Gilmore Girls Revival Luke Lorelai Photo

Gilmore Girls Revival Wraps Production: See the Luke/Lorelai Farewell Photo

If you’re a Gilmore Girls fan, you might want to print out this post, fold it into a tiny square, and keep it in your wallet for a very long time.

Because the on-set photo below, recently tweeted by series star Scott Patterson, gives us a cozy glimpse Luke and Lorelai’s portrayers on set of the beloved series’ revival. (Production wrapped earlier this week in Los Angeles.)

“That’s a wrap! Just hand [Lauren Graham] the Emmy now!” he writes in the caption, looking happy and clutching his co-star close.

As previously reported, Luke and Lorelai are not married at the start of the upcoming four-part revival, which is slated to hit Netflix later this year. As TVLine exclusively revealed, each 90-minute chapter (titled “Winter,” “Spring,” “Summer” and “Fall”) will represent a different season over the course of one calendar year and the revival will be set roughly eight years after the series ended.

Nearly 40 original cast members — and one noted guest star — will return for the continuation, which is written by series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and executive producer Dan Palladino; AS-P and Palladino each will direct two installments. No word yet on whether all four episodes will be released at once, though AS-P tells TVLine she hopes they won’t be: “I think the diehard fans would enjoy it more with a little separation.”

Got a favorite Luke/Lorelai moment? Reminisce about it in the comments below!

1. Laurie says:

The Waltz of course. Just the way they spoke volumes without even saying a word. Boby language, smiles, shy glances. Perfection.

2. c-mo says:

I have two…their phone conversation the morning after their first kiss and the horoscope on their first date.

3. Bwhit says:

Ahhhh… Now Netflix needs to get us a trailer :). I cannot wait.

• Jennifer says:

Please! Soon! I need a release date. Someone tell me why this was EVER cancelled? Although without that cancellation, we may not have gotten that other great show … Parenthood.

• hepgius says:

If they’ve wrapped up production now then Netflix is definitely looking at a middle fall debut. Maybe october/november. The trailer should come soon enough, don’t worry.
        The show ended because after the last season without ASP ratings plummeted and the show was getting expensive for the then just born CW. Also CW was going into a teen phase in that period so GG seemed a bit out of brand.

• collie2016 says:

It was cancelled because, after the first season, it went downhill FAST!!! That plus Lorelai and Rory were the two most annoying female characters EVER on TV!!

• Jennifer says:

If you think that, the why – Praytell – are you reading comments and an article on the show? I will admit that Rory was spoiled and got more so by the end of the series – but i loved this show. And apparently so did A LOT of people.

• CC says:

Sure, “downhill fast”, if “fast” means you continue for 6 more seasons. I’d say the show probably peaked around season 5, and if you really think those two characters are the most annoying women ever on TV, you probably haven’t watched much tv (and good for you! reading is fun).

4. Courtney Smith says:

The waltz is my favorite. Lorelai’s little smile and then them both just getting serious and giving into the moment. It’s really one of the best moments I’ve seen on TV. I do also love the horoscope scene and even though they’re heartbreaking, their moments in Say Something get to me.

• Infinite Jester says:

It’s tough because there were so many hilarious or electric or tender or heartbreaking scenes between these two. I’m going to choose two lesser-mentioned scenes: The one where Lorelai meets Nicole for the first time. Lorelai’s caught off guard seeing Luke in date clothes and then Nicole’s cell phone rings and Luke lets her answer it in the diner(!) much to Lorelai’s chagrin. The physical comedy of those two in the background while Nicole, oblivious to their antics, chats away is gold.

I also love the scene where Lorelai “breaks” the news of Max’s proposal to Luke. Rarely does anyone (outside of Emily) verbally outduel Lorelai, but Luke’s cool, calculated response does a number on her. It’s so well-written (“I’m all prepared to jump up and down if necessary…you’re offering me half a popsicle…”) and acted, it makes me smile just thinking about it.

• Infinite Jester says:

Oh, “Say Something” got me too. That moment in Doose’s when Luke mutters, “Don’t” and Lorelai’s stricken face…

5. Dj says:

I hope they put them out one at a time. Put them out in the season they are named after.

6. wgsecretary says:

Well, this picture shows that there must not be too much behind the scenes trouble between the two of them. It’s been reported that they don’t actually get along.

7. april-ann says:

When she finally dumped his moody loner ass after her ultimatum and he chose April over her.

8. Is there any chance of more episodes after “Seasons”?

9. Will says:

So do these two no longer have an icy relationship? I’d always thought, per rumors of course, that they did not get along or at least weren’t friendly, etc. something to that effect. Glad if they are on good terms now (or if they have always been, then awesome)!

10. C.A. Gillis says:

Please!!!! Tell NETFLIX to release them on Christmas Day. All four! Die-hard fans want to watch and discuss and watch again!

11. Jay says:

Weren’t the rumors always that they didn’t like each other? Glad to see either that wasn’t true or time has allowed them to let go of any differences they may have had

12. Abe Froman says:

So, is this being considered a “series finale” and will we learn the famous final 4 words?

• Cheryl Saunders says:

I have heard both Lauren Graham and Scott Patterson comment about the final 4 words. Yes, we will finally get to hear the famous final 4 words!

13. lakh says:

i don’t know if this would ‘officially’ be a Luke/Lorelai moment but one that makes me laugh every time. After they wake up at Luke’s place and she desperately, of course, needs coffee, puts on his shirt and she goes down to the cafe and in unison, the patrons turn and look at her. She goes back up and says something about them knowing and Luke says something about maybe they didn’t notice. She does her gesture, and he says ‘you wear crazy clothes all the time’ and she says ‘yes, but I usually wear pants’. I’ve seen it so many times, and every time I laugh.

14. shutuprob says:

Yeah, no, Amy Sherman-Palladino, the Lorelais and all of us fans of them are first-generation binge-watchers, so we want all four Gilmore movies all at once. None of this spacing-them-out sh–tuff.
    Honestly, I’m surprised I have to tell you these things.

15. Collie says:

“EMMY”??? You’re kidding, right, Scott? The Gilmore Girls became THE most annoying show on TV! If they have the same writers/cast, why should we expect anything entertaining?

• Jenny says:

People try so hard to throw shade and are not even thorough with it. Gilmore girls was one of the most acclaimed shows on TV and received plenty of awards recognition. It wasn’t able to breakthrough at the Emmys do to being on the WB. It’s fine if you don’t like the show. But offer criticism not bitter trolling (which is how your post comes off).

16. Anno says:

I hope Luke got rid of the backward baseball cap. That looks ok on a 10 year old but ridiculous on a grown man.

• sportylady says:

Lorelei can do better than some guy who didn’t respect her enough to tell her he had a kid (after giving her attitude about her time spent with Christopher!). Lost all my respect for Luke when he did that–then didn’t stand behind Lorelei when April’s mom told her to stay away from April (after Lorelei threw her an amazing party!). April was no young child, I’m sure she could have handled it if Luke broke up with Lorelei. And who is April’s mom to throw shade when she got pregnant and didn’t even have the backbone to tell Luke! She’s no pillar of morality, herself.

17. Pamela Riley says:

I would love all of them released at once I am a binge watcher and i would watch it over and over but still all at once would be my preference