Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, iZombie, Fear TWD, Empire, New Girl, Major Crimes and More

Bones Season 11

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Do you have any scoop on Bones? It’s been such a dark season for the show, so there has to be some light at the end of the tunnel that would potentially set up a somewhat happier 11th season, right…? —Cassidy
Ausiello: Yes, things have gotten quite cloudy over the Jeffersonian — and this week’s episode throws a few more curveballs at beleaguered Booth and Bones, especially when one decides not to invite the other to an important event. The looming question becomes: Can Temp set aside her reliance on facts and instead let her heart lead? As for a “somewhat happier” Season 11, you’re much more likely to find yourself asking after the finale, “How can there be any Season 11?”

Question: Did you happen to score any Empire scoop at Sunday’s Critics Choice Awards? —Mark
Ausiello: Sure didn’t. I was way too busy trading gossip with my tablemate Jessica Lange to do any actual work. Luckily, Vlada Gelman hit up Empire‘s Emmy FYC panel last Friday and managed to coax two respectable scoops out of exec producers Ilene Chaiken and Danny Strong: There will be a time jump between Seasons 1 and 2 (although neither would specify how big it would be); and when the show returns on Sept. 23, Lucious will still be in prison. But he’ll be a busy little jailbird. “Lucious can do what he does no matter where he is,” teased Chaiken. “Lucious, basically, has tentacles.”

Question: Will Chris Rock and Alicia Keys be playing themselves on Empire next season? —Jennifer
Ausiello: Nope. They’ll be playing characters.

FTWDQuestion: How will Fear the Walking Dead coexist (narratively-speaking) with the original series? —Jacob
Ausiello: Very carefully. “There are certain rules that have been set up and established in the first show that we can’t break from,” concedes the spinoff’s showrunner Dave Erickson. “We also need to make sure that we’re not stepping on each other’s story.” Luckily, the EP is “far ahead in” Robert Kirkman’s comic and, as a result, “can hopefully” steer clear of repetitive plots. It also helps that several of the offshoot’s EPs — Kirkman included — also work on Walking Dead: Original Flavor. “There are a lot of people who know this world really well,” Erickson points out. “So even if I were to miss something, [others] would jump on me in the first 30 seconds of the script going out.”

Question: Hey Aus, I’m gonna cut right to the chase: Since we haven’t seen Sin Rosetro’s new face yet, what are the odds that Bridget Regan will be returning to play this delicious bad girl when Jane the Virgin returns? —Tori
Ausiello: I actually don’t have an answer to that question. To make it up to you, I can confirm that Season 2 will introduce Rafael’s mysterious half-brother. That’s an even trade, yes?

Question: New clone alert on Orphan Black?! What’s her deal? —Calvin
Ausiello: As you saw in the promo, Crystal does indeed make her formal entrance this Saturday, and she’s quite chatty about her time with the Castor twins while giving Delphine and Felix(!) manicures. (BTW, Jordan Gavaris gets to break out his natural accent during the mani-pedi appointment.) BONUS SCOOP: Helena is not the only one moving in with Alison and Donnie.

Question: Big iZombie fan here, and I still have not recovered from Lowell’s death. What is Liv’s love life going to be like now? Will she hook up with Major by the season finale? —Affiong
Ausiello: Last I checked, Major had been kidnapped by Blaine, so I doubt a reunion with Liv is high on his to-do list (especially since his current predicament becomes even more dire in next Tuesday’s finale). Also, if you’ve been iffy on Liv’s do-gooder ex thus far, there’s an epic sequence in the season-ender that I have a hunch will make you a Major believer.

majorcrimes_fritz_sobQuestion: Will Fritz (played by Jon Tenney) be making any appearances on Major Crimes this season? —Linda
Ausiello: Though the potential S.O.B. spinoff got snuffed by new TNT management, the Special Operations Bureau itself will be seen again, led by Deputy Chief Fritz Howard. “Yes, Jon Tenney will be in Episode 7,” series creator James Duff told Matt Mitovich, “when we have two officers shot to death during what looks like a routine traffic stop.”

