Once Upon a Time Robin Hood Dies

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, NCIS, Flash, Castle, S.H.I.E.L.D., Suits, Criminal Minds, Big Bang and More

Might Once Upon a Time‘s Prince of Thieves be robbed of his life? Can NCIS enlist a heavy hitter? Is S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s Ward more unpredictable than ever? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows

Did you get an answer from Once Upon a Time‘s Sean Maguire about the rumor that he’s leaving? —MRiku
As promised in Ask Ausiello, I did ask Maguire about this at the 100th-episode party, and he was (alas) expectedly spoiler-free on his status — though he did acknowledge that dangerous times are ahead for Robin and the other heroes. “We’re going to the Underworld, so I don’t expect much good stuff is going to happen! But as to where it’s going to lead [for Robin], I can’t say,” he hedged. “There are obstacles everywhere — a lot of bad people from the past are coming back and they are not too happy with our heroes. If Once Upon a Time was the Star Wars franchise, this would be Empire Strikes Back. It’s going to get dark, it’s going to be scary, and there will be surprises.”

Is Operation Light Swan still on when Once Upon a Time returns? –Allison
No, it appears Operation Light Swan has served its purpose, to be replaced by a new mission Henry dubs “Operation Firebird.”

Is there any chance that Agent Borin will become the new NCIS series regular? –Jules
I thought my original story on “Tess” made this clear, but no, the series is looking to introduce a brand-new character, not promote a recurring player. (Ergo the detailed casting call.) In fact, a source tells me the dream is fill this spot with some truly “Wow!” casting — as in a film actress looking to transition to TV (a la Halle Berry and Extant) — as a means to drum up buzz for what will be the long-running drama’s 14th season.

Do you have any scoop The Big Bang Theoryon The Big Bang Theory? –Aleksandrs
Howard and Bernadette’s big news just might give birth to the long-awaited casting of the dad-to-be’s estranged father. “[Howard’s dad] is certainly floating out there somewhere, and this baby is certainly a reason why we might finally get to see him,” says EP Steve Molaro. “I will tell you that we’ve been starting to think about other people we haven’t met, like Leonard’s dad and who that might be. We’re thinking about [exploring that before the end of Season 9].”

Do you have any info on what the Maveth Inhuman’s agenda will be when Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns? Is he planning to rule Earth, like Hydra thinks? Or does he have his own plans? –Michaela
His (its?) agenda is a massively looming question as Season 3 resumes, as affirmed by this excerpt from the winter premiere’s logline: “The divide between those who want to protect Inhumans and those who seek to destroy them is constantly widening, and Hydra, now strengthened by Grant Ward, looms once again. However, Ward is no longer the same villainous traitor that they once knew, and [in him] the team faces an all-new enemy whose motivations, goals and strengths are unclear.” I’ll have more on the slithery subject from Brett Dalton in the weeks to come.

Any word yet on if/when Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will tie into Captain America: Civil War? –Ryan
Maybe it already has…? As Clark Gregg points out, the first half of the season “set up… the beginning of Secret Warriors, and some stuff that miiiight connect with Civil War — although I don’t know that! But with the Inhuman outbreak, you have people with powers suddenly all over the place. And there are those who feel that people who evolve differently need to be eradicated. And there are those who remember that those people are also humans. And there are divisions among those people.” All of which kinda sounds like the seeds of a “civil war” to me!

Are we going Suits-schullto see Katrina on any upcoming episodes of Suits? I would love for her to have more screen time. —Dana
Louis’ former protege (played by 12 Monkeys star Amanda Schull) will make her return in this season’s finale. Someone who won’t be reappearing during the final episodes? Harvey’s therapist Dr. Paula Agard (Christina Cole), who brought quite a bit of growth to the lawyer during the first half of the season. “We couldn’t find a way to integrate [her] into the back six, given the path that we chose,” explains EP Aaron Korsh. “It does not mean that we’ve seen the last of her. We would all like to see her again. We’re just trying to work on that [for] Episode 601.”

