Were Castle Cops Hasty? Is Vampire Damon Stuck in the '90s? Ideas for Savi's Send-Off? And More TV Qs!

Once Upon a Time True BloodWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Once Upon a Time, Castle, Bones and The Vampire Diaries!

1 | Who would win in a light fight: Once Upon a Time‘s Emma or True Blood‘s Sookie? Also, does the below photo Once Upon a Timeconfirm, as we suspected while watching the scene, that Giancarlo Esposito worked opposite a Lana Parrilla stand-in? (Perhaps due to scheduling issues?) And just how long did it take Elsa to walk from the town line (in the evening) to Main Street (basked in morning light)?

RELATED Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites

2 | Shouldn’t Resurrection’s Maggie really have done an EKG on Bellamy, before assuring him that nothing was wrong with his heart?

3 | Really, Good Wife? Alicia was shocked to discover that she needed Peter’s sign-off before taking out a second mortgage on their home? And is there an Emmy for Best Single Outfit Worn by a Boss that we can give to Diane’s leopard-print number as she exited Lockhart-Gardner for the final time?

4 | Who else suspects that Sleepy Hollow‘s Kindred is going to pop up sometime later in the season, perhaps when Abbie and Ichabod need him/it most?

5 | Not to question the 12th’s police work, but shouldn’t one of Castle‘s detectives at least glimpsed inside the compactor to see if Rick was in there, possibly somehow alive? And wasn’t Ryan a bit hastyCastle Once Upon a Time to not have Tory immediately “push in” on the security cam footage? What if Beckett had not thought to? And which ABC bride-to-be had the prettier dress: Kate or Once Upon a Time’s Anna?

6 | In the wake of Alyssa Milano announcing her exit from Season 3 of Mistresses, what’s the best way for Savi to be written off: Death? A move to the East coast prompted by Joss and Harry’s hookup? An around-the-world trip to get her mojo back? And are you for or against producers’ plans to bring in a new “mistress” to hang with Karen, April and Joss?

RELATED Once Upon a Time: Jennifer Morrison Talks Bonding With Elsa, Dealing With Regina, Adventures in Dating and More

7 | On The Voice, didn’t it seem a bit out of place for Gwen Stefani’s son Kingston to sit there while she talked about her love of Jamaica (and reggae artist Anita Antoinette?)

8 | Might the healthiest (and funniest) relationship on Sons of Anarchy be the one between Tig and Ratboy?

9 | Considering Selfie is based on the musical My Fair Lady, wasn’t it a bit odd that a song from Grease was used in the final scene?

10 | On Forever, will Henry’s assistant Lucas ever be more than the punchline-heavy sidekick?

11 | Now that The Mindy Project has started the parade of Mindy’s ex-boyfriends, who do you want to see return next? (Our vote is for Seth Rogen.)

12 | Thanks to New Girl, have you been humming Tal Bachman’s “She’s So High” all week?

13 | Did Awkward‘s Jenna really mistake Pachelbel’s Canon for a Robin Thicke song? (We thought she The Bridgewas supposed to be smart.)

14 | The Bridge, or The Walking Dead Season 3?

15 | ‘Fess up, black-ish viewers: Who Googled the “triceratops” and “devil’s threesome” sex positions?

16 | On Nashville, how are we supposed to worry about Luke as a real contender for Rayna’s heart when she seems — at best — only mildly interested in anything he has to say? (Also, is “Ruke” the worst couple nickname you’ve ever heard?) And should Layla and Will be having a loud argument about their personal business in a busy restaurant? And what was with the weird direction/editing during Juliette and Avery’s fight?

17 | Whatever happened to Charlie’s dad (played by Thomas Ian Nichols) on Red Band Society? Or is there only room for one parental unit per ward per episode?

RELATED Post Mortem: Bones Boss Talks Missing Funeral Guests, the ‘Furious’ Booth-Brennan Fight, Sweets’ Twin and More

Bones18 | How many times during this Bones scene did you have to remind yourself that it wasn’t Sweets sitting there but his look-alike replacement Aubrey? And now that it’s been wrapped up, can someone please explain the Hoover conspiracy to us?

