Big Brother Recap: Nice Guys Finish Last

Big Brother 16 Nicole Evicted

Eviction nights on Big Brother are always an unpleasant affair.

But on Thursday’s live broadcast, the atmosphere was especially gloomy, as two of Season 16’s most likable contestants were at risk for eviction.

Read on to find out who was sent packing from the BB house, and which two houseguests are now in power:

RELATED  Hawaii Five-0 Boss Teases Episode 100, Clears the Air on Steve’s New Romance

THE WEEK SO FAR | Frankie suffered most of the backlash from last week’s double eviction — so much so, that when he was nominated against Caleb for eviction, the self-proclaimed Beast Mode Cowboy refused to help Frankie in the Battle of the Block competition. (Drama!) But Frankie pulled off a solo win anyway — intrigue! — leaving only Donny and Zach on the block. And, after Zach nabbed the Golden Power of Veto and saved himself from elimination, a complicated game of Telephone among The Detonators resulted in a plan to backdoor Nicole. (Something that HOH Christine specifically promised Nicole she wouldn’t pull this week. And yes, this might just be how Big Brother works, but I still have a few choice expletives for Christine that aren’t TVLine-appropriate.)

THE STRATEGY | In an effort to get the voting houseguests back on her side, Nicole tells each of The Detonators (and Victoria) that eliminating her is not a smart decision. (Direct quote: “That’s a stupid move!“) It’d be much wiser to eliminate Donny, she says, who will come after Derrick, Cody, et al. if he remains in the game. And while Derrick isn’t thrilled to hear that his allies are considering ousting Donny over Nicole, he still seems to give the idea some thought. (Or, more accurately, this video package is edited to make it look like Derrick gives it some thought.)

Elsewhere, Christine, Caleb and Frankie are treated on a trip to the Dallas Cowboys’ training camp, after proving victorious in the NFL-themed Battle of the Block competition. (And as a nice plug for CBS’ Thursday Night Football fall lineup.) But if you had to leave the room for this part, don’t worry: You only missed Caleb geeking out over his Texas roots, Christine gaping at the football players’ height and Frankie saying he “loves country folk” in an “Oh, aren’t they cute?” sort of way.

RELATED  Criminal Minds Nabs Alicia Coppola for Suspicious Season 10 Guest Role

THE VOTES | Alas, Nicole’s efforts to rally the troops are fruitless. She’s evicted, 6-0, but is met with raucous cheers from the studio audience and gives some of the best post-eviction sound bites yet. On Frankie’s relation to Ariana Grande: “It makes sense, he’s good at everything. Acting… and… whatever else.” On whether she plans to keep in touch with any of her fellow HGs: “Um… I like Donny!” On Christine’s unexpected backdoor plan: “I don’t think very highly of her as a person.” Say what you will about Nicole, but you can’t say she isn’t genuine.

THE WALKING DEAD | In this week’s HoH competition — the last one that will result in co-Heads of Household this season — houseguests must correctly answer questions related to the “zombie apocalypse” news bulletins that were broadcast throughout the house during the previous night. The competition is pretty much a lock for The Detonators, when Derrick, Cody, Frankie and Zach are the only ones left standing after just a few questions — but it’s Derrick and Frankie who reign supreme. (How many photos of Ariana Grande do we think Frankie will receive this week?)

Were you as bummed as I was to see Nicole leave the Big Brother house? Who would you like to see head to the jury house next? Can the contestants stop gasping whenever an evicted HG’s photo turns black and white? (It happens every week, guys!) Hit the comments!

1. Mike R. says:

Nicole :'(

Can nothing go right this season. Knowing who won HOH I can only hope Zach goes instead of Donny, but not getting my hopes up. I can only hope Nicole returns next week and finally gets out some of these guys.

2. sara says:

Worst BB episode ever. Loathe Frankie, 10 minutes of idiotic screaming, the waste of space that is Rachel, and oh yea, the producers favorites Frankie and Derrick are HOH. So Donnie is likely next to go. Uggggh.

• Mike R. says:

Just wait, I’m sure Frankie/Derrick will have no problem throwing the BOB this week to ensure Donny stays on the block, since BB seems to be working against the underdogs this season, and making sure Frankie stays in the game. So sick of him and all of the guys.