Will The Flash‘s Barry ever tell Iris about their kiss and love confession from the other timeline? –Lashae
The timing for those two just never seems right, you know? And next up as an obstacle is Iris’ new editor, Scott Evans. “There’s a bit of a romance that starts to happen between them,” Candice Patton previews of her and Tone Bell’s characters. “It’s more on his part than hers, but it’s the first time that Iris starts to deal with moving on from Eddie’s death and being open to the idea that maybe her heart can finally move forward. The Scott Evans character is really the catalyst for that.” Which, in the long… run… could service WestAllen!

Any scoop on Criminal Minds? –Emilie
The series’ landmark 250th episode kicks off a two-parter of sorts. Directed by Joe Mantegna and written by Bruce Zimmerman, “Sandman” (understandably) features an UnSub who sprinkles sand in his victims’ eyes. And that’s not even the worst part! “It’s pretty brutal but it’s amazing,” says showrunner Erica Messer. “And it’s got a great cliffhanger element to take us into [Episode] 251,” directed by Matthew Gray Gubler and titled “A Beautiful Disaster.”

Any Castle scoop? —Fred
Though Episode 15, titled “Fidelis Ad Mortem,” largely revolves around sending Beckett back to the police academy at which she trained, “There also is fallout from the [preceding] L.A. episode, with regards to Castle’s discovery about his missing time,” says co-showrunner Alexi Hawley. BONUS SCOOP: In a springtime episode, a series regular character will emerge as a person of interest in a murder, ultimately setting the stage for a possibly significant life change.

I’ll take anything legends-of-tomorrow-season-1-photos (13)you’ve got on Legends of Tomorrow! —G.G.
Ciara Renée, who plays Hawkgirl, raised a provocative question when I visited the set last week and asked about the rules of reincarnation. “[Kendra] would have to die first in order for [Carter] to be reborn,” she said, echoing what Marc Guggenheim told me. “But the interesting thing — which I don’t really know the answer to — is: What happens if she does kill Savage and Carter’s not alive? Do they stop reincarnating?? That would put her between a rock and a hard place!” (Though one would hope that the fate of Earth >>> True Love.)

Real questions, real answers. If you need the Inside Line on a favorite show, email InsideLine@tvline.com!  (With reporting by Vlada Gelman and Rebecca Iannucci)

1. HAP says:

How old is that photo of Amanda Schull? She’s 37 years old.

2. What happens if they travel to a point in the future after she’s died and they’ve both been reincarnated to meet a future life?

3. leo says:

There you go, Stana Katic will bring a large fan base to NCIS and create quite a buzz. Just what they’re looking for. Are you reading this GG?

4. caitlin says:

Castle producers aren’t killing Beckett, are they?

• Leanne says:

How do you get “killing Beckett” from that snippet? I’m honestly not trying to be a bitch, I promise, I’m just curious about your interpretation? Mine was more of her finding a young cop who reminds her of herself and sorta mentors her in the way of how to be a badass-awesome cop. Fidelis Ad Mortem is the NYPD motto, so that fits to the title.

• caitlin says:

How about the part about a regular character being a person of interest and a significant life change in a future spring episode?

• ndixit says:

What about that makes it seem like they are killing Beckett?

• A person of interest means suspected OF murder…Not that THEY are the ones killed…

• Leanne says:

The regular character could be any one of Castle, Beckett, Ryan, Espo, Lanie, Martha, Alexis or Haley. And the significant life change could be anything. I definitely didn’t read “Kate” and “killed off” from that piece. I really doubt there’s anything like Killing Beckett in anyone’s minds at Castle.

• Just one thing says:

Seamus Dever was doing his bi-annual moaning about not having a storyline for Ryan, so I’m assuming the series regular in question is Jon Huertas’ Esposito or Annoying Alexis.
            They’ve now framed Castle and Beckett for murder once apiece, so it’s unlikely to be them.

• brad says:

espo seems high choice hes getting around 8×16

• Disappointed says:

It says “Series regular” which, unfortunately, would seem to exclude Hayley who has only been a “season regular”, and Lanie seems to have been relegated to a “very occasional recurring character” now. If you’ve got a good memory you might remember that she used to be Beckett’s BFF in earlier seasons and they had actual conversations.

