UnREAL Jeremy

Is UnREAL's Jeremy Irredeemable? The Most Olympic Heart-Tugger? Your SuperFlash Wish List? And More Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Ray Donovan, UnREAL, The Fosters and Saturday Night Live! But first, a special Olympics interlude:

1 | Doesn’t it seem unfair that the female gymnasts have to navigate the balance beam while a competitor’s loud floor music plays?

2 | We know Olympics fever is upon us, but did we really need to watch Billy Bush get a Brazilian waxing on Monday’s Access Hollywood? Also, doesn’t it seem like NBC is hitting some of the same storytelling points — such as how Kerri Walsh Jennings asked April Ross to be her partner at the London games — over and over and over?Simone Manuel

3 | Which Week 1 moment made you cry harder: swimmer Simone Manuel’s record-breaking/history-making gold medal win in the 100m freestyle, or cyclist Kristin Armstrong clutching her young son and sobbing after taking gold in the women’s time trial?

4 | Were you in pain watching Russian gymnast Seda Tutkhalyan completely fall apart on the floor exercise during the all-around competition?

5 | Can someone explain to us the purpose of Ryan Seacrest’s presence at the Rio games?

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming…

6 | Outcast fans, wasn’t it mean enough that the show had a possessed Megan kill Mark? Did she really have to pull glass out of her dying husband’s neck while he pleaded for help, too?

7 | Is Amazon attempting to outdo Netflix by releasing nine new and returning shows this fall? And does the streaming service run the risk of having its four September launches — including the acclaimed Transparent — go unnoticed by releasing them during the busiest premiere month of the year?

8 | Can we pretend that Sunday’s tedious, series-worst episode of Ray Donovan — which among other things confirmed our suspicions that Hank Azaria’s cloying Cochran is best served in small doses — never happened?

9 | Are you surprised that Fox is actually considering a third season of Wayward Pines?

10 | Is it safe to say that SNL alums Taran Killam and Jay Pharoah will not be on Lorne Michaels’ short list of MVPs that pop in and out on occasion? On that note, will the show call on Fred Armisen to play Obama again? And where does Jon Rudnitsky rank for you in the program’s history of one-and-done players, on a scale from Brooks Wheelan to Martin Short?

11 | Is UnREAL really trying to have Jeremy make amends with Rachel – and viewers – by possibly murdering two people? Why is the show still trying to redeem the character?

12 | How awkward was The Fosters‘ opening this week with Brandon realizing his ex Callie and her boyfriend AJ were having sex in the next room? Did you actually feel sorry for the The Worst Decision-Maker Ever?

13 | YouTube views be damned: With Britney Spears announced as The Late Late Show‘s 11th (!) Carpool Karaoke passenger of 2016, can we agree the show needs to put a pin in the bit, at least for a few months?

14 | As far as human-based Zoo CGI goes, was this mild-mannered open cargo bay door “goodbye” among the worst? (Also, did Jamie really say to Logan just before, “Was any of it real?”? Maybe she was referring to the jumbo jet.)

Zoo15 | Having worked for AllSafe, shouldn’t Mr. Robot‘s Angela have been even 10 percent more adept at coding? And when confronted by the FBI agent about her long bathroom break, why not just claim some TMI stomach bug?

16 | Should CBS have waited to announce Stephen Colbert’s live post-debate Late Shows until everyone is sure Trump is going to agree to the face-offs? And with Jon Stewart signed at HBO, is there any chance at all that he’ll be allowed to appear on Colbert’s possible Showtime supergirl-the-flash-crossoverelection-night special?

17 | Which tune would you love to hear during the Flash/Supergirl musical crossover? (“Born to Run?” Peter Pan‘s “I’m Flying”?) And will you be disappointed if there isn’t an original song titled “An Ode to Ice Cream”?

18 | Anyone else suspect Showtime is holding off on announcing Twin Peaks‘ premiere date to give the unpredictable, quixotic, perfectionist David Lynch a lot of wiggle room in terms of a deadline?beastmaster-delete

19 | How has Marc Singer’s Beauty and the Beast‘s baddie not once referred to himself as “the beast master”? Also, how thoroughly could DHS have searched Graydal if Heather didn’t even have time to make Cat a cup of tea?

20 | Even if Ripper Street and the recent Thirteen weren’t doing well enough to stay in their Thursday-at-10 time slots on BBC America, the move to 6 pm — rather than a new primetime slot on another day — is more than a little bizarre, right?

21 | To the parents of Star Wars-obsessed children, we ask: Did you let your wee ones stay up way past their bedtime to watch the Rogue One trailer Thursday night?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. A. D. says:

#5. What is the purpose of Ryan Seacrest ANYWHERE?

