Legends of Tomorrow Season 2

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Flash, Bones, Gilmore Girls, Legends, NCIS, Five-0, Outlander, PLL, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Can we get some juicy spoilers on the Flash/Supergirl crossover? —Cordell
Ausiello: Look (or listen?) for shout-outs to Cisco, Caitlin, S.T.A.R. Labs and Green Arrow in the March 28 event.

Question: I am so happy Bones finally has a return date! Do you have any more scoop you can share with us about the second half of the season? —Cassidy
Ausiello: A paralyzed Hodgins has a genuine smile on his face in the first scene of the the April 14 midseason premiere, which picks up eight weeks into his rehabilitation. However, he has a tough time maintaining that cheery attitude as the hour progresses. The first emotional setback is dealt by Cam, of all people, while the second one arrives in the form of a phone call from [Spoiler].

pretty-little-liars-season-7-spoilers1Question: Pretty Little Liars scoop? Please share! —Michael
Ausiello: Well, I hope you were a fan of all that re-coupling in Tuesday’s season finale, because things are only going to get ‘shippier moving forward. Though Freeform has yet to make a decision about whether or not the series will continue beyond Season 7, Andrea Parker — who’s now a series regular, in case you missed that update — says we’re heading into “the most romantic season we’ve ever had.” (That said, don’t expect Parker’s new character, Mary Drake, to go easy on any of the show’s couples.)

Question: Any Outlander scoop? Are they really going to go and jump 20 years into the future? —Laura
Ausiello: Starz is being super cautious about what we can and can’t say prior to the season premiere, so you’ll forgive me for being cagier than normal. What I can tell you about the first episode back: The jarring start of Dragonfly in Amber — Book 2 in Diana Gabaldon’s series — is well handled (though not, perhaps, in the way you’d think) and Tobias Menzies gives an amazing performance (though I won’t say as whom).

Question: Still collecting the pieces of my broken heart over Jane and Rafael’s breakup on Jane the Virgin, but I also have a new theory: the sperm bank screwed up, and the sperm they gave Petra did not belong to Rafael. Wishful thinking on my part? —Aviram
Ausiello: Indeed it is. Executive producer Jennie Urman already dispelled that theory to us immediately following the Season 1 finale. And while we’re at it, we’re going to rule out another fan hypothesis making the rounds: While Urman teases that there are “still more cards to turn over” in the Sin Rosetro storyline, the crime lord is definitely dead.

Question: Hello! I was wondering if you had any scoop on anything Marvel-related? Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. etc. —Sami
Ausiello: At one point during the first half of Daredevil Season 2 (arriving on Netflix Friday), Matt will suffer a setback that is not only harrowing, but was also “quite tricky to film,” says star Charlie Cox, adding: “It’s probably the scaredest he’s ever been.” Might a trick taught to him by Stick pull him out of this dark new abyss?

Question: It’s been nearly three weeks since your last Gilmore Girls update. Anything new to report? —Nichole
Ausiello: That’s a bald-faced lie. Just yesterday I added a new name to our official Gilmore Girls cast gallery (it’s Slide 25). You should think twice before hurling accusations like that.

Question: I love that you love Gilmore Girls as much as I do! I loved all the news after the announcement of the revival, but now, nothing… Where is more news? There have to be some juicy bits from filming? —Diane
Ausiello: I promised AS-P I wouldn’t say anything, but, eh, screw it. It’s just too big. And I don’t feel right keeping it from you. OK, here it goes: In the final of the four installments, “Fall,” Lorelai [redacted] [spoiler] [spoiler] [redacted] [spoiler] [redacted] the [spoiler] [redacted] [spoiler] [spoiler] in [redacted] [spoiler] [spoiler].

Question: I know Yanic said it was just dinner, but please tell me you know more and that this is a sign of hope for Sookie and Lorelai to be reunited. —GG4Ever
Ausiello: It was a sign of two friends meeting for a bite to eat. Nothing more. Melissa McCarthy has made it pretty clear that she is unavailable to shoot a cameo in the revival.