Question: Longtime reader, first-time asker. Graceland‘s whole “Is Mike alive?” thing is getting annoying. Surely they wouldn’t kill Mike and let the amazingly talented Aaron Tveit go, right? —Beth
Ausiello: Surely The Good Wife wouldn’t kill Will and let the amazingly talented Josh Charles go, right? Surely Grey’s Anatomy wouldn’t kill Derek and let the amazingly talented Patrick Dempsey go, right? (OK, you get my point.) Maybe the different question to ask is: “Surely Graceland wouldn’t rob us of the juicy drama in Mike knowing Paige set him up to die, right?”

Question: How many episodes of New Girl will Zooey Deschanel miss next season due to her maternity leave? —Joanne
Ausiello: Originally, the mom-to-be was slated to miss four episodes. But then Fox pushed New Girl‘s Season 5 premiere to midseason, so that number has subsequently been cut to just one.

Question: Can you tell me something about Orange Is the New Black Season 3? —Miriana
Ausiello: Laverne Cox tells TVLine that Sophia’s storyline will “heat up more in the second part” of the upcoming season, which drops June 12. She adds coyly, “The first six episodes are hints of things to come.”

Question: Oh great and powerful, I wouldn’t bug you, but there are no web series on your renewal scorecard. Selfishly, the only one I care about is Community. Any news on a Season 7? —Doug
Ausiello: Firstly, you seemingly weren’t looking at our Cable Renewal Scorecard (where we tuck away all the non-broadcast goodies). But at this point, a movie seems far more likely than a seventh season. With much of the cast already committed to new shows — Gillian Jacobs/Netflix’s Love, Ken Jeong/ABC’s Dr. Ken, Paget Brewster/Fox’s Grandfathered, etc; — “It would be easier to make the movie than another season,” acknowledges Jacobs. What’s more, this week’s Season 6 finale truly felt like a series finale, on screen and (per Jacobs) off. “In previous years, I’ve always been in denial, like, ‘No, we’re coming back!’ [But] this year, our contracts are up. The future is very uncertain. And, for once, it’s not because of network disdain or lack of interest. We’ve just done it for six years and there’s a very different feeling.”

This AAnd That…
American Horror Story: Freak Show standout Finn Wittrock is circling another Ryan Murphy series — the only question is, which one? “I will be back in the Ryan Murphy universe in some capacity,” he hinted at Sunday’s Critics Choice Awards. “How exactly that’s going to manifest, I still honestly don’t know.”
blinditemRemember the “bonkers leading lady” blind item I embedded in a recent Ask Ausiello? I hear the the situation has worsened considerably in the two months since that item posted. In fact, the very real possibility exists that She Who Shall Not Be Named may not be around for the entire upcoming season.
Pilot watch 2015: CBS’ Limitless is sensational. This could be the show that propels Greek‘s Jake McDorman into the stratosphere (where he should’ve been already!).

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman, Rebecca Iannucci and Kim Roots)

1. Leanna says:

I REALLY want to know who the Bonkers leading lady is!! Anybody have any good intel?

• Wordsmith says:

I forget, what’s been ruled out thus far?

• LADY_in_MD says:

I think it’s Elizabeth Hurley on the royals but now I think I’m wrong with this update seeing how she can’t be gone for most of the next season since she plays the queen on the show

• bluefairy says:

Well, she IS the leading lady. Whatever the show is, it’s obviously going to be very difficult to suddenly make her go missing for a season.

• Dude says:

I dont think they even need Elizabeth Hurley considering that Alexandra Park is the real star of the show. That girl is single-handedly holding that show up.

• Dude says:

Any chance it’s Claire Danes?

