Stana Katic Castle

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on NCIS, Looking, Vampire Diaries, Castle, Arrow, Scorpion, Once, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Can you give us some Castle spoilers? —Anna
Ausiello: I’m hearing that a late fall episode — most likely the Nov. 9 installment — will be very Beckett-lite. As in she will, at best, maybe-possibly be in one scene. ABC declined to comment, but my guess is sources confirm that Stana Katic had an “out” in her contract so she could be here.

Question: Is there gonna be a holiday episode of Castle this season? —Barry
Ausiello: As you may have surmised upon reading about Castle (and Nashville) joining the ranks of split-season ABC shows, there will be no holly jolly follies this year. “Unfortunately,” co-showrunner Alexi Hawley told us, “because of the way ABC is platforming us — we do eight episodes and end [Nov. 23], and we’re not on again until the beginning of February — we won’t be on the air for the holidays.”

Question: Will we get a Bones Christmas episode this season? —Ericka
Ausiello: Is there an echo in here? Dunno about a Christmas episode. What I donno is, for the first time in the show’s 11-year history, we will be getting a Thanksgiving episode. “We, shockingly, have never done a Thanksgiving episode,” co-showrunner Michael Peterson marvels to TVLine.” That’s the one we’re prepping right now. There will be surprise guest stars. There’ll be returning family members.”

AAQuestion: I saw the BTS photos of NCIS’ Michael Weatherly and Scottie Thompson! Does this mean the Jeanne is back? —Alisha
Ausiello: Yes, as TVLine has since reported, Thompson will be reprising her role of Tony’s ex in November, for at least one episode. “The Jeanne Benoit storyline is rooted deep in NCIS history,” showrunner Gary Glasberg acknowledges. “Bringing Scottie Thompson back in Season 13 creates all kinds of opportunities for our characters. We are so excited to welcome her back into our family and promise the fans some genuine surprises.”

Question: Any word on Matt’s supposed new love interest on The Vampire Diaries? — Clare
Ausiello:
First of all, Clare, I’m glad to hear you’re also invested in the romantic future of Mystic Falls’ lone human. That said, the show is currently casting the role of Penny, a “cute” but “formidable” young cop who isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty when it comes to the supernatural. (Sounds like a perfect match for Matty Blue, no?)

Question: I need to know who that woman was hunting Stefan and Damon in Vampire Diaries‘ season premiere. Any intel? — Sasha
Ausiello:
You’re not alone, Sasha. We’re also dying to find out — so to speak — and this is probably a pretty big clue: The show is introducing a legendary vampire huntress named Hannah, who “literally cannot rest until her vengeance is complete.” Even if Hannah’s not the shadowy figure we saw in the premiere, I imagine her arrival is still going to be a major bummer for the Salvatores.

Question: Now that Fitz has Simmons back on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., will FitzSimmons shippers see their relationship throughout the current season? —Tony
Ausiello: Nary a soul not employed by Marvel would be able to preview the whole season, but ‘shippers such as yourself can take comfort in the fact that this Tuesday’s episode features a lot of hand-holding as well as a momentous occasion you perhaps thought had long been forgotten about. (That said, the very final scene uncorks quite a twist to it all.)

Question: Any scoop on How to Get Away With Murder? —Stew
Ausiello: A word of caution for those of you already passing judgment on Wes, Laurel, Michaela and Connor for abandoning the gravely injured Annalise on the HTGAWMfloor of the Hapstall mansion in those cryptic flash-forwards. “I find it hard to believe that any of them would be able to leave her bleeding there — whether they want her dead or not. They’re just kids,” says showrunner Pete Nowalk, with a chuckle. “Even if you think you want someone dead, if you shoot them, well, I know I’d have instant regret and want to fix it.”

Question: Hi Michael, I need anything you have on How to Get Away With Murder Season 2, plz n thx. —La-Shauna
Ausiello: K, ur n luck! B/C I hv intel. When we grilled Nowalk about when/whether we’ll learn the whereabouts of Rebecca’s body, here’s what he had to say: “No secret goes uncovered in the world — and especially in our world. If we don’t show you something, it’s for a reason.” Hmmm. Sounds like Wes and Eggs911 need to invest in some bloodhounds.

Question: Any scoop on the Looking wrap-up movie special? —Delanda
Ausiello: Filming gets underway on Nov. 2, which is why Jonathan Groff is stepping away from his role in the Broadway smash Hamilton for the entire month of November (Girls‘ Andrew Rannells will temporarily replace him in the musical). The working title of the two-hour sendoff is Looking For an Ending (I have to imagine that will change) and it finds the gang coming together to celebrate an important milestone. Several new faces will be joining Patrick, Dom & Co., including cute twentysomething tech savant Jimmy and thirtysomething “muscle bear” Jake.

Question: Hola! Any scoop on #Scorpion? —Javi
Ausiello: Hashtags have no place here, Javi. Ask Ausiello doesn’t work like that. Also, it’s annoying. But to your question, yes, I have a #Scorpion scoop. The sophomore nerdrama is bringing #WaltersDad into the present day (pops previously appeared via flashback, as played by #GlennKeogh), and he’s going to be joined by #WaltersMom (played by Pamela Shafer)! A family crisis of sorts brings the ‘rents to town later this #fall, and it doesn’t take mom long to figure out that #Paige is hot for her son. Mrs. O’Brien is also quick to remind her future daughter-in-law that #Walter is an #emotionalhotmess so, um, #thanksfornothingmom, #amiright?! (Toldja it was annoying).

AAQuestion: Do you have any more information about the Morgan flashback episode coming up this season on The Walking Dead? —Barry
Ausiello: Showrunner Scott M. Gimple wrote the episode while at Comic-Con last July, which is why he didn’t have much free time to actually enjoy Comic-Con. “It was weird to be across the street from Comic-Con — my 21st Comic-Con — and not [have time] to go in.” The sacrifice appears to have paid off, as the EP says, “Working on that episode was one of the great pleasures of the season for me.”

Question: Now that Once Upon A Time is delving into Camelot and King Arthur, will we be meeting Morgan Le Fay? —Joe
Ausiello: Matt Mitovich made a point to ask your question at Once’s New York Comic-Con panel on Friday, and sadly the answer was a firm no. “There is only so much we can fit in,” said co-creator Adam Horowitz. “We’re telling our spin on the Camelot story, but it’s really about our core Once Upon a Time characters.”

Question: Does Once Upon a Time’s Emma remember the warning she received when she was much younger, about pulling Excalibur from the stone? —Laura
Ausiello: She doesn’t just yet, and you can perhaps chalk that up to a crazy encounter not lodging itself too deeply in the mind of a tween. That said, Merlin-the-usher’s words will come into play as Season 5A unfolds. “That warning is prophetic,” says co-creator Eddy Kitsis, “and it will come back to either haunt — or warn — somebody.”

Question: Any scoop on Arrow? —Sara
Ausiello: Malcolm’s Season 4 will revolve “around Thea and trying to be a good father while also being the very evil, badass Ra’s al Ghul,” executive producer Wendy Mericle previews, adding that “we want to restore him to more of the Season 1 Malcolm who was going around and messing up Oliver’s plans and anyone else he can cross paths with.” Speaking of obstacles, Nyssa is “definitely not going to be on board with Malcolm as Ra’s,” Mericle says. “We’re hoping to take that in a cool, very fighty-fight orientated direction.”