• LindaG413 says:

My money is on Espo.
            Other than my guess I will just watch and wait.These little snippets of info from the show are usually nothing close to all of our guesses.Everyone starts with Kate and then the crazy theories start.I will believe it when I see it,this will save my sanity.
            Remember there are so many regulars some of which have not had much to do this season,maybe it is one of them.Alexis has never been accused of murder and Hayley is supposed to get an episode around her…….

• leo says:

There was that Blind Item from a month of so ago that said a series regular was going to be killed off.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Nope, solved a while ago.

• anon10 says:

I tend to agree with your thoughts regarding It being Stana but I will not eliminate the other regulars, ie. Nathan, Jon, Seamus, Lanie, Susan, Molly and Toks.
            And I think the answer lies in the term ‘setting the stage for a possibly significant life change’.
            TPTB must prepare for a show in case a season 9 is approved as well as factor in who will remain with the show.
            Stana is my first choice because she is very important to the show, more so than the others and a very good reason for her leaving must be written. The fans will not tolerate Beckett being killed. But while I think they will not want to kill Beckett but write her out of the show with the possibility that she can be allowed to return. I am convinced that Caskett is done and the aspect of a life change could accomplish going forward with that permanent separation.
            Ditto for Nathan. The former statements could easily apply to his character.

Molly could be the culprit because the way she is being presently written is a big flop. Something must ‘change’ to make or relevant if that character remains if and/or when the show continues.
            Ditto for Susan. The difference is her character is working unless they plan to write her out.
            Toks is not really working as written. Could that character return to England (written out)? But whether the plans apply to either of the main characters I think TPTB are using the ‘life changing’ to accomplish a major change in the storytelling in the show.
            Major being the operative word. And Stana and Nathan being the most major.

• JosiahBartlet4President says:

My guess is that it is Vikram or Perlmutter.

• Sage says:

Well she moves back into the loft episode 16! I think it’s espo or hailey cause they’ve already said they have episodes centered on them but who knows with this show. The writers have completely ruined it

• annek says:

It says spring, so probably last few eps to end Beckett storyline

• SEI625 says:

Lots of speculation out there for sure, but I agree…these showrunners have taken a great show and ripped it apart. No Stana or Nathan in a possible Season 9 means no show for me. Won’t be and never would be the same. Need them both!!

• Annie says:

Slowly but surely they’ve been “killing” the character of Beckett all season.

I think it is Beckett and this is the beginning of a storyline that has her disappearing at the end of the season thus setting up a storyline for a Castle PI spin-off in which Alexis the Amazing and Haley the Magnificent team up with Castle to look for Beckett. Seems pretty clear to me that this is the direction Castle has been moving in this entire season.

• Susan Smith says:

Yes the putting BadassBeckett in a corner and diminishing her for the most part has lost the show a lot of loyal fans.I think with the flow of the show it could very well be putting her in the position to “have a major life change ” all the way off the show. The putting Castle front and Center,Castle always being the hero, Castle PI with Castle and Alexis solving crimes together, Alexis r going to LA instead of his wife,and saying his wife’s lines have totally rewritten the show and the history of Caskett. Someone averaged the time on screen together it’s about 7-9 minutes a show.Sad what a wonderful and beloved show Castle used to be.

5. Emily says:

I’m definitely expecting Iris’ new boss to pave the way for Westallen. At the very least he’s gonna call her out for being in love with the Flash, and I can’t wait!

6. Cilla says:

Looking forward to Scott/Iris and it’s great Iris can finally move forward and eventually Barry and Iris can have a romantic relationship. Thanks

7. May says:

I really hope they are not writing Robin Hood out of Once Upon A Time. Of the male characters he is my favorite after Rumple. And it would be the second male character of mine that I loved and they killed. And what about his son and the newborn daughter? Leave two small children without a father? That would not be a message for us to still believe their show is about hope.

8. Well, this is going to drive me up the wall. Ward is dead and his body was taken over by Maveth/spoiler name. He is not responsible for Maveth’s actions nor will he ever be (although the blood will be on Coulson’s hands for what Maveth does).

