Post Mortems

Post Mortem: Flash Boss on Killer Wells Reveal, Time Travel Issues and More

The Flash Wells Kills Cisco

Warning: The following contains major spoilers for Tuesday’s The Flash.

Dr. Wells, how could you?!

On Tuesday’s season finale-level episode of The Flash, the doc revealed himself as Reverse-Flash to Cisco… before killing the young man! But to Wells — who hails from the distant future, and whose real name is Eobard Thawne — Cisco has been dead for centuries. Having failed to kill Barry 15 years ago, the time-traveler wants to make the him go faster so he can get home.

Speaking of going back and forth, Iris and Barry confessed their feelings for each other, culminating in a kiss, right before he unveiled himself as The Flash to her. Alas, Barry found himself speeding so fast to stop the Weather Wizard that he ran right into the past before any of the major events took place.

“The advantage of having a show that dabbles in time travel [is] this episode allowed us to give people a tease and a taste” of some highly anticipated reveals, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says.

But will any of the shockers stick? Will Cisco still discover the truth about his mentor? What is Dr. Wells’ top priority? And which guy really has Iris’ heart?

Below, Kriesberg and stars Tom Cavanagh and Candice Patton weigh in on those burning questions and more.

BREAKING THE TIME-SPACE CONTINUUM | Now that Barry has gone back in time, next week’s episode will deal with “how much of [what took place in Episode 15] still happens and how much of it might possibly change,” Kreisberg previews. As Dr. Wells pointed out previously, “there’s different versions of time travel. There’s the fixed loop and then there’s the version where time is more plastic and mutable. One of the fun things is discovering, like on Doctor Who, what’s a fixed point in time and what can’t be changed, what things always have to happen, and then what things are changeable and mutable. It’s a mixture of both.” That could spell bad news for Cisco — or good, if you look at it from the point of view of “Yay! He gets to live!” — because the episode explores “how certain events occur that prevent Cisco from following along the same trajectory” in his suspicions about Dr. Wells. Then there’s this question: Is there now a parallel universe with no Flash? “Is there?” Kreisberg replies coyly.

The Flash Wells Kills CiscoTHE TRUTH ABOUT DR. WELLS | As if killing Cisco wasn’t heartbreaking enough, Kreisberg reveals, “We didn’t even script that [Cisco] cries and that notion that Carlos worked out that the minute [Dr. Wells] walks into the room, [Cisco] knows he’s going to die.” But before you start plotting your revenge against the doc, the EP argues, “Eobard Thawne, himself, is not an evil man. He has a reason for doing what he’s doing and he has an agenda. He thinks of himself as the hero. … There’s nothing he said in that scene to Cisco that isn’t the truth. He’s sorry he found out. He’s sorry it has to happen. But it does have to happen. There’s a scene in Episode 16 which mirrors this scene that speaks to that.”

Cavanagh echoes the sentiment, noting that Dr. Wells is “furthering his agenda, but he’s also furthering Barry’s agenda. Those two agendas are simpatico. So as he’s working with them, he is appreciative. All that stuff that you see is not a mustache-twirling, villainous starting point. It’s actually genuine. We’re trying to accomplish something, and for the first season, we’re accomplishing it together, which makes it a little more heartbreaking when the next phase of the plan starts to happen.” As for that master scheme, which originally involved killing Barry, “he thought it was going to be a neat and easy thing and instead he’s found himself trapped here for the last 15 years,” so at this point, he’s more concerned with getting home than offing The Flash, Kreisberg explains.

FAMILY BONDS | Kreisberg confirms that Wells is telling the truth about his connection to distant relative Eddie Thawne. “There’s some great scenes coming between Tom and Rick [Cosnett],” he teases. “That starts to become a storyline,” as glimpsed in this trailer.

The Flash Wells Kills CiscoDECLARATIONS OF LOVE | Barry’s trip to the past threatens to undo the progress he and Iris made this week, but no matter how the timeline is changed, “at the root of how she feels is she loves Barry,” Patton affirms. “That also makes it very complicated because she does love Eddie, but it’s just in a different way.” Meanwhile, the newbie reporter’s investigation into Dr. Wells “makes up a large part of Iris’ arc for the rest of the season,” Kreisberg shares.

Flash fans, how do you feel about this week’s big twists? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. herman1959 says:

Dang! EVERYTHING just happened.