• Letti says:

I don’t think it’s Elizabeth. I’ve seen some BTS pictures of her and the cast and it didn’t seem like there was any problem. I could be wrong, but I don’t think it’s her. And yeah, I don’t see Queen Helena being written out.

• rowan77 says:

Queens go on diplomatic trips that take months. It could be Hurley, but has anyone heard anything about her being difficult?

• Wordsmith says:

Okay, so we know it’s a “popular, yet modestly-rated” series, and that it isn’t a Fox comedy or a CBS show of any kind (which is a relief, given the hints of Julianna Marguiles-Archie Panjabi drama we’ve been getting).

• TaMara says:

I was leaning toward Nashville, but his description sounds more like a CW show – modest ratings but popular.

• Ben says:

She who shall not be named, makes me think of Harry Potter, which makes me think it’s a show with magic. Once Upon a Time, gA Game of Thrones, or Grimm maybe?

• Wordsmith says:

I think that’s just Aus using an artful turn of phrase – probably misleading to read into it that much.
        As for your guesses, GoT is wildly successful rather than “modestly rated,” Grimm doesn’t really have a “leading lady,” but I suppose there’s a chance it might be OUaT…

• Jennifer says:

I’m not sure about OUaT … in all interviews that I’ve seen and read, they all seem to get along. I was thinking Nashville … or maybe Grey’s? Or … SVU?

• greysfan says:

Well after seeing the season finale of Once Upon a Time and that dark twist, it definitely could be possible Emma Swan won’t be seen in the upcoming season. That would be interesting. I hope i’m wrong though because Jennifer Morrison is great and would be a huge loss, despite the great cast if she wasn’t seen in the next season.

• Ginny says:

It could be that “She who shall not be named” is *supposed* to make you think of Harry Potter. And who shared Harry’s initials? Hayden Panettiere! That’s my guess!

• The Grinch says:

Tea Leoni? For CBS, the ratings aren’t great.

• George says:

I put all my marbles on it being Katie Cassidy from Arrow. Have you heard some of the crazy stuff she spouts at cons and in interviews? She’s technically the leading lady but the show doesn’t portray her that way anymore.

• DarkDefender says:

I’ve always thought it was Halle Berry (Extant).

• Amanda says:

Nina Dobrev?

• Lauren says:

keri russell?

2. Lizo says:

Oooo I’m optimistic for more Sophia stories on OITNB; also want more Yoga Jones. But dang it, I love all the women on this show

3. A says:

hmmmm…let me see, going by the ep stills… B&B decide to do a career change from the FBI & Jeffersonian and channel their inner “Hart to Hart” in S11? for X amount of eps…seriously I would be down with that, let then have a little fun solving crimes again :)

4. DM says:

Despite everything I’m still on Liv and Major’s team. A lot of people missed the fact that in Liv’s delusion last week when she told Major she’s a zombie, he said he knows she still loves him, which obviously came from Liv’s subconscious.

• Lizo says:

I like Major too, he’s a genuinely decent person and a good man; we should want men like that. In real life. He just makes for a boring TV character. If they gave him a sense of humour (not to outshine Ravi and Liv of course), but I dunno, something to make him less dull but without turning him into a jerk. I want to care about him more than I do.

• ninergrl6 says:

Robert Buckley was on The Today Show yesterday with Kathy Lee & Hoda and he was HILARIOUS. IRL he has 100x the personality Major does (but I do enjoy his character — someone has to be the straight man, right?). I liked him before but I think I became a Robert Buckley superfan during that interview.

I’m still irritated about Lowell’s “death.” Other zombies have been shot (the Candy Man), stabbed (Liv), and even sliced up by a boat propeller and they survived just fine. Why didn’t Lowell??

• brandi says:

Me too. I loved Lowell. I’ve been a James Bradley fan since Merlin. He was just such a fun character and the chemistry between him and Rose was so good. My guess is TBTB didn’t realize what they had on their hands until it was to late.