This AAnd That…
♦ Laura Spencer’s promotion to series regular on The Big Bang Theory won’t prevent her from popping into Bones occasionally. In fact, look for her squintern, Jessica, to turn up in Episode 6 (airing in November). Teases EP Michael Peterson: “We’re going to see what happens with Jessica and Aubrey. We saw a little bit of a spark last year.”
♦ I caught the first episode of Fox’s X-Files revival at New York Comic-Con over the weekend and I’m relieved to report that it was really good. There were a couple of really cool callbacks, Scully and Mulder’s first scene together is the perfect balance of funny and tense, the new conspiracy is appropriately inscrutable, and the guest stars (most notably Joel McHale and Annet Mahendru) are aces.
♦ Despite his very abrupt exit during last Tuesday’s season premiere, Barry’s dad Henry (John Wesley Shipp) remains “part of the fabric” of The Flash, writer/executive producer Todd Helbing assures. “He still provides an emotional support that Barry needs, and he will make an appearance down the line.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Michael Slezak, Andy Swift and Vlada Gelman)

1. Ann says:

Is it too early to ask about renewals and cancellations?

2. lily says:

Interesting Bones news. :) looking forward to seeing it

3. Jeremy says:

I couldn’t stop laughing at all the hashtag in the Scorpion scoop.

4. MK says:

LOL best part of this week’s AA has to got to be your use of text – i mean txt – lingoin the HTGAWM question. Made me lol.

• Lash says:

omg i didn’t realize when i asked the question until after i hit send on the email. lol. i cant believe he answered!!!

5. BB says:

Why did ABC decline to comment? Fans can do the math, two weeks out of the country doesn’t leave much time to film an episode.

• BM says:

Yeah, that puzzles me too. It’s not like no one knew what was going on; SK posted photos on twitter/instagram herself.

• CastleBuzz says:

Very odd. Why the mystery from ABC? She followed a long weekend in Milano with her husband with a long week in Paris. Honeymoon, anyone? Looks to me as though eps may have been filmed out of order and this Beckett-lite ep might be the one with Slaughter (Adam Baldwin) they shot the week she was gone. I can’t believe they’d use that one to close the fall season.

• BM says:

There was a comment on twitter shortly before SK returned to the states that the episode with Slaughter (Baldwin) had been wrapped, so I’m pretty sure you’re right that they shot that episode while SK was gone.

• BM says:

Oh, and regarding using that episode to close out the fall season – given that they split up Castle and Beckett, I don’t think that would be a smart move. At all.

• Trina says:

It’s my understanding that they are filming out of order, and have switched up the airing order as well. The episode titled “Mr. and Mrs. Castle” should be the fall finale. Hopefully not the Slaughter ep!

• shirley says:

I don’t think the whole idea of the show-the split- and other parts of the story lline is what the fans may want.

• lkh says:

CastleBuzz-exactly where were you yesterday re: episode 4? Just overcome and distraught over the quality–I looked for your passion. Keep your head out of the oven.

• CastleBuzz says:

Hi, lkh, no head in the oven for me LOL. I wasn’t able to watch the ep until Tue evening. I posted a few replies at that point but my main post was rejected. I thought the ep was a mixed bag of great moments that moved the story arc of separation and quest along (albeit slowly) and terrific scenes between some of the actors with a rather mundane COTW and absolutely absurd scenes like the Mexican-themed party. I’m still moving forward, thinking positively that the writers-showrunners will find a good way out of this conundrum. I was sorry to see your change of heart. Hang in there….

• lkh says:

yeah, I just think the timing for that kind of episode, which I generally don’t care for, was really poor. They need to move ahead much more quickly and resolve this Loksat thing. I’m not sure I’ll hang in there.

• CastleBuzz says:

lkh, have to agree with you on that. As much as I love the show, I’ve always had a problem with how the showrunners would follow a seriously dramatic ep with a frivolous one, which aren’t my favorites either. It’s very jarring. In this case, they’re doing it against a background of sadness and melancholy because of the separation and the threat so it’s especially disruptive. I agree — they better pick up the pace if they want any viewers left.

• shirley says:

I’m hanging in there. I hope you are right.

• John NYC says:

Maybe they just didn’t want to set the precedent that they’d explain every move in the show to that level of detail regarding the stars movements?

• CastleBuzz says:

Could be. But those “details” came from Stana herself via her Instagram in a rare (for her) move. Her posts included personal shots as well as travel shots (both she and Kris are excellent photographers btw – good eye for composition and subject and lots in B&W, which I love).

6. Just one thing says:

By the time that Nov. 9 installment of Castle rolls around, viewers will already be quite familiar with “Beckett-lite” episodes.

• BB says:

You noticed that too last night, right?

• Just one thing says:

Yeah. Allie from the other thread only calculated 6:20 for C/B scenes, so I’m guessing Beckett was in 12-15 minutes of the episode.
        It’s hard to see that changing when you look at the promo pics for upcoming episodes.

• BB says:

Remind me again why Castle needed a new partner in crime-fighting and it couldn’t be Beckett.

Because reasons.

• BB says:

Can I use that poor excuse in court and expect not to be sentenced for life?

• Just one thing says:

Possibly, but I wouldn’t try!
            We shall see if this creative/business decision holds up after the fall.

• BB says:

I always thought that the one signing the checks was responsible for making creative changes, apparently not.

• lkh says:

try ‘just because, that’s why’. it sometimes works.

• CastleBuzz says:

Or “because I said so” like mommies always use.

• Patrick says:

In response to BB: in this case, Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion are the ones signing the checks. The only way the show can exist, and therefore make money for ABC, is if NF and SK agree to be IN the show. And, when they negotiated their most recent deals, it seems as though one of the main points was that they get more time off. Castle is, in theory, an ensemble show. But not really. In early seasons, NF was in like 80% of the scenes. SF was probably in 70% or more. And the fans wanted more. So the show gave them that. But now the show is in heavy syndication making tons of money for everyone. This year’s shows are already sold into syndication before they are even made. So NF and SK had a TON of leverage when they negotiated their new deals. ABC needed them, because unless they paid NF and SK more than 2 million per episode, or more potentially, the show was going to print money, no matter how bad domestic ratings ultimately prove to be. So NF and SK ran up against whatever hard cap ABC imposed on their salaries. Once that happens, they started negotiating other things. Notably, more time off, which amounts to a pay raise. Slightly more money than previously, for less work. For NF and SK, they are already pretty rich from Castle. Residuals will keep them wealthy for the foreseeable future.
            In a sense, BB is right. He who signs the checks has the power. But SK and NF are the reason the show can continue, so in a very real sense, THEY are the ones generating the money. ABC is merely signing over their cut of the profits at this point.

• Brad says:

Isn’t the episode they filmed where she wasent around the fall finale

• Just one thing says:

I don’t think they ever intended to air that Slaughter episode as their fall finale. The writers have set the bar of expectation with Ep7, which probably airs right after Slaughter and right before the fall finale ep – which will probably be when meet Caleb.

• CastleBuzz says:

Agree. Hope we’re right. Slaughter is one character I never wanted back.

big AGREE with that–this is a Firefly guy–another buddy

• Just one thing says:

I would take every other Firefly buddy over this one.