• Bob says:

Not really, if you read about the comics then you would know eobard is the reverse flash and eddie thawne is somewhat related because of the name.

• Lambsilencer says:

Yes, everything just happened, and right after it did, I thought to myself. What’s left in terms of big reveals for this season? Didn’t they just fire all their bullets at once? So I wasn’t that surprised when the time travel aspect became apparent. Let’s face it: The show is truly great, but having all this happen in one episode, that’s just a bit much. And as much as I adore Danielle Panabaker, and for a second even thought, “Cisco is dead, great, more Caitlin”, having Carlos Valdez off the show is not a good thing, if just because people might stop watching. So, without at least a partial redo, this show would probably change too much too fast, with only Barry and Caitlin being left of the Star Labs team. And Cisco is loved by many, so killing him off might tick off too many for the show’s own good. With all that, there has to be some sort of redo, or the writers might just have gone too far, too soon.

• Bob says:

Yea I also thought that too! I’m just thinking wow, what’s going to happen now because everything is revealed and also season 2 is going to have to be more climactic then this. But I also did think to myself that The Polcie Chief was going to die and maybe Joe was going to replace his place.

2. Man I really hope they don’t just undo everything, it was a quite satisfying episode.

3. Wee says:

I mean this was only episode fifteen. I shudder at the thought of what the season finale will be like.

4. Ralph says:

Incredible episode. Perfectly acted, great suspense and where the HELL do we go from here! All you can want in a first season and more to come! Bravo to all involved

5. Give Eddie a vasectomy, problem solved.

6. well he come back in the future

7. fonso says:

Wow my mind is effin blown seen every episode and this one just answered so much and created so many more questions. Havent been so into a show since xfiles

8. Lee says:

I was so blown away by this episode. The tears were GREAT. INCREDIBLE acting by everyone… now I’m feeling the season finale is going to be such an event.

• Ann says:

The tears were a nice touch. I really felt bad for Cisco because he was crying because he knew he was going to die. So sad. I hope The Flash can undo his death.

• John NYC says:

If Flash does undo the murder it’s almost going to have to be inadvertent as he doesn’t know Wells killed Cisco. Maybe by pulling Cisco into preventing the weather threat so he’s not investigating the trap at the time of his discovery?

• leahbh says:

Me too! I love Cisco!

9. Vik says:

I think that the writers have done a fantastic job with this show. It’s definitely one of the best shows I’ve ever seen so far, with every episode having an ending for a season-finale. If this doesn’t give me a heart attack, I don’t know what will.

10. Drew says:

Carlos blew that scene away. Awesome job from the guy who is normally comic relief.
    I enjoyed the nods to Dr. Who (the wand looked like a sonic screwdriver) and Quantum Leap (Barry’s “Oh boy”) as well.

11. Pat says:

Un-be-livable!!!!! Great show. Have seen every episode (like Fonzo), and this was,,, wow! Keep up the good work. Especially love the interaction/chemistry between Barry & Iris,,, but actually, who ever is writing & directing these shows ought to win an Emmy. The personal relationships between all the characters is great. I know it only a “super-hero” serial, and I shouldn’t love it, but I do.

12. Heidi says:

When you don’t think the writing/directing/acting can get any better, they knock it out of the park. Wow.

• Darian davis says:

I have two words GAME CHANGER THE FLASH
      WHEN CISCO DIED. he was one of my favorite
      members of the cast he was a genius and he
      always made me laugh

13. James D says:

Mixed feelings about this episode. loved the time travel tease, and I loved Liam’s take on the Weather Man. I’m really disappointed that Wells is Eobard Thawne. not only does it cheapen Eddie’s character but I think it would have been so much cooler if he was Bart Allen with a slightly dark twist it would of made so much more sense than RF making nice with Barry, maybe it’s just me. with that said I have to admit Tom’s acting particularly in that scene was very good.

• Ann says:

I don’t think it cheapens Eddie’s character. Afterall, that might makes Eddie the great great great, etc. grandfather of Dr. Wells. It makes Eddie more interesting to wonder who he marries or has a kid with to continue his bloodline….will it be Iris?