• Dan says:

ROFL Damnit, you made me type ROFL!?! I haven’t used that in years!

Ward was a mass-murderer & psychopath anyway so how does that matter? It’s like throwing dirt on dirt. Coulson killed pretty boy, bo-ho.

• Isobel says:

True, but like Lorelei enchanting Ward, when he’s being controlled apparently it’s still his fault. And yes I know Ward is responsible for several heinous acts while being completely in control of himself, but that doesn’t mean he gets accused of acts he didn’t commit while being in his right mind

9. auntiemm says:

So NCIS wants a movie caliber actress. That and the character’s description sounds more like Gibbs’ eventual successor than just an addition to the team.

10. Bob says:

Well in castle 8×16 she moves back in so something interesting happens in 14 and 15 and 16 is a espo episode so it might be him

• KLS says:

8×16 is an Espo episode? I know 8×18 is about Haley and we know she finally has scenes with Lanie. It could be her (Haley).

• bob says:

ya read some spoilers about it and casting ones you get to meet his cousin and i believe his grandma

• Sims says:

yaa..8×16 espo centric-episode and Beckett move back into the loft…8×18 “BIG” hayley episode,just “BIG”..maybe she die..something happens in 814-815-816

11. len84 says:

I don’t mind if Robin leaves and I think the actor needs to be way better then he is currently in acting. He has done nothing and rarely see his reaction to things esp finding out that his wife was murdered twice in two timeliness by the Mills Sisters. And then making it all about Regina’s pain etc. It does seems its very much about Regina and then Regina/Zelena.
    Robin is disinterested. So I’m indifferent to his arc and character.

• Rigerty says:

You do realize most of what you’re complaining is on the writing, not the acting… right?

• BM says:

It kind of is about Regina. Sure, it’s about Robin, too, but Regina is part of the original story, it is about her revenge her quest for a happy ending. And, as far as leads on the show is concerned, she is one of the three women I’d consider the lead. Both Robin and Charming seem to mostly be there to support their wives, and it seems that Regina and Emma both had/have to find their man. They have to overcome their issues and then fight for their happy ending.
      That said, I agree with what was said above that if they killed Robin it would be hard to keep up that the show is about second chances and hope because that would mean they’d screw over Regina again and screw over her second chance and I’m not sure how well she would take that.

12. Marym says:

Did you seriously answer an AoS question with an excerpt from a press release which is available for anyone to read? What kind of lazy reporting is this?

13. Emily says:

I mean, her last name is gonna be West-Allen and the show has used it twice now. I think we’ll be okay either way.

14. Rob says:

So the Big Bang casting team is just waiting for Judd Hirsch to return their phone calls right?

15. Diana says:

Thanks for the Barry/Iris scoop :). I do hope this whole thing will nudge them in the right direction. We’ve already seen how good they are/can be together, so…

16. Maro says:

OUAT is so weird. They set up Regina and Robin as fairytale, written in the stars true loves and now they’re thinking about letting Robin go? They better not.
    With only him and David they are running low on the non-douchey/creepy guys to balance out the Rumples and Hooks as it is.

17. Angela says:

So the 250th episode of “Criminal Minds” will have a :cliffhanger element” that will lead into the episode where a team member leaves. Nope, totally not nervous about that at all!
    I am looking forward to their take on the Sandman concept, though, and to see what sorts of craziness unfolds in the episode Gubler directed :D.

18. Hannah says:

Wouldn’t it matter when they kill Savage? Like if he died in 1970 he wouldn’t have been around in 1975 to kill Carter? I know it’s brain hurting timey wimey stuff, but it’s possible.

19. Ali says:

Iris and the new editor? Such a cliché but you could tell the was coming – especially with the antagonistic start to their relationship. I swear these shows follow the same playbook sometimes… time to think outside the box people! Grrrrrrrr!

20. Melinda says:

I am ready for Barry and Iris to get together. If Scott is the catalyst for making it happen then I am here for Scott getting Westallen to the point that they can move forward.