• lkh says:

NF belongs to a certain club–I’m expecting the rest of the Firefly community to show up at some time. :[

• John NYC says:

Morena Baccarin would be awesome. She was totally scary on The Mentalist.

• Just one thing says:

They completely wasted Gina Torres’ talent whem she was on in S6.
            She really could’ve hit something out of the park if she’d been given the chance.

• CastleBuzz says:

Well, Nathan has been and still is pitching a Castle ep with Alan Tudyk (shudder) so they might just get through all the Firefly buddies. I too wouldn’t mind Baccarin. Know her only from The Mentalist. Dr. Kelly Nieman, the Second, anyone? Creepy!

• DarkDefender says:

If this Intel is to be believed, it looks like SK chose to skip a week of filming for a fashion week outside of the country, where she was a spectator? I am starting to believe SK came back, but only in a limited way (by her choice). I would have preferred them using her sporadically while flashing back pre-winter break by showing us Castle’s whereabouts for those 2 months (each week for 8 episodes would have worked perfectly).
      It would have been a better explanation for seperaring them and could have lead to the eventual build up towards “getting the Caskett magic” back.
      I am also starting to believe the lack of SK/NF scenes together is less because of some personal differences between the two and more because of the seemingly creative differences in how the show is proceeding. I suspect SK may like the more dramatic (artsy) work on the show, where NF clearly loves the lighter more comedic aspects of the show (which is why, according to his interviews, that he begged for the role to begin with). In the end, Castle was a vehicle for NF (hoping to attract and maintain his many FF followers) and I think this season is possibly setting up to phase Beckett out (if it continues into season 9).. Because it is without a doubt been testing those waters in the first 4 episodes.
      The other thing abundantly clear about this seasons “spoilers” for Castle, is that there has been a concerted effort to steer clear from any notion of a happy ending (i.e.: happily married crime solving duo).. So that isn’t going to happen again any time soon.
      #sadface

• BB says:

What this season is proving is that Castle can’t work without the two of them, together, separate them or phase one of them off and and watch ratings go down the drain.

Pretty much

• ndixit says:

To be fair, the ratings were down the toilet from the premiere. It got a 1.2 demo in the first three eps which is pretty terrible given how consistent the show was for years before. The fourth ep got a 1.1. It will be down in fractionals by the time they get to the second half of the season and that’s not even because of the storyline. Castle ratings are generally at its best during the fall. In the winter and the spring it generally falls.

• Steven says:

Agree! You separate Caskett & ratings will surely suffer as it is doing right now. Stop “experimenting” & “testing the waters” already! It clearly is not working. Caskett is the draw. Why mess with it?

• Anonymous says:

I agree with all comments about Castle if Stana wanted time off leave the show don’t ruined with this BS story line. I also notice that she has not been tweeting things about the show as she and other cast members used to. I think and pray they will cancel the show and put us out of misery.

• castle lover says:

now i really felt betrayal after seeing that Stana, was out of vacation time not only at fashion week, but one another one during this time that she was suppose to be filming Castle. (t was probably in her contract that she could have the time off but come on,) now i don’t blame the showrunners/writers any more (as much). they’re doing the best that they can with only one real actor there (and to tell you i don’t think that he even is, i talking about mentally)! i know that they have other lives but to have her “late” cause of her movies and now this vacations weeks at a time(not in the same country), no wonder the shows going down hill. the writers are working around that, is that why “caskett” was broken up cause the actor didn’t want to do it any more, looking that way for me. if she didn’t want to do it anymore just say so and move on stop string the fans along, just say i am out, we had a good ending to season 7, but the way 8 is turning out to be a joke.
            i hear that there are two more esp before the break that don’t have but a few minutes of her in them. Now i see why the fans are in a up roar, not really because of the storyline it’s the actors as well, can’t have Caskett together without her! Way to go ABC and Stana, I can’t believe that you did that to your fans. for me i probably will not watch anything else of hers or ABC!

• CastleBuzz says:

Stana is not responsible for this story arc any more than Nathan is. Sometimes when a show is renewed as late as Castle was last season, the actors have other projects lined up. The producers of The Rendezvous waited for Stana to be finished filming Castle Season 7 and her scheduled marriage a couple of days after Castle wrapped. She was in Jordan two days after her wedding for The Rendezvous. Sister Cities got funded and scheduled quite quickly. The producers had to work around four TV actresses schedules. Stana’s scenes were done in about two weeks so she could finish The Rendezvous and wouldn’t miss more than a week or so of Castle. When she returned to filming Castle, she had an extra heavy workload shooting the Beckett-heavy ep 2 and her scenes for ep 1. She’s known for working hard. Give her a break.

• Beckstle says:

They’ve shot episodes without much Nathan while he was on vacation and it was fine. The issue isn’t Stana’s vacation. It’s the writing.

• Just one thing says:

There could have been other reasons why she chose to go on vacation that week.
        Fillion went on vacation a couple seasons back, right in the middle of production, during a Beckett-heavy episode. Maybe the same is happening here.

• Beckstle says:

Very true. It seems most likely that the heavy Baldwin shoot and her time off were planned that way. It’s not that Stana decided to just take off and forced them to do a “Beckett-lite” episode. It’s was going to be a “Baldwin-heavy” episode that gave Nathan time to hang with his Firefly buddy so she didn’t need to be there. As you said, they’ve done the reverse before. For, “In the Belly of the Beast” Nathan was on vacation.

• lkh says:

Goodness, DD, you do sound sad.

These things you point out have been there a while, yes? She’s very Indie, artsy as you say–he’s really more, huh, something else. Outside the work place, they really don’t seem to have much in common at all–this is biased based upon any information available from the ‘news’–again, the ways the spend their leisure.

Sorry.

• DarkDefender says:

I didn’t get on the Castle train until the beginning of season 5. I heard the hoopla about “Always,” [actually here, on TVLine] so I checked it out, and after watching the pilot (which was perfection) I fell in love with the show. I am no longer the gung-ho Castle fan. I’ll watch, but it just doesn’t excite me anymore. The BTS speculation and the poor planning of each season makes me not look forward to each new episode.. Like I still look forward to the next episodes of other shows I enjoy watching.
          I also find it difficult to care about a show where the showrunners seem to be winging it and there seems to be no good news to look forward to in the storylines I care about. It also is worrisome when the leads fail to promote their own work. If they don’t care about their own show, why should I? But that’s just me and I don’t have to watch, but I do and I respect others opinions on the show, the writing, and show running.. I’m just not loving it.

• lkh says:

I totally understand. I really, as you know, thought the first 2 episodes were good (I know the last 5 minutes :[ ) The last two episodes, not good and last night left me very unhappy. I’ve watched the show from day 1 and have all the DVDs except season 7-ugh. I’m embarrassed to tell you how many times I have watched them. But I’ve just about come to the conclusion that I’m done, at least regarding Monday night. Do have Hulu, but am kinda sad about this whole thing too. I’m even sad I feel the way I do and am actually a little surprised.

