How Is The Leftovers' Kevin Hangin'? Is Arrow Wild About Warblers? Is Liars Timeline Pretty Crazy? And More TV Qs

Doctor WhoWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Doctor WhoWitches of East End, General Hospital and Covert Affairs!

1 | Considering Doctor Who‘s Clara has met every incarnation of the Doctor, why did she have such a hard time accepting his latest regeneration? Also, isn’t the Doctor’s “girlfriend” Missy a little too much like River Song, his “wife?”

RELATED Doctor Who: 13 Best ‘Modern’ Episodes!

2 | Anyone else notice how much older than MTV’s target demo the VMA presenters (e.g. (Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels, Chelsea Handler, Gwen Stefani) were this year? And what’s your take on Beyonce’s happy family interlude at the end of her set: genuine joy or PR machine-generated moment?

3 | Were the multiple time jumps on Masters of Sex incredibly jarring?

4 | Why didn’t Witches of East End‘s Killian get out of the apartment after he found out what Eva had done to him? Do Ingrid and Dash have more chemistry together than Freya and Dash did?

5 | How great was it to hear Reckless‘ Jaime call out the double standards of the questions Lee Anne has to answer? (Side note: The LeftoversJust how many checkered shirts does Mr. Rayder own?)

6 | Um… Should the Leftovers wardrobe department think about incorporating a pair of underwear into Justin Theroux’s running attire next time? (In related news, good for Jennifer Aniston, right?) And which moment was more heartbreaking: seeing how bubbly Jill used to be, or watching the exact moment when Nora used that last paper towel?

7 | Why, why, why didn’t that cabbie on The Strain just drive away from all the infected victims?!

8 | In the battle of 2014 classic-rock throwback winners of reality-competition shows, who gets your vote: American Idol‘s Caleb Johnson or Rising Star‘s Jesse Kinch? (No, you can’t go with, “None of the above.”)

9 | Under the Dome fans: Between his disappearance from the tunnel in Chester’s Mill and his failure to get back from Zenith, does anyone else feel like Lyle is the toddler you can’t keep track of?Bachelor in Paradise

10 | Do you feel bad for Bachelor in Paradise‘s Clare, seeing how the show’s editors have now — on two separate episodes — edited her footage to suggest she’s having extended conversations with a Mexican raccoon? Or are you too busy howling with laughter over these scenes to worry about the fameosexual fallout?

11 | When it comes to Teen Wolf’s supernatural crimes, should we just accept Peter Hale as “guilty until proven innocent”?

12 | What possible reason did Mistresses‘ April have for showing loyalty to presumed-dead ex Paul and thwarting the FBI’s efforts to arrest him? And given her bar-hopping, bed-hopping Season 2 journey, how surprising (and oddly touching) was it when Karen wound up seeking solace in (of all places) a church? Meanwhile, TVLine reader Sandra asks: “What happened to the tattoo on Savi’s neck?”

America's Next Top Model13 | Who else let out a gleeful “Woo-hoo!” when America Next Top Model‘s Tyra chose mighty-fine Denzel as the final finalist for Cycle 21? And is anyone else kinda-sorta ‘shipping Will and Denzel after the latter got flustered by their homoerotic positioning in the group shoot? (We fully expect and accept that it’s probably “just us.”)

14 | As joyful as the news is in the spoiler-filled Parenthood farewell season trailer, does this yet again underscore that NBC promos reveal too, too much?

General Hospital15 | Setting aside for a moment why General Hospital’s Levi had this newspaper clipping hidden away, we’d like to know: Who could have possibly taken this photo of Frisco and Felicia in the midst of the 1984 Aztec treasure hunt? We doubt Sean Donely or Peter Harrell were toting around an Instamatic!

RELATED Pretty Little Liars‘ Latest Victim Reveals Her Ghostly Return, Revenge Plans for Alison and More

16 | To paraphrase TVLine reader AlistairCrane: “Pretty Little Liars wants us to believe that the second half of Season 3, all of Season 4 and the first half of Season 5 took place between Halloween and Thanksgiving? That’s 45 episodes covering less than a month!”