19 | After watching Gracepoint, who cued up Broadchurch‘s own premiere, if only to compare that extended opening tracking shots? Also, if you were Danny’s mom, would you have accepted Mark’s “I was working” as an explanation for his whereabouts the night of the murder?

RELATED Vampire Diaries Post Mortem: EP Talks Elena’s Shocking Request, the Bonnie/Damon Mystery and More

Vampire Diaries20 | Between the flannel and the soundtrack (Collective Soul!), is it safe to assume The Vampire Diaries‘ Bonnie and Damon are eternally trapped in the ’90s?

21 | Scandal fan/TVLine reader CK asks: “Can Cyrus’ storyline this season just consist of him being tempted by a trio of male prostitutes played by all the fathers from Teen Wolf,  please?”

22 | Place your bets early — even though we’re all almost certain to be wrong: Who do you think killed Sam and Lila on How to Get Away With Murder? And are we looking at two different murderers or a double-homicide?

23 | Between her fun cameo on A to Z and her Dancing With the Stars turn, is Lea Thompson having a moment?

1. Miss Rozie says:

Kate Beckett’s wedding gown wasn’t just pretty, it was gorgeous. Kate’s hair style was also beautiful & so was her make-up. Now, the question is … when Rick & Kate marry & they will, will they have a big splash so we can see Kate being walked down to her soon-to-be husband by her Dad or will it be a toned down occasion at a Justice of the Peace or City Hall – hope we get the wedding Rick knows his Bride-to-Be deserves after what she all went through searching for him two months, but that’s just me. :-)

• um... says:

agreed!
      also, and unrelated…i think the detectives of the 12th, who had known rick for 6 years, were a little quick to judge—espo!

• Michelle says:

Just a little?

• I had so many issues with that, myself. It just makes no sense to me, given all the bonding these characters have done over the years. Ryan and Espo were fighting over who got to be best man at the wedding, after all – shouldn’t they (particularly Espo) have had a bit more faith?

But back to the wedding dress: I absolutely loved Beckett’s dress. It was beautiful, the sort of dress I would want to wear to my wedding if I had a figure like Stana Katic. I also agree that her hair styling worked wonderfully: it framed her face in a very attractive yet simple way.

• Lily says:

I agree. I also thought she was a little too quick to judge and not only quick to judge but did she really value their relationship so minutely that she thought the worst of him. And Espo as well. Tsk. Tsk. Shame on them both. Good thing we had the wrong mobile home owner or they never would be toasting each other.

• Fran says:

Espo though has been like that with Castle for awhile now. So his reaction fit in with the way his character has been portrayed recently. Kate believed in Castle in her heart, but well, she’s human. After that evidence I can see why she started to have trouble with it. I was fine with the way it was done. As far as the wedding, I hope its a small thing. A Hamptons wedding did not fit Kate’s personality or her relationship with Castle, in my opinion. Her dress was gorgeous though.

• c-mo says:

My prediction is that they get married in episode 6. No predictions about anything else having to do with the wedding but I think it will have all of the necessary players, including Kate’s dad and Jenny.

• Christy says:

I am still hoping for a bigger thing (and the dress wasn’t THAT messed up, I’m sure Castle can afford an expert dry cleaner). But if they do go for a more toned down thing, I am still going to need Jom to be there. It is not ok that he doesn’t get to walk his little girl down the aisle.

• Grey says:

Miss Roze, I totally agree with your post. Well said!

• lame says:

It’ll be a small ceremony, hell, her dad wasn’t there for the first attempt why would he be there the second time around.

• Grey says:

Because maybe now Scott Paulin is available and the show now has a new budget and can afford to pay him? ;D

• lame says:

Budget constraints don’t work well into plot lines, nor should they. That is something that they’ll have to explain, not try to smoke screen, loyal fans notice everything.

• Fran says:

Mmm hmm. And maybe they didn’t bother bringing him in for the episode since they knew no actual wedding would be taking place.

• lame says:

But for the fulfillment of the plot line he should have been at his daughter’s side when she ran down to the burning car. For a father that worries about his daughter’s vocation, it rang hollow.

