Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Arrow, NCIS, Empire, Game of Thrones, Grimm, Orphan Black, Bones, The 100 and More!

Ask Ausiello

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to

Question: Arrow‘s Oliver and Felicity got a little flirt going last week… I’m so glad to finally see them interacting again. Can you tease anything about their future scenes together?  —Jewel
Ausiello: We asked Stephen Amell to ID his favorite moment from this Wednesday’s wedded hour, and he offered this: “I have a great scene with Emily [Bett Rickards] in the latter part of that episode where we’re really at odds with one another,” he previews. “I thought it was one of our more interesting Arrowcave scenes.” Could it have something to do with the discovery that her new beau is super-suiting up? “Oliver’s fine with Ray and Felicity, until Oliver discovers that he’s the Atom,” Amell says. “Because the whole reason that he can’t be with Felicity is because he has this other thing that he has to do. So if it’s just Ray Palmer, ‘Good, great. Enjoy.’ But if it’s Palmer as the Atom, then Oliver’s going to have a problem.” As for Rickards’ favorite moment — don’t shoot the messenger, Olicity ‘shippers — she tells us it’s when Felicity “walks in with Ray” at the start of the ceremony.

Question: Is there a significance to the different colors of The Flash‘s “speed streak”? It seems it is yellow when he is not suited up and red when he is. The opposite seems true for Reverse Flash. Does this mean something? —BG
Ausiello: That question is above my pay grade. Or below it. Either way, I have no earthly idea. I can tell you that the mystery of who feeds the metahumans will be addressed, as will the more complex issue of whether it’s ethically copacetic for Flash’s foes to be locked up in S.T.A.R. Labs to begin with. “There’s a long discussion [in Episode 22] about the moral implications of the pipeline and what keeping them there means. Do they have that right?,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg previews. “All the characters get to chime in on how they feel about it. That’s exciting because — beyond everybody always asking how do they go to the bathroom and where do they get their food from — some of them are super dangerous. So, how do you let them out into the world?”

Question: As we’re moving quickly toward May, do you have any scoop on where NCIS is headed for their Season 12 finale? Are we getting a cliffhanger this year?  –Joni
Ausiello: Sort of…? Coming off of last spring’s decidedly quiet finale, showrunner Gary Glasberg told Matt Mitovich that while Season 12 will end with “not your typical cliffhanger,” viewers can for certain expect “shocking surprises that will leave everyone speechless.”

Question: Daenerys-related Game of Thrones intel, please. — Randee
Ausiello: In the new season’s second episode, one of the Mother of Dragons’ advisors will tempt her. Kim Roots would be very happy if that advisor were Daario — played by Michiel Huisman — and if said tempting took place while he wasn’t wearing a shirt. Or pants. (Dear Universe: Please give Kim what she wants. She really, really needs this.) On a more serious note, those two crazy kids, as you are well aware, already connected carnally; if Daario is the consigliere, we’re betting he’s appealing to Dany’s quest to take the Iron Throne.

Question: Is Zooey Deschanel going to miss any episodes due to her pregnancy? It would be weird to have New Girl without the new girl. —Tarik
Ausiello: She may need to skip a few episodes next season, but the show’s writers have come up a really funny/clever way to both explain Jess’ disappearance and ensure that she has a presence in every episode. And it’s not CGI. Nor is it a puppet.

Question: Do you have any juicy Bones scoop to share with us in this cold March day? —Rachel
Ausiello: The loose end concerning Hodgins’ lost fortune will be revisited and possibly tied up during the second half of Ask AusielloSeason 10 (which kicks off this Thursday at 8/7c). “This absolutely is something we’ll be dealing with,” executive producer Stephen Nathan confirms, before hinting that Angela’s onetime richer half may not need the cash after all. “Hodgins will come into some money of his own making, and it will change their lives.”