• Lea says:

Lowell was shot in the head. Classic zombie trope: headshot means instant death for zombies, bullets and wounds anywhere else do not. I believe this was even discussed earlier in iZombie.

• Jeri says:

Robert was boring on One Tree Hill also (I think that’s the show, I get it confused.)

• murley says:

Major has really grown on me as the show has gone on. He does have a sense of humour and makes funny and sarcastic quips but it all felt too good, too perfect. When they made him reckless and impulsive it gave him an edge and he felt more complicated and thus more interesting to me. I loved Lowell and was so shocked and sad when he died but in the past couple episodes I have found myself rooting for Major so I feel like they are doing something right!

• Jeri says:

Major is too bland, Nothing there but vanilla.

• Victoria says:

“Liv’s delusion last week when she told Major she’s a zombie, he said he knows she still loves him, which obviously came from Liv’s subconscious.” I didn’t miss that and I thought it made Liv look terrible – ‘oh okay, my bf died for me but I’ve forgotten him totally and am ready to rumble with someone else.’ I can’t believe the show runners are being so dumb.

• shutuprob says:

IMO, the showrunners aren’t being dumb, they’re showing that Liv is still torn about breaking up with Major. Sure, she had been dating Lowell, but Lowell is now really, most sincerely dead, so she can go back to acknowledging those feelings she has for Major that she keeps trying (and failing) to bury — especially since Major seems to be incapable of staying out of her life even when he doesn’t intend to still be in her life. Liv isn’t perfect and they aren’t writing her to be perfect, it’s just that, well, Liv is, like, you know, a zombie and, moreover, has only been a zombie for around a year at the most. I think it’s quite normal for a person who has experienced even a non-zombie version of the boat catastrophe in real life (say, an explosion) would still be an emotional basket case even now.

• rowan77 says:

Nice Wizard of Oz reference! And yes, I agree. She isn’t over Lowell, but she’s always been in love with Major, and there he was being all adorable and vulnerable in her bedroom. I love how complex the characters are getting. I wasn’t a fan of Major’s at first because he was too wonderful and perfect. Now that he’s reckless and obsessed, he’s far more interesting and fun. Now I care if he gets hurt… much.

• Victoria says:

She saw Lowell get murdered in front of her – and she’s the reason he died. So it seems really odd for you to say she can get back to acknowledging her feelings for Major. It takes a long time to get over someone’s death. It’s facile to say or write otherwise, and doesn’t speak well for future characterizations or plot lines if the season finale sweeps Lowell’s death under the rug.

• Jared says:

Ive been waiting for Liv to tell Major that she was a Zombie so knowing that was only a delusion was a total let down. Still cant wait to see how the finale plays out.

5. Mary M says:

Hm, she can’t really be the lead if they can get rid of her.

• M. says:

Yeah, I was confused by that too.

I really hope that Aus will reveal who he’s been talking about.

• msemmyjones says:

He refers to her as a leading lady, but certainly doesn’t say she’s the only lead on the show. Not to mention, replacing a lead isn’t impossible and has certainly been done before. Sometimes not so successfully, but other times the transition goes just fine.

• John NYC says:

If the shows central character(s) are men then the lead actress could be expendable, perhaps most easily is she’s one of a number of female characters.

Though not in the running since it’s CBS, think of TBBT: Penny could be seen less and still have the show work.

• rowan77 says:

Ever heard of a show in the 1980’s called “The Hogans?” It was called “Valerie” until the second season where they killed off the titular character of the show. And that was a sitcom.

• Pedro says:

Nina Dobrev and Patrick Dempsey exited their shows this season.

• LOL says:

Mulder thought the same thing…scratch the lady part.

• jalahyacinth says:

Ever heard of “Good morning miss bliss”? No? How about Saved By the Bell? Same show. Removing nation characters has been done, successfully

6. Serena says:

At this point, that leading lady has to be Julianna Marguiles, right?

