Fuller House: Bob Saget Officially Boards Netflix Revival Series

Fuller House Bob Saget

The leanest, meanest cleanest Tanner of all has finally RSVP’d to the family reunion.

John Stamos on Thursday confirmed that Bob Saget (aka Wake Up, San Francisco! host Danny Tanner) will appear in Netflix’s Fuller House.

The long-awaited announcement came in the form of a late-night tweet from the actor/executive producer:

Stamos’ announcement didn’t specify in what capacity Saget will appear — regular, recurring, etc. — but we’ll take what we can get for now.

Earlier in the day, Lori Loughlin confirmed she’ll also reprise the role of Aunt Becky. In fact, the only original member of the Tanner family not returning for the revival series — in which DJ, now a pregnant widow with two children, moves in with sister Stephanie, best friend Kimmy and Kimmy’s spawn — is Michelle; Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have politely declined any involvement.

Full House faithful, are you pumped to have Saget officially in the fold? Drop a comment with your hopes for the Netflix series below.

1. Phoebe says:

Hopefully, they get Steve too. And the twins (not the Olsen twins obviously), Jesse and Rebecca’s twins. Then everybody from the show, who were in the main titles, would be on the show, except for the Olsen twins again.

• Joe Smith says:

I hate to break it to you but in this series DJ is a widow and Steve is deceased. I mean if they were to have flashbacks I guess I could see him making an appearance but he won’t be a regular character on the series.

• Lana says:

They’ve already stated DJ’s deceased husband is not Steve. She married somebody else so it is plausible that Steve and DJ may find each other again.

2. Tony says:

Great to hear. Also, I wouldn’t mind them recasting Michelle at this point. I was watching The Fosters the other day and the actress that portrays Emma (I think her name is Amanda Leighton) resembles the Olson twins a bit and would be convincing as an older Michelle.

3. Cindy says:

” this completes the perfect reunion” no it doesn’t, but whatever.

Also, I’m sorry but this must be said, I feel like I’m the only one defending the Olsen twins. Did it ever occur to anyone that their Full House family turned them off from doing the show? I know they’re close with Bob, and he’s always said nice things about them, but other than him, I’ve heart nothing but bitter, childish comments from the rest of them. Towards them, the majority of the cast are nothing but bullies. to be honest, I don’t blame them for saying no.

• A fan of TV says:

No, it didn’t occur to me. I don’t know what comments you’re referring to, but it doesn’t matter to me, honestly. I’ve never really heard MK and Ashley gush glowingly about their costars, either. Those girls have billions and don’t need anyone’s pity for not being interested in doing a TV show. One has been pretty clear that she never wants to act again, and whatever reasons there were for them declining to participate are their business.

• Lalz says:

Everyone says that they politely declined, and even Stamos had a heart to heart with MK. They don’t want to be a part of it, and are you really surprised? She’s not in it, oh well.

I’m actually relieved she’s not gonna be in it. Michelle was the most annoying character on the show for me. Never liked her. The only thing I will regret from Michelle not being in it is there will be no guest appearances from her friends, lol. Would have loved to see Tahj Mowry (Teddy) and Jurnee Smollett (Denise)!

• Anna says:

There have been a few other unofficial Full House reunions that the cast has posted on Instagram, Facebook, etc., and the Olsen twins are never there. I think one was done with one of those magazines like People or EW, and they didn’t even show up to that. Seems like they have no interest in Full House at all, which is fine, but if it’s their choice not to participate, then why should we feel bad for them or fault the other actors for not wanting to work with people who don’t want to talk to them?

• Mary says:

I think people expecting them to do it are insane and ridiculous. These women were children when they did that show and are NO LONGER ACTORS. They have moved on with their lives, it is sad the rest haven’t, and the olson twins have become insanely successful in the fashion industry. That is what they do now it is there passion, business and yes you can say they can afford to take a break and do this but they can’t because they have employees.

This entire thing has made me realize what a sad pathetic loser John stamos is. Really he is going to attack them for moving forward in life, how dare they not stay 5!

4. Mike says:

Just get Elizabeth to play her sisters’s role. She’ll do it better than they could.

• Dennis says:

I keep seeing this comment pop up everywhere, and well…no!!

Lol. Elizabeth Olsen has a lot more exciting things going for her than playing a role originated by her sisters, a role that really required no in-depth acting skills!

• Mike says:

I meant for a cameo/one-off, not full time.

• DL says:

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. Would love to see just one brief appearance. It’ll be a little weird if we only ever hear about Michelle second-hand. (“She’s doing great! She’s in New York! She started a fashion line!” And so on.)

• Dude says:

Yeah let’s just get a big movie star like Elizabeth Olsen to drop her movie career for Full House. Really people? Stop suggesting this. It’s even less likely than the Olsens coming back

5. Jenna says:

They should just get different actresses to play Michelle, I mean, she was 8 when the show ended anyway.

• Cas says:

Agreed! I don’t know why they aren’t thinking of this?

• A fan of TV says:

Maybe they are, maybe they want to honor the Olsen twins legacy by not recasting and explaining her absence another way. Either way works for me.

6. Erika says:

So are the Olsen twins really hate Full House and don’t want reuniting FH casts(like three years ago) and that’s why they won’t reprise their role as Michelle Tanner.Why not recasting?I guess Michelle is gone and forgotten forever after all.

• Mary says:

Or they are mature people who believe in moving forward with life. My god they were little girls when they were on that show they don’t act at all anymore they are in a different industry and extremely successful at it. Why would they walk away or take time from their business and passion to do something they never chose to do in the first place!

7. Anna says:

I don’t think they have to have Michelle be a part of the show. People move, not everybody stays in their hometown! That being said, I think it would be weird not having SOMEONE playing Michelle make an appearance right after he sister’s husband died. If they show a funeral or something, some sort of Michelle should be there. I agree with some of the other people, she was a little kid when the show ended, just get someone else to play the part!

• Riana says:

They probably won’t show the funeral. 90210 had many characters appear at Kelly’s mother funeral off-screen.

Actually 90210 is a good example. They only had four original characters appear (Brenda, Kelly, Donna, and Nat)

8. jax says:

Rita Volk who’s on MTV’s faking it could Totally pass as Michelle

9. A. D. says:

Recast Michelle

10. Można do niego podłączyć stację muzyczną oraz tuner DVB-T, dedykowane
    dla three-ciej generacji projektorów PicoPix.

11. Joe says:

Do you realize that the original stars are not going to be on there all the time they will make only occasional appearances

12. Annabelle says:

What about uncle Joey?

13. Bob Saget… Worst “actor” on TV.
    Some low intelligence people think he’s funny tho’