17 | Finding Carter’s Elizabeth walked in on her teenage daughter having sex and then just politely backed out of the room and let them continue on? Really? Oh, and where can we find a Max of our own?Rizzoli & Isles

18 | If it was the middle of (an otherwise well-depicted) Rizzoli & Isles heat wave, ‎why was Jane in a blazer and this POI in a hoodie?

RELATED Post Mortem: Covert Affairs Bosses Talk [Spoiler]‘s Fate, Annie and Auggie’s ‘Challenge’ and More

19 | Could Covert Affairs’ immersed-in-shadows Annie/Caitlin “showdown” have made it any more clear that a Perrey Reeves stunt double was used almost exclusively?

Defiance20 | Remind us again why the Feds of Graceland couldn’t have simply coordinated with the bank to fake a heist…?

21 | Does FiOS not possess the same Defiance Votan dictionary that other TV providers’ closed-captioners have? And could you-know-who’s tragic death have been any more telegraphed?

RELATED Arrow‘s Crazy No. 1 Fan Is… Sam and Dean Winchester’s Mom?

22 | What is it with Arrow’s Felicity and former Warblers? When does Darren Criss show up as Ed Raymond?Today Ariana Grande

23 | Did NBC’s Today make Ariana Grande conspicuously wear stockings? Perhaps to keep those in the front row from getting more of a “show” than they bargained for?

1. ... says:

3: I didn’t think they were that jarring, just because they used the same device to signal them each time. This season has some bizarre pacing, though.
    4: I thought it was because he wanted to confront her about it and find out why exactly she did what she did. Not the smartest plan, but I buy that he was thinking more with emotion (how could she do this to me) than with logic (I need to stay away from her) in that kind of situation. Plus, part of his motivation could have been “I have powers now, too, so I could defend myself if she tries anything.”
    6: No. No, they shouldn’t. Also, good for you, Jen Aniston.
    12: I buy April protecting Paul because of Lucy – she doesn’t want her daughter to find out that Paul’s in jail (the FBI wouldn’t protect him and the news of his arrest would become public) or that he was mixed up with the wrong people. However, her getting herself arrested over it? I don’t quite understand. April’s been so adamant about doing the best thing for her daughter, yet she gets herself in trouble with the FBI over the ex-husband who faked his own death to have another family?
    14: Yeah, NBC promos are bad for spoiling things – Parenthood promos, in particular. I don’t mind a little spoilage (I wouldn’t watch promos if I did), but answering one of the cliffhangers from last season seems a bit over the line.

2. Juliana says:

22: Hopefully never!
    ;)

• Lizzie says:

LMAO! I didn’t even realize that with Nolan Funk. Never say never, Darren Criss has this possible evil genius look. Felicity went through the Warblers faster than anyone on Glee.

• Juliana says:

I think she’ll have her hands full in the 3rd season with Oliver, Barry, Ray Palmer and MIT ex, there’s no need to get her another hot guy! Enough is enough, Felicity! LOL

3. Drea says:

13 — I know I did!

4. Daisy says:

20. I assumed it was because it’s better to apologize after than ask for permission. They probably would’ve said no.

5. L says:

I am totally confused by the Pretty Little Liars timeline.. someone needs to put something on the web to track it and see if any of it even makes sense.

• Emily says:

So I can’t keep all of it straight but the Pretty little liars quote was wrong. Season 3 and season 4 both had Halloween specials that were set in present time. So that means it’s been at least a year between seasons. Not sure exactly when season 4A was set. Between the last Halloween special, season 4B, and season 5A have all taken place between Halloween and Thanksgiving. That’s still about 22 episodes.

6. King says:

Why would they make Justin Theorux wear an underwear? It doesn’t make sense at all.