• Ashton says:

Could they really have The Good Wife without the good wife?

• C says:

Ha. She is TOTALLY a bonkers leading lady – but I think it was ruled out at some point that it wasn’t a CBS show. And even if I’m wrong – filming is on hiatus for TGW so it seems weird that the situation could be getting worse — plus there’s no way to do TGW without JM so…

• rowan77 says:

I do not believe the leading lady in question is Maguiles. I think Michael A. has visited the set sometime in the past six seasons, but Julianna is a producer and that is not in name only. Starting last week, writers’ rooms were back in business, pissing around telling hiatus stories… Oops, I mean breaking stories for the current season, and Julianna would likely be in on at least some of those sessions.

• Nitemar says:

She’s who I thought too, but the list can not be that long anyways, but she’s my first choice as well..

• Daisy says:

Aus ruled out any CBS shows awhile back.

7. CactusRose says:

Just watched the trailer for “Oil” or “Blood and Oil” or whatever it’s called. Dallas, much? Why didn’t they just keep Dallas in production instead of trying to start over with this one? Oil is oil whether it’s in the Dakotas or Texas. This new one looks like everything happens at night and when it’s raining!

8. wrstlgirl says:

There is absolutely no way fans will forget what Paige did to Mike, she must be held accountable in a very major way. So Mike cannot be dead :-) Regarding FTWD, do we have an air date yet??

• Bwhit says:

I know he can’t be. To be honest I’m getting tired of so many shows putting main characters in peril and than making fans stew during hiatus for shock value. Done once in awhile is interesting but it seems a lot of shows are doing it more frequently. FTWD: my hubby told me he read yesterday it won’t be until August.

• wrstlgirl says:

Middle to end of August actually makes sense. My guess would be that they will air these six episodes in the weeks just prior to the fall premiere of TWD in October.

9. Sara says:

Who is this bonkers leading lady?

• Adave says:

Nichole Beharie from Sleepy Hollow. For sure.

• Ronnie says:

I’ve heard there were horror stories about her behavior including biting one of the makeup crew members. But people who worked on the show that the producers were even worse, hence the new show runner.

• Angela says:

She is supposed to be at the Comic-con with Tom, Lyndie, and a couple producers of the show soon-I would think if it were her she wouldn’t have been invited to join them at all.
          I certainly hope it’s not her and all of those rumors are just that-nasty rumors. I love Abbie and I love her interaction with Ichabod, and I’d hate to have that part of the show affected. Plus, the show’s had enough drama surrounding it lately, it’d be nice to not have that on top of everything else.
          On a happier note, none of the other shows I watch are the answer to this rumor-either they don’t fit the criteria or the women on the shows are known to be really cool and friendly. So yay for that, at least.
          As for “Community”, I saw there were articles online the last couple days about Yahoo! being in talks for a seventh season of the show, but I’d wondered if those people reporting on that had heard about there being “talks” and just assumed the discussion was about another season instead of the movie. I’ll watch a seventh season if we get one, of course, but I loved this season’s finale and think it’d be a perfect note to end things on, too, before going on to the movie to fully wrap everything up. Whatever happens either way, I look forward to what’s next for these people :).

• rowan77 says:

I just read about that. She bit the poor woman then apparently forgot about it completely the next day, texting the hairstylist asking why she wasn’t on set. She also, apparently is being sued (or was sued) for screwing over her clothing stylist and refusing to pay the agreed upon amount. Then there was some problem on the Arsenio Show where she walked out and ignored Arsenio on his own show (and he made her redo her entrance). Then in March she tweeted that she was not invited to do commentary on the DVD for Season 2.

Sounds to me like we’ve found our bonkers leading lady!

10. Jenny says:

Jake needs to shave his beard before I can take him seriously

11. Cookely says:

I do not really care what happens on bones as long as David Boreanaz gets a new series!

12. wrstlgirl says:

Bonkers leading lady ~ could it be Queen Catherine from Reign??? Or maybe a long shot Erin from Chicago PD???