Question: I would love some scoop about Orphan Black. What will the new season bring? —Jack
Ausiello: It’ll bring a moment in the opening seconds of the April 18 premiere that will feel too good to be true. You can also expect an onslaught of creepy Castor clones; more than one heartbreaking falling out; a scene-stealing turn from a scorpion; and a surprising new business venture for Alison and Donnie.

Question: What is going to be the future for The 100’s Clarke and Bellamy. Will fans have to wait another season for at least a kiss?! — Liza
Let’s back up a little, Liza. Before we start talking about what Clarke and Bellamy’s future will be like, let’s ask ourselves this: Will they even have a future? When prodded about Clarke’s parting words to Bellamy (“May we meet again”), executive producer Jason Rothenberg has only this to say: “I hope they do meet again.” Don’t forget, it’s a big, post-apocalyptic world out there.

Question: I’m still reeling from the Empire finale — and the fact that Rhonda killed Vernon. Any scoop to tide me over ’til Season 2? —Ryan
Ausiello: According to showrunner Ilene Chaiken, the decision to bump off Malik Yoba’s alter-ego “wasn’t calculated” or cooked up early in the season — nor did anyone in the writers’ room say, “Wouldn’t it be cool if it was the white woman” whodunnit. “Once our story took us there, though, we certainly felt like this was a great and interesting opportunity. And Ask Ausiellowhatever happens, whether Rhonda and Andre get discovered or not, there are going to be some thematic repercussions of that action,” Chaiken adds. In any event, it’s good news for fans of the twisted-but-dedicated couple, who appeared to be on the verge of a Jennifer Hudson-related split heading into the finale. “We love that Andre-Rhonda dynamic, and whether they’re coming back together in the way they were before, or whether they have to renegotiate their relationship, is really interesting to us. We also have to look at whether or not Andre’s [religious] conversion, if that’s indeed what it is, plays into it,” Chaiken teases. “But we definitely love the both of them, and we love them together.”

Question: Have we seen the last of Naomi Campbell on Empire? Camilla’s scenes with Cookie were pure gold! —Greg
Ausiello: Oh, Greg, we couldn’t agree more. That’s why we put that exact question to Chaiken — especially since, with Lucious in jail, Campbell’s Camilla has no reason not to rekindle her romance with his son Hakeem. “Did you just jump into my brain?” the showrunner asks with a chuckle. “It’s certainly a possibility — and a very alluring one.” In other words, we might get to see Yoko playing that tambourine after all!

Question: How long is Grimm going to keep Adalind’s pregnancy a secret from Nick and his friends? —Erin
Ausiello: Nick and the gang will find out about the upcoming blessed cursed event in Episode 19, which is slated to air in April.

Question: Is Abigail dead on Forever? I can’t seem to find a straight answer anywhere. —Sheri
Ausiello: The fate of Henry’s beloved — yet absent — wife will come up in next week’s episode, and will continue to be revealed as the season draws to a close, series creator Matt Miller tells TVLine. A bonus piece of information that probably will only confuse you more: Henry’s assistant, Lucas, becomes heavily involved in that storyline.

Ask AusielloQuestion: The final episodes of Mad Men are almost here! Do you know if we’ll see Caity Lotz’s character Stephanie again? —Catarina
Ausiello: Don is handsome, Peggy shows up for work wearing shoes again, Roger’s a funny guy, advertising stuff may or may not happen… I better stop there before I get in trouble! (Probably a good time to mention that this week’s AA was guest-edited by Matthew Weiner.)

Question: I’ll take some scoop on Justified. What can you give me? —Matt
Ausiello: A heart attack in the final moments of this week’s episode.

