunity to be sexy. There will be plenty of sexy Jamal,” she insists. Any chance the third part of Jamal’s triangle will be his polarizing Season 2 hookup, Alicia Keys’ Skye Summers? “The one thing I’ll tell you,” Chaiken responds, “is that Jamal is not going to be fooling around with any girls this year.”

Question: I don’t remember Empire‘s Shyne Johnson being such a scary dude last season. What gives? —Robby
“It was intentional that we introduced Shyne as an amusing character. He wasn’t a comic presence, but somebody who could feel a little buffoonish,” Chaiken says of rapper Xzibit’s character, who crashed Hakeem’s wedding with a pair of prostitutes on his arm in the Season 2 finale. “In fact, though, Shyne is formidable, and we learn that quickly. He’s going to complicate things for the Lyons. He’s a part of the history of Lucious and Cookie, of Empire and of the music, and he’s coming back into their lives in a consequential way.”

last_man_on_earth_s03e01_stillQuestion: Loved the Mad Men reunion on Last Man on Earth, but I was even more excited to see Kenneth Choi under the other hazmat suit. Is he a series regular now? —Jeff
Ausiello: Will Forte declined to say when I spoke to him last Thursday, but he did hint that Choi’s Lewis “sticks with us for a while.” January Jones, meanwhile, tells me that the fallout from Betty Melissa killing Don Daryl has yet to be fully felt. “In the premiere, you don’t see much remorse,” she says. “But over the next couple of episodes, she goes through the various stages of grief and becomes unhinged. You see some violent, sort of emotionless behavior, and it’s pretty clear she doesn’t know how to process taking a life. She becomes sort of dangerous and a liability. It’s been an absolute blast to play all of these different levels of insanity, really. I’ve gotten to do some pretty funny stuff.”

Question: Who was that person in Harry’s room at the end of the Quantico premiere? I’m confused. —Sheila F.
Ausiello:
That’s Sebastian Chen, played by 90210‘s David Lim, and though we’ll learn more about him in the coming weeks, showrunner Joshua Safran gave us a little teaser. Sebastian “is a very strong, upstanding citizen. He is a religious person, and he enervates people around him, because he is so good — and not just good, but he’s so smart, and he makes the right decisions.” Safran adds that Sebastian “has such a strong moral center.” Well, for now at least…

Question: What will Jemma’s working relationship with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s new Director (played by Jason O’Mara) be like since her promotion, and how will that interfere with her romantic relationship with Fitz? — Brynna
Ausiello: As suggested in the season opener, Simmons is “kind of enjoying this new level of power, and having to kind of figure out what that means,” says Elizabeth Henstridge. “But I don’t know that she and the director are ‘buddies’ really.” And though the new gig eats into her time spent alongside Fitz, the twosome will be tested by their version of ordinary. “The cool thing is like we’ll have little tiffs, or we’ll have to get over certain things that reflect real life,” says Henstridge, “but it’s so heightened because it’s about LMDs, or saving the world, or ‘Who is this kid with the flaming skull?’ It’s based in reality, but we’re discussing topics that are just so crazy!”

orphan-black-krystalQuestion: I’d appreciate some intel on the final season of Orphan Black, please. —Kelly
Ausiello: In addition to exploring the science of life extension, the final season may also finally offer up some answers about Kira’s strange connection to the sestras. “That has been a enduring mystery, and I’ve always liked the fact that whatever is up with Kira, it’s something that Sarah can’t quite face,” co-creator Graeme Manson tells us. “She’s hasn’t been able to face it or address it because she’s just a little kid. She doesn’t want her to be special or different or chased around or whatever. But I think there’s a reckoning coming this year.” BONUS SCOOP: My favorite clone, Krystal, will be back, and she’ll be sharing scenes with Donnie, Felix and Art!

Question: Do you have any Supernatural scoop? —Joanna
Ausiello: The events of last May’s holy finale “have affected” Rowena, portrayer Ruth Connell confirms, but “maybe not in the way that you think. She’s trying a different tactic. Whether it works or not, remains to be seen.”

Question: Will Raj be dating Emily and Claire on this season’s Big Bang Theory? —Lynda
Ausiello: Affirmative. Even though his clusterfrak of a love life received zero attention in last week’s star-packed premiere, exec producer Steve Molaro confirms, “He is still involved with [both Emily and Claire]. We’ve got to take care of other [storylines] that are in play before we can refocus on things like Raj’s dating situation.”

