Witches of East End's Mädchen Amick Previews 'Twisted' Season Finale, Explores Wendy's 'Other' Sister

Witches Of East End Finale

Witches of East End wraps its second season Sunday (Lifetime, 9/8c) with a two-hour finale that’s likely to claim the lives of at least a few key players — but will Wendy be one of them?

RELATED Witches of East End Video: Watch Joanna’s Deleted Nightmare and Meet [Spoiler]

As already stated in this week’s Ask Ausiello, star Mädchen Amick is remaining mum about her character’s fate, but she’s got plenty to say about the explosive finale, the fate of Tommy and an unexplored branch of the Beauchamp family tree.

Ready? Let’s do this:

TVLINE | The promo makes it look like the Beauchamps might actually be working with Tarkoff. Am I crazy? He’s a really bad guy.
The interesting thing about Tarkoff is that, although he is completely loyal to the King and to the cause, he has this really twisted obsession with Joanna. He’s sickly in love with her, so if she said to him, “I’ll be with you, come to to my side,” he’d totally flip. There’s this constant thing going on between them, this power play.

TVLINE | I know Tommy is the vessel for the King’s spirit right now, but does that mean he’s beyond saving?
When they took the spirit from Freya [with that box] in the last episode, it also took the host body. But that’s not necessarily the case in every circumstance. That’s why Wendy is really holding out hope that there will be a way to save them.

TVLINE | I’ve loved watching Tommy and Wendy together. Is that a relationship you hope to explore?
It has been really great, hasn’t it? Even back when we did the screen test together, there was no doubt whatsoever. We had great chemistry and [Ignacio Serricchio] is a great actor. Tommy can throw the attitude right back at Wendy; they wanted to give her a relationship that has more meaning, and I’d like to keep exploring that. It’s been a lot of fun.

TVLINE | There was a deleted scene earlier this season which introduced another sister for Wendy and Joanna. What are your thoughts on her?
There’s obviously some pretty major history between Wendy, Joanna and this other sister; I mean, she’s been sent to the Underworld. What’s interesting is that Wendy has gone to the River Styx time and time again, when she dies and comes back to life, but she’s never gone any farther and had to face her sister. But there is that looming idea of kind of a bad character down in hell, plotting revenge on us. We’re just getting it from all sides. Hashtag witch problems!

TVLINE | Assuming you get a third season — and I am crossing all my fingers and toes — what do you hope to see from Wendy in the future?
I’d like to see Wendy’s darker side. She’s always teetering on it, then controlling herself, but she had a pretty big New Orleans voodoo phase. I think that’d be really fun to see.

So, Witches fans, how do you hope the finale will play out? Browse sneak-peek photos below, then drop a comment with your best theories.

1. analog says:

By the season finale they said they’re going to lose someone from the family. Might be Frederick.

2. Nate says:

This better get renewed

3. D. says:

I really hope they renew the show for a third season and that Wendy won’t die as they want us to believe. Love her.

• Kate says:

Me too, I have an idea that her ex might be working on something, why else introduce him and mention he has an idea to reinstate her lives. I’m a little worried based on the pictures, that her father refreshes them and binds them to him.

• ChrisGa says:

Yeah, here’s hoping they don’t kill of Wendy; Madchen Amick is by far the best thing about the show(although watching Eric Winter in nothing but black boxer briefs is pretty high up there too :) ).

4. Kate says:

I really like my idea that Raven is the third sister. She seems to know some more things, was particularly interested in the Freddie/Killian interaction, seems to know what that substance is that was in the body and in Dash’s fireplace, and seems to recognize the King’s symbol. But she doesn’t seem like she would automatically be a Beauchamp on Wendy/Joanna side of things nor on the King’s side. Her just being someone with her own, and possibly totally justified, mission might make sense. And she could have escaped when Ingrid opened the portal last season – I sense more than just Frederick and the Manticore came through.

I hope Frederick doesn’t die, he seems to have a lot of Gardiner information to share. He seems to need a leader though and I hope he can figure that stuff out.

I’m glad it appears that Ingrid sorts out Killian, I’m still rather convinced they need a telepath to at least counter Tarkoff and he seems to be one.

5. Ray says:

I’ve been so disappointed with this show’s past couple of episodes that I almost don’t care if it doesn’t return for a third season at this point.

The resurrection of the girls was a copout. Apparently all it takes to bring back someone from the dead is the correct person chanting the correct words. I’m sure some iteration of this lame plot device will be used again in the future if any of the main characters were to die. Moreover, Joanna and Wendy have stated time and time again that all magick (especially performed to avert death) comes at a price, but there have been absolutely no consequences for bringing Freya and Ingrid back.

This show is dangerously close to being on Vampire Diaries territory where death becomes absolutely meaningless.

• Fran says:

I would be fine with it if it only happened this one time, and it was apparently something only the king could do. So I think it seems to be a different type of magic. Maybe there will be consequences in the future? I don’t know, it didn’t bother me that much. If it continued in the future then I would compare it to the “death is meaningless” argument. But I can see why it would bother some people as well.

6. pam says:

I disagree ray. The king isn’t just a witch so the rules of his subjects doesn’t apply to him. Really good season this year. Hope it will return for season 4! Hopefully frederick will be around.

7. Thanh says:

Wendy’s my favorite. I look forward to the show giving her more story. I also really love Joanna, and hope the show gives her good stuff to do in future episodes too.

8. Ruth says:

One of my favorite guilty pleasures is this show. Please renew this fun show!

9. Glenda says:

I would have loved to write the next story line I have a few ideas of my own.

10. Mandy says:

I loved season 2 of Witches of East End and am hoping it renews for season 3. We must find out about this third sister, is Wendy really dead, what is Raven’s deal, who killed Frederick, and of course when will they figure out the switch Dash made at the end?? All these questions and we need answers!!

• Monique says:

I agree this show has to come back! There’s to many un answered questions. We need to find out an see this show play through.

11. Sandra Calvert says:

im really sick of witche of east end always being yanked off , I get into the characters then all of a sudden the program is taken off ! If this continues I won’t be watching when it returns:(((((((((

12. Mohammad Badran says:

What if that woman who killed Frederick is Penelopé… maybe she’s not dead… and maybe Wendy and her second sister will find a way out of underworld, and then Penelopé and that sister will collaborate to take down the bauchaumps!!!!
    Am just sayin…. and maybe Ingrid will have that baby and dash will sacrifice it and give the baby to Penelopé!!! It sounds right!!!!
    And maybe Ingrid will be dark again!!!