This AAnd That…
♦ I keep waiting for the quality of Last Man on Earth to dip, but it’s not happening. If anything, the episodes are improving. And for not being a comedienne, January Jones is holding her own opposite Professional Hilarious People Will Forte and Kristen Schall. Also, the show’s writers have discovered what I’ve known since I was 4: diarrhea jokes are always funny.
♦ All 13 episodes of Bloodline are in my rearview mirror and, aside from a few unfortunate narrative turns in the final two hours, I was thoroughly engrossed by Netflix’s slow-burn family thriller. The cast did not disappoint, particularly Ben Mendelsohn, who should see a nice career bump (not to mention some awards-season love).
♦ The “AAnd” above is not a typo, but a sly wink to the title of this column, hence the italicization of “AA.”
Ask Ausiello♦ Yes, I’ve heard the rumor about a Grey’s Anatomy doctor dying during May sweeps. No, I have no idea if it’s true.
♦ Still can’t decide what I’m more excited about: The big X-Files news or my cameo in Gillian Anderson’s Twitter feed.
♦ I just realized what Archie Panjabi’s first post-Good Wife project should be: a role in American Horror Story: Hotel. Get on that, Ryan Murphy.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments and anonymous tips to (Additional reporting by Andy Swift, Vlada Gelman, Kim Roots and Michael Slezak)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Kim&Bey says:

Thanks for the GOT scoop, am I the only one who really misses the original Daario, no disrespect to the new one but daang Ed Skrein is BUILT!

• Jonathon says:

No offense to the old Daario but he did leave the show of his own accord. In my opinion his bad decision shouldn’t be rewarded with any talk of him as Daario. He disappointed his fans and made the producers have to recast. So – long live the new Daario.

• Kim&Bey says:

He did disappoint fans but I’m sure circumstances did not permit him to continue on GOT, obviously we never got to hear the full reason behind him leaving. I really miss him, it’s sad he left. The new Daario is meh..not bad!

• Pale Rider says:

Ugh not him again. He was way out of his league in that role. His one facial expression acting and poor line delivery left me cold. Meh. Daario 2 is so sexy. I am also hoping that episode mentioned means some sexy time for him and Dany. No offense to anyone, just my opinion.

2. Tom says:

So so happy that AA is back! Thanks Ausiello!!

3. Joni says:

Thank you for the ‘NCIS’ scoop, Michael. Now I’m not sure whether to be excited or worried – or both.

• Erin says:

The only thing that would surprise me on the season 12 is if it didn’t center around Gibbs and/or McGee and if Tony did more than click the clicker.

4. Letti says:

Thanks for GoT :)
    Also, I love how Jason Rothenberg deals with the Bellarke fans. He is the man! I have faith that he won’t let his show get ruined by ships, like it happened to so many others.

• No…the story was already ruined for his love for Clarke in every situation imaginable.

• sawyer says:

Well Clarke is the show. Eliza Taylor pretty muched proved that in the last 3 episodes of Season 2 She is a good actress.. I love Bellamy, Ravin, Lincoln,and Octavia. I like Lexa. I certainly won’t tune into The 100 S3 if the plot focuses around Jaha. He is a bore. I read the books and Jason does not want to follow the story line from the books. Bellamy and Clarke end up together. Not sure if Jason can repeat what he created in season 2. I sure hope he can. No Clarke. No watch. Clarke is a badass.

• rarefied says:

He did say last season that it would never happen, but now that Finn’s dead, I’m wondering if the network is demanding something else.

5. CactusRose says:

I wonder what the budget is on “Madame Secretary?” It must not be too much because they need a hairstylist STAT! Please – fix Tea Leoni’s hair already. This week it looked like she just got out of bed throughout the entire episode. She’s the Secretary of State for cryin’ out loud! Fix her up! I love the show and she’s fabulous in it. So please talk to them, Michael!

6. lisa says:

Bloodline was mind-glowingly good!

7. Al says:

Will you guys be doing the season finale preview for all the shows again this year?

8. BrightLight says:

Glad to see I’m not the only one who’s hoping for some Ben Mendelsohn love come awards season. He IS that show. I never even knew who he was before this and he more than held his own with a cast of people I’ve known (through TV and films) for decades. I still have 3 Bloodline episodes to watch so I can’t wait to see how it ends.

• Imzadi says:

I am going to out me as a total nerd, because I knew him from his crazy guest role from Farscape. He was wearing a blue mask but he (and the episode) were awsome.