3. April says:

I love Derrick! He’s been my pick to win this season from the start. He’s been playing smart and, as nice as Nicole is, it was a good game move (for Derrick) to get rid of her. It was the only thing that he could do to clean up the mess that Zach’s big mouth created for him. The thing I don’t understand is why they’re still keeping the Detonators a secret. All five of them are in the house, two of them are in power. They have the numbers.

4. Tasha says:

Isn’t next week when the eliminated houseguest competition happens -I think it happened when there were 4 jury members. It will be interesting if this person disrupts Derricks plans because he is a lock to win if the other houseguests don’t band together against him.

5. Eric says:

As sad as it was to see Nicole go, it kind of made me a little happy. ONLY because I’m hoping we can pull it together and vote her back into the game. If Nicole does go back into the game and plays it right, she could actually do some serious damage, which would be so exciting! It would make this very lackluster season into a semi-decent one. If Nicole can’t pull it off and actually win this game, I’m rooting for Derrick. For the simple fact that is no doubt running things in that house and it doesn’t seem like people are even remotely onto him. I’m just beyond sick of Frankie, Zach, and Caleb. Such ridiculous excuses for players.

6. CK says:

Honestly at this point, I no longer feel sorry for any contestant that gets sent home by Derrick and Co because everyone is just so blind to Derrick’s ways. After Amber and Hayden, Nicole should have called Derrick/Cody out and rallied the house against them. Hopefully, the returned contestant is someone willing to expose Derrick’s games.

• Tim says:

If Nicole wins her way back into the game, she still wouldn’t put up Derrick and Cody, she’s just not wise or brave enough.

7. tweenuf says:

I could care less if Nicole went home or not, most of these so called players are fake and pretending to be something that they are not (nice people). Don’t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. Catty jealous females make bad players. Christink, Vicblob and Frankenstein or the worst females in the house.

• Tina Lowery says:

So basically what I hear you saying is its okay for the males to be backstabbing, jealous, hormonal playing pieces of sh*t, but if its a female that shows some backbone and voices her opinion and tries to shake up the house then they are annoying and catty? Hmmmm. Sounds like a shovanistic pig comment to me!

8. Jude says:

Nicole was an annoying contestant, not only because of her voice but mostly because of her stupidity (Hansel and Gretel? What’s that?). It will be wonderful to never hear her grating voice again. Three spam comments to wade through below, one of which asks if you have a spam problem.

9. Bob Smith says:

All the houseguests (except for Donny) think Franky is “America’s Choice,” which according to every thing I’ve seen, he ain’t! Like past houseguests, I have a feeling the majority of the ones left will be in for a shock to see what America thinks of them. Personally, I never thought Nicole could win it just because she doesn’t have the kind of heart to scheme and manipulate. For the same reason, Donny isn’t going to win it (although I wish Donny or Nicole COULD). The only one left in the house that has been playing the game (successfully) since day one is Derrick. Hope he wins.

10. Bob Smith says:

…And why was Rachel there? Cannot stand her!!!

11. xwiseguyx says:

I’m kinda sick of the Frankie hatred. He hasn’t played a bad game.. he’s just another of the typical BB only Cast flamboyant Gay Stereotypes on the show… although it was fun to see him attempt to be butch at the football camp.

• Zayne says:

I’ve gone back and forth on Frankie. Right now, I’m generally irritated by him. Thinking he’s hot sh*t because his sister is famous. Calling himself a “mogul”. The playing for charity thing. He just has a much higher opinion of himself than he has a right to be. The “country folk” comment was idiotic. Hold on, I have to go check on my horse parked outside my office building in downtown Dallas.

This week on the show is going to be boring. I’m ready for next week when the returned HG has a chance to shake things up and The Detonators have to stop cannibalizing themselves.

• Bob Smith says:

He is no worse than some of the other houseguests, with the sole exception that he thinks he is the best thing since gay sliced bread. He is being kept on the show for the sole purpose of entertainment by the producers. He won’t last until the final two. And he certainly won’t be America’s favorite.

12. Karen MT says:

When they started bringing up zombies, all I could think of was the BBC’s version of the Big Brother zombie apocalypse: Dead Set.

13. Sheri says:

Maybe everyone should let Christine win because she is in need of a nose job real bad!!! She should win an award for being the ugliest Big Brother Contestant ever!!

14. Encorе un poste folleent passionnant