Ratings: Arrow Premiere Up, Red Band, Criminal Minds and Stalker Slip

Arrow Season 3 Premiere Ratings

The CW’s super week continued on Wednesday night as Arrow‘s Season 3 premiere — which TVLine readers graded a high “A” — drew 2.8 million total viewers and a 1.0 demo rating, ticking up from its previous opener (2.7 mil/0.9) and rising 18 and 11 percent from its sophomore finale.

Leading out of that, a re-“Run, Barry, run!” of The Flash added 2.1 mil and a 0.6 to its opening-week haul.

RELATED Arrow EP Discusses [Spoiler]’s Death, ‘Olicity’ on Hold and More

Elsewhere….

CBS | Survivor (9.5 mil/2.5) ticked up a tenth, while Criminal Minds (10.5 mil/2.3) and Stalker (8.1 mil/1.7) each slipped 15 percent in the demo from their premieres.

ABC | The Middle (7.3 mil/2.0) was steady, The Goldbergs (7 mil/2/2) ticked down a tenth and Modern Family (10.1 mil/3.4) dipped 5 and 8 percent, but black-ish (8 mil/2.8) rose two tenths. Nashville (5.5 mil/1.5) ticked down a tenth in the demo.

RELATED Kim Roots’ Nashville Recap: A Star is Forlorn

FOX | Hell’s Kitchen (3.8 mil/1.4) was steady, but Red Band Society (2.9 mil/0.9) was down 12 and 18 percent.

NBC | Mysteries of Laura (8.5 mil/1.3) slipped 6 and 13 percent and SVU (7.6 mil/1.7) dipped a tenth, but Chicago P.D. (6.7 mil/1.5) was steady.

1. enri says:

Arrow! Last nights episode was crazy…can’t wait to see what else they have in store.

2. nicole says:

1.0 demo rating, wtf? Still one of the most underrated show on TV!

• herman1959 says:

Yet another indicator that advertisers need to let go of the demo concept and go with total viewers!

• Steven says:

2.7 million is still a very low number.

• sarah j says:

For the CW it is good numbers. :)

• Jess says:

Excuse my ignorance as I’m not from america, but is the cw available in less houses unlike NBC, CBS etc which is why they have much lower ratings?

• BrittBrat says:

@ Jess The CW is available just like the other networks. It is just marketed towards teens and young adults, so l

• topoopon says:

The CW is a combination of the old UPN (Paramount) and the WB (Warner Bros.) networks which both started in 1995. In 2006 the CW was formed from a joint venture between CBS (owners of Paramount) and Time Warner, hence CW. Now unlike the other networks which have been around over 50 years, the CW is run a little different. Most local affiliates are or were independent stations usually affiliated with the larger CBS station in the area. They only run new programming 2 hrs a night and play reruns and syndicated programming at other times during the day.

3. Lysh says:

I was hoping The Flash would help Arrow’s ratings a bit, but I guess that’s still pretty good for the CW. I keep forgetting Survivor is still on.

• Zayne says:

This year’s Survivor cast looked horrible based on pre-interviews but it’s on track to be one of my favorite seasons. Blood vs Water does interesting things to people.

4. zac says:

Too bad for Red Band Society. They had a great episode this week. Just praying for at least 13 episodes before they cancel it.

Hoping for better ratings for Nashville too.

• Moment says:

I think the show will air out its entire season on Wednesday. The network is doing so badly this season that it doesn’t have anything to really replace it at this point in time.

5. Laura says:

SVU and Mysteries of Laura continue to go dooooowwwwwnnnnn. End their misery.

6. Sarah T. says:

I was kind of hoping that Arrow would be a little higher than that BUT still very good (especially for the CW). Awesome episode too!

7. Chris Roys says:

Can we talk how Nashville’s demo is thisclose to beating Chicago PD and Stalker?

8. TVFan says:

Glad Chicago PD held steady was nervous with American Horror Freak Show premiering.

9. sarah j says:

Arrow was so awesome last night!
    Modern Family was super funny.
    So happy that Chicago PD was steady.
    I think Stalker dipped because some people that watch the premiere ended up not liking it. I did but Chicago PD is my choice to watch “Live” and I record Nashville and Stalker.

10. Hopeful says:

Blackish was really funny last night. It’s finally starting to hit its stride after the terrible, unfunny Pilot episode

11. AW says:

I loved Arrow and totally surprised with the ending! What’s more amazing is The Flash repeat did incredible well too!

12. hipster says:

so, when is FOX’s powerhouse night? Monday? Sunday? All I keep reading is how sad their ratings are.

• Moment says:

Fox doesn’t have a night that could be called a powerhouse, but it does do well on Mondays and Sundays. On all the other days, they merely survive.

13. TVSERIESADDICT says:

The Middle is the most underrated show on TV. The ratings beat CW, FOX, and NBC. It’s a sure thing it’s getting renewed! LOVE THIS SHOW! The realism, acting, and writing are just ridiculously fantastic.Not to mention last night’s episode was absolutely fantastic, it keeps getting better and better. I hope the ratings either stay the same or rise.
    Modern Family drops and rises week-to-week but we all know for a FACT it’s renewed. Let’s face it.. it’s MODERN FAMILY
    I am really happy for Arrow. It had a strong premiere and i have even higher hopes and standards for this season. Don’t fail this fan base!

14. Cori says:

So sad about Red Band Society. I wish more people would give it a chance.

15. phuong says:

Arrow was so good yesterday I expected higher numbers

16. Sean says:

Finals

Modern Family up 0.2
    The Middle, The Goldberg’s, Black-ish up 0.1

17. How was arrow good?The Olicity stuff was obnoxious they do not have romantic chemistry that dinner date was so cringe worthy i could barely watch and then they fridge the most badass character on the show to make the worst character and actress relevant

• R says:

I agree about Katie Cassidy being the worst actress on the show but I really enjoyed arrow last night. People have different tastes you know

• aunni says:

everyone was puking when oliver/sara hooked up. bye bye troll

• blackconvoy says:

I liked that the Oliver and Felicity stuff was forced and had no chemistry. It goes to show to everyone who wants them to be together that they aren’t supposed to be together. Like Katie Cassidy or not, I do like her, Green Arrow and Black Canary are meant to be together. Not Oliver and Felicity.

• sara says:

BUAAAAAAA
        difference SHOW——————————————-COMIC
        OLICITY IS ENDGAME

• wonderwall says:

I don’t understand why people accept other changes from comic canon on the show except the romance angle. I don’t even think there is such a thing as comic canon because it gets rebooted all the time. Oliver isn’t always with Laurel. He’s either with Dinah Drake, Dinah Laurel, broken up with Laurel, then there’s the new 52 where he doesn’t even know Laurel. So, yeah. Oliver and Laurel getting back together after the death of Sara and Tommy just seems really disrespectful to me. And IMO the whole ‘meant to be’ spiel is very lazy and uncreative writing. Hopefully they don’t go down that route. It’s very HIMYM-esque. And we all know how that turned out lmao

And it’s interesting to see people not see chemistry between them! I thought they had tons! But to each their own :)

• silvia says:

Please Olicity is Chemistry 100%
      i love them
      OMG OMG OMG is VERY NICE!!!

18. Jenny says:

People need to get on board the arrow train! I