PHOTOS Gilmore Girls Revival Photos: Take a Tour of Present-Day Stars Hollow

Question: Please, Mike, take a break from your Gilmore Girls scoop hunt and find me some good scoop on Bates Motel. —Adriana
Ausiello: Monday’s episode is a huge valentine to Norma-Alex fans.

the-grinder-premiere-recap-rob-lowe-fred-savage-comedyQuestion: Please, please, please I need professional help. What are you hearing as far as a renewal for Grandfathered and The Grinder? I have grown very attached to both and fear I might lose them. —Cindy
Ausiello: Conventional wisdom suggests Fox will bring back one but definitely not both. Here’s hoping they err on the side of the far-superior Grinder. BTW, not to sound like a broken record, but our Renewal Scorecard has all the latest pickup/cancellation buzz. You best keep tabs on it, or remain hopelessly out of the loop.

Question: Do you have any scoop on Grimm? — Jordan
Ausiello: How about some post-coital pillow talk from David Giuntoli himself? “I don’t think Nick was expecting to be intimate with Adalind,” he says, previewing what’s ahead during a recent visit to the series’ set. “The Adalind-Nick relationship heats up, the captain seems to be going to the dark side, Eve might be going to the good side — complicating the situation deeply with Adalind.” Oh, and just because the re-‘biested blonde doesn’t immediately tell Nick that her powers are back doesn’t mean he won’t find out some other way.

Question: In How to Get Away With Murder, is every Season 2 plot going to be resolved by the finale, or will there be a few loose threads? —Addi
Given the fact that the third leg of ABC’s #TGIT lineup has already scored a Season 3 renewal, you can’t expect all of its myriad mysteries to be rolled up like Sam Keating’s corpse in a rug, can you? That said, by the end of tonight’s hour, you absolutely should prepare for a wrap-up of the Hapstall murder mystery (and its related Caleb-Catherine-Philip craziness); a definitive answer about why Frank choked the life out of Lila Stangard; and a moratorium on secret/damning “Shooting Night” video footage.

Question: I’m very happy that Legends of Tomorrow was renewed, but I’m worried about the rumor that they are going to have a whole new cast.  I don’t think I’ll want to watch if Captain Cold isn’t in it.  Do you know with anything about the casting for Season 2? —Stacy
Ausiello: What we have here is a case of “The Telephone Game,” wherein a producer recently said, “Our team for Season 2, if not in the [physical] makeup of the team, will be changed in the way that [the characters] will be different [people]” — meaning, Rip, Leonard, Sara et al will have been changed as people by their adventures during Season 1. Regardless of whether that’s the source of your confusion, I have it on good authority that a wholesale cast change is not at all in the cards. (Psst: “This AAnd That,” at the bottom of this post, contains a bonus Legends spoiler.)

Question: Will we ever see Young Gibbs (played by Sean Harmon) on NCIS again? —Serena
Ausiello: Matt Mitovich hand-delivered your question to NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg, and he said that “at least for the time being,” any revisiting of Young Gibbs “is on the back-burner ” given the need to, among other things, spend Season 13’s final stretch setting the stage for Michael Weatherly’s exit. Particularly from Episode 21 on, “We’re really trying to deliver on all cylinders and give everybody a bit of everything they’re hoping for for the end of the season.”

Question: Hawaii Five-0‘s Daniel Dae Kim posted a pic with the cutest little girl ever. Can you tell me who she will play? They look a little bit alike. — Lisa
Ausiello: Later this season, when wee Sara’s (guest star Londyn Silzer) mother is murdered in her own home, Five-0 hunts down the killer and in doing so discovers that Chin and the girl have an “unexpected connection.”

Question: Any Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. scoop? —Maddie
Ausiello: It sure sounds like, given her close call with Malick’s minions in the midseason finale, Simmons might be due for some combat training. “She’s going to try to better arm herself against those situations happening again,” Elizabeth Henstridge shared during our visit to the set. Further bolstering our theory, Ming-Na Wen said that May’s “bonds with some of the less skilled but really smart characters on the show will change. She has a maternal role in wanting to protect them, because as things get more dangerous and heightened, she feels they need to learn some new skills.”