Question: Will Peri Gilpin be coming back to Scorpion this fall, as the Assistant Director of Homeland Security? —Tess
Ausiello: At this time, there are no plans for the Frasier alum to reprise her role as Katherine Cooper, but that doesn’t mean she might not help the team later in the season.

Question: I’d love any scoops on Tom Cavanagh’s character(s?) or Danielle Panabaker’s Caitlin Snow on The Flash. Is Tom even going to be in the Season 3 premiere? —Rym
Ausiello: There is no sign of nor reference to any Cavanagh characters in the Oct. 4 opener. Meanwhile, having seen the premiere, we can confirm that the scant teases thus far about Flashpoint’s version of Caitlin have been very carefully worded. And it is awesome.

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR SCOOP ON GILMORE GIRLS, CHI FIRE, GOOD WIFE, SUPERGIRL AND MUCH MORE!

1. Andrea says:

A 2-page AA = Awesome!

2. Bob says:

Wait I thought the loft was originally theas why is felicity still living there

3. Nick says:

Krystal is my favorite clone too!

• Joey says:

More Krystal always makes the always-fantastic OB even better.

• Disappointed_In_Shameless_EP says:

But you’re wrong, helena is the best most awesome clone
      period – end of discussion – mic drop – nothing to see

• dman6015 says:

Helena: Where did you come from?
        Sarah Manning: I came out of the woodwork. Where did you come from?
        Helena: God sent me.
        Sarah Manning: Right, so you don’t know, either.
        Helena: You don’t know God.

4. NO Tom Cavanagh in the premiere? That’s just gutting / heartbreaking for all of us fans who’ve been eagerly waiting to see him in Flashpoint all summer long. Seriously disappointing from the producers/writers. (Unless of course your answer is ALSO very carefully worded.)

5. Liz says:

I totally agree with the Arrow question about Felicity having a new boyfriend. It makes no sense and is not something I want to see. I’d rather she deal with the Havenrock fallout. Gross. And I don’t like that she’s living at the loft. Even Emily Bett Rickards thought it was wrong that she still lived there.

6. I feel like Mindy would be a fan of Princess Bride.

• lindsay says:

We already know Mindy is a huge fan of Princess Bride from a s1 Halloween episode. I had the same hope that it’d be the fantasy movie they spoof, but I wonder if they’d revisit it since they already had her boyfriend at the time dress in costume.

7. Rosie S says:

THE PRINCESS BRIDE. AS YOU WISH!

8. Always appreciate the Supernatural scoop! Rowena really did have her eyes opened. A DVD cut scene shows how disturbed she was by Amara just wanting to blot out everything. I’m not even sure if her little “Back to the Future” plan would have worked. Knowing Amara, she’d have probably wiped out everything for all time. Just because.

Looking forward to seeing the Mega Coven witch back on our screens. I’d LOVE to see Mary size her up.

9. AMB says:

The cop is the boyfriend, and Oliver will date someone else later in the season, too. This is all totally predictable tv 101.

• Sara says:

I’m trying to find reasons to hang on to these characters I love but the writers are really tiring me out

• Iris says:

They exhausted my good will so for the first time, I won’t even watch the season opener.

• soonerborn says:

I to will not be watching this season in the past 2 seasons I looked forward to the upcoming seasons but after the last 2 seasons got to stupid to watch they lost me and I have no faith that this season will be any better.

• Liz says:

Yup. I always thought the reason why they gave Felicity a new boyfriend was so Oliver could date too. I don’t understand it. Olicity were so great together and then they threw that lie about his kid at them and it went so messy. It’s sad because they have such great chemistry together. I really enjoyed them until season 4b.

• Sara says:

From the moment they introduced that storyline and the way they addressed it in the crossover, I knew it was going to be a disaster. I was excited about it because I thought it would be a great way to speed up Oliver’s character development. Instead, it turns out that it did the opposite when it comes to Oliver and they only used it to derail a perfectly functioning dynamic with olicity. I doubt we’ll ever see the son again so 4B left me with a bitter aftertaste.

• Liz says:

Exactly. I was cool with the son being introduced and thought it would show another side to Oliver’s character but it was only used to break up Olicity and that’s crap because they didn’t even need to. I don’t know why they can’t just keep them together and let’s focus the storylines on everything else. I don’t need romance drama going into the fifth season of an action based show. So yup I’m bitter too.