• Annie says:

Or Lady Kenna – I feel like Caitlin Stasey has the potential to be difficult and they did write her story line at the end of season 2 so that she could easily be left out of filming

• Lizo says:

Megan Follows is a respected veteran of film and stage. Dramatic back stage antics just isn’t who she is. Though I could see her putting pressure on the showrunners to stop making such dumb plot lines hahaha, but respectfully of course. Cause she’s Megan Follows.

• wrstlgirl says:

I was thinking bonkers as far as the show is concerned. I don’t know any of these actors outside of that.

• Stacy says:

Bonkers as in crazy behind the scenes, not in character.

• wrstlgirl says:

I didn’t see the original article so I missed that part. I’m well aware now, but still a season without Catherine on Reign would be fine with me, she drives me bonkers, lol.

• Dude says:

Sophia Bush is clearly quite beloved by the cast of Chicago PD if you follow her Twitter/Instagram accounts so keep trying. She’s a consummate professional and loves her job too much to jeopardize it with diva behaviour.

• wrstlgirl says:

I don’t need to keep trying, it was just an idea. And there’s nothing “clearly” about it. Not everyone has the time or the want to follow celebs around on social media. Why do you have to be so nasty Dude. Chill and find a happy place.

13. Daisy says:

I mean, I was going to give Limitless a chance anyway but I’m really happy to hear your review. I was worried.

14. bshaid says:

Well, buying a house in France or wherever really means nothing, particularly if they decide living overseas is not what it is cracked up to be. Ange and Hodg can always come back.

• 1mars says:

I highly doubt they will leave, unless it’s during the alleged time jump and will be back by the time we see it again.

15. Scott21 says:

After that scene from Good Wife’s final I think its Julianna Margulies

16. She Who Shall Not Be Named = Julianna Marguiles #teamarchie

17. auntiemm says:

Not sure why but thought the blind item was Bridget Moynahan from Blue Bloods.

18. Hurl says:

I keep thinking of Viola Davis as the crazy lady, but Idon’t know why since she seems like a really nice woman.

19. Ferne says:

Od kilku lat w Polsce zapanowała moda na świąteczne
    przystrajanie ulic miast, witryn sklepowych, a także domów
    i mieszkań.

20. N says:

Debra Messing from The Mysteries of Laura? Not a huge hit but it has it’s loyal fans, I’m told.

• rowan77 says:

I wondered that as well, but there is no way to do The Mysteries of Laura without Laura. It has to be someone else.

What about the leading lady on Galavant? That’s renewed. It’s also new enough that AA may not have visited the set yet.

21. Heathers says:

Who IS this bonkers leading lady?!!!

22. 1mars says:

Since there wasn’t a renewal at the time of finale filming, this is the way Nathan was going to leave the series, B&B in a troubled marriage…. no wonder Hansen won’t come back.

23. Bwhit says:

Thanks for answering my Graceland question and Touché! I thought the same thing when Paige did that, the sideways glances and cat and mouse with Mike and Paige would be epic! Brings up another long shot chance that Paige was in on it to set Sid up in some way.

24. Lysh says:

I was pretty bummed about Paul on Orphan Black but last week’s episode was so fun. And next week sounds just as great! Looking forward to the next clone and Helena with the Hendrixes.

25. LRagan says:

Girls is filming right now… Could it be Lena?

26. LRagan says:

Girls is currently filming… Is Bonkers Lena?

• Kcg says:

Lena created Girls. She’s also a writer and a producer. No one could fire her from her own show. I also don’t believe she has ever been described as anything close to “bonkers”

27. Nick says:

I really want to know who the leading lady is.

Also, I’m super pumped for Limitless.

28. kayw4 says:

Is it Debra Messing on Laura?

29. webly3 says:

I wouldn’t be that surprised if the leading lady is Claire Danes. That was my first thought from the beginning.