Empire Video Lucious Hakeem GunThis AAnd That…
Empire will end Season 2 on “a huge cliffhanger,” teases showrunner Ilene Chaiken, before cryptically adding, “someone might not be coming back” next season.
House of Cards Season 4 was occasionally uneven, often illogical and consistently preposterous. And I loved every second of it. Speaking of which, am I the only one terrified of what Season 5 will look like without sans series creator Beau Willimon?
Rumor has it the final scene of Legends of Tomorrow‘s May 19 season finale will introduce a “beloved superhero from the DC canon” whose mysterious agenda serves as “a launching off point for Season 2.” Theories. Comments section. Go.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Kim Roots, Andy Swift, Michael Slezak and Vlada Gelman)

1. Lily says:

Finally something about Bones!can’t wait for the show to come back.

2. July Lark says:

We already know, Ausiello, the Outlander promos show Franklander all over the screen. meh

3. Re: “NCIS” I wish Mr Glasberg would discontinue saying they’re trying to give “everybody everything” because that’s 100% impossible.

• tvfan says:

You missed the quote – it is – “give everybody a bit of everything”
      That is NOT much of a commitment and it is 100% possible that everybody will be a bit happy or a bit mad.

• I still feel the same. It’s simply not possible. He said the same thing about Past, Present & Future and the complaints came loud and fast and are still being said. Just have your writers write a good story. Stop reading social media. Listen to your writers and, in this case, to Mr Weatherly since he knows “Tony” better than anyone.

• darkangel200 says:

Yes, agree. I’d rather he just concentrate on writing a great send-off, and giving Tony/Michael Weatherly a deserving exit.

4. anon says:

Oh come on, yet *another* Hodgins spoiler, thanks but no thanks….I have heard enough about him already, what are Booth & Brennan doing?! Do they even exist even more?!

• Lily says:

Aren’t you grumpy? Hodgins’ life-changing storyline is a huge thing for the show, of course the first episode back is going to be focused on him – so will the spoilers about the show’s return. Just wait, geez. We have heard some stuff about B&B and what’s going on with them in the second half of the season – well, I don’t think there’s been anything on TV Line, yet, but there’s still almost a month to go. Give it time.

• anon says:

Yes Lily, I was referring to tvline, I got after their 2 or 3 spoiler that Hodgins is going to have a hard time being paralysed…my point is that Booth & Brennan are in ep 11 & 12 too, I am sure there is a spoiler about them to share….

My bad for actually wanting a spoiler about the leading two characters on Bones after a FOUR month hiatus.

• Lily says:

LIke I said, there’s still almost a month to go. The B&B stuff will likely come closer to the return date, it makes sense.

• kmw says:

Yes I too would like more on Booth and Brennan but Hodgins and what happened to him cannot be shunted aside. I am sure there is plenty for them. I am just grateful that its coming back. Thanks for giving us something on Bones!!! April 14th cannot come soon enough

• EL says:

Sure it can. Shunt it aside. Booth got shot. Never mentioned again. Brennan got shot. Never mentioned again. This whole thing with Hodgins in a wheelchair is such an unnecessary melodramatic plot point. I know — let’s never mention it again.

• Lily says:

Booth got shot – never mentioned again? It does get mentioned. Brennan maybe not, but the thing is – getting shot is something you recover from, being in a wheelchair is a different story. I think it’s too soon to call it “unnecessary” if we haven’t seen a single episode, you don’t know what it’ll lead to – you could literally call every plot point “unnecessary” if you just go by what sounds good to you or not.

• kmw says:

Well this spoiler could have been of Aubry, at least it is with someone we have watched from the very beginning. I don’t believe this is a melodramatic plot point its a huge change that cannot be glossed over and forgotten. Lets not forget Bones is still a crime drama and the case will come first. Also given he fact that Bones doesn’t have that many episodes left and the actual nature of the show, the ” melodrama” wont last more than 5 to 6 episodes before Hodgins lightens up a bit. Like I said I would like more of Booth and Brennan and they should have something for them but we will have to wait and see. I for one am looking forward to what they have in store.

5. Bwhit says:

Thank you to Stacy for asking that Legends question! I am with you and had been worried by that rumor because it has run rampant in more than one place. I am now relieved because I too love Captain Cold and how he has been developed. I also can’t picture it without Sara.