• S. says:

He worries about his daughter’s vocation, but it made no sense to drag him down there. She wasn’t gonna blubber “Daddy!!!” and ask for a hug. She got Alexis and Martha because they were Castle’s immediate family (they’re going to care most and they’ll be the ones called in an emergency anyway besides Kate herself). Ryan and Espo are not only close friends, they’re her team. The wedding guests can’t all run down there. Kate didn’t know what she’d find and it’s best not to involve too many people in an emergency situation. He probably was told there was an accident and left in charge of dealing with guests. Someone had to do that.

2. analythinker says:

Ok, gotta say it: Bones’ conspiracy is only showing that the writers are getting jaded. It’s seriously lame, connecting Sweet’s notes to religious devotion towards Hoover? Doctor whatever-his-name-was was not evil enough as an antagonist, he was even portrayed as a bit dumb and clueless at first. A change of character to someone plotting an intricate conspiracy in the blink of an eye? Not buying it.

Sweet’s death, however sad, looked staged. Oh and, basic question remains the same: does the Jeffersonian really deal with dead bodies, not just bones, and take every Jeffersonian-related crime scene to their lab? What’s the role of CSI and the police here?

3. Amanda says:

#5 I was more concerned with how quickly everyone thought Castle had really just taken off? It didn’t even occur to them that he could have been coerced into making that money drop? Granted, as the evidence mounted it seemed to create doubt, but they immediately went there. Plus, they know Castle is too smart to have left such an easy trail.

• mom2busyboys says:

I totally agree with Amanda. He has been with them for what, 6 years? And they all immediately thought the worst of him. Not great police work. None of them even gave him the benefit of the doubt.

• Grey says:

Agreed. (Wow, smart “Castle” fans on here. lol)

• Mantra720 says:

Also even for being a fiancee, Kate’s treatment of his memory loss in the hospital was pathetic; any other cop would have had to turn their badge in within minutes for peppering someone with hard questions like that and outright calling them a criminal when they didn’t know what happened. Let the doctors do their jobs and the memories come naturally.

• georgiamadman says:

“One More Whine” will be posting shortly….

• Fran says:

The only one who immediately went there was Espo though, and he’s done the same in the past so that didn’t surprise me. Kate started to really have trouble with it when the tent was discovered, which made sense to me.

• Fran says:

I should clarify- I mean that Espo has become quite snarky and rude to Castle, whereas in the past he was always cool with him. So when I say “done the same in the past”, that’s what’s I mean. I can’t figure out though why his feelings for Castle changed.

• lame says:

Agree completely. Someone said he’s following the evidence,but he seems more than ready to being shoveling the dirt over RC’s not yet cold body.

• lkh says:

I think Castle often gets in trouble and the boys and even Beckett begin to question him. Espo just has a different approach. Even though he doubted Castle in ‘Probable Cause’ he eventually came around to Castle’s side, said he loved him too. Beckett cried about the letters.
            Regarding Beckett’s reaction in the hospital–first time she saw him, he was still asleep, it was very gentle. Second time when he was awake and he started with his nonsense, she immediately stopped it and wanted answers as to what had gone on. He does that frequently, I can imagine being short with him about his silly behavior. (I know 4 years ago I would had said something like that to him–I’ve already raised a 13 yo.) I found the exchange when they were drinking champagne to be uncomfortable too. She had to stop his silly behavior in Valkyrie also–he explains this by saying it’s his way of dealing. and so it goes

• S. says:

Don’t forget, the man they most admired and respected, a father figure, betrayed them–Montgomery. They’ve known and trusted him a lot longer than Castle and he lied to them. You saw how Ryan and Espo came to blows over it. Espo didn’t wanna believe it. I’m sure it’s affected their ability to trust. You’d think coercion would be a question with Rick’s money drop, but the problem was so much of the other evidence indicated a man who WAS Rick, including Kate’s own eyes and sense of his body movement, and yet he was acting like someone hiding out on purpose. The tent situation, appearing to be camping and yet being alone, the DNA and prints…All his wedding attire and newspapers, like he was monitoring the outside word but choosing not to interact with it. They didn’t realize that wasn’t the real Henry Jenkins. That matters. Had they known that, the credibility of all of it would’ve been easier to pick apart. You’ve got an FBI guy and a psychologist telling Kate things seem fishy which is one thing, but the boys are suspicious because they’ve been burned before. If I were Rick I’d be mad if they tried to get between me and proving my story (or lack of story) and finding out the truth. I wouldn’t get mad for looking at the evidence and coming to the conclusion they did.