• A says:

Definitely not Iris….. the Tornado Twins will pop up eventually I’m assuming (unsure how they’ll name them since Don and Dawn are completely laughable)

14. tmajt05 says:

This was an absolutely amazing episode! Having to wait a month for this episode to air, was so worth it! I have watched every episode and this has to be the best one yet! Although all the episodes leave you wanting more at the end, the last five minutes answered so many questions, while creating even more! It was incredible to watch how great these actors were and I seriously cannot wait to see the rest of the season! If this show doesn’t make you think and question things around us, I don’t know what will!

15. CBrown says:

Great episode. It was nice to finally get some questions answered after being a huge fan all season. It was also great to see “Spartacus” one more time. Loved that show too. Don’t know what will happen, but I would like to see Barry interact with DC’s other big time heroes. Tom Welling cameo maybe?

• Drew says:

Superman and Batman are off limits because of the movies. I was thinking that it’d be cool to see Chloe Sullivan pop up at some point though. Not necessarily portrayed by Allison Mack (since this is a very different universe), but a version of Chloe.

16. Congrat on spoilers appearing in your google search title. No need to read your article, no need to watch this episode (at least i’ve watch it before).

• Drew says:

Again, people… anyone who Googles a current series and is surprised to see headlines about the latest episodes popping up near the top of the page needs to take a class in using the internet in the new millennium. The headlines always appear near the top. The most recent headlines are first. Quit Googling shows that you don’t want to be spoiled!
      Now, as for those sites that put spoiler headlines on their main page without any warning or action on the part of the readers… they suck. A lot.

• DonFrancisco says:

No Drew. You are wrong. It is perfectly acceptable to google for a show you are watching. For example, you might want to see if there is a new episode tonight. That is what happened to me. And the TVLine jerks ruined the show because they had to go for a headline that RUINED the creativity and artistry that many people worked hours to generate. And the bozos here ruined all that for, what, click bait?

You’re just wrong, Drew.

• Drew says:

Would you like some links to programming guides? Maybe the name of an app that serves just that purpose?
          Running a search on Google is for people who are looking for information on that subject. That means that you are going to be given search results with all of the latest information… this is a Google issue, if you’re really upset about it. Not a TV Line issue.
          Next time, type in “Is The Flash new tonight?” or something like that.

• DonFrancisco says:

Drew, again, you are wrong. I don’t need or want your links or apps. Yes, a Google search can give recent information. But it is a courtesy of people who run TV news sites to give a little time before posting spoilers (I think 24 hours would suffice). Also, you need to understand that TV Line is using various tools and capital to get their posts to the top of the google list. You need to learn how search engines work. Would you like some links or an app to help you do that?

This site is not courteous, so I stopped in to let them know. They are capitalizing on the hard work of artists. If this continues, you will just end up with fewer good TV shows because the incentive to innovate will be gone. Good luck with that!

• Drew says:

I know how search engines work, thanks. You know how we can tell that I know them better than you? I don’t accidentally search for spoilers and then complain when I find them.
            No, TV Line isn’t always on top of the spoiler warnings. Yes, sometimes their headlines end up on front pages and spoil things for people who did nothing to find those spoilers. But blaming them for your Googling mishap is hardly the same thing.

• Liz985 says:

Dude, subscribe to TVGuide in paper form (sorry TVLine) or buy a local newspaper that has TV listings. The ship has sailed about spoilers online; if you’re worried about stumbling across something that will ruin your watching experience you’re going to have to stay off the ‘net a few hours before your show starts.

• John NYC says:

That’s where I see the situation being. heck when I’ve not viewed some shows I avoid TWITTER since there’s some where I follow cast and hitting a live tweet stream the next day REALY spoils on occasion. lol Or frustrates me because they’re reacting to onscreen things I’m not seeing…

Now posting a post mortem summary after the West Coast feed is done is a simple courtesy but beyond that? Internet searcher beware.

• tp says:

John NYC, I wish more people would wait til the west coast feed aired to post episode reviews. Alas being on the west coast gets you no love on most sites this one included (I’ve only found one that has west coast reviewers). I used to love coming on here to discuss the shows that were reviewed but by the time it airs here there’s already a bunch of comments. No fun to try to join the discussion.

I’m like you, I don’t go on Twitter, Tumblr or tv spoiler sites because I know I’ll see something I don’t want to. It is now an instant gratification world. We must all adapt accordingly.