• Lilly77 says:

I was just going to say the same thing. I couldn’t watch without Cold, and I had been worried about that rumour as well. Very glad to know it was only a rumour!

• Stacy says:

You’re welcome!!! :) I was getting tired of seeing so many articles about guessing the season 2 cast like it was a known fact there would be a major change. So glad the questioned was answered.

6. David S. says:

Seems like the “beloved superhero” for Legends ought to be Booster Gold.

• Gail says:

I don’t know how beloved he is but your guess makes sense considering he is a time traveler. I am still waiting for Hawkman to come back from an earlier incarnation. Now that Hawkgirl is starting a relationship with Ray it seems time for Carter to show up. Perhaps since she is still in the late 1950’s he will.

• Bob says:

I think they showed a Legion flight ring when the Flash went to Earth two. And, it was on some sort of pedestal. So, they may have been priming Booster Gold with that (for those who don’t know, he stole a Legion flight ring, force field belt and time bubble and became a super hero in the past).

• rowan77 says:

I’ve tried to like Legends of Tomorrow. I watched 5 episodes in the hopes I will get sucked into the story (like I did with The Magicians with had a horrible, derivative, overly expositional pilot, but by the end of episode 3 I was fully onboard), but nope. Still with the crap writing and repetative storytelling. I love Arthur Darvill and the great Victor Garber, but it seems all the best writers of this genre are working for Marvel.

• Unknown says:

I was thinking Booster Gold also …he is also Rip’s father in some versions

7. Regarding Legends of Tomorrow, my money is on introducing Booster Gold. He’s a time traveller, he is connected to Rip in the comics, he is not in any other DC TV show or movie and he is certainly a fan favorite.

8. mookie311 says:

if the beloved superhero on legends isn’t elongated man (and sue!), we riot.

9. Wordsmith says:

Regarding the H50 moppet, what if Gabriel has a secret kid? That might be an interesting twist…

10. Dennis says:

Robin will join the Legends cast!

11. alistaircrane says:

Beloved DC character?? Oh, please be Stephanie Brown!!! (aka Spoiler, Robin, Batgirl)

12. Lou says:

Who is #25 on the Gilmore Girls cast gallery????? I can’t get it to work and I have to know who else is coming.

13. Stephanie says:

I just hope that this season of Legends of Tomorrow ends with the defeat of Vandal Savage. I was done with him a long time ago. I would welcome a whole new villain for next season.

• Patrick says:

There are two ways to go. Either they defeat VS only to learn that this gives rise to a different villain they have to stop, or they realize that VS is part of a much larger “evil” and they have to take it apart systematically before ultimately defeating VS.

14. JM says:

Ok, now Monday’s show of Bates Motel can’t get here fast enough!!!

15. John says:

Here’s hoping its Constantine coming to LoT

16. Lily says:

I love both The Grinder and Grandfathered, I can’t understand why they don’t get better ratings, Americans, you are missing out!

17. steven says:

I want to see a Nashville spoiler with Teddy returning. I don’t think his storyline’s resolved yet.

18. Marco says:

I hope that final LOT spoiler has ‘John Constantine’ as an answer.

19. Phoenix5634 says:

Constantine would be cool to see on Legends, Vixen as well. Just did some searching on Booster Gold tho, and he does seem pretty likely to join the series at some point.

20. Angela says:

If the Hapstall case will be resolved in tonight’s HTGAWM finale, then I’m going to take a guess someone in that whole thing will be one of the people dying. I also wonder if someone will take out Philip over the “Shooting Night” video.
    And I’m very curious to learn more about why Frank killed Lila. Tonight should be good!

21. Couch Mom says:

YAY – DC Legends of Tomorrow! Some of the acting is over-the-top, but a fun show nevertheless. Glad it got a 2nd season.

22. Booster Gold is the obvious pick so I’m going to guess someone a little less likely: Terry McGinnis aka Batman Beyond!

• Azerty says:

I would really really really love McGinnis in any live show. But I am not sure it is possible, Batman is such an iconic character he will never be used in a team of “secondary” characters (no offense though),I think if some network can make Batman Beyond the show he would be the lead. I am rooting for Nightwing but that’s the same thing, not sure they would put him in a team before he got the spotlight.