9. Lilly says:

I wonder what Hodgins is up to. :-P I’m so glad Bones is finally back!

10. amysue4772 says:

Its been like 5 whole minutes since Grey’s killed someone, so of course that rumor is true.

11. Mannie says:

Any spoilers on Hawaii Five-0?

12. Deion says:

Yessssss, Mr. Ausiello! Campaign for more Camilla!

13. Kellie says:

LOVE “This AAnd That! Can’t wait for next week already!

14. Lysh says:

I just started watching The 100 a few days ago and finished today. I don’t really ship anyone. I’m amazed if they can just stay alive let alone enjoy living. But I hope Bellamy and Clarke aren’t separated for too long next season. I think as leaders they work best together. But I’m excited to see more areas on the planet.

I love Olicity but I’m far more excited about Dyla and seeing Cupid and Deadshot again this coming episode!

15. znachki says:

I imagine Donnie and Alison will start a crime scene cleaning business, since they seem to be pretty good at it.

16. Laura Goetz says:

I love The Last Man on Earth! Hope it gets a season 2 pickup!

17. wrstlgirl says:

I can’t believe Grimm is doing another Analind baby story line. The “royal” baby arc was horrible.

• Lizo says:

They have zero idea what stories to write for their female characters that don’t revolve around pregnancy, sexual violence, or being the victim.

• Britt says:

Maybe there are some Wesen Planned Parenthoods in Portland. I mean, if anywhere.

• Carla Krae says:

Claire (Adalind) is pregnant in real life. They have to work it in or send her away.

• wrstlgirl says:

Plenty of pregnant actors have continued on with their roles without becoming preggers onscreen. It can be done. That aside I would have rathered she disappear for awhile. The show would be fine, in some ways better, without her. Just my opinion of course :-)

• JC1 says:

They should have gone with the second choice. How hard would it have been to send Adalind out of town for awhile to look for her daughter?

• Alichat says:

They don’t HAVE to work it in. They can CGI her belly out like they did with Claire Danes and Morena Baccarin on Homeland. They have the budget for it. But personally, I agree with wrstlgirl. The show would be better with less Adalind. Actually, it would be better with no Adalind. I’ve wanted her character gone since season 1. But regardless, words can not express how much I hate this storyline and how predictable it was. I can’t believe they thought this was the best storyline they could come up with for the back half of the season.

18. I imagine that Henry’s wife will show up in the last episode and be revealed as an immortal too. Fact is that (at least as of episode 11, which is where I am) we don’t know how immortals are created, so there’s no reason why she couldn’t have undergone a similar transformation as Henry did when he was shot on that boat 200 years ago.

19. Erica says:

Orphan Black – My guess the surprising business of Allison and Donnie is they become marriage counselors because that would be HILARIOUS!!!

20. kmw says:

I wonder how Hodgins gets money, interesting. Cannot wait for Thursday.

21. joe says:

Folks just need to let Olicity go. It ain’t going to ever happen beyond the ploy at the beginning of the season.

• Briggs says:

I would love to know where you get your intel. And if your argument has anything to do with the comics, you need to remember that Arrow hasn’t been following canon much, if at all, aside from giving (mostly) the proper people the proper superhero IDs. Now, if you have any other compelling arguments…

• peanut says:

Personally I love ray and felicity.

22. Marie says:

23. Mik says:

Nice scoops! I love the “AAnd” section! I might faint if Archie Panjabi were to join AHS. But it would be worth it.

24. dave says:

get rid of bones and new girl.

25. Grey's Fan says:

Isn’t it about time for the usual spring feature with “things that will happen during May Sweeps: deaths, births, breakups, etc” on all the shows? It’s fun trying to guess…

Also, need more Grey’s info… please tell me April and Alex will start having scenes together again, miss them and have been waiting for that pairing since Season 7…

26. Dana Graslie says:

After this whole season being massive let down, im not looking foward to the finale. The Sergei storyline was weak and predictable and im sure this will be too. The surprises are gone and sadly, so is this shows hype. I will likely pass on this one.