• dan says:

Who is picking his wardrobe? Last night he was dressed like a 14-year-old boy trying to be a hipster instead of a 41-year-old talk show host. I’m not saying he needs to be dressed in a suit and tie, and I understand that his late night Olympics gig is on the beach, but last night he looked ridiculous in skinny jeans and a leather jacket that was too short.

• Jamie says:

I honestly ask that question anytime I see him pop up on screen. But really, why is he here?

2. E says:

11. Jeremy turned from sweet to crazy d-bag so fast my head is spinning. I really liked him in the beginning but the finale left me shocked. I’m excited for the new season to see what happens next which I guess was the point.

3. Kevin K says:

#10 – SNL dumping Jon Rudnitsky for just one season was one of the most shocking cast departures in recent memories and he didn’t get more screen time in some of its sketches and the show has had its share of one season wonders like Michaela Watkins (Season 34), Jenny Slate (Season 35) and Season 39 alums Brooks Whelan, Noel Wells and John Milhiser. As for Taran Killam and Jay Pharoah, I’m happy for both of them moving on from SNL to their respective new shows for Showtime. #13 – the upcoming Carpool Karaoke with Britney Spears should shattered YouTube views looking to surpassed Adele. One notable question that was left out: will Homeland end after eight seasons?

4. leo says:

#15. Hacking and coding are two different things. And also, IT.. Information Technology.. Information.. Lots of information.. LOTS of information..

#1. I don’t understand with olympics, sports,.. Why do people do that? These things don’t advance us as a species. It also doesn’t help to see a gymnastic video where a guy’s feet popped out of his socket.. Ick..

5. Max says:

#5 – I’m not watching late night coverage precisely because Seacrest is hosting.
    #13 – I thought the whole premise of Carpool Karaoke was to have the guest be a surprise. Announcing the guest ahead of time, kind of defeats the fun out of it. And yes, they are piling them on a little too much.
    #15 – I thought the same thing regarding the coding.

6. MissEllys says:

Unreal Season 2 was just a big disaster. And Jeremy….redemption for beating up a woman by killing two other people. Whatever! The whole season was not well done or entertaining.

7. Hollie says:

17- ‘Life in the fast lane’, ‘Superheroes’ by The Script, an all cast version of ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, Charlie Puth’s ‘One Call Away’, Winn and his new gay lover could sing ‘Something to believe in’ from Newsies, or if we’re going for double entendres, ‘All I do is Winn’…. I’ve got a lot of ideas…

Also an unlisted question- has no one on BrainDead noticed the fact that Gareth on is working with the Democrats? He didn’t want to be seen talking to Laurel in the pilot for fear of being blamed for collaboration with them, and now he is not only openly dating her but ACTUALLY collaborating with the democrats!

8. Luis says:

17. Come on – a Melissa/Grant duet on “Defying Gravity!”

9. koopaqt says:

I don’t understand what NBC is doing during this Olympics. I think evening coverage needs to start at 6 pm or 7 pm so people aren’t expected to stay up until midnight if they want to watch Simone Biles and Aly Raisman win gold. It’s just ridiculous. All of the stupid time spent on another tape of Michael Phelps or Simon Biles in the gym. Once was enough. We don’t need to see the same tapes played over and over again. Even watching the medal ceremonies could be saved until the end or put them online and people who are interested can watch it there.

#1 It doesn’t normally even phase them. They are used to all of the loud noises going on in the gym when they are training that they have learned to focus and block everything else out.

#2 Totally agree.

#3 I loved Simone Manuel’s face when she realized that she won gold. She is breaking barriers at this olympics and I love it.

#5 I think they are prepping Ryan Seacrest to take over for Bob Costas or something like that. So they are getting him accustomed to talking about and being at an Olympics games. Similar to how they are training Nastia Luikin to take over for Tim Dagget.

• cuius says:

“stay up until midnight” – try 4.00 a.m. in UK

• Diana says:

Uggggg…yes. Especially when NBC spoils the gymnastic results all over their social media but then doesn’t show the end of the team until 11:55. I didn’t stay up last night to watch the end of the all around because I already knew how it ended (although it is on the DVR so I will be watching it soon). I feel like the Magnificient Seven won their gold much much earlier in the night (since I know I stayed up to watch it and I was 13 at the time).

10. Hdhd says:

FYI.. the gold medal win by Simone was also a tie with another swimmer.

• dan says:

So? It was still a gold medal win and an Olympics record set by both swimmers.

• Kristina says:

Right…so acknowledge both swimmers. The question reads like Simone was the only one who had this accomplishment.

• Aeol says:

Well, great achievement by that swimmer, but when you’re talking about US Olympic coverage and the story is about the first ever black woman to medal in a solo swim event, that becomes the focus of the story.

• Jamie says:

No, the question read like this was a historic win for an American athlete since they are covering the US teams. No one is taking anything away from other winners by focusing on the US athletes on a US website.

