Supergirl Flash Spoilers

Matt's Inside Line: #SuperFlash Scoop, Plus Criminal Minds, Blindspot, Once, Prison Break, B99, Jane and More

Is there a would-be Supergirl hiding on The Flash? Is a Criminal Minds doctor still in? How will a death rock The Fosters? What twisty finale does Jane the Virgin have on tap? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

Should Flash fans worry about being “lost” if they miss the Supergirl crossover? Will it be referenced on The Flash? —Amanda
The events of Monday’s #SuperFlash event will be referenced on The Flash, thought “a little more subtly than we were going to, initially,” says EP Greg Berlanti. Also, the episodes “kind of flip order” in that Barry’s unplanned trip is set up in the Flash episode that airs the day after his Supergirl appearance. “We’re much better at coordinating the viewing patterns when we’re crossing over on the same network,” Berlanti admits. “But when [it’s folded into The Flash], people will get it.”

Any Supergirl scoop? Perhaps for the subsequent Flash episode? —Amy
If you, as I am, wonder if Barry’s unexpected arrival in National City from another universe means that The Flash’s universe has its own Kara… well, exec producer Andrew Kreisberg wonders, as well. “We hadn’t [considered that],” he shared, when asked by TVLine about the possibility. “Any Kara that exists on Earth-1 would also have to have been an alien — it can’t just be ‘Kara Danvers from Poughkeepsie.’ But that’s the fun of the multiverse. We have a really, exciting, fun doppelganger coming up in the penultimate episode of Flash that we haven’t announced yet that’s another [instance] of, ‘That’ll be really cool.’” In other news, I am hearing that Flash fans will see John Wesley Shipp’s Henry Allen again before the season is up.

Now that Shemar Moore has officially exited Criminal Minds, are there any talks about a permanent replacement? Will Aisha Tyler be made a series regular? —LaShawna
The matter of filling the void left by Moore’s exit was of course addressed here. As for Aisha Tyler continuing on as Dr. Lewis if there is a Season 12, “That is my hope,” show boss Erica Messer told me. “I love her.”

I have a $100 bet that Jonathan Banks was the villain in Shemar Moore’s final Criminal Minds episode. Yes??? — Linda
Oh, Linda. You really should have read my Q&A from Tuesday, where Kirsten Vangsness noted that the UnSub was played by Lance Henriksen (Millennium).

Thanks to social media, I saw that Kevin Tancharoen will be directing another episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Do you have any details about which one and/or what the episode is about? His episodes are usually very exciting and action-packed. —Susan
The fifth episode to be directed by showrunner Maurissa T.’s brother will air April 5, titled “Spacetime.” I’m spitballing that we’ll get a new clue regarding the midseason premiere’s out-of-this-world flash-forward…?

I am a huge fan of Once Upon a Time’s Peter Pan. We saw him in “Souls of the Departed,” but in what other Season 5 episodes will Pan appear? –Colin
Robbie Kay will next be seen as Rumple’s father in Episode 19, which is titled “Sisters.”

UPDATED 4/3: Will Once Upon a Time’s once-rumple-pregnant-belleEmma & Co. find out about Belle’s baby soon? Are they willing to help Rumple save his child from Hades? —Rebecca
“However they feel about Rumple right now, our heroes will always come to Belle’s aide should the opportunity present itself,” shares co-creator Adam Horowitz. “What’s the old saying, ‘The enemy of my enemy is… Hades?'”

Anything new to share on the Prison Break revival? —Ed
With production starting up soon, the nine-episode event series is still trying to cast Mike Scofield — as in Michael and Sara’s 7-year-old son. The lad is described as “cool as a cucumber” and “far more discerning than his years,” and while Sara’s new husband Scott (Royal Pains‘ Mark Feuerstein) is the only Dad he was known, Mike “in a way worships the memory of his fallen father.” [Sniff!] Bonus scoop: For the many Kellerman fans out there, I am hearing (though it is not confirmed) that the Secret Service agent-turned-congressman is now working at the State Department.