• lauren says:

Okay, so its not just me lol. Why would anyone in these times google the name of a show that haven’t watched yet? TV’s and DVR’s have guides and TVline even has a daily listings thing etc etc. Many ways to find out if a “show is on” without seeing google results.

• To see if it out yet, remember it just came back from a hiatus.

• DonFrancisco says:

Or if they want to see if it is a repeat. I shouldn’t have to avoid Google just because TV Line can’t keep it in their pants. It’s not like this is not a known issue around here!!! They are doing it on purpose because they are a second tier entertainment site.

• abz says:

There are numerous TV guide sites out there. Why don’t you bookmark them in Chrome or Firefox or whatever you use? You can even use Wikipedia and look up the show and current season or the list of episodes and bookmark it and check it regularly because it updates the episode air dates frequently.

• TMID says:

Obviously, you have a bug up a certain part of your anatomy about TV Line–TV Guide gives away spoilers all the time–I don’t recall you whining at them. If it bothers you so much, try checking to see if the show is a new one early on in the day–or, *gasp*, check the newspapers or written TV listings. Either avoid reading stories that give away plots or stay away from your computer until after viewing the show. You definitely like to blame others for things that simply don’t exist–except in your little world.

• John NYC says:

Everyone covering broadcast TV publishes their episode summaries shortly after the show airs. Immediacy is what it is about, not something days old. After tonight I’ll be interested in Arrow, not Flash.

And as others have said, for a mere idea of what’s new when there are other options since, as you write, it’s a known issue, my favorite is actually the various shows official site.

• herman1959 says:

The best source for info on whether an episode is new or a repeat is the show/network’s own website. If the title isn’t followed by (R) it’s a new one, but I suspect that you know that.

17. Tatiana says:

Even though it got erased, I will NEVER forgive Eobard Thawne for killing Cisco! As for my precious Barry and Iris, I just want to replay that kiss over and over. Can Barry replicate those circumstances perfectly without hurting Joe, Singh or Cisco???? Amazing episode. Best to date.

• Lizo says:

Oh I’d love it if Singh gets un-hurt in the new timeline. I quite like him. Haha so much happened in this episode I’d forgotten about that.

• Seahawks 12th Man says:

Yea i agree, i like them together. I hope Baris (Barry and Iris) happens soon.

18. Nicki says:

Barry and Iris were everything!!

19. Briggs says:

Cisco, no! My baby! Oh, you’re in the promo for the next episode. Hmm. Okay…
    The crying was heartbreaking, yes. I felt so bad, and I was hoping that it would change Well’s mind. Apparently not, but it doesn’t appear to matter. Still. Poor Cisco. Come to me, my baby, I’ll take care of you.
    Oh, they had to have the WestAllen kiss right after that. Because after tearing out my heart, you give it right back in a Victoria’s Secret bag. Or maybe it’s more Forever 21? I don’t know.
    And Iris’ investigation is going to make things a *lot* more complicated.
    Harrison, I was on the fence about you. But then you killed Cisco, who you were thinking of as a son. Now I know I don’t like you. As a villain? Just as complex as Malcolm Merlyn. Bravo, my man. Bra-vo.
    Time Travel. Uh, was that Iris’ mom? Before she was Iris’ mom? They wouldn’t show her if she wasn’t connected, right?
    The jealousy with both partners was palpable. Can’t wait to see what leads to that right hook Eddie gives Barry. And what Linda plans to do to Iris isn’t going to be pretty, either.
    There’s also what happens to all this because of time travel that needs to be answered, too. I mean, Cisco is alive in the promo for next week. Things have to change, right?
    Caitlin didn’t get much play, but her look at the cafe was definitely priceless. And is it just me, or did Harrison give her info on purpose to *make* Barry travel backwards through time?
    And, of course, Joe is still awesome. His reaction to Barry asking for advice was one of the best parts of the ep.

• kurt says:

No because,originally her and Barry get marriedthey showed the woman to prove he went back…..he only went back to the same night when he saw himself on his way to the morge

20. Madison says:

WEST-FREAKING-ALLEN OH MY GOD. WHAT AN AMAZING EPISODE. (Though I must admit I’m not willing to sacrifice my baby Cisco to get that relationship… I can do the patient waiting for when they happen eventually!)

21. Lynne says:

Got into the show during the winter break and sped through the episodes online to catch up so things are still a little hazy but someone please clear something up for me… Time travel reverses Cisco’s death!!!!! He’s in the promo for next week so thats what I clinging to because, despite getting into the show because of Grant, Carlos’ Cisco has kept me coming back!!