OR it could be that it’s so damn hot and humid in California that it’s driven me over the edge and I’m only interested in slasher movies. grrrr

• CastleBuzz says:

lkh, you might be on to something. We’re having delightful, sunny fall weather here in Connecticut, temps in the 40s at night, 60s during the day, leaves turning gold, orange and red. Nothing like New England in the fall. Hence my good mood about all things, including Castle. Stay cool. :):)

• lkh says:

CastleBuzz–is that what I want to hear? double grrr

• CastleBuzz says:

LOL. Sorry, lkh, you can get me back in the middle of February when we have 2 feet of snow, temps in the teens, ice on the streets, salt crusting our cars, and home heating bills in the hundreds per month. Fair?

• lkh says:

ya know what? I lived in Minnesota for what I like to call ‘5 winters’–don’t complain :)

• CastleBuzz says:

Hey, lkh, I was just offering you a payback. :) Actually Connecticut’s winters are a breeze compared to upstate NY, where I lived for more than two decades and where the average annual snowfall is more than most places in MN as well as many in the Dakotas and even Alaska. I’ve lived through my share of 4-6 foot blizzards that were on top of the usual 120 inches over a winter.

• CastleBuzz says:

Don’t think SK “chose” to skip a week of filming…she just went on a prearranged vacation, probably a honeymoon and more than likely negotiated before she signed her contract. Nathan often gets a Monday or Friday off when he does his con shows. The fashion show btw was just one afternoon.

• DarkDefender says:

If she is only in one scene of the episode (as reported above), then she missed more than a day of filming. I am not judging her decision, I am commenting on the lack of caring of the end product of this show. Beckett in one scene at this critical stage in the apparent reboot to “bring back the Caskett tension” seems like a misstep.. And tells me the show is not going in any creative direction that I am hoping it will go.

• CastleBuzz says:

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. She spent 2-3 days in Milano, one at the fashion shows (she wears that designer’s clothes and was invited by him to attend – a big deal apparently). Also attended an opera at La Scala and did some sightseeing before going to Paris for 8 days or so — more sightseeing, museum going, opera attending, and night clubbing. So, yeah, if she knew she’d be in Milano that weekend, it made sense to add a week’s vacation/honeymoon since her schedule this summer didn’t permit any time off. It is what it is and it’s the writers’ job is to make some sense of it. I’m still hoping they can pull it off.
            I understand the frustration and disappointment you and so many Castle fans are feeling, but I still have faith that the cast, crew and creators on the show care about the product. As for not promoting the show, that’s not unusual for such an old show, both promotion by the network and by the stars.

@castle buzz

i wish that i had your confidence after reading that, but i don’t I feel……
            now i really felt betrayal after seeing that Stana, was out of vacation time not only at fashion week, but one another one during this time that she was suppose to be filming Castle. (t was probably in her contract that she could have the time off but come on,) now i don’t blame the showrunners/writers any more (as much). they’re doing the best that they can with only one real actor there (and to tell you i don’t think that he even is, i talking about mentally)! i know that they have other lives but to have her “late” cause of her movies and now these (two that i know of) vacations weeks at a time(not in the same country), no wonder the shows going down hill. the writers are working around that, is that why “caskett” was broken up cause the actor didn’t want to do it any more, looking that way for me. if she didn’t want to do it anymore just say so and move on stop string the fans along, just say i am out, we had a good ending to season 7, but the way 8 is turning out to be a joke.
            i don’t have much hope left for this show, i might just walk away now. very sad to say..shakes head, i think that this might have just destroyed it all for me. I hope that the rest of you can enjoy but i don’t think that i can any more. cryng…….

.but thanks for 7 great years!

• CastleBuzz says:

Dark: “I think this season is possibly setting up to phase Beckett out (if it continues into season 9).. Because it is without a doubt been testing those waters in the first 4 episodes.”
        I can see how some might think this but consider that so far the driving force behind these 4 eps is a Beckett-centric story. Once again without her character there is no story except for the two weak COTWs of eps 3 & 4 and Rick clowning around. She is still the raison d’etre of the plot and story arc. That’s a strange way of testing whether the show could survive without her.

• lkh says:

I’m starting to believe all this intrigue that I usually don’t buy into. SK said the negotiations weren’t extended, she was out of the country and people were doing it for her. Now I wonder, did she want to be phased out slowly–not destroy the show or make folks lose jobs, but just only commit for reduced time in season 8. It certainly is reduced. I know everyone is going to point out money and that’s why she back, blah, blah–sure probably, maybe I get from her that the cash may not be all it is with her.

Many people post that they would watch a Castle only show–I wouldn’t but I guess it could survive.

• Just one thing says:

I’ve been meaning to give you credit, lkh: you predicted back in May that Castle might be Beckett-lite throughout the season, and I found it hard to believe that the actorder would get pat increases to work less.
            Five months later, here we are.

• Just one thing says:

Actors would get pay increases*

• CastleBuzz says:

That’s always a possibility. But — sorry, I always have a but — when she said her negotiations weren’t extended, she also said or implied that they didn’t start for her until AFTER Nathan signed the dotted line. I don’t recall the exact timing of events last spring, but he re-signed only about six weeks before she did. If her negotiations didn’t start until then and she wanted some changes and assurances, then that’s not long at all for Hollywood haggling.

• lkh says:

Thanks JOT! Guess I don’t always remember all my drivel. Regarding my forecast (or would that be for cast? :] ), hope I didn’t bring bad juju to the whole decision making. I am close to LA.

And as I said above, I really think she is phasing out and agreed to do this for altruistic reasons, to help and give time to develop a series without her. It appears that way to me. And unlike many who post here, I think it was a kind, considerate gesture and she shouldn’t be attacked for doing it. (some of these attacks are so personal and vindictive) This is her job, people have a right to change jobs. I just hope the season doesn’t end with a fatality. :(

I’ve noted that PI office and the first thought I had when I saw it was that it was an expensive set, unlike many that they use on the show and therefore, I feel that it is there for the duration. So I think Castle PI is here to stay.

Hopefully this prognostication is way off.

Do you think I should spend more time in Vegas? It could be a living…

• CastleBuzz says:

So, lkh, your predictive powers are the reason for all this angst? That’s powerful stuff. I’ll manage you in Vegas. Still, how does it jibe with the time traveler’s “prediction” (what’s the opposite?) of Senator and three kids?
            If Stana came back for the reasons you suggest, that would be extraordinarily nice of her. Only now it’s backfiring. Not only is her character getting bashed, so is she.

• lkh says:

CB–of course I’m not naive enough to believe she didn’t get paid–but I still believe it is a gesture on her part. This is, of course, speculation, how would I know? Just watching the moves.

I put very little stock in the time traveler, especially after saying Castle would become a serious, well respected author–different than successful. I’m also the one who doesn’t believe Bracken is really dead, so take that when considering reliability.

Maybe she’s pregnant (ha), so many feel that they have visual evidence :(–JOT seems supportive of this idea (kidding JOT, calm yourself)
            We’re really just mixing work lives and private lives and really just guessing about all of it. She’s gone for a reason–perhaps just simply busy with other commitments.

Probably should end the weather reports–know that upstate gets lots of snow, competes with Sierra Nevada mtns, Mn does not get a lot of snow, it’s too cold to snow!