Can you please give me some information on Jane the Virgin? —bevieg
Get ready for another one of the CW series’ crazy cliffhangers. “There’s a really great twist I’m dying to have revealed at the end of Episode 17 [tentatively set to air April 11],” executive producer Jennie Urman tells TVLine. “I can’t say what it is, but I’m so excited for it. We’ve been laying things [for it] for a while.”

I’m a loyal but confused Blindspot fan. The tooth from a few weeks ago, didn’t it say that Jane is not Taylor Shaw? —Debbie
If you’re awash in confusion, the producers have played their hand perfectly. “The tooth doesn’t necessarily mean she’s not Taylor Shaw; it means that she was born somewhere in Sub-Saharan Africa,” says showrunner Martin Gero. “So what that draws into question is: Do we know who Taylor Shaw was? Is the origin story of Taylor Shaw right, as far as Kurt remembers? But yeah, [the tooth] is a red flag for everybody. And it should be.”

Have we seen the last of Sheila on Shameless? Because that would be a real #Shame. — Josh
I just caught up on Shameless and my heart is breaking over Gallavich. Is there any hope of Noel Fisher returning, or has that ship sailed? – Candace
Two birds, meet one stone. “I think there’s a better shot of seeing Mickey or Sheila next season than there is this season” (which has only two episodes left), says EP/writer Krista Vernoff. “We’ve been talking about both of those characters in our writers’ room — we always talk about those characters, we hold them in our hearts — so hold out hope!”

Can I get some scoop on The Fosters?—Dustin
The recent death of Jude’s pal Jack will have major reverberations for the entire family in Monday’s finale. Given how important the character was to exploring the foster care system this season, his demise is very much “connected to that for Callie and the story that we see unfolding between her and Justina,” executive producer Bradley Bredeweg previews. “It adds so many different complications to that.” As for her brother, “you’re going to see Jude really kind of crumble. At that point, we will see his Fosters family rally around him to try to help him recover.”

Care to celebrate Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s early renewal with something about the finale? —Craig
Thank goodness for that pick-up, because it sounds like the Fox sitcom will leave you hanging in a criminal way. “Jason Mantzoukas’ character, Adrian Pimento, is a domino that starts knocking over other dominoes — many of them professional, but some of them personal, too,” show boss Mike Schur shares. “I don’t want to give too much away, but [the season] ends in a very exciting, unexpected way that is going to be very shocking.”

Is there going to be a Talking Dead for each installment of Fear the Walking Dead? And if so, when does Talking Dead air for the midseason finale (May 22) since Preacher is premiering right after? –Simon
Yes, a Talking Dead will be paired with each episode of AMC’s FtWD, and on Preacher’s premiere night, that after-show will come on at 11:30 pm.

Real questions, real answers. If you need the Inside Line on a favorite show, email!  (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Bwhit says:

Thank you so much for the Prison Break scoop! Mike sounds just likes his dad, so I wonder if he has what they described Michael having in season one. Hope they find their kiddo to be Mike soon :)

2. M. says:

Was anyone else asking for some scoop via mail and only got a snippy answer back? Happend to me twice already.
    And no, I wasn’t unfriendly…

• Lindsey says:

What did the reply say?

• M. says:

I won’t post my emails and the answers, just know that they were snippy.

I mean, if they don’t want to answer questions that’s fine, but why be mean about it?!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Musta caught me in a mood :( Oh well. Bygones!

• Rebecca says:

Thanx Matt for answering my question :)

Though I have to disagree with Adam’s answer “Our heroes will always come to Belle’s aide” because it has never happen. If they do help Belle, it will be a first.

3. GaryB says:

Actually, there is in DC lore, another, Kara, this one is Kara Zor-L she was “Supergirl” on her Earth, and when she moved to a different earth she became PowerGirl.

• Tatharnio says:

That’s still the same Kara. She’s just from another Earth. Much like Reverb is still Cisco, just from a different Earth, and Deathstorm is just Ronnie and Stein from a different Earth. That was the point of the statement. Is that any Kara would still have to be from a different planet, not just a metahuman.