22. Rickey Batiste says:

I loved it dc and marvel are Awesome this is my favorite show I love every second of of it. Just know next week when the new episode is on ill be back in a flash see it.

23. m3rcnate says:

So i guess Barry can run 670,616,629 MPH now? Cause thats the speed of light aka being faster than lightning…
    God i wish this show would stick to the science they create. His top speed is supposedly like 700-800 MPH right now…and they established when he runs in regular clothes they burn up…yet constantly they have broken those established rules by having him run in regular clothes to work or wherever and they dont singe/burn. And they have had him run faster than lightning and the lightning guy’s lightning which again, means he can run the speed of light…so from 700 MPH to 670,616,629 MPH.

• Drew says:

You’re thinking of someone like you or me running. Barry taps into the speed force, which changes the rules for him.;-)

• m3rcnate says:

No, they clearly measure his speed in MPH…they discuss his speed in MPH when hes on the treadmill, when he is doing that running punch (where he has to break the sound barrier aka the “sonic punch”) which requires a object to go 761 MPH…which was his max at that time (just a few episodes ago).

Lightning specifically goes 334,800,000 MPH…and a few episodes his top speed was 700-800 MPH…

• John NYC says:

Not really the electrical discharge through air is a different phenomena than light speed.

• m3rcnate says:

Thats still 93,000 miles per second according to that website…the top speed of Barry (last time it was said) was around 700-800MPH.

• Jewels says:

If this stops you from enjoying a television show…then I truly feel sorry for you. It’s fiction. Enjoy the show. If the realm that is created is not for you – then simply stop watching. The producers have said – at PaleyFest – that the science is all made up (or bs as I believe they said on Saturday). There are no theoretical physicists on staff to ensure that the science is factual. It’s science fiction.

If people wonder how Barry’s clothes don’t burn up…do they spend the same amount of time trying to figure out how no one has keeled over and died for lack of restroom usage?(Yeah, I know…extreme…) It’s make believe…let it go.

• m3rcnate says:

On that same panel they said their goal, what they strive to do, is at the very least STICK to their established BS science that has a grain of reality in it. They ESTABLISHED that running as fast as Barry does in regular clothes causes them to burn up cause of the friction…they then only use it twice to establish it, and to get Felicity topless…multiple times he has run in regular clothing (or carried someone in regular clothing) and their clothes dont have anything happen to them. They broke their own established (BS or not) science.

• John NYC says:

Lightning doesn’t propagate at the speed of light. It’s an electrical discharge through a conductive medium. That’s why you can see a strike as it runs to hit the ground.

• m3rcnate says:

But above a person had a link that showed the speed of lightning…its still 93,000 miles per second…thats a lot faster than 700-800 MPH which is the last discussed top speed of Barry.

• John NYC says:

And Time Travel by simply running, however fast, hasn’t been established at all: so the details of how a phenomena “works” in the made up context of the show hasn’t been established at all. How Wells travelled in time had to involve more than simple speed as he’s found himself trapped…

One thing that has been established is Barry’s speed keeps improving, Wells has been pushing that as an obvious key to his hidden agenda from the beginning, so perhaps there are incremental steps to that phenomena and Barry broke through a barrier in his need to protect so much of the city and Iris from the Tsunami? Love is a great motivator.

The clothing bit they have been inconsistent in. Maybe Morena should remind Wells of that the next time he chats with “Gideon”.

• Leeeeeeeee says:

maybe whens he running in clothes he’s not running as fast as he usually would because he knows his clothes will burn.. i’m sure Barry Allen’s brisk walk is alot faster than most :).. also Its a tv show based off a comic about about a guy who can run at super human speeds… cant overly put logic into it

• John NYC says:

To a point, but when a show establishes it’s own rules (like he can ignite his own clothing with air friction) expecting consistency within the show is reasonable, no matter how fantastical the show’s canon is in comparison with the real world.

• Mazra says:

The burning clothes in the earlier episodes were hilarious, but not very consistent with Barry’s speed progression.