4. MA says:

Kate wins the wedding gown battle hands down. No competition.

5. OncewasaBonesFan says:

Dear Bones we are done. You killed Sweets and my 9 year devotion to you all in one night. I’ll miss seasons 1-4, but that’s it.

6. dancmh says:

Emma’s McGuffin magic was effectively useless. Sookie would kick her ass then make Hook a man.

• wordsmith says:

Sookie’s magic is also mostly a useless light show, except for that nuke ball she can only use once, and then will no longer be magical at all.
      As for the other matter, I know she’s hampered by being on network TV, but I assume Emma is no slouch in the sack either – she’s had a much rougher, seedier upbringing in the big city in comparison to sheltered, small town Sookie.

• Rich Abey says:

Ummm…Hook is already a man. Probably the only guy alive to challenge Rumple (the most powerful magician in the world), win away his wife and still remain alive. Besides Sookie would be too busy making out to bother anyway!

7. Daisy says:

21. I am baffled by how stupid Cyrus is being. He’s a major public figure who had a meltdown on national TV when his husband died. Does he honestly believe some random stranger in a bar has absolutely no idea who he is and has no ulterior motive?

8. Laura j says:

Kate had the better dress for sure and the guys at the 12th are idiots for doubting castle they are supposed to be his friends they should’ve known he would never do that to Kate or to Alexis!

On mistresses the show should cancel their plans to go to Vancouver and stay in LA to keep Alyssa Milano she’s the best pRt of the show and k don’t think I’ll atcj without her.

Nashville made the wrong choice for Reyna she doesn’t love Luke she loves the idea of Luke, Decan is a much better choice.

9. A.Rae says:

1(b) – When that scene came up, I pointed out that ridic wig to my daughter… It was pretty obvious that wasn’t Lana…I love OUAT but stuff like that makes it hard to defend to haters (i.e. my husband).

10. Grey says:

“And is there an Emmy for Best Single Outfit Worn by a Boss that we can give to Diane’s leopard-print number as she exited Lockhart-Gardner for the final time?”

OMG! And I thought it was just me who TOTALLY LOVED IT! I swear, I’m starting to watch this show just for the clothes.

11. Kat says:

“On Forever, will Henry’s assistant Lucas ever be more than the punchline-heavy sidekick?” Seriously? We’ve had 3 episodes! We don’t even know the main characters yet, much less the “punch-heavy sidekick.” Sheesh.

12. Grey says:

Re: “Castle.” My only explanation for Espo’s behavior is that maybe he’s in on it. I’m still not totally convinced Castle doesn’t remember or knows about what all happened to him during those two months. Not that he’s being devious, just that maybe he’s in some sort of position in which he can’t reveal all right now. To that end, and after re-watching the episode looking for more, subtle, clues, it occurred to me that *maybe* others close to Castle are in on it somehow. Again not in a devious way but as a means to help him and, in turn, to also protect Kate, Alexis and Martha. It would be one explanation for Espo’s hast to condemn him. To paraphrase the famous quote, “Methinks you do protest too much [Espo].” It might be important to the bigger picture that it appears that everyone has doubts and its Espo’s “job” to nudge that along. Just speculating out loud, here.

• carbono says:

Yeah I think that Martha for one knows something. The way they did that close-up on her face when the FBI was going thru Castle’s computer & the way she kept trying to talk Beckettt down from confronting Castle about what had happened to hi. His dad is going to be involved somehow!

13. sarah j says:

6)I am sad that Alyssa will not be on Season 3. I think that the best way to write her out of the show is to have Savi leave town after seeing Joss and Harry.
    Yes I am all for having a 4th join it can be an old school friend of Joss’ OR a cousin of April or Karen.
    16)Luke is shady and has ulterior motives for being with Rayna, he seemed way to interested in her childhood when they were at her dads house. Yes Ruke is an awful name, Layna would have been a little better. I do not like Layla and wish she would go away. They have to hide Hayden’s pregnancy bump as Juliette is just 2 months along and Hayden is father along than that.
    20)Yes the are in the 90’s and then we gang has to figure out a way to get them back.