• gleebunny says:

Keep in mind though that “multi-verse” means just that…there are multiple UNIVERSES, not just Earths! So in Earth-1’s universe Krypton may have never been destroyed, and Kara never has to leave.

• Phoenix5634 says:

They could say she’s still in the phantom zone, Astra too ;) and have it so in Barrys universe that Kara was old enough to side with Astra over whatever destroys their planet, and they both get put in the phantom zone.

Then that Kara could become Ultragirl when she’s confronted by our Supergirl. And somehow get Astra to come back to our Supergirls universe afterwards. Haha :)

( this would require a crossover on the Flash, or a Supergirl episode that went to Barrys universe )

• The problem with a Kara on Earth One is that she was sent to follow Kal-El, who was here for a while and an established hero before Kara stepped out into the public wearing the cape. And Earth One hasn’t had a Superman yet – Arrow was just a weirdo in a cloak with bows and arrows, Flash was an impossible rumor.

So either Kal-El didn’t make it on Earth One (very unlikely they’d do that) or Kal-El is still wearing the glasses full time and his cousin would be the first one to reveal her nature in public.

4. Joey says:

Translation: We’ll probably never see them again.

• Bwhit says:

Right?!? The show has a knack for destroying the best characters. I’m truly afraid Lip is next with this whole alcoholic storyline.

5. Thank you for answering my question, even though it had already been answered. I mean 12 hours after I sent you my question, you posted the story that answered it. :) :)

6. Angela says:

You kinda scared me there for a moment with the “Doctor” mention in the “Criminal Minds” teaser, ’cause I thought it might refer to Reid, since he’s got a doctor title. I forgot Tara had that, too. I’d be okay with her sticking around if possible-she may not be a regular character, but I’d be okay with her remaining a recurring one if she wants.

7. matrix2k3 says:

So should I watch the Flash /Supergirl crossover after the “kind of flip order” episode of The Flash?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I wouldn’t delay for yourself the #SuperFlash goodness. It’s not gonna be some huge continuity issue. You’ll see. .

• Annie says:

That’s what I’ll be doing

• Gail says:

So the day after the crossover on the Flash Barry will end up on Kara’s Earth when returning from the past. My guess he was successful in getting faster. Now we know why Barry didn’t try to go to the past and end up on Kara’s Earth at the end of last week’s episode as many of us thought would happen.

• coco says:

Thanks for The Flash and Supergirl news. Excited to see it!

8. Leo says:

The “tooth” another piece of the even more confusing puzzle. Love this show, it doesn’t give away much does it.

9. Hurley says:

They could cast Jacob Tremblay!

10. Janet Sharpe says:

I’m confused….is Criminal Minds being cancelled?

11. Phoenix5634 says:

Oh I got a question for Flash…. Gorilla city in season 3? Grodd vs Solovar? / to save budget for that, will we see King Shark make it to Supergirls universe trying to get home? ( he’s in a bit of Super canon as well )

And is the Time Wraith going to be the shows version of a Black Flash? Or a way to introduce the concept of a Black Flash, so they can do it later?

Is Reverb really dead? Knowing what he’s capable of, his death seems suspicious.

What happened to Mick on Legends??

12. Michelle says:

LOL at Shameless holding Sheila and Mickey in their hearts. Not a single character has referenced Sheila since she’s been gone. With Mickey, they have either Ian or somebody else make a nasty comment about him in every single episode. They even had his own sister say something rude about him.

13. I hope they move Gary Sinise over to CM if/when they cancel Beyond Borders. I’m not convinced it has the stuff to make it to renewal, but I really like him and I’d love to see him in a regular role again. He’d be a great addition to the CM team, although he is very similar to Hotch.

14. gm says:

…Has Adam Horowitz ever watched his own show? The heroes don’t “always” come to Belle’s aid; in fact, with the exceptions of Charming alone twice back in S2, they have NEVER come to her aid. And are often the ones abusing her–such as Regina taking her heart, or Emma threatening her life or using her as blackmail fodder?

It would be awesome to see these people actually giving a hoot about Belle; it would also be a first.