27. auntiemm says:

My bet for NCIS is that Gibbs finished his latest boat and turned in his retirement papers. So with everyone’s contracts up this year the next season will be the last.

• sadtonyfan says:

Well I would only be surprised if Tony actually mattered at all in NCIS’s finale. The only characters who have gotten good stories this season are Gibbs and McGee. No doubt the finale will give these two drama and danger as usual while Tony plays the insignificant idiot.

• Erin says:

If Gibbs resigns at the end I guess McGee will take over the team since he has replaced Tony this season as Gibbs’s most valuable agent. Also screwing Tony over and seeing him publicly humiliated seems to be the mandatory joke in nearly every episode. I’m guessing we’re in for more Gibbs and McGee danger and angst filled drama with Tony insignificantly clicking the clicker, just like in NCIS’s season 12 premier. Yawners.

• TMID says:

Wow, want some cheese to go with your continual whine? You just cut and paste the same comments all the time don’t you? Talk about yawners! You are the queen of them!!

• Erin says:

And you are one of the the queens of anonymous nastiness. You have all the virtue of any common garden variety cyber bully. Take your sour personality out on strangers who don’t see things the way you do safe and snug in your anonymity.

• TMID says:

Ooooooo, struck a nerve did I? Truth does hurt at times doesn’t it, sweetheart? I’m a “cyber bully” for calling you out on your continual whining? As far as safe and snug in my anonymity–well, what’s your real name? What’s that? Can’t hear you. What a spoiled, little child, you are–wah, the big old meanie hurt my itty, bitty feelings–I’d tell you to grow up, but, sadly that just won’t happen. Personally, I have a delightful and sunny personality, I simply cannot stand continually, whining people. Tell you what–you stop whining, I’ll stop commenting……….

28. Spence says:

I have to disagree with Last Man on Earth. Once Jones was brought in (not her fault, she’s doing fine) the show has dropped drastically imo. Because of the introduction of her character so soon into the show, the jokes and dynamic between Will and Kristen has been ruined.

• Erin says:

This reply is for TMID. You are simply vile. While I comment on the show you hurl personal insults. You didn’t hurt my feelings. You simply disgust me.

• TMID says:

*Yawn*, um, no, not vile at all–just simply pointing out the truth of how you “comment” over and over the same snide remarks. If you don’t want to own up to that, that’s your failings–but, honestly, your reluctance on accepting the content of your own comments, well, that is pretty disgusting to me….. Pretty sad, too.

29. kLOSTe says:

Love the This Aand That’s! Keep up the witty insider comments please :)

30. J. says:

I’m so lost without The 100, lol. I need season 3 now! I need to know where Clarke’s going!

31. dogdaysooner says:

As for Rickards’ favorite moment — don’t shoot the messenger, Olicity ‘shippers — she tells us it’s when Felicity “walks in with Ray” at the start of the ceremony.

really beginning to dislike the felicity character why don’t they just go ahead and move her to the new spin off series coming next year with stalker ray and his band of misfits.

• Ab1973 says:

I don’t understand why she invited him. It’s not like they’re in a long-term relationship, but apparently she can’t stand to be separated from him for even a moment. They’ve totally ruined her this season.

• Briggs says:

They’re not about to move a character who has a large fanbase to another show, even for people who dislike her. The EPs have stated multiple times she’s not going anywhere, in spite of (a few) complaints, so it does no good to kvetch. I’m not calling anything on what they’ve been doing with her until the season finale, since the storyline isn’t over yet.

• Shelley says:

For me Arrow is really gone down this season. Felicity being with Ray is fine, I don’t care. But, Oliver feeling he can’t be with her for her safety, but it’s ok to be with him until he finds out that Ray has a suit to be a hero? That just makes Oliver to be more of a jerk than he is already this season. I get that his PTSD has taken over him overwhelming his logic and reason. But, seriously? I love Diggle. The best part of the show anymore.