Since Barry’s clothes caught on fire instead of melting all over him, I’m guessing he’s wearing cotton clothing. To ignite cotton clothing via friction, you need temperatures of >450 ºC. Mach 2 speeds would only provide a 200 ºC increase, so we’re looking at possibly Mach 4 or more, which are speeds he wasn’t able to access in the earlier episodes.

Also, the scene where he rescues Joe from the car before the lightning bolt hits is ludicrous. That’s 93,000 mph, or Mach 141. Since Barry’s clothes can burn, we know he’s causing friction, which means he’s moving air. At Mach 141, he’d be moving air so fast, and in such quantities, that he’d likely shred the entire car to pieces as he accelerated from zero to 93,000 mph in an instant.

24. Dj says:

Can we give Carlos performer of the week. I wonder if Dr. Wells will be effected by the Flash going back in time. Maybe because he is a time traveler he will remember what happen.

25. Novak says:

Think they should bring in the kid flash or Bart Allen or even Jay Garrick in this next episode

26. Novak says:

Bring firestorm back for the fight against Thawne

27. Flick says:

Can’t handle the level of awesomeness.

28. speedforce123 says:

Anyone else find it interesting that Wells said to Cisco that to him, he had been dead for centuries. If he actually meant that then that means that Wells is from way further in the future than Barry could possibly be alive in. And if Eddie is a distant relative to Wells then Wells must be dealing with a different person as the flash in the future. Maybe a descendant of Barry’s? Wells went back in the past to destroy the bloodline completely?

• Ashbash says:

If I somewhat remember this right from the comics. When the flash disappeared and was presumed dead, he had actually time traveled. He could have ended up in Wells’ original time centuries later. Maybe Wells wanted to be a superhero or was one and the well-known flash who had disappeared centuries earlier stole Wells’ thunder. Maybe Wells is trying to kill Barry so he never disappears and winds up in his time.

• herman1959 says:

I noticed that too, but the near future is still a few hundred years away (centuries). I’m more focused on the fact that Wells said he has been stuck where he is for 15 years. I’m thinking that maybe he did the same thing as Barry – ran so fast that he wound up in the past – and that he is trying to work out how to move out by using Barry’s experience. That’s why Wells is trying so hard to make Barry faster. Comments?

• murley says:

All of these are interesting theories. I assumed they would borrow from the comics in terms of the flash’s disappearance being time travel and now knowing wells’ true identity it fits that Barry jumped to well’s, or should I say thawne’s time and thwarted him. And then thawne went back in time to kill barry and got stuck. And now he wants to study him and learn more about using speed to jump through time in order to return home. Phew!

29. abz says:

GREAT EPISODE!! I just hope they don’t undo the Iris/Flash reveal. I don’t want to go back to every episode mentioning needing to protect her and how she can’t know the truth.

• abz says:

Also, the way Wells killed Cisco felt very Once Upon A Time-y :)

• Gail says:

Actually it was taken from the Reverse Flash in the comics from many years before OUAT. Vibrating his hand through someone is how Reverse Flash killed Iris ( she came back) back in the day except through the brain not heart. More difficult U think to film someone putting their hand through the they changed it.

• abz says:

Yeah I saw him vibrating his hand before killing him. I don’t really read comics that’s why all the shows I watch based on comics everything is new to me, but thanks for that interesting fact. OUAT was the only thing I could compare it to because when he did it, I instantly thought of Regina :)

• John NYC says:

Well with the assumption he retains his memory (odds are good, Wells seems to have done so hence his entire agenda) he’ll know what HER reaction and feelings are so he won’t feel any need to hold it back from her: he already knows her answer. He’s FELT her answer in that kiss…

30. Wow wow wow! That was the most amazing, intense, sad episode to date! The rest of the season looks like it’s going all out!!

31. Viv says:

Cisco, no! Not Cisco! (although: promo?? If there is not a twist there somewhere, the CW promo department really know how to spoil…). Time traveling, finally! A reverse flash explanation! Good episode. On another note:
    While I´m totally NOT into shipping and I know that Iris and Barry will become a thing later rather than sooner AND I know it´s probably an unpopular opinion: I like Eddie and Iris. They are not bad for another, they seem to have a healthy relationship. But maybe that is just, because I really like Eddie and I fear the day he becomes the antagonist (it has to happen… that or he will die, like Tommy did over on Arrow…).

• John NYC says:

Oh I don’t think Cisco not staying dead was the current puzzle (he’s too central a cast member) but rather HOW his fate is changed since Barry doesn’t know Cisco was murdered and so won’t know to try and prevent it.