11. 9.are you surprised that Fox is actually considering a third season of Wayward Pines? Nothing surprises me about Fox anymore after renewing Sleepy Hollow for an Abbie-less season 4. Good luck with that Fox. And can they change the name to The Crane Chronicles? It certainly is no longer Sleepy Hollow, the tale of the 2 chosen witnesses, Abbie Mills and Ichabod Crane.

12. Jeff hunter says:

Honestly since hearing this News yesterday,I hope the episode is great along lines of “Buffy’s” “Once More with Feeling” Episode!jeff

13. Steve F. says:

#17 – I Ran (So Far Away) would be nice…

14. Allison says:

#3 – Neither. Watching Aly Raisman win the silver medal, as she starts crying as soon as she finished her routine, knowing she had her redemption. (The other options are equally awesome, just didn’t make me cry)

15. Daisy says:

Having worked for AllSafe, shouldn’t Mr. Robot‘s Angela have been even 10 percent more adept at coding? IIRC, she was more like an Accounts Management type person. She knew (and still knows) almost nothing about coding.

16. N says:

#9 Yay for Wayward Pines

17. Emma says:

11. Jeremy has redeemed himself from his douchebaggery with this. Everyone involved in that show is really messed up in some way or another, none of them are “good” people, but there are people I like and he is one of them. I just wish he hadn’t hit Rachel. Not redeemed from that bit.

18. N says:

2) Yes. Asking the same stuff/story telling points is getting old. Why not address why the Women’s Beach Volleyball team is dressed in band aids while the men get to cover up with prim looking shorts and shirts?
    3) No I didn’t cry for either. i cheered. You go, girl(s)!
    4) That was heartbreaking, considering the time and effort she put into her routine. Yeah, I felt bad.
    5) Glad you wrote it here. Seacrest (like his Frankenstein creations, the Kartrashians) is everywhere. Why? Please make it (and them) stop.
    15) So true. Angela should have started talking about having a rumbly stomach or whatever. That would’ve grossed out the FBI agent so the inquiry would’ve probably ended there.
    17) How about Queen’s “Another One Bites The Dust”? Good butt kicker song. Just kidding. Maybe.

19. NP says:

I love watching Kerry Walsh-Jennings but I’m sick of that story.

I did notice the Star Wars trailer was late but in general they are putting too many big events on too late at night. My kids can’t make it that late. I know I saw moments like those when i was younger so it’s clearly a scheduling choice. Start the coverage earlier and put those big moments earlier

20. Cas says:

11. I like Jeremy. And I mean it is just TV so I don’t get too caught up in the fake murder he did.

21. Phun says:

#17. Songs I would like the actors to sing on Supergirl. Some have been played on the show in the background and some of them I like: DREAM ON by Aerosmith, FIGHT SONG by Rachel Platten, HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT by Pat Benatar, TIME AFTER TIME by Cyndy Lauper, JOURNEY(READY TO FLY) by Natasha Blume, COME FLY WITH ME by Michael Buble, DON’T GO BREAKING MY HEART by Elton John, I FEEL GOOD by James Brown to name a few… :)

22. mia says:

I loved Thirteen, wish there was more. it was definitely an odd hour of 6pm

23. Tom says:

~
    I asked a similar question at another Olympics he was at.

24. Mia says:

Can we get Joss Whedon to write the musical episode fir the Flash & Supergirl please!!

25. Jamie says:

12. I don’t feel bad for Brandon at all. He’s living with his girlfriend – he needs to move on. Also, he’s an idiot.

26. kirads09 says:

#7 – Yes, of course Amazon is competing with Netflix in the area of originals. No, I don’t think they’ll be overshadowed by the new broadcast fall season releases/returning favs. The reason. most of the viewing public is intelligent and looking for new, quality original content wherever it is coming from. Not the endless faux reality crap, reboots, game shows or way over done tropes. Shows such as Netflix’s Sense8, the Marvel TV franchises, Longmire and Amazon’s Man In The High Castle and Bosch are SO good, SO well written and acted, they will draw people to them. Fans can’t wait for more. The good news may be that broadcast is going to be forced to up its game and deliver better content to compete as well.

27. jr. says:

Am surprised TVLINE has commented so much on the Olympics. Was hoping TVLINE would be providing us with many ENTERTAINMENT type articles to help us through the Olympic interruption of our regular programing? ( As you probably guessed, I’m not a sports fan )

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yes, because we didn’t just deliver 26 news stories/reports from the TCA Press Tour over the past seven days (in addition to all of the non-TCA news that has been going on, plus previews, interviews, recaps and….)

28. Charmed Original {"A"} says:

17: yes, Yes, and YES !!!

29. Timmymommy says: