2 Broke Girls Casts Kim Kardashian as Max and Caroline's Cupcake Savior

-Keeping-up-with-the-Kardashians-Season-6-Promotional-Photoshoot-kim-kardashian-22538558-1500-2002

How Broke can you be with a social-media titan in your corner?

That’ll be the question facing 2 Broke Girls‘ protagonists Max (Kat Dennings) and Caroline (Beth Behrs) when Kim Kardashian shows up in the CBS comedy’s Season 4 premiere as herself — and shines her spotlight on their fledgling cupcake business.

RELATED Dallas‘ Jesse Metcalfe Corrals Booty-ful 2 Broke Girls Guest Stint

“They need a big bump, and providence sort of smiles on them when they find out that Keeping Up With the Kardashians is doing a segment in Williamsburg, and that they may make an appearance at their shop,” executive producer Michael Patrick King tells TVLine. “The girls know what that kind of exposure would mean to them. And it turns out there is a bit of a cherry on the ice cream, or the cupcake, because Kim does appear at their window.”

Don’t expect, however, that the presence of Kanye West’s bride will transform the Monday-night series into 2 Upper Middle-Class Girls. “Because it’s a comedy, and because they are broke, it’s not a complete silver lining,” King adds. “But it is an incredibly sparkly star at the end.”

The showrunner shares that Kardashian has already shot her season premiere scenes — and proved to be a great sport.

RELATED Big Bang Theory Wedding Scoop: Find Out Why Penny and Leonard Probably Won’t Tie the Knot This Season

“There are the typical 2 Broke Girls jokes all about [the Kardashians] in the episode,” King previews. “So, it’s fun to see someone have a great sense of humor about herself. She read the script, she thought it was funny and she came. We could’ve [shot] the exact same [episode] without her — but she was the cherry on top.”

Given the show’s “struggling twentysomethings” premise, the EP added, “it makes sense for us to do an episode about what 22 million Tweets would mean to a business.”

2 Broke Girls returns on Monday, Oct. 27 at 8/7c.

Excited about Kardashian’s casting? Do you think she’ll fit into the Broke Girls‘ universe? Sound off below!

1. Thilia says:

Welp. I guess I won’t be watching this show anymore.

• Ronny says:

So you are not gonna watch this show anymore because Kim K appears in ONE episode? Hahahahahaha. 2BG must really be important to you.

• Thilia says:

The show has been going downhill for a year. This is a shark jumping moment. But hey, whatever makes you feel better Ronny. I know you love stalking me on the website, but it’s getting a little creepy now.

2. Whatevah says:

Lame!

3. Stephanie says:

Nope

4. Mary says:

I am only an occasional watcher of this show, but I will tell you one thing, won’t be watching this episode. It boggles my mind how this family has a following. It really is scary what this says about our society today.

5. Mary says:

I am only an occasional watcher of the show but will not be around for this episode. It boggles my mind how this family has a following, really says a lot about today’s society.

6. Tran says:

Don’t know if Kim Kardashian’s guest stint on 2 Broke Girls is going to be even worse than Lindsay Lohan’s guest stint last season but I’m looking forward to Season Four beginning October 27th even though the Kat Dennings-Beth Behrs led sitcom is now facing some tough competition in the 8 p.m. Monday night time slot against The Voice, DWTS, Gotham and The Originals.

7. Boiler says:

Like this show but Kim Kardashian??? No

8. Martha Stewart seemed a more natural fit in her appearance. But like Martha’s stint, this too is just the one episode, and hopefully not terribly contrived. The show also needs to open strong for its fourth season, and — like Kim and her family or not — this will turn some heads.

9. That sounds like so much fun! Love the show and it’s pretty cool that Kim’s got a sense of humour about herself and is happy to let them make jokes about her. Even if she might not be the best actress, she’s playing herself. I’m sure it’ll be a fun ep :)

10. CDM says:

Well, I think this is a “jump the shark” moment. Lindsay Lohan was bad enough, but Kim Kardashian? This may signal to me that this show has now gone down he tubes. The first season was awesome, but each successive season it has gone downhill.

11. 1idpete says:

A real savior for the girls would be a new writing staff.

12. dcl33 says:

Is this for boosting their ratings? ( I have no idea what they are) LOL for some reason I have a feeling that its gonna be just the opposite.

13. amadeline says:

I would really like to know while the media follows the Ks. Please boycott any mention of them. I couldn’t care less what they’re doing and it boggles my mind that entertainment media continues to give them credibility. I feel sorry for you Michael Slezak that you were probably forced to mention that one of them is appearing on this show.

14. BamaEd says:

Really? Yikes! Aww :-(

15. curtlyon19 says:

I see most are saying the same, this episode will be missed at my house and this is not a positive step
    and, yeah, it needs something else to keep this show fresh, it’s getting a bit stale

16. steven says:

Is she going to help them make a sex tape to make them rich?

17. ange says:

that’s at least one episode I will not watch

18. J says:

Good god NO!!!!!!!!!!! First it was Royal Pains with Khole and now Kim on TBG…DANG all my shows are getting invested with Krapdashian bedbugs…NO NO NO

19. herman1959 says:

OMG (and I don’t mean it in a good way)!

20. Pat says:

Oh my gosh, this one show I will not watch when it premiers. So the producers could not get someone else who is credible to guest star for this one show????? I really like Two Broke Girls but I do not like Kim Kardashian and for them to lower themselves for having her on the show is just awful.

21. Kim D says:

Guess I’m done with this show

22. Mikael says:

I actually don’t mind Kim playing herself on the show. They make fun of her ALOT so it’s nice that she can be a good sport about it. I think Lindsay Lohan’s guest spot was awful and her acting was embarrassing to watch.

23. abz says:

Can the world get rid of this trash and her trashy family once and for all? I can think of a million ways the money they will pay her for this guest stint could be better used.

24. ava van gaard says:

Love the show. Detest KK

25. crystal walker says:

My husband and I LOVE 2 BROKE GIRLS just they they are, so it was strange to read that the show was struggling. We laugh so hard at “Max’s” sarcasm. I also keep up with the Kardashians but I know the girls will be ok with or without Kim.