Exclusive
Flash Season 3 Tom Felton Cast

The Flash: Harry Potter's Tom Felton Joins Season 3 as Series Regular

In a rather magical bit of casting, The CW’s hit superhero drama The Flash has recruited Harry Potter vet Tom Felton to join Season 3 in a series regular role, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Felton will play Julian Dorn, a fellow CSI at the Central City Police Department who suspects there’s more to Barry Allen than just his good guy reputation.

The English actor is best known for portraying cunning sorcerer Draco Malfoy in all eight Harry Potter films, from 2001’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone through to 2011’s Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. On the TV side, he co-starred the first season of TNT’s anthology drama Murder in the First and has had roles in DirecTV’s Full Circle and the historical miniseries Labyrinth.

As confirmed last week, The Flash will take on DC Comics’ famous, game-changing Flashpoint storyline at the start of Season 3, with star Grant Gustin teasing,  “We’re definitely doing this [Flashpoint] thing our own way…. This will be its own thing.”

Felton is expected to make his Flash debut early during Season 3, which premieres Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 8/7c (now leading into the romantic dramedy No Tomorrow).

Share your thoughts on Felton’s casting — and theories as to how he’ll figure into the Flashpoint plot — below!

1. Jen Gossel says:

omg yes this is awesome news so cant wait for season 3 :)

2. Luis says:

Expelliarmus! (The first unnecessary “Harry Potter” reference – score!)

3. Lore says:

The people of the flash knows how to bring more viewers! even if i already watched, im so excited!

4. Amanda says:

Awesome casting!!! Love “Harry Potter” and will be great to see Tom on here. Plus, they’ve done so many “Harry Potter” shout outs on the show and now will probably have more.

• Lily says:

Can you imagine Cisco telling Tom Felton’s character, that he looks a lot like the guy from Harry Potter?

5. rinaex says:

I’m ridicuously excited for this. I’m glad Tom Felton has managed to keep finding work in different things.

6. The Viewing Public says:

LOL really? Is not like he needs the money. I feel that role should have went to an actor just as good not not as filthy rich as Tom. Bad choice casting and Berlanti

• Sarah96 says:

So just because he is “filthy rich” he shouldn’t get a job? Lol what a stupid logic.
      If they though he was the right guy for the job let him be..know CW has to cast lesser or unknown actors all the time for there parts?

• Vince says:

I think he meant they can hire 2 or more actors with his salary.

• johnhelvete says:

That is a very charitable way to interpret the above comment which seems to very clearly state that another actor should get the job because Felton is “filthy rich”.

• Jewels says:

How do you know that Tom is being paid an amount that could have hired two actors?

Let’s face it. Tom was amazing in Harry Pottet and while TVLine was kind to reference a couple of tv projects he’s done – he’s not done anything really high profile like this since Potter finished 5 years ago.

I doubt he’s been cast at a salary level above Gustin – and likely no where near it.

So. Before you say something as fact, check your sources.

I am excited. I love Tom. I can’t wait to see what he brings to the show

• Bwhit says:

Yes because an actor should be completely excluded from a role solely based on the fact that they are ‘filthy rich’.

• MelindaB says:

By that logic, George Clooney should never be cast in anything again.

• coco says:

I hope they’re not paying him more money than the regular actors who have worked hard for 2 seasons.

7. Fabricio says:

Another reason to keep watching The Flash

8. Sarah96 says:

I’m sooo happy with this choice!! I have to catch up with the end of this season till then. Can’t wait!

9. bluji says:

Well, that is certainly one big news flash… no pun intended? :P

10. Anne says:

Oh. Well that’s just perfect casting.

11. Nicole Walker says:

Nice get for the show:) And I don’t care what his intro name it, he looks enough like Eddie and Eobard to be revealed as a (secret) Thawne down the road.

12. Joey Padron says:

Great casting news! Looking forward to see Tom on the show.

13. rahajicho says:

Arrow has had 6 casting announcements over several weeks, Flash wins with just one.

14. ninamags says:

OMG!!! This is fantastic news!!

This is seriously awesome. I always liked Malfoy.

15. Cee says:

The Flash doing it right! This casting alone would turn me on to the show if I wasn’t already watching it.

16. Azu says:

Wow! His eyes are so striking! He is good looking !

17. The Kaibosh says:

A step down but paid work is paid work.

18. Lida says:

I know it’s not going to happen, but I would love if he go to keep his accent and didn’t have to be an American. But, these shows seem to think it’s impossible for someone from England to live in America.

19. Wow! The Flash is going REAL big! Can’t wait!

20. Luli says:

My father will hear about this!

21. If he meets Cisco, Cisco better mention something like that he kinda looks like Malfoy lol. I feel like it’s so hard to speculate on how Julian Dorn will factor into the show, given that we still have no idea how the show will be adapting Flashpoint or for how long Barry will be stuck in the alternate reality. But I’m eager to find out!

22. Marc says:

Accio October 4

23. Sharon Strong says:

Kept thinking a Felton fan would mention this but it’s Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, not philosopher’s stone.

• Nicole says:

It’s philosopher’s stone everywhere but the U.S. Here it’s sorcerer’s stone.

• clintbrew says:

it depends on the region cus it called harry potter and the philosopher stone is in the UK it the same with zootopia it called zootropolis in the UK it weird

• kiwidoc71 says:

As the books are written by a Brit, set in Britain and written in ‘UK English’, I think it’s reasonable to accept the original UK title (the title used everywhere other than the US) given to the book by the author as ‘canon’. Thinking a ‘Felton fan’ as you put it, should know this? Same goes for the movies.

24. Molly R says:

10 points to Slytherin!

25. coco says:

please don’t let this character take screen time from the regular characters I already love.

26. Shy says:

I DUNNO, Thank the show Producers. All I know is that It’s a great idea to put him on!
    He’s a great actor and needs more recognition!

27. Ganet says:

As much as I love the casting (I LOVE IT I LOVE IT SO MUCH) but I really don’t understand why it is him because well no reason, I just think other good actors can do it too… but why is it Tom
    I was really really surprised when I saw this news but then I start to think whether it is appropriate

Still I look forward to the Harry Potter references by Cisco. It will be so fun. And I hope that he does not overpower Grant, remember it’s called The Flash for a reason

28. Ashley says:

The thing is that i will laugh mostly about is this: Cisco has watched all of the Harry Potter movies. (He does a reference to it a few times in one of the weather Wizard episodes) So that is going to be the funniest exchange ever

29. jasmine says:

I cant wait for this 3rd season of the flash i will enjoy Tom Felton in this but i know he will do amazing as julian dorn and plus i loved him in harry potter as draco malfoy and i hope he will enjoy doing this role.

30. jasmine says:

i agree with ashley about cisco to i hope it will turn out amazingly as the last season after the flash or aka berry allen saved his mom im more in to action and romance?