The Voice is about to receive a Swift kick to its Knockout regions.
It’s less painful than it sounds, though. Putting it more plainly, country-pop sensation Taylor Swift will serve as the sole adviser for all four teams during the NBC singing competition’s Season 7 Knockout Rounds, the network announced today.
Swift’s episodes are scheduled to air Oct., 27 and 28 and Nov. 3 (8/7c), where she’ll meet with the remaining contestants on Teams Blake, Gwen, Pharrell and Adam — and offer them advice on “vocal technique, stage presence and the importance of tailoring songs to fit their personalities and strengths.”
In the Knockout Rounds, the coaches will cut their teams in half in head-to-head battles; each coach will have a chance for one final “Steal” heading into the live playoffs.
Is your stomach growling for more tasty morsels of TV news? Well…
* TV Land has cancelled its Jaime Pressly-fronted sitcom Jennifer Falls after one season.
* Grab the smelling salts for some swoon-inducing casting news: Thor‘s Tom Hiddleston and House‘s Hugh Laurie are attached to a TV adaptation of John le Carre’s The Night Manager, according to The Hollywood Reporter. BBC will air the series across the pond, while multiple U.S. networks are eyeing it for a straight-to-series pickup stateside.
* Can Elizabeth Perkins get away with murder? An informal jury poll says “probably,” since the Weeds actress is set to guest star as a client of Viola Davis’ powerhouse Annalise Keating on the Oct. 16 episode of ABC’s How to Get Away With Murder, according to EW.com.
* BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES! Season 2 of Starz’ Black Sails will debut Saturday, Jan. 24 at 9/8c.
* Bang your gavel if you’ll want “order in the living room!” on Thursday nights, now that The Office‘s Angela Kinsey has landed a recurring role as Kate Walsh’s childhood friend on NBC’s Bad Judge. EW.com reports that Kinsey’s character, Michelle Wagoner, is a recently divorced dental hygienist.
* Showtime has unveiled the main title sequence for its new drama The Affair (premiering Oct. 12,) featuring a new original song, “Container,” written and performed by Fiona Apple. Listen to it below!