• Patrick says:

In replay to DD’s OP, I think SK is one of those creative types that was drawn to acting in order to play lots of different roles. Lots of actors like changing things up and doing different things. They aren’t really 9 to 5 types. They just aren’t wired that way. Josh Charles was this way, and he was very open about that. He just got bored doing the same thing every week. Based on some interviews she’s done, I feel that SK likes doing different things. She’s bored, and she’s looking for an exit. Biologically, she’s approaching the end of her peak birth giving years, if that appeals to her. And she literally has enough money to do ANYTHING at this point. I don’t think her heart has been in this for a while, not that it ever showed up in her performance, which was always great. She’s just not wired for a steady job, which is what Castle has become. I’m not sure what the demand is for her wrt movies, but she’ll work steadily for at least a few years, even if its not in big budget movies. Nate loves attention, so he’ll do another series if possible, and the producers of that show will pay SF six figures an ep for a few appearances on that show, regardless of their feelings for one another.
        This show should have ended last year. The two leads don’t really have their hearts in it anymore. Their demands for more time off essentially killed the show. It wasn’t out of malice. It was out of boredom, laziness, and disinterest. Better shows haven’t survived a lot lesser maladies.

• lkh says:

I guess I believe what you say–maybe not the biology part. She really sincerely has different priorities and as I said above, I don’t think it’s driven by money. We all want to get paid, but many are driven by other issues too.

I think NF is working toward a spin off. I don’t see him doing serious movies. I think TV, internet is his thing. He loves technology, he’s happy there.

• JImN says:

You can tell by the way she spends her time searching out new projects with new people that she want different acting challenges. Shows up in the way she plays Beckett as well. But, people in long running shows often get to the point that they need a change. Nathan and Stana have been very close, emotionally and physically, for 7 and now 8 seasons. Sometimes it’s just time to move on like Anderson and Duchovny did in the X Files.

• Betisa says:

it is impossible for a showrunner develop a decent story in a tv show where the two lead actors do not get along, this is why I stopped blaming the writers.

@bestlsa
          .exactly how i feel, i don’t blame the showrunners/writers any more after reading that, I think that they are doing a great job but it’s hard if the actors don’t want to do it. Their actions have shown us that. I just wish they could have ended it last year on a high note then givin us this crap, i can’t stand to watch it anymore. Thanks guys for ruining one of the best shows in my history, (one that i didn’t think possible after x-files).

7. M. says:

Don’t get me wrong, I really like Castle season 8 so far, but with “scoop” like that the ratings won’t get any better :(

@m

it’s not going to get any better i’m afraid. i think that it will be canceled after this season. which is really really sad. i wanted to see them go out with a bang (high note) and saw far not happening. I hope they can “wow” me but i don’t think so. I have enjoy the season but now…..i think that i wont be back. it’s not worth the “heartache” for me.

• shirley says:

Been trying to deal with the new season.
      The more I read, the worse it gets.
      Going to have to give up reading comments.

8. charlie says:

Boo,my question wasn’t answered. :'(

9. Lillian says:

Please tell me that Jeanne/Tony kiss in the picture is from the episode they’re filming and not from a flashback. Please, please, please. And thank you.

• Darlene says:

Oh, how I wish it was, but it looks like Season 4 Tony hair to me. Lol! I do hope Jeanne and Tony can at least reconcile their differences. She was such an important part of his life, and even though he left her broken hearted with a chance to move on, It was Tony who could not move on (“real love, real bad break up”). A reconciliation could be Tony’s chance to move on (either with Zoe, Jeanne, or someone not yet known).

10. Darlene says:

So happy to see Scottie Thompson return to NCIS. Great chemistry between Jeanne and Tony. A chance to resolve their relationship perhaps the way Don Bellisario had originally intended? No matter what happens, the return of Scottie’s character is sure to impact Tony…and give Michael Weatherly the opportunity to shine.

• Erin says:

I’m excited that Jeanne is coming back to NCIS. I really hope it’s a good ongoing story. I would really enjoy seeing them become involved romantically again. I loved the Tony that we saw in season 4. I hope the story gives Tony some drama and danger. I’m so tired of the constant Gibbs drama with Tony sidelined as the team joke.

• Sherri says:

I have always enjoyed the chemistry between these two characters. Even if they don’t end up back together, I hope they at least can come to better terms with each other and their shared past.

11. Britt says:

I sincerely hope the Morgan flashback won’t be as yawnworthy as the Governor’s side episodes. That was a waste of two episodes that still hurts.

12. BB says:

Matt, is episode 8 of Castle airing on November 9 or are you talking about a different episode? Because that would be two Beckett-lite episodes not one.

• Lysh says:

This is Michael’s scoop, dude. But it sounds like 8A is eight episodes so the eighth would be on the 23rd? I don’t know.

• CastleBuzz says:

Episodes are sometimes filmed in an order different from the order they are shown. I think that’s what’s happening here. The ep 8×08 (as we know it – the one with Slaughter) will appear on Nov 9. No new ep scheduled for one week in between now and then.

@Castlebuzz
        so there’s only 4 esp until winter break? i don’t get it? anyway, probably wont watch them….i don’t like that guy, sorry not a great actor for me, (sorry Adam-someone out there loves you, just not me). And if no “Caskett” even a little bit…..sorry won’t be there, hope they can get this mess cleared up soon.

13. Amanda says:

Regarding the shadowy woman shooting at the Salvatore brothers my first thought was that it was a brain washed Caroline. She was kidnapped by Momma Salvatore, and last we saw was being tortured a la Shades of Gray….what do you think Michael…..?

14. darkangel200 says:

Can’t wait to see Jeanne back on NCIS! So curious to see what this is about.

15. Joni says:

Gotta say I’m pretty excited that Scottie’s episode is in November for sweeps and hoping the “possibly recurring” comes to pass. Thanks for the [vintage?] photo with the Q&A, Michael.

Love your #Answer to the #Scorpion #Spoiler. ;-)

16. Lysh says:

I’m glad you saw and enjoyed the premiere of The X-Files. I was wondering since you posted about the panel!

17. Angela says:

Oooh, okay, that info about the whereabouts of Rebecca’s body has me VERY intrigued. Hmmm. And I had a feeling the gang wouldn’t just leave Annalise lying there without any aid (though the “want her dead”/”if you shoot them” thing has me raising an eyebrow-sounds like a hint as to who’s responsible for her lying there like that. Again I say, hmm).
    Also, yay for hearing that Joel McHale fits well into the “X-Files” episode :D! Will look forward to that, then.
    And now I’m going to kick back with some popcorn, because I have a distinct feeling this section will be flooded with discussions about that first “Castle” spoiler :p.

18. Tom says:

Stopped watching NCIS because I couldn’t endure Bishop’s childish behavior anymore! Thank you for letting me know that there’s no reason to start watching again! That whiny annoying woman back in poor DiNozzo’s arms will be enough to end NCIS soon!
    I hope Ziva returns in the last episode to kick her butt and me and my family will gladly watch!

• AJ says:

Cote de Pablo will never be back. The actress felt she deserved the same pay as her male costars despite have 2 less years into the series.