30. aurat22 says:

Thanks for answer about Fritz on MC!

31. Jooshua says:

Let’s get serious/OCD about this BLIND ITEM.

Not CBS, not a FOX comedy, leading lady, popular show, modest ratings, no set visit.

ABC: Eliminated: Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, Modern Family, Once Upon a Time. Which leaves: Agents of SHIELD, Nashville, Fresh Off the Boat, The Middle, Black-ish, The Goldbergs.

FOX: Eliminated: Empire, Bones. Which leaves: Gotham, Sleepy Hollow.

NBC: Eliminated: The Blacklist, Grimm, Undateable. Which leaves: Law & Order: SVU, The Mysteries of Laura.

THE CW: Eliminated: Arrow, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries. Which leaves: The Flash, Jane the Virgin, The Originals, iZombie.

The bonkers suspects are: Chloe Bennett, Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, Constance Wu, Patricia Heaton, Eden Sher, Tracee Ellis Ross, Yara Shahidi, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Hayley Orrantia, Erin Richards, Camren Bicondova, Nicole Beharie, Mariska Hargitay, Debra Messing, Candice Patton, Danielle Panabaker, Gina Rodriguez, Phoebe Tonkin, Leah Pipes, and Rose McIver.

Main guess is Erin Richards (Gotham). Followed by Hayden Panettiere (Nashville) or Yara Shahidi (Black-ish).

Obviously this is speculation, I could be WAY OFF. What other set visits am I unaware of?

• Z says:

Why was Arrow eliminated? Other people from TVLine have visited the Arrow set, but I don’t think Ausiello himself has ever done a set visit.

• Jooshua says:

Oh I’m sorry, I must have misunderstood! I was under the impression it was a show that TVLine as a whole hadn’t visited on set. Not just Ausiello. My apologies, I must recalculate!

What do you think about it being Erin Richards from Gotham?

• murley says:

Erin Richards makes sense only because it is plausible that she could be written off, especially with the promotion of Morena Baccarin. I don’t really know much about her but she seems lovely in interviews so it is hard to imagine. Nicole Beharie is quite serious and quiet in interviews so I can see why she gets subjected to rumours of diva behaviour, even though there is no reason to believe those rumours and there is no indication of bad blood between her and Tom Mison. I also don’t see how she would be written off. I have to admit I am getting more and more curious. I don’t really care about behind the scenes drama except in cases where it affects the show in question as it seems to be doing in this case.

• brends says:

It couldn’t be Pretty Little Liars? ABC FAMILY? Maybe Lucy?

• Scott21 says:

If you look the PLL facebook page Lucy getting along with the cast, however Troian Bellisario is missing from all behind the scene video and photo, so maybe her?

• Lexy says:

As a fellow OCD-ish person, thank you for this list.
      Now the wait begins!
      (and damn you Michael, I scanned every comment under this article for more information on the blind item!)

• Sarah says:

Why was Grimm eliminated? They did just (spoiler alert) literally kill off the leading lady.

• Jooshua says:

It’s just not too popular. I don’t even know if I would call the ratings modest. Which is a bummer, because I love that show.

• ? says:

It’s not Connie Britton, Patricia Heaton, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Mariska Hargitay, Debra Messing, or Rose McIver. Anyone who follows showbiz would know for certain it isn’t any of them. Hayden Panettiere is a possibility considering she just had her first child which is a big life change and the way her character was handled on the show this season, though I really doubt it. Candice Patton and Danielle Panabaker I also really doubt, particularly the latter who has worked in the industry for many years with compliments, but I cannot entirely rule them out. Chloe Bennett is ruled out by virtue of it being impossible for them to write her off the show at this time (though they could work toward that, but they doubled down on her character this season which they wouldn’t have done if they were having trouble with the actress).
      Erin Richards isn’t impossible considering the way they maligned her character toward the end of the season and underused her all along, but Gotham is really such a hack job it’s hard to infer anything from that. Nicole Beharie is a possibility that can’t be ruled out, especially if she was very vocally unhappy about the direction of the show this year and all the turmoil happening behind the scenes. The others I’m not comfortable weighing in on, but I know Phoebe Tonkin and Leah Pipes have a bit of a rep for attitude. I don’t think either would rate Ausiello doing a blind item like this for, though.
      Do we even know for certain it’s a broadcast show?