• Mena says:

I agree! Oliver, Diggle and immediately when I saw her were Felicity as my favorites. However, now, this season paints Felicity as ” strong, steadfast, opinionated”. I miss her wit and inappropriate innuendoes. I took take her or leave her now. She’s in the same category as Laurel. My opinion. Love the idea of Diggle and Lyla’s wedding. All the Olicity angst is old and boring now. Get on with it writers. Oliver is a fool this season. Not liking that. Season better pick up. Oliver better pull his out soon.

32. Does Agents of SHIELD end before Age of Ultron comes out or after? Is there any chance of a tie-in between the two, or can we only hope Coulson might show up as director of SHIELD in the movie after the season wraps?

33. Cobra says:

You were not kidding about the heart attack that “Justified” gave me!

34. Briggs says:

Felicity’s entrance probably has a lot to do with:
    A) How good she looks
    B) How good she looks on Ray’s arm
    C) Oliver’s jealous look when he sees how good Felicity looks on Ray’s arm.
    All of that means that it’s probably one heck of an entrance. :)

35. CC says:

I like the new section at the end!

36. Ally Oop says:

I just watched the pilot to Bloodline and so far it hasn’t captured me. I think the oldest brother suffers from a mental illness, hence the drugs and weird mannerisms, so I kind of am finding the show depressing.

• Shannon says:

Keep going. Things get really interesting but like AA said, it’s a slow burn thriller. The oldest brother gets awesomely creepy.

37. Simone says:

What are the chances that Alison and Donnie start a Husband/Wife Crime Scene Cleanup business? LOL

A fallout? Has to be Sarah and Mrs S, I can’t imagine Sarah will be happy when she learns that Mrs S gave Helena up to the Castor Project.

38. peanut says:

Angel of vengeance on arrow

39. Charity says:

Grimm. The writers better have a damn good twist up their sleeve. Been there, done that, in the baby department.

• Georgia Madman says:

Adalind dies in childbirth because baby is a Grimm? One can hope…

• Charity says:

Remember Juliette’s phantom pregnancy symptoms earlier this season? Part of me thinks that somehow, Adalind and Juliette are connected to one another and their bodies are … mixed in together, so it may be possible that the baby isn’t even Adalind’s with Nick… it’s Juliette’s.

I just … feel that this is too redundant to the Renard/Adalind baby plot. Been here, done this, a slightly different concept doesn’t make it original. So I’m HOPING that there IS an original twist somewhere, because this is just … soap opera stuff to the max.

40. TVLine Fan Girl says:

Loved AAnd very much. It was a great addition. Please keep it up!

41. What will Nick do to help reverse Juliette’s Hexen-curse. Will he have to contact Renard’s mum?

42. pecola says:

Keep Ryan Murphy far, far away from my beloved Archie Panjabi!

43. VINCENT says:

They already had sex last season.
    1. Headline was wrong
    2. Wasn’t even the main topic or a topic at all for that matter.
    3.Go back to school,because you don’t know how to write an article.

• Briggs says:

Either you’re on the wrong article, or you don’t realize he’s been at this for *ten years* or more. And has his own website. When you can say you have both, then come back and tell him how to write articles.

44. flutiefan says:

wow. only 1 question i even wanted to read. i miss the AA days when i watched the same shows as everyone else :(

45. arial2 says:

Re Bones: I’m glad to hear about Hodgins’ good fortune. That whole “Pelant stole his fortune” storyline was stupid. It’s okay to have someone else she works with richer than Brennan; life is usually like that (unless you’re Warren Buffet or Bill Gates, of course).

46. Don is handsome, Peggy shows up for work wearing shoes again, Roger’s a funny guy, advertising stuff may or may not happen… I better stop there before I get in trouble! (Probably a good time to mention that this week’s AA was guest-edited by Matthew Weiner.)”

And THIS is why TVLine is where I come for news. Because of the snark. You get the best scoop but absolutely no one is going to know anything about anything until the credits roll on the last episode. ….And then I bet we debate.