• So you were with Cote & the network during contract negotiations AJ? #YeahRight

• Tom says:

Well, she deserved to be paid like her female co-stars!
        But funny that you think you know what will happen!
        As long as this show is on air anything is possible! The blonde actress trying to play an agent proves it! My son tries do to Karate and at the age of 10 he’s more believable than Bishop! We’ll see! Let’s talk after the very last episode! :)

• Leia says:

She was paid as well if not better than her fellow female co stars. In fact better although she hadn’t been there as long as Pauley. Both MW and SM were there before her, she certainly didn’t deserve their pay equal, or MH by a long shot. By the way Cote wasn’t always doing the fight scenes either, as they found she couldn’t carry it off consistently,and if you are saying that Bishop can’t fight then it’s likely her stunt double who can’t.

• susan0426 says:

Why not! Equal pay for equal work. This is discrimination against women and should have been stopped a long time ago. NCIS is NOT as good now as it was with her on it.

• mary says:

The increase in pay coincided with how long each have been there. She was already getting paid more than Pauley & Sean. She wanted the same as Weatherly. I’m sorry but that would not happen in the normal job market.

• Erin says:

I don’t miss Ziva at all. She had long over stayed her ability to be interesting. While Bishop isn’t my absolute favorite I’m glad that she’s nothing like her tragic ninja Barbie predecessor.

• Dean says:

a show you don’t watch yet whine profusely about. I’m gonna assume you’re the baby in this supposed family you speak of.

19. Susan says:

Will we ever see the character of Zvi in any upcoming episode of NCIS?

20. NC says:

So are the rumors right, will Stana leave Castle after the fall?

• Betisa says:

why not?

• lkh says:

agree, why do you say no?

• Just one thing says:

Because TVLINE already said she’s in for all 22-23 episodes , and they’ve been right about everything else.
          They never said she would be in 30-35 minutes of every episode…

@jot
            that’s another confirm for me that she doesn’t want to be there, I got one question, but only really she can answer, .
            why the F—– did she even bother to come back, she’s destroying not only her character, but the show in my eyes, and guess what i’m out of here, And Stana, i wont be watching anything that you do ever again. sorry girl you just lost a big fan!

• BetiSA says:

“@castle lover”
            I agree with you. I don’t understand them, NF&SK
            If they are not happy why did they sign for another season?
            I hope the $$ is not the only one answer. I will be disappointed.

• lkh says:

JOT–approximately 22-23 at this point? Will she be missing some? can’t keep track of all the various projections.

• CastleBuzz says:

Yes, what JOT said is the reason I said NO. Only 22 eps ordered as of this time. She’s supposedly makes at least an appearance in each one. For how long each ep, unknown. I personally think Stana’s time per ep will start increasing after the winter break….just a guess on my part as I think that’s when things will heat up with both her secret investigation and Rick. The new showrunners did warn us that her scheduling conflicts made them have to come up with a storyline to accommodate them. After working straight through the spring/summer, perhaps she felt she needed a lighter work schedule in the fall.
            castle lover – you say you have a question that only Stana can answer but then you make a decision to not only not watch the show but blame and hate her based on your assumption of that answer. Where’s the sense in that? We’re all just speculating here and we may never know who’s responsible for this story arc. Why dump all the blame on her based on other people’s negative guesswork?

@nc
      .is that true that she was thinking that……maybe it’s for the best, not impress with her character and now i feel as a fan betrayed! sorry i feel this way about you Stana but i do, you guys hearts aren’t in the show any more!

21. Pat Goss says:

Any spoilers on criminal minds
    Especially Derek Morgan & Garcia.

22. Ruth Ann Walker says:

WOW, glad to hear Bones is having a thanksgiving episode…….Ok Brennan on the Show & off the Show is a Vegan….. So I assume no turkey? I know maybe she will serve Mac & Cheese……JOKE, haha……I love Bones…….So I know it will be a great episode.

23. kmw says:

I cannot believe any fan of Bones would ever hope for a Christmas episode again. They haven’t done one since season five or six. But very excited we are getting a Thanksgiving episode. That sounds great and I bet that is the episode Parker comes back at least. Can you imagine Brennan cooking for a large amount of people.

• Beckstle says:

The season five Christmas episode of Bones was very good…things got wonky after that, but that was one of the better episodes.

• Ella says:

Actually there’s some stuff circulating on twitter saying that there will be a christmas episode this season…but I can’t verify the source, it apparently came from Michael Peterson directly via a radio interview. (@SDCC_Bones_Fans on twitter if you’re interested)

• Nancy says:

Brennan hosted the season 5 Christmas episode, so she has cooked for a large amount of people! I look forward to a Halloween ep, a Thanksgiving ep, AND a possible Christmas episode?? Sounds like a holiday trifecta for Bones fans!!

• kmw says:

Sorry I forgot about that. It will however be funny probably lots of vegan jokes going to go around. That’s great if they can squeeze in a Christmas episode too.

24. peterwdawson says:

Can Nyssa just kill Malcolm already?

• Sil says:

I love Barrowman, but, very tired of Merlyn. Arrow needs someone close to the League to bring Sara and whoever else back from the dead or almost dying.

• peterwdawson says:

Yeah, that about sums it up. I like Barrowman a lot, I really do, but Merlyn did not need to be a main character. It felt like all the stuff they did with him last season came at the expense of characters like Nyssa.

25. Jess Ann says:

Abc has pushed Stana aside for some Nathan slap stick crap and calling it Castle. Wish they had cancelled instead of killing a great show by burying it’s talented star, Stana, in favor of a bumbling Nathan

26. I am so done with Beckett. The show can be retooled and feature Castle, Alexis, Martha with Espo and Ryan helping out. I have enjoyed Castle getting to have fun and just be himself.

• Anonymous says:

Just hit an all-time low in ratings / share this past week. Following the horrible storyline and featuring more Castke and less Becket. Last season. No doubt about it.

• castle lover says:

.last weeks esp was the last for me after reading this…….

• Lexi says:

I agree I have enjoyed t he show with less Beckett… it’s fun and the dynamic with Castle and Alexis as partners is great. Do the”fans” want Castle gone? If not happy don’t watch.

• Beckstle says:

Judging by the ratings that’s exactly what’s happening. More people aren’t happy with the new direction and have stopped watching. If they keep pushing this Castle/Alexis thing and the insane, makes-no-sense breakup of Castle and Beckett I expect more viewers will take your advice and send the show into the arms of the Cancel Bear. It’s sad. :(

• Steven says:

Ratings don’t lie, Lexi. Be VERY careful what you wish for. Anything with a Beckett-lite ep, ratings are super low. It is not hard to understand that viewers LOVE watching Caskett solving crimes TOGETHER! No ifs or buts about it. I hope they switch the airing of the Slaughter & Castle heavy ep before the Winter hiatus with the ep before it 8X07 since from the snippets I read has a substantial amount of Caskett scenes because if not they will alienate more fans. Can you imagine there will be another long hiatus & the last thing fans want is a Slaughter/Castle ep with one teeny scene of Beckett to tide fans over the Winter break. That move will be disastrous. Just fix things between Caskett already! A happily married Caskett solving crimes together IS sexy!

• Jerri says:

A happily married Caskett solving crimes together is sexy, but gets super boring for a TV show after awhile.

• Annie says:

Strongly disagree. Fillion and Katic are magic together. Regardless of what is happening bts the chemistry these two generate as Castle and Beckett is unmatched on tv. A happily married couple solving crimes has and can make great tv (Hart to Hart anyone). BUT, it needs writers who aren’t afraid to focus on writing interesting cases with smart, witty dialogue.