7. wordsmith says:

1) I imagine that, somewhere in the back of Clara’s mind, was the notion of 11/Matt Smith as the “real” doctor. She interacted with the other incarnations, but they weren’t “her” doctor in the same way as 11 was. You wouldn’t call her a companion to them. But now, she is very much companion to 12/Peter Capaldi, hence the doubt and tension.
    As for Missy, I don’t think we’ve seen enough of her yet to decide how much she is or isn’t like River. She certainly seems to have an extra helping of crazy on her plate, though.

• Your explanation fits as far as it goes. I think it just bugs me that her alienation seemed played with no call back to his Time Stream and the other regens at all. I’d like to se what effect all that had on Clara, because it wasn’t a minor thing.

• Frankie707 says:

I really thought it was due to the fact that he really hadn’t found himself as The Doctor yet. He was still very confused for most of the episode and not sure who of how he was going to turn out. It appears she’s always encountered The Doctor when he was very much The Doctor. Then once she could look into his eyes and see that he really was in there, that #12 (or is he 13? :P) had finally figured out he was The Doctor and just who that was.

Makes sense in my head, but not sure how much sense this makes when written down. :D

• Elisabeth says:

I think you are right. It would take some time adjusting to get used to a new face and personality, when you really only remember one doctor. And I don’t think Missy is anything like River. River had a totally different vibe about her. Missy just feels kind of crazy, in a Master sort of way.
      And I don’t think the word wife to describe River needs quotation marks around it. She was married to him, she was his wife. No quotation marks!

8. wordsmith says:

7) When given the choice between “car” and “gun”, some people really will just automatically choose “gun.” It makes no sense, but there you have it. People are dumb. And people in THE STRAIN are dumber.

9. wordsmith says:

20) Didn’t Paul and Charlie establish up front that there wasn’t enough probable cause to authorize an official operation? Or maybe something about word getting back to the cartel moles if the op was on the books?

10. M. says:

4) Witches of East End:
    I don’t know why, but I really don’t like this season as much as the first one. Not only is Frederick absolutely unlikeable, no pairing Ingrid & Dash is kind of the worst idea ever. I know Dash & Freya are over, but starting something with your sisters ex-fiance isn’t this kind of strange?! I just really don’t like the pairing. Ingrid deserves someone new, someone nice.
    I just hope that the show gets rid of Freddie & finds back to its charming ways in season 3.

18) Rizzoli & Isles
    The POI was in a mental-health-centre, so I didn’t wonder about his attire at all ;) And Jane was just her professional self.

• Summer says:

I checked out of Witches of East End after the first four episodes of this season. It’s just not doing it for me.

• Katherine215 says:

For the most part, I’ve enjoyed WEE and I don’t mind Frederick, but I completely agree that Dash and Ingrid is awful. For the supposedly “smart” sister, Ingrid does a lot of dumb things. I wish they’d give her a better storyline than being the Mandragora’s host and Dash’s blind sidekick. I also wish Freya actually had a storyline this season. This is not to say I don’t enjoy more of Wendy and Joanna, but the Freya/Killian story is moving at a snail’s pace.

• M. says:

Wendy is the highlight of every episode. If she wouldn’t make me laugh at least once per episode I would dislike this season even more.

And you’re right: Both Ingrid & Freya would have deserved better storylines. I’m a huge Ingrid-fan & she seems like a totally different person this season :(

11. GTS says:

Did anyone catches the not-so-funny rape joke on Welcome to Sweden?

12. sarah j says:

12)April is so angry with the FBI and Daniel and so I think she warned Paul out of spite! Do I think that is childish…yes but she is hurt. I think if Daniel would have come clean with her then she would have been way more cooperative! I think Karen’s new found faith will be a huge storyline for her if we get a season 3.
    16)I did not even catch that, are we sure it is a month and not a year and a month?
    20) They had not time to coordinate with the bank.

• alistaircrane says:

Absolutely sure. Season 3 was the beginning of senior year for the Liars. Two and a half seasons later, and it’s only Thanksgiving of the same year!!!

