Exclusive

Fuller House: Meet Danny's 'Vivacious' Wife, Kimmy's 'Scoundrel' Ex-Husband

Fuller House Spoilers

Things may not have worked out between Danny and Vicky on Full House — much to the disappointment of no one fans — but when Fuller House premieres on Netflix in 2016, fans will see that the head of the Tanner family has finally landed himself a new (and much younger!) wife.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the revival series is casting the recurring role of Teri, a 40-year-old African-American woman described as “attractive, vivacious … and youthful.” She also apparently has “quite an appetite for Danny and isn’t afraid to shower him with affection.” (In other words, get excited for some hot Bob Saget PDA.)

Fuller House Kimmy Ex-HusbandIn other matrimonial news, the series is also casting the recurring role of Fernando, Kimmy’s “inappropriately passionate” ex-husband. Like Teri, Fernando has “quite an appetite” for the opposite sex, which is partially why he and Kimmy are no longer together. That said, he’s “relentless” in his attempts to reunite with his ex-wife, and he maintains a close relationship with their daughter Ramona.

In case you’re not up to speed on all things Fuller House, here’s a quick de-brief: the 13-episode sitcom will follow a single Stephanie, a widowed/pregnant DJ and a divorced Kimmy as they move in together and start a whole new life. Tanner family members Danny, Jesse, Joey and Becky will also appear, though neither Mary-Kate nor Ashley Olsen will reprise the role of Michelle. (And don’t even ask about Comet; it’s just too painful.)

Your thoughts on Danny and Kimmy’s new marital statuses? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. JA903 says:

Sounds interesting…will be watching. 😀

• Nick Perkins says:

I can’t waght for fuller house so ready to watch but I am a bit sad that DJ did not marry Steve and I hope thay get back together 😢😅

2. JC says:

Sounds bad. I hate revivals that ruin the memory of the old show.

• DYS says:

To me, no matter how bad a revival ends up being, the memory of the old isn’t ruined at all because any legacy that is has is still fully intact. In other words, me maybe not liking how things turn out years later, isn’t the same as suddenly disliking what I always liked to begin with. To each their own though. Hopefully you end up liking this.

3. edanderson13 says:

Too bad the role calls for an African American, it would have been a cute nod to HIMYM if they had gotten Cristin Milioti to play Danny’s new wife.

• Ame says:

Oh man, good call

• Anna says:

Why would they “nod” to HIMYM? None of the actors overlap, and Danny’s new wife wouldn’t be their “mother.”

• Jenna says:

Bc Bob Saget played the voice of older Ted. Aka he was the voice of CM’s husband

• Anna says:

Oh lolz – I completely forgot about that. The actress that plays DJ is ten years older than the actress who played the mother though – that would be a little creepy if she played her step-mom…

• S. says:

Cristin’s 10 years younger than Candace and 30 years younger than Bob Saget. For all the people who’ll get mad and say ‘what’s wrong with a May/December romance’ this wouldn’t be a nod to HIMYM, it’d be creepy. Even though the other character’s 40 she won’t look like DJ. I have a sneaking suspicion we’ll end up with Paula Patton.

• Jonathon says:

What I really want to know is if at any point prior to proposing to his new wife, did Danny sit his girls down and tell them the story of How He Met Their Mother? And did it take him nine years to do so?

4. Zorkel says:

What about Nicky and Alex?

5. Lynne says:

So DJ and Steve didnt stay together, Danny and Vicki didnt rekindle their love… I’m surprised Jesse and Becky are still together!

6. Nick says:

No Vicky? No Duane? Sad day.

7. DJ wasn’t married to steve, she has a different last name.and they said Steve might show up… I cant see Danny with who they described tho..

8. Good god! This is going to destory ever happy memory I ever had about Full House. Now I see why the Olsen Twins didn’t want to be a part of it.

9. Babybop says:

I hope the show maintains the innocence of the original. This makes me a bit afraid that they’re going to try and make it more risqué.

10. Katie says:

Oh did people not care for Vicky? I was still relatively young when the show was on, but I remember being so happy when he proposed at Disney.

11. DJ says:

Surprised Cameron is associating herself with this content given her religious beliefs.

• Jared says:

What? A family sitcom? That seems to be her bread and butter now a days along with Hallmark Channel movies.

• radmcawesome says:

Why? It sounds like an overly heterocentric cast of characters, especially for a show set in San Francisco.

• Catherine says:

No she has stated before that sexual relationships between married couples should be passionate. So she would strongly support Danny having a wife that is hot for him. I don’t think she would be opposed to this at all.

