Is FTWD Belle Related to Rick? How Would Night Shift Return? Supergirl vs. Ninja Warrior Course? And More Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Strain, American Ninja Warrior, Zoo and The Night Shift!

1 | On Killjoys, how cool was D’Av’s “Guns on stun, tunes for fun?” FPS-style sequence? On the flip side, how sad were you to see Pawter take a powder?

Beyonce VMA 2016 Performance2 | Beyonce performed that insane 15-minute Lemonade medley after MTV broke protocol and assured her that “Formation” had won Video of the Year, right?

3 | When it came out on Fear the Walking Dead that Madison was a “Southern belle,” how many of you jumped to the conclusion that she was somehow related to — and maybe the sister of — The Walking Dead‘s Rick?

4 | Though we are loving BrainDead‘s sharp political commentary, was Red’s line about going out on Fifth Avenue with a flamethrower — a mocking of Donald Trump’s January “joke” — a little too on-the-nose?

5 | On Power, whatever happened to those rival club owners who stole Ghost’s DJ at the beginning of the season?strain-vodka-delete

6 | Why did The Strain prop masters think it important to denote Eph’s booze of choice as Premium (“The Original”!) Vodka? Do people paying for liquor with stolen meds in a post-apocalyptic society tend to be choosy?

7 | Is it safe to say The Last Ship is oversimplifying how easy it is to swim over to, sneak aboard and seize control of an entire combatant ship?

No Tomorrow Poster8 | Does Match Game casting not realize that a contestant as kindly and reserved as Betty is at a disadvantage in matching often racy answers?

9 | What is going on with this No Tomorrow poster? Why does it look like she’s carrying his head?

10 | If Jessie Graff sticks around as a Supergirl stuntwoman, can we please have a chase sequence that takes Kara through an American Ninja Warrior course? After Flip Rodriguez’s Ninja run, did you immediately go to IMDb to try to figure out who he’s stunting for on Fast 8? And with obstacles like the Broken Bridge (!), isn’t it surprising that no one — even in this week’s national finals — has seriously hurt themselves yet?

11 | Do you think The Fosters‘ Jesus has become a better character this season because of the actor, or because he’s finally being given good storylines (with his dad, girlfriend Emma and sis Mariana)?

12 | Are the parachuting jet pilots a new contender for Zoo‘s worst CGI ever?

zoo-cgi

13 | How will The Night Shift possibly reset if it gets a Season 4 renewal? What could pave the way for everyone to return to San Antonio Memorial? And assuming TC lives, will the show keep him “abroad” or bring him back home?

14 | Were you prepared to see how pissy Mr. Robot‘s Whiterose can get? Also, is it kind of awesome to see Elliot now out and about and regarded, in hushed, reverential voices, as the elite hacker he is?

15 | If only because it’s been established that almost all of them are misdirects, can we forego any further American Horror Story “teasers” and just be told the Season 6 theme now?

16 | Considering that the Duffer Brothers already have titles for all nine of Stranger Things‘ Season 2 episodes, can we assume Netflix unofficially renewed the series months ago?

17 | Did James Corden’s “First Line, Every Line” — in which he and a guest repeat the first line of a song throughout the entire tune — trivagopromptly unseat Jimmy Fallon’s “Hungry, Hungry Humans” as the dumbest late-night segment of all time?

18 | Who at Trivago thinks (A) that men shave and put their belts on at the same time, and (B) that this wouldn’t look stupid in a commercial?

19 | Is it time for that insurance company to retire its overplayed “Moms call at the worst time, it’s what they do” spot?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. kirads09 says:

#12, Yes. They way over played the make sure they know they didn’t want to kill them but…
    #14, I honestly thought for a minute Whiterose would do – well, you know – the other – on that grave. It is great to see Elliot recognized but truly worried for how messed up he seems to be. BTW – I think it is ANGELA knocking on Darlene’s door. She was 100% freaked out by Dom’s visit and the what happened at that other agency. We’ll see I guess.

2. Rachel says:

Hoping they keep The Night Shift around, really loving that show!

3. ljd213 says:

#19 Sorry, I love that spot. It’s one of the few that makes me smile and I don’t FF through.

• KT says:

I’m with you. I despise most commercials, but I sure love that one, especially with the squirrels running around outside. Plus, it totally could be my mom complaining about my dad. Plus, moms really do call at the worst times.

4. Norman says:

#1, Not a great week for the actress. Her character was also killed off in the summer series American Gothic.

5. r says:

Supergirl Q: What brings Lena to National City?

6. Vincent says:

Horrible online news outlet saying random stuff to desperately get people on to site ?

• TV Gord says:

You can’t be referring to this site. This is the best and most reliable TV site that there is. It’s the only one that I check daily anymore, because they strictly stick to TV and not lame gossip stuff that has only tenuous connections to TV.

I normally avoid such troll-y comments, but this one seems completely undeserved.

• Anna says:

Lmao you must be new. This site has everything you need to know about what’s coming up in the world of television much sooner than other sites, and it’s reliable across the board. This is just one column that responds to things that happened on TV in the past week. If you don’t like this one, there are dozens of others.

• MMD says:

I’m with those above and you do have the option to look elsewhere. This is a weekly column that regular readers like and respond to.