13. NikkiQM says:

6) I thought I was the only one who noticed Justin’s lack of support lol Just glad my hubby didn’t catch on and ain’t nothing wrong with it. Also bubbly Jill freaked me out, is it sad I prefer her dark and brooding?!? It was too much on the other end of the spectrum for me.

14. Et al says:

6) no no no no no no no no no no

15. Kate says:

1. Yes, that was my major thought about Clara too. No, Missy was nothing like River…how dare you!!!

4. That is a good question about Killian, especially considering how new he is at this being a warlock thing that he barely is at the telekinetic level that Dash was at on the first night. Yes, Dash and Ingrid have lots more chemistry than Dash and Freya and Dash just needs to stop trying to take care of things. Heck, half the things he does, if he shared his intentions with Ingrid, well, she’s not the entire goody-goody she appears, she’s rather pragmatic, she probably would be fine with most of them.

7. Yes, I think I was yelling at the screen.

11. Well, see, I just can’t let go of the idea that the one Beacon Hills bad guy who should really be your go to, its his fault is Gerard (it really all is, he didn’t have to kill Ennis’ beta that way which seems to be the thing that started everything) but, I keep watching that scene from this week and wondered how much is Lydia going to regret that they let Peter go. He’s not really responsible for the Benefactor stuff, but we all know he’s been up to something since at least the 3A finale.

16. Tom says:

How ahout “What’s it going to take for a show other than the Office clone Modern Family to win the Comedy series Emmy?”

17. Lucy says:

#8: You’re not the boss of me.

18. chris says:

PLL timeline is a mess but they probably don’t want the girls to graduate from high school right away. At least it should have been closer to Christmas. Would have been more believeable.

19. Thomas says:

“Should the Leftovers wardrobe department think about incorporating a pair of underwear into Justin Theroux’s running attire next time?”

Most certainly not.

20. DarkDefender says:

1) I think Clara’s issues are to set up a logical reason to not renew a contract after the Chrsitmas special with Jenna Coleman if the chemistry doesn’t work out. It will be easier to bring in a new companion that way.
    — Also,I think Missy is the Master.. (And they are in hell or purgatory, not heaven) she is not an actual girlfriend of the Doctor.
    18) R & I problem is same reason Beckett and Castle are always in overcoats year round… They are trying so hard to sell LA as the East coast, they forget to adjust when the script calls for it.
    19) things like that, take you out of the story.. Just like that Castle debacle in Time Will Tell.

21. AT says:

#1: I think it’s just a continuation of changing Clara’s character from episode to episode to support the story’s needs. I don’t see that trend ending anytime soon. And as for “Missy,” yes no doubt she’s way too much like River Song even though she’ll probably turn out to be the Master.

22. Mare says:

1: I think it was precisely because she HAD seen all of his other incarnations that it threw her off. She hadn’t seen this one. So it not only wasn’t “her” Doctor, it wasn’t any other Doctor she had had experience with. Plus, she’s never been there during a Regeneration. Every Companion has a hard time with their Doctor changing into another right in front of their eyes! Even the ones like the Brigadier who has worked with so many of the Doctors!

23. Patrick Maloney says:

2. Total PR machine generated moment and it’s actually disgusting since a lot of people considered her whole performance feminist and empowering. . . Only to have the man that has pretty much run a lot of her career to pop up at the end to steal spotlight but only she allows him to steal it.

24. LaPiquante says:

Isn’t Ariana Grande a musical theatre kid? Couldn’t the stockings just be a habit from her theatre experience?

25. Ram510 says:

2) The whole united front was all PR, I’m not buying it at all.
    And did anyone catch how Jay-Z kissed her and she wiped the kiss off?

26. Emmy says:

1) while she has seen all the regenerations, she had only ever really known eleven. It’s one thing to see, but when she has gotten to know this one person and gotten attached to him I would imagine it would be much harder to just shrug off.

27. Babybop says:

Number 6 made me laugh so hard.

28. Nsp1976 says:

6. Justin T needs no undergarments. I did think Jill’s former bubbly self was over-the-top.