14. Rook says:

22- I think that Gilmore Girl whose name I can’ remember killed them both Lila for jealousy of her relationship with Sam, and Sam for not wanting to be with her.

I don’t think Annalise or any of the students did it.

15. Sarah George says:

I believe Castle left Kate to protect her, and caused his own amnesia. Whatever he was involved in before the wedding, something from his past, he didn’t want Kate involved in it. And he had to figure out a way to erase his own memory to make sure that he couldn’t divulge the information…. especially in an interrogation by his lovely fiancee. Chemically inducing it was the way to go, plus, getting shot at probably sped up the process. In Castle ep “The Fifth Bullet”, a witness to a murder, who thought he would die too, loses his long term and short term memory because of trauma. The same thing could happen here.

However, knowing Castle, if he wanted to leave himself clues behind… such as a key sewn into his jeans? He would do so, knowing his amnesiac self would find it and find out what it means later.

That’s my theory. I concur, the boys were a little hard on Castle, but to me, that was believable. The wedding was an emotional thing for them too. And they protect Beckett like brothers would. They could have believed in Castle more, but their strongest and longest connection is to Beckett. Regardless of your relationship to someone, if a friend pf yours, even your best friend, leaves your sister at the altar, and gives no reason or explanation why, and you go through the motions of finding evidence that proved he did it on purpose? I wpuld understand that you would be mad, frustrated, and less likely to give the benefit of the doubt. In Season 6 “Probable Cause”, Castle was set up for murder, and the boys gave him the benefit of the doubt. The vic was not connected to them. It wasn’t personal. Leaving Kate at the altar? Personal.

• Fran says:

Nicely said. I agree. It made sense to me even if it wasn’t something pleasant to watch.

• DarkDefender says:

I no longer think Castle is hiding some horrible stuff from Beckett by faking amnesia. I believe it is a new big bad who knows a LOT about Castle and Beckett’s cases.

His disappearance has aspects of past crimes (episodes):
      Faking death: Poof, You’re Dead
      Kidnapping: Target/Hunt
      Amnesia & being suggestable: Undead Again (drug induced) and The Fifth Bullet
      Faking video/stand-ins: Lives of Others and Probable Cause
      Having the crime happen specifically in the Hamptons (and not NYC): Murder He Wrote
      Someone having “unlimited resources”: Probable Cause
      Bag of evidence being left where Castle lived (tent): Probable Cause

Ironically a lot leads to Probable Cause, but I am certain this isn’t a 3XK thing. Could Castle have been brought to some tropical island and hunted for sport (gunshot wound & dengue fever antibody) and he escaped?

I do like your idea that the key is something Castle left himself to figure it out later. That sounds more like the Castle of Seasons 1 & 2, who had “a guy” for everything and was as good a shot as Javi. Plus it’s pretty obvious that key is to a locker.

16. lame says:

Other than Beckett questioning Castle’s truthfulness after six years, yeah it was very weird that her first move wasn’t to the compactor, to see if he could by some miracle have survived. By the end of the episode I was wondering if Castle should look for better friends at another precinct and maybe another girl friend,LOL!

17. 13 Have any of Thicke’s songs sampled Canon? There are a lot of kids whose first exposure to classical music comes from a sample or a commercial.

18. I love that Aubrey’s developing some quirks.

• anon says:

I think his quirks are over kill and annoying , didn’t we already have that with Vincent….so he looks like Sweets and acts like Vincent, the two chars that they killed off….really wished we can have some eps without him in the team….they are pushing him to hard and too fast so soon after Sweets.

19. LAwoman says:

8: Yes! Tig and Ratboy have provided some welcome comic relief on Sons.

20. Rich Abey says:

#5. Kate’s dress was far more prettier than Anna’s. Anna’ was puffy while Kate’s dress was elegant & stylistic, characteristics which define Kate herself. So it’s a pretty good dress to wear on her wedding day…too bad it’s postponed for now!

21. Alison says:

On New Girl, didn’t Winston used to be Schmidt’s boss’ manny? So wouldn’t she have recognized him in the fake focus group??!!