• mazel tov says:

Nonsense. There are models of successful husband/wife crime solving duos. Nick and Nora in the Thin Man, Mr & Mrs North (novels, a Broadway play, radio and TV), Hart to Hart, MacMillan and Wife.

At least once upon a time the screen crackled with magic when Filion and Katic were together. I haven’t seen that electricity in quite some time.

@steven
          .what i understand is that slaghter esp which i think that i will skip, if i even watch again. is to air nov9 and that’s not the last esp of the fall!

• Steven says:

It has been retooled which was a TERRIBLE move & a move that was totally unnecessary hence the low ratings! Viewers want to see Caskett together. Not Alexis. Why in the world did they mess with Caskett? There’s time. Please fix it!

@steven
        .i don’t blame the writers/sunnrunners, that much anymore reading all this about Stana, i have to put the blame more towards her…..and she is part “Caskett” i don’t see them getting back together fighting crimes and all……(that was the main part of the show-without it the show doesn’t work!) the ratings will just plummet to a crash and burn. just kill it already. you guys better be prepared for it. you don’t marry a couple then blow them up and this is what is happening, very very sad……..thanks to all of ABC and to Castle’s CAST and Crew for doing that for me! but i do thank you for 7 great years.)

• Beckstle says:

@Castlelover This has little to do with Stana. It’s as likely the Baldwin episode didn’t have her much in it whether she was in town or not. When Nathan took off on vacation and they shot “In The Belly of the Beast” was it because he went on vacation, or because the episode was already Castle lite? Who knows? The episode turned out okay because of the story and writing. What’s going on now is bad writing. Stana’s not the one who wrote this breakup with such a flimsy reason. Everyone knows how a story is pitched can turn out to be quite different in how it’s actually written. That’s what it looks like happened with season 8. Even when she’s there they are in few scenes together that’s how it’s written. That’s not on Stana.

• CastleBuzz says:

Thanks, Beckstle. I’m getting tired of responding to castle lover’s rants about Stana. Even if the rest of the fall eps are mediocre, I’ve still got faith things will get better post winter break. By then keeping Caskett separated should be getting more difficult and Beckett should be making good progress on solving the Big Bad (or conversely realizing she can’t and calling in the Calvary).

• AJ says:

Then stop watching!

27. Lash says:

Thanks for answering my question on HTGAWM!!!! Love that show!!!!

28. ninergrl6 says:

Bummed that OUAT will be Morgan-less. So much potential there, especially on a show that’s so centered around magic. Missed opportunity!

29. Renata says:

Thank you very much for the Looking scoop! Can’t wait for the movie!

30. lorna says:

I hope tvd ends this season.

31. Jessica says:

Of course castle hits its all time bad that’s what happens when you break up castle and Beckett that was a dumb move. They wrecked the show

@jessica
      that and the actors too! i blame Stana more now, she’s part of “Caskett” that made the show what it is and yet she’s not there…….what a shame for me to feel this way. i don’t know that i can even follow anymore of her works……

• Beckstle says:

This mess isn’t about Stana. So yes, it is a shame. This is about writing choices. It’s as likely the Baldwin episode didn’t have her much in it whether she was in town or not. When Nathan took off on vacation and they shot “In The Belly of the Beast” was it because he went on vacation, or because the episode was already Castle lite? Who knows? The episode turned out okay because of the story and writing. What’s going on now is bad writing. Stana’s not the one who wrote this breakup with such a flimsy reason. Everyone knows how a story is pitched can turn out to be quite different in how it’s actually written. That’s what it looks like happened with season 8. Even when she’s there they are in few scenes together that’s how it’s written. That’s not on Stana.

• BB says:

@Castle lover
        Which tree did you fall from?

32. JImN says:

My guess is that Stana Katic has additional “outs” in her contract to provide support for the 2 movies she made during summer hiatus. Rendezvous is attempting to debut at Sundance the last 2 weeks in January. Sister Cities will be out in 2016. Of course if Castle never returns in February it won’t make much difference.

• lkh says:

that’s interesting. Be nice to get at Sundance. She made one a year or so ago, Tourist, that’s been in post production forever–do you know about it?

• CastleBuzz says:

Sundance is the goal for The Rendezvous and, yes, Stana may need a day here and there for some PR. Most of that, however, could probably be done on weekends.
        As for The Tourist, filmed during summer 2014 in Firenze, my understanding is that it was never completed. Its story depended on filming that summer’s matches of Calcio Fiorentino, an old form of Italian football that’s very rough and dangerous, and only played once a year in June in Firenze. For some reason, the final match was cancelled that year and the film had to make do with what they had. It’s still listed as being in post-production. There was a rumor last spring that they were going to film the needed scenes from the 2015 final match but I haven’t seen anything that suggests that was done. Whether the film will ever be released now remains to be seen.

• ndixit says:

There is no reason they will pull Castle mid season. The show has no chance of making it to season 9 but there is no reason to believe that it won’t finish season 8.

• Anonymous says:

In my opinion it could be pulled in fall,bad writing and all time lows in ratings .Seems to me that is why shows are pulled.

@ndlxlt
        .yes there is if no one is watching the show! like me……

• Beckstle says:

You keep blaming Stana, but you have no idea why things were done the way they were. Everyone thought Nathan wasn’t going sign and according to Stana and Seamus no one’s contracts were dealt with until “others” got handled first. He didn’t sign until April, when filming was either done or in it’s last couple of weeks. People had to make plans for their lives, not just wait for him to make up his mind. He had more negotiation time. She took a mere month after he signed. When Nathan signed Marlowe left. The new writers could only have given Stana a vague outline of what would happen, we don’t even know if she knew about the breakup – she could have been told Beckett would be a police captain. We just don’t know. What we do know – is how this story was written. Stana didn’t write the breakup and she’s not who’s written them apart. Even when she’s been there the actors have little screen time. That’s on the writing. Not the actors. Even TVLine says they are guessing as to how come Stana could leave on vacation. It could be an out, it could be that she wasn’t much in the Baldwin episode to begin with. We don’t know. All we know are the writing choices – and they’ve been awful.

• Gern Blanston says:

You’re being logical. Have you read castle lover’s posts? The person sounds borderline suicidal over the current state of the show. I wouldn’t waste my time trying to convince them of anything. And to throw in my two cents about Castle, I don’t think that this story is written poorly. I think that it is too early to judge. If the payoff is weak then this will all be for nothing, however if the payoff is strong then looking back this could be the first chapter in an interesting story. I just think that for this type of story snap judgments on an episode to episode basis are almost pointless.

• CastleBuzz says:

Gern, wise words. I’m going to try to take your advice. I know you were addressing Beckstle but I’m in the same boat. It’s just soooo hard not to respond to the nonsense.
            I too am waiting for the “payoff” for a final evaluation of season 8 so far. As you say, it’s early days still.

@jimn
      i don’t think it will make any difference for me, cause i wont be watching either one, she’s destroyed that for me. i already feel betrayed as a “CAslte” fan and…….for me why the he!! didn’t see just stick to making movies, then giving us this crap of a season!

• Just one thing says:

I think you may want to consider changing your name. Perhaps to “Copy/Paste Lover,” or “Lover of Repetition.”