32. Gail says:

They kept Barry in the dark about a number of things. All he knows is he has to save Joe and he will probably decide Iris shouldn’t know he is the Flash. Since the bowling scene happened after the point where he went back in time, Eddie and Linda will still be jealous and Iris will still tell Barry she thinks about him, This time I will guess that he won’t say he still thinks about her and won’t kiss her. Cisco will be saved, Perhaps Wells will retain the memory of what happened and will resolve the situation of Cisco being so suspicious of him by changing the results of Cisco’s test where he found out Welles was the Reverse Flash.

• John NYC says:

maybe not knowing he’s the Flash but he now knows her reaction to his feelings for her big time. Other than pushing Eddie over some evil edge there’s not much downside to that being followed up on. Then the timing of the Flash real becomes critical in one of those “how long do you lie to someone you love” TV conundrums, and delay NEVER turns out other than as a Bad Thing.

• tp says:

The bowling scene came before he saw himself. He and Eddie left the bowling alley because of the morgue call that’s when he saw himself. So Eddie and Linda will still be jealous but Iris probably won’t tell Barry how she feels. That way he’ll know, she’ll still be hiding it and we’ll all suffer for it. Upside we might not have to deal with the pointless relationship drama between Barry and Linda. I think her days are numbered.

33. Joey Padron says:

Good & sad episode. Sad Cisco died knowing Well’s secret but glad he lives thanks to Barry time travel back. Glad Iris let Barry know her feelings for him. Glad to know Dr.Well’s real name & his true plans. Can’t wait for next episode!

34. Mark says:

Mind blown. Is it next Tuesday yet?

35. justsomeguy says:

That was most definitely a season finale worthy episode. Goodness. That was the best one yet, and this show has really yet to have a weak episode, imo. Man what an episode. So much WTF it’s a little unnerving.

36. He will go back save Cisco and then Iris won’t know again; sigh! My heart broke for Cisco I did tear up a little. Awesome episode though!

• John NYC says:

He doesn’t know Cisco is murdered and he DOES know Iris loves him too. And once they repeat that kiss he has to tell her: or they’re being set up for another cliche “keeping big secrets from your love leading to relationships issues”… and IIRC The Hallmark Channel has that patented…

OH MY GOD!

THERE’S HOPE!!!!

I’M… I’M LIKE… LIKE….

38. Pat says:

Holy Cow, another great episode. My heart was broken when I watched Cisco crying and then the enviable happened, with Dr. Wells killing him. I was so stunned by this scene, that nothing came out of my mouth. The Barry and Iris kiss scene was fantastic, but unfortunately she will not remember it but poor Barry will. I can never say that this show keeps getting better and better, because every episode has been fantastic and how do you top that?

39. robomonkey25 says:

40. Nick says:

This is a fantastic show, but this episode was one of the best on TV so far this year. Wow.

41. DearLife says:

Every scene in this episode has turned about to be so gripping and sensational,while watching it my eyes did not wander elsewhere ,even for a millisecond.Can;t wait for the upcoming episode…

42. Seahawks 12 Man says:

WOW! THIS WAS CRAZY!! So basically he seen the future, and so Cisco isn’t really dead. So that means he can do over differently what actually happened that he seen. Nice!!

43. izzat khatib says:

I love this show. Whatever your doing just keep doing it. I’m an original flash fan from when it 1st aired in Australia. But fox8 new flash has an amazing story line and it’s got me hooked.
    great work guys. Keep up the good work !

44. Luis says:

OK, “Flash” producers and writers . . . ya got me . . . MIND BLOWN!!!!!!!! Iris loves Barry, Wells is Eobard Thawne, Cisco is murdered . . . and THEN we get TIME TRAVEL!!!!! GET THE %!&* OUT!!! I loved this ep more than the “Arrow” midseason finale and that was fraktastic! Now we get to the fun part. Every action Barry takes will change the outcomes that we saw this week in some fashion, and he isn’t even aware about Wells and Cisco. What will the ripples in the pond end up being? We can guess from the trailer that Cisco will not remain dead, but will he still learn Wells’ secret? Will the WestAllen kiss still occur, and will Barry out himself to Iris? Can Barry stop Mardon before he threatens the city with a tsunami? Once Barry realizes he can travel into the past, how long before he makes off to try and save his mother, thereby initiating Flashpoint? I haven’t been this revved since I drank those three espressos I thought were decaf!!
    One thing – could you go lighter on those “fourth wall” asides? It was cute the first time Cisco made reference to “week three;” regular references like this will start to get annoying.