• Sarah says:

I’m wondering if maybe Felicity’s boyfriend isn’t what we think. Flash is supposed to have some impact on Arrow with their flashpoint story (Barry altering history and changing the present). Maybe Felicity’s boyfriend isn’t some new love interest. Maybe it’s Oliver where events played out differently because Barry wasn’t the flash and the team never went to Central City and thus Oliver never discover and lied about his kid.

• AMB says:

Nah, it’s not a Flashpoint fakeout. It’s a TV 101 ship stall and an excuse for Oliver to date/bang the reporter and/or the new female vigilante being introduced later in the season.

TV 101, people. Arrow uses all the tropes. Guggie and Mericle are 100% hacks, and if ratings plummet, it’s their fault.

10. Been getting the Story of the Week email and really like it! Thanks to you guys for doing that!

11. steven says:

What about other Grimm scoop like: Is Juliette really Juliette again?

12. andrew hass says:

On Arrow, Felicity having a boyfriend may not be what we think it is.Maybe she’s just dating someone to keep Oliver away from her.As for Empire, i can’t wait to see Jamal finding love but his new love could be hiding a secret and that could be where the triangle comes from.As for Gilmore Girls, depending what the ratings are for those 4 movies there could be more and so maybe not everything is wrapped up.

13. Squirrelly says:

Yeahhhh! More Krystal on Orphan Black! Though to be honest, I’m still wondering about Tony ever coming back. Pretty much a whole episode building him and that mystery up and then…”I’m outta here.” Bummer.

14. ndixit says:

Yeah, I figured that the wording for Caitlin was far too specific to not be intentional. Not surprised by the lack of Cavanaugh in the premiere since it already seems to be juggling a lot.

15. burnscindy says:

No Daily Digest? I really look forward to that every morning. There’s always something I missed.

16. sntindall says:

The cast of Jane have kind of spoiled Michael’s survival, they’ve been snapping/instagramming with him in normal clothes in a lot of different scene situations since they started filming.

Also re: CeCe and Schmidt, I appreciate them not jumping into have kids, but remember many seasons ago when CeCe found out she had to start having kids asap? What happened to that?

17. Larc says:

Still waiting for a resolution on the last blind item. You know, the one about the return of a departed non-CBS character that will be so exciting it will drive viewers to Facebook and Twitter.

18. lena says:

i’m so tired of felicity and love triangles. and felicity.

19. San Summer says:

Very slim pickings on “Supernatural” spoilers apparently! She just gave you an answer that sounds like she said something without actually saying anything.

20. soonerborn says:

Just another idiotic plot point from the mind of Marc Guggenheim for Arrow. This is the same guy that thought it was rom-com material to have Felicity be with a controlling stalking creep and of course the ever popular “baby mama drama” of last season. Now she gets to have a boyfriend while he deals with Havenrock disaster.

21. Isabella says:

Can’t wait to see a good Caitlin storyline. Love her on The Flash. I heard Tom won’t be in Flashpoint at all so he won’t appear until episode 4

22. Jared says:

PLEASEEEE let Felicity get a new BF she actually has chemistry with. The “love” scenes between her and Oliver are ridiculous and painful to watch lol.

23. Abbie says:

Thanks for the flash scoop excited for the show to be back.

24. PhilipDC says:

Sex Pistols were 70s punk, not 80s.

25. Avinash says:

I can’t believe their getting rid of Grimm!!!!!

26. Is that is on Grimm? I need MORREEEEE!!!

27. Amber says:

Noo I don’t want Mouse to leave :(

28. World's Oldest Deangirl says:

If they ever do another biopic on Joan Rivers, may she rest in peace, you just proved with one photo who MUST play her even if she has to walk in a ditch and wear more latex on her face than my last girdle — Christine Baranski!

29. missy says:

The one downside of ‘Big Bang’, aside from the fact that it’s become the Sheldon Show, is that Raj always appears to be an afterthought for Lorre and co.
    How about Raj comes first for once, and everyone else has to be fitted in around his storyline :D

30. Phun says:

Hmmmmm. Curious as to what went on with Hank and Superman in the past. Can’t wait until October 10. Thanks for the scoop.

31. tahonia2 says:

What was the blind item where someone was going to make a cameo that would cause comments galore not on CBS because everyone was guessing MacGyver??