23. Phoenix5634 says:

green lantern ? AA?

• I hope so. I’d love for them to finally bring Hal in to things and finish assembling DC’s lesser trinity (lesser trinity = Green Arrow, Green Lantern & Flash vs. greater trinity = Superman, batman & Wonder Woman).
      And given the cosmic nature of the Green Lantern Corps it would make sense to introduce the Corps on Legends and then maybe let Hal himself come out to play on Arrow or Flash.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Yeah exactly, and like the last episode of Legends dealt with travelling in space, maybe a green lantern noticed them. Plus I found the “AA”nd in this article suspicious, try giving that a search with DC heroes, you get a green lantern sector 905 or something. I could be reading too much into it, but it makes sense so it’s hard to ignore.

• herman1959 says:

Right, since Hal Jordan is a good friend (and superhero partner) of Oliver Queen, he would be a perfect choice to crossover with Arrow.

• Hal’s also pretty tight with Barry, so I could see him showing up and Flash too. (Maybe even more so than Arrow, since Flash seems to enjoy playing with the superpower based elements more than Arrow does.)

• Phoenix5634 says:

I forget, was it in Arrow that we seen the guy in the bar with the “Hal Jordan” name on his coat?

24. HAP says:

The Grinder is far superior to Grandfathered? In what universe? Most recent episode of Grandfathered showed a huge comic chemistry between Stamos and Brewster.

• RJ says:

Agreed. Grinder imo has faltered with the storylines whereas Grandfathered keeps getting better and hitting its stride. I am rooting for Grandfathered to get renewed!!

• Annie says:

Agreed! I balked when I saw that in the post – Grandfathered is *clearly* the superior show. I love Grinder, but come on. And yaaaassss, Stamos & Brewster are amazing. Probably one of my favourite couples on tv right now.

• Patrick says:

Grandfathered was weaker out of the box, but Grinder floundered soon after.

• MMD says:

I usually prefer dramas but I actually love Grandfathered and I never watch Fox so I hope it stays.

• Ellie says:

oh thank you! i completely agree! i love the multigenerational aspect of Grandfathered; grandparents who arent shown as “old” and still having busy and fun lives, while putting their family first.

• Ambee says:

I’m so glad to find this comment with a lot of support! I have watched every episode of both, and I really enjoy Grandfathered, while Grinder… I want to watch it, but I never laugh. It just feels like the same episode over and over again.

25. spdavid says:

Always happy to hear that Grimm will be featuring that all important Hexensex!

26. July Lark says:

Ok, I get it, these Bones eps l were filmed months ago but do we need a rehash of angry Hodgins, like when Angie dumped him? IDK, this doesn’t perk my interest that much, they are already doing this on Arrow, and it was apparent that Bones was renewed on the strength of Emily and David resigning, so what about a few lead storylines for the LEADS.

• kmw says:

Hopefully they will get some. Just because this spoiler wasn’t about them doesn’t mean they don’t have anything coming, although I agree about rehashing Hodgins anger. I didn’t like it the first time and probably wont this time but at least Angela and Hodgins are getting something to do. Anyway the actual case for this episode sounds good and if Booth and Brennan are leading the investigation( mostly together) I will be happy. Episode 13 sounds really good too. Cannot wait to see it again!!!!

27. Lysh says:

I really want Zatanna to show up on one of these DC shows, but I don’t think Legends is the right place for her. Maybe Booster Gold or Nightwing.

28. Mak says:

Thank you for the HTGAWM & Bates Motel scoop. Can’t wait for the HTGAWM finale…I’m really anxious..2 deaths!
    Philip/Caleb & Oliver/Frank…or maybe Nate

29. JosiahBartlet4President says:

I asked about Grace and Frankie. It’s not a super popular show (though it should be).
    Maybe in the next Ask Ausiello :/

• MMD says:

If you asked when Season 2 is starting it is May 6th on Netflix.

• JosiahBartlet4President says:

I know. Thanks, though!
        I was hoping he could offer some spoilers for Season 2.
        I get it, but it’s still frustrating that if a show isn’t super popular or a favorite of the TV Line crew, they probably won’t answer a question you have about it.