45. mike says:

That was at the same the single best way to move the season forward and the single lamest thing ive ever seen to undo it all. Killed cisco was majorly chocking, the iris reveal even more..i should have seen the paradox but I really thought the after image was yellow, not red.

46. Hamza says:

They have been trying to shove the Barry and Iris romance since the beginning. It’s ridiculous. It’s just like Oliver and Laurel in the first season of Arrow. Some things that you may have intended at the beginning of the show just don’t work. You move on. Why keep at it?

• Briggs says:

It is not just like Oliver and Laurel. Their relationship is completely different, and I’ve loved their chemistry from day one. I was never as enthusiastic about O/L. Besides which, WestAllen is supposed to have a dynasty of speedsters whereas Lauriver gets… divorced.

• Lizo says:

I agree that Oliver/Laurel didn’t work and the writers have moved on from that, which was smart and better for the show overall. I don’t feel the same is true for Barry & Iris. They have a completely different history and are different people. Oliver & Laurel both realized they couldn’t be what they were; Barry and Iris are no where near that point yet.
      I’m no hard core shipper of these two, but I’d like to see their storyline play out and see where it goes. If it works, cool. If it doesn’t, that’s cool too. But I think it’s too early for us and the writers to assume it won’t work.

• tp says:

Hamza, I’m curious, why is it ridiculous and doesn’t work?

• Hamza says:

I think Eddie and Iris make a good couple. And Barry’s chemistry with Caitlin seems something to be explored.
        The storyline from comics is important but it doesn’t mean everything that’s in there should be done on a TV show.

• Briggs says:

You want him with Caitlin. We get it. But even in the ep where they had the ‘date’, it seemed like Barry was oblivious to Caitlin maybe liking him. A bit like Chloe and Clark.

• Leeeeeeeee says:

I am not a huge fan of Iris and Barry(on the show) dont feel the chemisty IMO, however they didnt completely annoy me when he was trying to protect her, but the way they were all flirty in front of their significant others was wack, realistically Linda or Eddie should have snapped lol(also what did Linda have to tell Barry in the 1st place?was she breaking up with him?is she preggers?!?!?!lol) But like I said im not a fan of barry/iris on the show… but they are together in the comics so no need to dislike the inevitable :( I do hope that they keep Linda or some love interest around for Barry atleast for a short while since Barry/Iris is end game

• JC1 says:

Well each to their own, but personally I don’t agree. I hate Lauriver as much as anyone, but Barry and Iris are not Oliver and Laurel, and I really loved the scene that they had as the tsunami was coming in. Part of me hates that it’s getting undone, but Cisco!!! It’s amazing how much Cisco has grown on me, because I really found him annoying in the first few episodes.

47. Lizo says:

Amazing episode!!!!! Really hope Cisco doesn’t die because he’s delightful and a highlight of the show. But I was surprised at how much I cared for the Barry/Iris stuff. Totally on board with that going forward.

48. Erin says:

If Barry sees himself running in the beginning of the episode doesn’t it mean that the Future Flash is already there and things unfold like they do with him there??? How are they gonna explain/change that???

49. Everyone kept saying “its a twist no-one will see coming”. That was wrong. i know alot of people including myself that the reverse flash was eobard thawne and was stuck in the past. You cant have a comic book character as famous as the flash, on tv, without people analysing every introduced person and making theories on who they might be. eventually, some one will figure out the truth, before it comes out on screen.

As for how they did it, i think it was great. But they ruined it by spoiling the idea of cisco having romantic interests in future episodes. It completely removes the shock value of cisco’s death at the end of this episode.

• herman1959 says:

So, did you see the tsunami coming? Speaking of which, wasn’t it was weird that Caitlin didn’t bat an eye when Barry told her there was a tsunami rising? Yes, I know that the Weather Wizard was afoot, but still.

• T says:

I don’t think this was the twist they were referring too. Grant Gustin responded to someone on twitter last night saying that no one knows the big reveal yet. It seems the twist no one has guessed is yet to come.