• I'm going to let you finish but says:

You do realize that Nathan signed first and then they talked to Stana? She’s in the episodes as much as TPTB/ABC/Writers want her to be. They renewed the show WITHOUT CARING if she signed her contract or not.

Stop bashing Stana, do you have idea what “nonsense” females go through in Hollywood? Do you not see all the sexism and misogyny that is in Hollywood? Do you not see all the misogyny in the first four episodes of this season alone? She’s not the one saying how wonderful and great it is that Alexi & Winter think this show is a comedy and not a drama. Right now it’s a joke because Alexi & Winter think they can write a better season 4 and a better “Always”.

Remember Stana didn’t make Alexi write an episode featuring Adam, nor did she tell him to brag about it. It’s not Stana killing Caskett, SHE IS THE BIGGEST CASKETT SHIPPER EVER.

The writers room, and the production office of Castle is all full of men (there are 2 women writers, one newbie and one who’s been there a while) who THINK you can replace one female for another. All of Hollywood is full of them. If Angelina Jolie, Jennifer FREAKING Lawrence & Charlize Theron (freaking OSCAR WINNERS) are mistreated, then believe that Stana is also being mistreated. No, she’s not a snowflake, but she is not given the same consideration as males. Don’t believe me, google it. While you’re googling search Rose McGowan, and the other women who are finally starting to come out about what it’s really like being a woman in Hollywood.

And last but not least, #1 on the call sheet always has the most power. Always. Google Mark Harmon & Don Bellisario, and you’ll see how #1 on call sheet was able to get a show runner fired (I AM NOT SAYING NATHAN DID THE SAME, just giving an example of the power #1 on call sheet has). So if any actor is calling the shots it sure isn’t a female actor, or #2 on the call sheet. Don’t take my word for it, again google and you’ll see this.

Now I’m sure she had scheduled time off, which all parties agreed to, just like Nathan has time off. They don’t owe their lives to a tv show. They can and should be able to live their lives and enjoy it! They can’t just work 12-16 hours days for our entertainment. Stana doesn’t owe you anything. Get a grip, read a book, talk a walk, have some ice cream or cake. Sheesh. :D

33. Luli says:

As always I’ll watch, but i’m not interested in Beckett-lite episodes.

Castle’s been my fav show for a long time… but this season has been meh, and I wouldn’t mind the break up if the reason behind it wasn’t so stupid. Way to ruin a show in four eps.

@lull
      .those were the worst for me as well, i loved both her and Castle equally and right now, i don’t…..i am off balance and falling quick……someone save me! where is super girl when you need her.

34. Marie says:

BRING BACK ZIVA

• Chrissie Cooper says:

My, aren’t you tardy to the party. Cote chose to leave NCIS to do other things. Now, how pray tell, can you bring back someone who has no interest in doing their job anymore? Are you suggesting kidnapping? Or are you just not familiar with the word, Q.U.I.T.? SMH

• John NYC says:

Recast?

Maybe Josie Loren, or?

35. Castlefan says:

The Bones Thanksgiving could be fun – it’s looking promising this year and the families are generally great.
    Glad to hear The X-Files is good: they seem to have involved some of the best writers and 6 new episodes could be very welcome in the new year.
    They shouldn’t try to make Castle without Stana: if the leads need more time off they should do 10-13 episodes instead of 22 and keep the standard high. The only way I’ll watch that episode is if I hear Martha’s in every other scene, because I’m not interested in another Firefly reunion (although Gina Torres was excellent).

@castlefan
      .exactly, i don’t want to see any other the “firefly” cast again (sorry-they were good on that show and well…..not so much on Castle) and you’re right if they wanted more time shorten the season and let us enjoy “Caskett”. that’s all that we fans (most fans anyway, in any form,) wanted, to see them, but i guess that’s to much to ask for. what a shame…..we as fans deserve more. we are the ones that kept you on the air……(without fans you have nothing) and i say you lost me as a fan so good luck in the rest of the season!

36. arial2 says:

If bringing Jeanne back adds to the “Tony finally grows up” theme in recent episodes, I’m all for it. I’d like to see a better resolution to their relationship than the sad one we got several seasons ago. But I foresee the small but vociferous core group of “bring Ziva back” whiners not liking this much, contributing more whining comments. It’s amazing how they try to hijack every NCIS article, no matter what the topic, and try to turn it into a Ziva whine-fest. I like Ziva, too, but Cote de Pablo CHOSE to QUIT; she didn’t get fired.

• John NYC says:

Well, they could always recast the part (Ziva). Maybe Morena Baccarin? She’s altogether full on scary when she wants to be. So for those desiring a scary team member: check. Even as a human she totally brought the scary in The Mentalist.

37. Vivian says:

Please give us some Criminal Minds

38. Phile4Eva says:

TOTALLY agree about The X-Files!
    IT. WAS. AWESOME.

• castle lover says:

the show was awesome, i watch x-files the whole time that is was on the air, but i don’t know if the redo (is that the one to use, cause i don’t know) one will be as good.

39. acurat says:

John Wesley Shipp’s exit from the Flash was rushed and terrible, but with only 42 minutes I guess that was all the time they had. Besides, it has been clear from the start he is a secondary character so when Barry suggested he move with his father, I knew immediately that was never going to happen even before Shpp responded. You could see that one coming.

40. John NYC says:

Scottie Thompson always delivered and the Jeanne-Tony storyline has interesting facets. That said they’ve burdens in their history and it should be awesome to see how that’s addressed and what’s to come from this return.

Also last night it was fun to see Tony channelling his inner cop.

41. kath says:

If Stana Katic is missing most of the last episode before the winter break, chances are Beckett is going to be kidnapped in it.

Sigh. I had hoped that this stupid split between Castle adn Beckett would be blue dead by the break. I don’t know if I’ll bother coming back.

42. nashieb says:

Are Walter’s parents gonna have those atrocious fake Irish accents?!!

43. Rise Pelloni says:

So…. if Scottie Thompson/Jeanne Benoit is making an appearance on NCIS with really big surprises, one has to wonder about Tony’s disappointment that there may never be a child in his life. Could the big surprise be that there actually is one?

44. The Vampire diaries I love that show

45. Lesley says:

The Vampire diaries I love that show Is Nina Dobrev Is she coming back to. The Vampire diaries. I miss her

46. Choose some of them for calling and asking them about your requirements or you’ll be able to request an estimate.
    You can discover out the place that the driver is, of course, if things are on schedule.
    Suppose a national average cost per gallon of gas of $3.

47. tr says:

Haven’t watched an episode since the dumb plot twist, they might as well have cancelled the show at the end of last season. About the only positive thing I can see with ‘Castle’ is that it is keeping a bunch of no talent/no idea writers and producers from spreading out and ruining a dozen more shows.

48. Jennie says:

Bring back Castle to his original personality-suave and charming-if Beckett don’t want to be on the show any more, drop her and have Castle do a show in a P.I. status something like Rockford files. Nathan Fillion could certainly carry it along with Esposito & Ryan.

49. shirley says:

I have been watching previews of thursday night lineup.
    Not one time have I seen a preview of Monday night lineup with Castle resuming after the winter break.
    Is ABC trying to kill it or just let us down easily?
    I don’t quite understand that.
    Maybe I’m just dumb about it.
    Thanks