12. Cort says:

Interesting. Can’t wait to see this. Loved this show way back when. Truly enjoy when you get a chance to peek back in down the road to see what everyone is doing. Like visiting old friends. Go Danny and Kimmy’s sitch sounds complicated. Looking forward to it all. Hopefully we’ll get Steve and Nicky/Alex back in the mix as well.

13. radmcawesome says:

So, Kimmy’s ex has ‘quite an appetite for the opposite sex ‘, DJ’s son is girl crazy and Danny’s wife is super affectionate.

Question: Will they have a lgbt character on the show? A friend or a relative or a neighbor? This is awfully heterocentric of them considering the show takes place in present day San Francisco.

• Whatever says:

Believe it or not, most people are still straight. Gasp, I know.

• Anna says:

yep like 96% of us.

• radmcawesome says:

Yup, about 90% of the population is heterosexual. That doesn’t mean you don’t know a gay person or that it’s in the realm of possibility that a family living in San Francisco ( a city known for its acceptance, inclusion and density of the lgbt community) would not have contact with lgbt people.

• Anna says:

10% number is an inflated number even thr homosexual community admits. It obvious when you look at the stats on the data, specifically the sample group which consisted of a lot of people who had spent time in jail.

• radmcawesome says:

Wow, you need to update your reading material before you embarrass yourself more. Your biases are obvious, by the way.

• B- says:

The City of San Francisco has a population of under 1 million residents.

6.2% of those 1 million residents identify as LGBT according to the US Census Bureau.

This means 62 thousand residents are LGBT.

Geographically, San Francisco is a small city.

It’s quite possible that DJ and co. would have a Gay neighbor.

This is also not accounting for the rest of the Bay Area. Don’t spout off old stats as if they are current. Also, many people are STILL closeted and do not include their sexual orientation on their Census forms.

It’s OK if you don’t agree with LGBT lifestyles. That is your right to do so. But we’re talking about SF. Have you ever been to SF? Better yet, lived there? I have. It’s pretty Gay.

To have a comedy set in the city of SF in 2015 with no Gay characters is a bit odd.

But then again, it’s Full House. Not exactly a masterpiece. And this new season will probably only be on for 1 season the most.

• Anna says:

The cdc has a much more accurate count on the number of people who are homosexual then the study done back in the 40’s /50’s.

• radmcawesome says:

The Cdc doesn’t poll homosexuals since being gay is not a disease. The US census would have a more accurate count and it reflects the 10 percent I’ve already stated. You are obviously picking and choose data points and sources to support your biases.

14. Erin says:

kimmy’s ex husband should be played by Ryan Hansen from veronica mars….

15. chantelle says:

I was hoping DJ and Steve would have stayed together. Niki and Alex should come back also but I heard one of them was a fireman. And I think Viki should rekindle with Danny.

16. James sedgwick says:

What about the twin boys of jessie and beckys

17. Carol C says:

Candace Cameron Bure’s new series is Aurora TEAgarden. I’m a fan of the book series.

18. Gen says:

If I were in charge of the spinoff, which i’m obviously not, lol. I would have dj and Steve be together with their kids, kimmy married to that rich guy nelson(or childhood friend bitterman)with kids, Jesse and Becky still together, Joey maybe get married to that Zoey girl and Danny fall back in live with vicki, Nicki and Alex college grads and Stephanie with rusty, Michelle and teddy or aaron, a new golden retriever, and of course in the same house! They should still have wake up San Francisco and the smash club.

19. I think if they keep the sappiness to a minimum. It should be alright; and as for the character Michelle will how many times can you hear “you got it dude” before you wish a dude would come and stick a pencil in your eardrums. She wasn’t a critical character then and she won’t be missed now. She will be better off as an off screen character.

20. Whisper says:

Sounds very interesting! I think they should get Mary & Ashley’s sister Elizabeth Olson to play Michelle, she looks very similar and isn’t full of attitude like the twins!

21. Regina Falange says:

I think Steve should come back to DJ! WE LOVE STEVE.

22. ashlie says:

I’m so excited to watch this I watched every single episode from all of the seasons and now I’m gonna watch every single episode from this series 😀😉
    I LOVE FULL HOUSE😍😙😘😚

23. Leah says:

when does fuller house start in 2016?

24. starr says:

I love full house I never get bored of watching it, now I’m already done season 1 of fuller house and will watch it more
    Can’t wait to see season 2 n more