30. JTV specific, the SAMPLE might be Rafael’s, but that doesn’t mean the BABIES are his. Still don’t think Elsa and Anna are Solanos. *shrug*

31. I know why Frank killed Lila-because the writers didn’t want to have Sam kill her, so they had to make a plot device that enabled him to indirectly kill her and make the kids feel worse that it wasn’t actually Sam who killed her. I kid of course, but they better have a damn good reason for Frank doing it.

32. msm19 says:

I was just curious if the little girl guest starring on H50, Londyn Silzer, was related to Brooklyn Silzer, who portrayed Emma on General Hospital. I can definitely see a resemblance even though one is blond and the other brunette. If she is her sister, I think it’s cute and different that their parents named them both after cities. I did check her IMDB bio but I couldn’t find any information.

33. Tony says:

I’m calling it now…..Booster Gold for that Legends scoop!

34. Grace says:

Thanks for answering an H50 question! Now wondering if Chin has a love child…

35. Ben says:

I live in hope that, if GG somehow gets Melissa McCarthy, it is never revealed until the show airs. At this point, they should just keep denying it no matter what the truth is.

36. thisismenow says:

So the blind item from earlier this month is Empire then?

37. I hope “giving everybody what they want” on NCIS includes showing Delilah the door. She and Tony can run off together.

38. Raizel says:

I hope John Constantine shows up on Legends. He did help restore Sara’s soul after all.

39. Phoenix5634 says:

I hope Legends keeps Chronos chasing them for a long time, haha every time Boba Fett shows up it makes me laugh lol he’s so persistent, and the legends never really treat him like a real threat, so he’s just like that dude that just won’t stop, plus he looks funny flying his spaceship lol.

40. Phoenix5634 says:

Is there any scoop on what happened to Mick Rory (Heatwave) on Legends?

41. Ash says:

Beloved dc character joining Legends of Tomorrow? Constantine is my guess.

42. Hugo says:

I would love to see Constantine and Vixen on Legends of Tomorrow, but I don’t think it’ll happen. I saw a long time ago that Steven R. McQueen tried to be Nightwing for Arrow but nothing really came up for it. Maybe they can use the character on Legends?

• Sean P Nicodemus says:

Where did you read that about Nightwing being on Arrow? Nightwing wasn’t available for TV until a few months ago when the Teen Titans show got cancelled. Otherwise I am sure Berlanti would have introduced him already. Now that he isn’t unavailable I suspect we will see him sooner than later. Personally I would rather see him get his own series than just be a guest on Arrow or Legends. Although adding a cop to the Legends team would prove interesting. Especially one like Dick. The dynamic between him and Capt Cold and Heatwave would be great. The team needs a bit more internal conflict imo.

43. Sean P Nicodemus says:

Enter Sandman

44. Patty says:

I was worried about the same thing as Stacy. I don’t know if I would watch Legends of Tomorrow without Leonard, Sara or Stein/Jax. So thank you for answering that question :)

45. Allan Altman says:

I’m betting that the final scene of Legends of Tomorrow‘s May 19 season finale will introduce Booster Gold, DC’s beloved time-travelling super hero!

46. Weezy says:

Very generous response on the Legends of Tomorrow question. I would call it more a severe lack of reading comprehension which seems to plague people these days…

47. Caleb Perry says:

Hoping for Blue Beetle or Booster Gold for legends. I think it would be hilarious of Adam Sandler was Blue.

48. Hattie says:

I’m confused about NCIS. It seems like they are planning to write off Tony with Jean. If so, they are sadly mistaken about what viewers want. Jean is a dud of a character. I’m so disappointed she is back, and I definitely don’t want Tony to break up her marriage and reunite with her. I hope the writers have something better in store for Tony’s ending. Hell, I rather he go off with a shot to the head a la Kate than reunite with Jean.

49. Leo Xander says:

Nathan fillion finally playing Green lantern would be cool

50. Mia says:

Any chance we might be able to see Gil join the fun on the Gilmore Girls Rivival? We want HepAlien!!!