• Csbd says:

Why no to Patricia Heaton? She actually has a reputation for being difficult due to her politics.

• ? says:

Never to this point, though. She’s thoroughly a professional and after this many years in the business, for that to change without a trigger (one we’d notice) would really surprise me. If she were young I wouldn’t rule her out like this, but I just can’t see it being her.

• Temperance says:

Patricia Heaton is totally nutz, so she’s a strong candidate.

32. Tom says:

Are we certain its a broadcast network show and definitely not cable? Sounds Claire Danes-Ian to me.

33. Jared says:

Major has to turn into a Zombie for S2 right?!?

34. Kate says:

I’ve got it! I even delurked because this has got to be it.

I’d put money on it being Jada Pinkett Smith on Gotham. It all fits, not a comedy on Fox, leading lady…but they could do without her, modest rated show…but has a loyal fan base. Plus, she just screams “bonkers”.

It’s got to be her.

• Jared says:

Great guess, but Jada, Fox and Gotham have already announced months ago that Jada wont be apart of the series at all during S2.

• d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Guess you didn’t watch the finale or read any coverage of the series. I’ll take all the money you put on it whenever you want :)

35. Zoe says:

That blind item is juicy. Why is my first thought Debra Messing or Mysteries of Laura? Hmmm…

36. Pat says:

Oh for crying out loud, Michael you have made me go bonkers reading all the comments trying to guess your blind item leading lady who may not be back. If this was your goal to get one of us to crack, well you have succeeded. So with that said, please just spill the beans!!!

37. brandydanforth81 says:

Who is the “bonkers” leading lady?When will we find out who it is?

• shutuprob says:

We’ll almost certainly find out if/when the actress in question leaves the show, whether she quits or is fired. I’m under the impression from similar blind items that turned out to be true that this rumor likely wouldn’t even have been leaked to Ausiello — and I do believe that this one is a leak from someone specific on the given show — if it weren’t anywhere near as bad as it appears to be.

38. Lauren says:

Keri Russell, The Americans?

39. Lerbert says:

Sounds like Miss Piggy to me..oh, but wait, The Muppets doesn’t debut until next season!

40. BetsyBoo says:

I feel like it can’t be Keri Russell or Mariska if only because Aus is a huge superfan of both actresses (along with Lauren Graham). Or at least he was back in the day. I may be completely naive, but I can’t imagine he’d write about a bonkers leading lady if it was one of them. (Not saying he wouldn’t still write it – it’s newsworthy – but I feel like his description would have been a little less inflammatory.) FWIW

41. Laurie says:

Jako przykład można wskazać tutaj sklep firmy Pach, która za pośrednictwem internetu sprzedaje
    dekoracje tort i jest to podstawowy produkt tej firmy.

42. Dawn says:

Question, on my fav 2 shows,SUPERNATURAL, and the BLACKLIST,any scoops for the next season ON EITHER one of then??

43. Amanda Thompson says:

I do not like the new turn in events with Bones & Booth (It’s depressing) and if Angela & Hodgins’ move to Paris that would be the end of watching “Bones” for me; I also am not happy with replacement for “Sweets” that new guy doesn’t do it for me.

44. Finding out more about Major is appreciated, but that pun… I know you had to go there, mIke, but I was amused/horrified. Good job. :)

45. Claire says:

Okay, please spill—”bonkers leading lady” (in name only) was in fact Katie Cassidy. Maybe you’ll come clean come 6 April 2016?