21. End it Now says:

In regards to castle scoop they are probably setting the stage to be able to write Stana Katic , aka Beckett , off the show so it can just be Castle PI .

• annek says:

Agree. She will probably be suspect in murder involving LokSat and have to go on the run. Good bye Stana, hello Castle PI. So long Castle for me.

22. burt says:

These shows and characters are so unrealistic it’s insulting, oh wait, it’s fiction…my bad, moving on.

23. Toni says:

I thought when Howard’s brother showed up, he told Howard their father was dead.

24. piper says:

It doesn’t sound like Scott and Iris will be serious, in fact it sounds like westallen will be canon by end of this season!

25. Gabby says:

Things are heading in the right direction for Barry and Iris and that’s all that matters. Hoping for more of Iris being given to opportunity to tell us how she feels about Barry and having as much agency as she had on Earth 2. I also hope Barry chooses this time to man up and fight for what he wants. Thanks for the scoop.

26. DarkDefender says:

Al Molinaro (Happy Days) would have been excellent casting as Howard’s dad, had he not died last October.
    I’ll call it now, “regular” character on Castle as a person of interest in a murder will be the defense attorney, Caleb. And he will strike a deal that allows Kate to take down LokSat.

27. aaronalbers says:

so does that mean Vikram could be the man behind lokstat or helped with Castle’s disappearance.

• KLS says:

Most people think that he is a stooge for LokStat. Not sure if he had anything to do with Castle’s disappearance. We’ll know more about the latter in 814.

• aaronalbers says:

I think the spring time episode with the person of interest for the murder is Haley. they did say a big time haley episode is coming.

• LindaG says:

Hayley would make sense with a big episode that is about her.
          Of course this whole thing with news always brings out the Kate hate and there she goes.I thought earlier it was Espo or Hayley.
          The new ABC person could still get a spin off and we,if the ratings could only improve more,could keep Caskett.Spinoff Hayley and Alexis and the Castle people can guest star.
          Ok,I am off my meds I guess.LOL.

28. Abbygail says:

I love this little flash tidbit you just deliverd we all know romantic Westallen is coming and I’m pretty stoked for that. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the writers do them as a couple justice. And I am so looking forward to the Wally Joe and Iris family dynamic.

29. TONDATHOMAS says:

What about Mike and Molly??!!

30. Pete says:

Hmm, not sure I’m particularly excited about a big name recruit to NCIS.
    Unless they do a spectacular job of it, it sounds as though everything that drew me to the show will be over. I’m not entirely sure they aren’t close to that now, even.
    With so many people claiming to have stopped watching since Ziva left – yet they still post on comment sites – I keep asking myself just what it would take to make me turn off. As yet I don’t have an answer, but what really drew me to the show, the team interactions among a great group of actors, most of whom I had never heard of, seems to be forgotten these days and I am not sure that the introduction of a big name is the way to fix that.
    We’ll see. If the show goes off in a direction I no longer enjoy at all, I’ll wish them well and be on my way with some sadness. Mostly it’s been a great ride and I hope it isn’t over yet. But whatever happens, I wish Weatherly well on his future endeavors and hope to see him onscreen again soon.

• Susan Smith says:

I still love NCIS.I am sad Tony is leaving, that may make it harder to watch.Still I can put the reruns on and enjoy a bit of the NCIS family

• mazel tov says:

Get rid of Abby. I’m so tired of Caf-Pow and “Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs.” Ditto for Jimmy. He’ goofy and adds nothing.

Start phasing Ducky into a part-time/consulting role and bring Jon Cryer aboard as the new full time ME.

And PLEASE before the series ends tell us who the redhead in the Mercedes Benz in season 1 was.

• Biya says:

No, do not get rid of Abby. Maybe just tone down the “Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs”! And if you are even thinking of adding Jon Cryer to the cast as a regular, please think again. I don’t think he fits with the cast.
        I am very sad that Tony is leaving but I hope they get someone to take his place that can take on the rest of the team like DiNozzo does. Maybe not so much goofiness but you can’t get rid of some of the humor.
        When you are casting, please do not add another woman to the team. It works really well with Gibbs, two men agents and Bishop and the lone female. I am loving Bishop as the time goes on and do not, repeat do not, miss Ziva at all. Her time has come and gone; so all you Ziva lovers, get over it or stop watching…..