22. redjane12 says:

#My fav ex-Mindy boyfriend was the sports agent who ended up in rehab. Not strictly a boyfriend but I wouldn’t mind seeing Tim Olyphant playing the skateboarding dude again..

• S. says:

I’d love to see Josh again just because he assumed Mindy was with Danny when they came to the rehab place. It’d be fun to watch him go ‘I knew it!’

23. Kirsten says:

Yep it’s 1994 where Damon and Bonnie are, saw an extended promo showing that. They are reliving May 10th 1994 over and over, Groundhog Day style!

24. Krystan says:

Beckett’s dress is gorgeous!
    15) Barney Stinson explained to America what a Devil’s three way was a long time ago.

25. I’ve got a question, what happened to Walter and his sister’s Irish accents on Scorpion?

26. Tom says:

~
    I thought everyone knew what a “devil’s threesome” is
    ~
    ~
    It would appear so. Good for her.

• lingophilia says:

Agreed. Even if you don’t know what a “devil’s threesome” is, you could probably figure it out. As for the triceratops … it did cross my mind to google. it. I stopped myself.

27. JJ says:

I’m sure Will Chase is a great guy, but Connie Britton sure doesn’t seem attracted to him.

28. Heathers says:

8. Tig and Venus are the funniest, followed by Tig and Ratboy.
    23. Nice to see Lea make a comeback

29. Kristen says:

7. Kingston is the capital of Jamaica, so I think she was trying to say she likes Jamaica so much she named her kid after the capital city. I started laughing when he popped on screen. The shot switched back to her and all of the sudden a kid was on her lap.

30. Fran says:

8- I’d give that to Tig and Venus actually. Funny and sweet at the same time. It brought in some much needed lighter moments in an otherwise super dark season. But Ratboy and Tig come in second for me.

31. Kels says:

My question for the week would be about Sydney on Parenthood. When Julia told Sydney’s teacher that this bullying behavior wasn’t her and that Sydney is a sweet girl, was I the only one thinking “wait, what?!” Sydney is totally prone to temper tantrums and being a spoiled little princess. It’s not wildly out of character to think that she’d bully a chubby girl.

32. Dan says:

#!0, I’m really holding out for Lucas to take an evil turn at the end of the season. That would be unexpected and probably kinda cool…

33. Angela says:

#4: Won’t surprise me if that happens. And I hope it does, mainly ’cause I’d love to see more awesome monster fights :D.
    #22: So far, I think Annalise killed Sam, and Sam and/or Annalise killed Lila. I also think they’re two different murders…just eerily connected. I like the double homicide theory, though.

34. DavidSask says:

All I have to say is with HTGAWM is the better have the murder solved by the end of the 15 episodes! If they carry any crap into second season and not start fresh I will be pissed and likely flee show!

35. Sheila says:

#1: I rewound the scene twice because I was so thrown off by the difference in Regina’s hair in the shots!

36. Gem says:

Seeing as Kingston is the Jamaican capital, I think it’s entirely appropriate Gwen’s son (who’s named after it) was there.

37. Annie says:

22. b
    Is Connor really into Oliver or is he just using him? And what did he turn him on more, geeky IT guy or being “stabbed” sixteen times?

38. Duh, Sam killed Lila and Keating killed Sam.

39. valeriel40 says:

Scandal fan/TVLine reader CK asks: “Can Cyrus’ storyline this season just consist of him being tempted by a trio of male prostitutes played by all the fathers from Teen Wolf, please?”
    Um, YESSSSSS. Rowr.

40. Pati says:

15: I did now lol

41. James says:

16. Isn’t *every* couple nickname the worst couple nickname you’ve ever heard?

42. Leonie1988 says:

6) I don’t think Mistresses will survive without Alyssa Milano, but if it does… let Savi and Harry get back together, go to Australia and get the other girls a new mistress.

43. Guest says:

On forever I don’t know why but I have a sneaky suspicion that Lucas IS the “biggest fan” no idea why I think that but there ya go haha
    On who would win between emma and sookie..hmm I’d have to go with emma sookies Magic seemed to only effect supernatural creatures and emma seems pretty limitless (when she can use it).
    Don’t know why damon and Bonnie are stuck in 1994…an odd time all around.