This is the ONLY site that I like, the writers are top notch and have accurate information, people who troll do not last, plus it is the only site that I have ever commented on because no-one personally attacks you. If you check out a lot of sites, posters are downright nasty and fighting about something completely unrelated to the article they are posting under. This site doesn’t even have a place to flag people because it isn’t needed.

If you want a smart, fun and intelligent site that respects the readers – welcome. If not, I suggest that you look elsewhere. Have a nice long weekend.

7. dan says:

4) Love Red! Everything he says is hysterical. Too bad more people aren’t watching.
    8) Watched Match Game for the first time last night. It was terrible.
    12) The building collapse is still the worst CGI this season on Zoo. Laughable to see people still walking around the perimeter of the building as it collapsed.
    16) Definitely. And they know that Eleven is returning in some form next season.
    18) There is a back story to that Trivago commercial: many people complained that the spokesperson looked sloppy, etc on the first wave of commercials. I read an article where people said he needed to shave, he should’ve been wearing a belt, his clothes should’ve been more professional, etc. The commercial you’re referring to has to be in response to those complaints.

• MMD says:

I read that too about the Trivago commercial and both the original and this replacement annoy me so much that out of principle, I would never, ever, even in desperation, use Trivago.

• Eric Fischer says:

Ditto! And what made it even more irritating was during the Hulu run of commercials over and over and over again.
        Who the hell was/is the image consultant on Trivago that they think this guy represents some kind of Everyman in the demographic they’re pitching to. And somebody needs to teach him diction so he pronounces word correctly.

8. Jason says:

7) It was definitely oversimplified, but when you’ve only got a little over 40 minutes to work with, that’ll happen.
    10) There actually have been some injuries over the years. An ACL tear being the worst. But that’s sports. I’d wager, with all the padding, it’s safer than football or many other athletic competitions. Plus, these are pretty durable people. Jessie Graf has gotten more banged up as stunt woman than as a Ninja.
    12) Somehow it remains part of the charm of this gonzo show. I’d also say that summer shows get a little less capital to put toward such things. Hawaii Five-0 probably spent more money on a CG elephant for one episode last season than Zoo has spent this whole summer. Though, in Zoo’s defense, they need a lot of CG. They’ve got to spread the wealth.
    16) I don’t know about “months” but I’d say it’s been a while. Netflix likes to space out announcements and releases so nothing gets overshadowed. I also think that the Duffers had started work well before they knew for sure. Probably even before the show premiered. Post release interviews hinted that they already had a firm sense of what was going to happen next.
    18) I was always distracted by the fact that Trivago chose a spokesman who looked like some guy off of a day-time soap opera. But I might have to try the belt and shave thing for myself. Just to see if it’s possible. It would save a lot of time in the morning :)

9. Pia says:

17. Reminded me of the Svantana remix of “Don’t You Want Me,” which happened to resurface in a fairly popular music article this week. It’s on Soundcloud, /user474913625/working-in-a-cocktail-bar

10. Liz985 says:

#18 – Holy cow. That commercial has been running forever. Why is it now on the list?

11. alishamatt says:

Wellll, no…of course Madison is not his Sister, ya forgetting that Rick is from GA and went to school with Shane in GA, she is from Alabama…cousins maybe ,siblings NOPE

12. MMD says:

#15, Good God yes. I always thought that it was Tessa and that everyone had a hand in covering it up, but this is getting freaking ridiculous.

13. Sheila says:

6. For the same reason that fast food joints have packets of “fancy” ketchup?

14. Csb says:

11. I think there is no question that Jesus is a better character because the actor is better. The previous actor had great writing material, and he couldn’t pull it off. I actually think this actor has had less to work with, but he is SO much better.

• Anna says:

Agreed. NuJesus is not only a much better actor, but he has much better chemistry with the rest of the cast, especially the actress that plays Mariana. They actually feel like twins now. I’m so much more invested in his storylines because this actor is killing it.

15. PatriciaLee says:

1. You mean she’s really dead? Bummer, man. 2. The Last Ship simplifies everything, which does pack in a lot of fun plotting. 12. Probably not, since I asked the husband, who is the fan, if he enjoyed that scene with jets and parachuting, “I remember that. It was good.” 14. Nope, but I ended up assuming a lot more happened. 18. Someone thought who would fast forward through this cliffhanger. 19. The husband says, “Please, yes.”

16. M says:

10- there have been at least a few significant injuries on their courses that they’ve disclosed. On one show in a past season they had an er-doc contestant do a shoulder dislocation traction on someone. On another they talked about a badly dislocated knee taking a contestant out for months. Few others. Good that they at least have some realism to balance out some of the superhuman hyperbole. Good show.

18/19 – you’re not gonna mention the Kristen Bell commercials? Played over and over and over during the Olympics? Like her generally, am now worried that the show is mediocre because the commercial makes the show seem weaker every time I see it.

17. Jane says:

I don’t think it matters if Rick and Madison are related. FTWD is still an awful, awful show that should be cancelled already. I’m just annoyed that now to get viewers, they are trying to drag Rick’s good name through all this. You show em whose boss Rick!!

18. fiberlicious says:

13. I don’t care how it comes back, as long as it comes back. Besides, TC has to be immortal with everything he’s survived, right?