31. leo says:

Last night’s episode of NCIS was so intensely personal to so many characters it felt different. Those personal moments have come at the end of episodes, this was an entire episode devoted to multiple characters private interlocking moments. I’m not knocking this episode, I liked it , I just wasn’t prepared for this from the NCIS writers stable.

32. CastleFan says:

How technical is Matt being about early spring for the Castle episode dealing with a series regular being a murder suspect? March 20th is the first day of spring. So Ep 15 Fidelis Ad Mortem should air on March 14th and that puts Heartbreaker Ep16 as the first spring ep airing on March 21st and then Death Wish Ep17 on the 28th if no breaks. Then Backstabber Ep18 on April 4th. That’s Beckett, Espo and Hayley centered eps out of the 4.

33. lizzie says:

I hope the new female agent on NCIs will be a fighter like Ziva. I loved watching her kick ass, something Bishop never does.

• HannahLeigh says:

You haven’t watched this season have you? Tiny and Mighty Bishop has kicked a lot of ass. See the one where she and Tim were undercover? She beat the crap out of that guy. Whereas all ziva could do was fight, she had no other skills so she relied on her bully brain and mannish brawn to do the work that others can do with their intellect. she was so gross. SO GLAD zive is gone FOR GOOD!

• Biya says:

I agree with you HannahLeigh! The way you put this was very well said just wish I had said it earlier! LOL

34. Hedy S. says:

Has Suits improved at all since last season? It was rather boring except for the final episode.

35. Sandi says:

“….the new NCIS series regular” Hey, isn’t Betty White available?

36. SherryB says:

I stopped watching Suits simply because of offensive language.G– d— every sentence is not needed, nor welcomed, and if they were to say f—Allah it would not be allowed… NCIS, I hope they give the fans a chance this time instead of just signing a new character to replace a longtime fave like they did with Ziva..

37. Mary says:

I wish they’d bring Jamie Lee Curtis back. She was the only female who really fit with Gibbs. I know she’s doing Scream Queens but I’d sure like to see her join NCIS in one way or another

38. Kaz says:

WestAllen! <3 I love Barry and Iris

39. racbec says:

I love it when MGG directs Criminal Minds!

40. Dana says:

Thanks so much for answering my question. I’m looking forward to seeing her back on the screen for the finale tonight :)

41. jozyjo says:

As much of a longshot as it would be since she is coming off of Rizolli and Isles (and she isn’t really much of a movie actress) I’d love to see Angie Harmon on NCIS. The only issues would be A) she’s already don’t the cop role previously and B) she might be too much of a type A personality to go toe to toe with Gibbs. In anything i’ve seen her in she’s always had that type of quality to her on screen and it might diminish that of Gibbs, or enhance it….??

42. Curtis Highbridge says:

What is a significant series life change?

43. Ana says:

Person of interest has been cancelled I can’t believe cbs did this . This show stories and cast are great hope Netflix picks them up.

44. Good digital citizenship also must be practiced at home with parents offering many
    of the same rules and restrictions that are found in school.

Depression, shock, drug use, and vigorous exercise will
    prevent a woman from menstruating if sustained for a long period of time.
    What does outlier mean in math

s: “Super good looking, very attractive, should have a great body, charming, stylish, well to do and can make a good conversation”.
    Well, I know that I do have my nelly streak in my from time to
    time, especially when it comes to decorating and things of that nature.

45. KAYE AYERS says:

Castle is still my favorite show on TV but I want both Castle and Beckett to come back. The interaction between the two of them is compelling the way the get the same idea at the same time. Come on, ABC. The dip in ratings is due to the split season. What’s up with that?

46. ozarkat says:

Was just wondering how it came about for Michelle Obama to make an appearance on NCIS? Was this something specially written for her? Did the White House request/suggest an appearance? Or was it part of the show’s production team that came up with the idea? When is this episode going to be on?