Emmys

Emmys 2014: What Should Win Best Miniseries? Take Our Poll!

emmys-miniseries

Brace yourselves for Emmys 2014: Return of the Miniseries!

Indeed, after putting the “Oustanding Miniseries” category on ice from 2011-2013 — in favor of a broader “Outstanding Miniseries or Movie” division —  the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences has decided to once again differentiate between multi-night events and one-night-only affairs.

Perhaps that’ll be good news for FX’s American Horror Story anthology — a bridesmaid for its “Murder House” and “Asylum” installments the last two years — and in the hunt with its “Coven”-themed season this time around.

RELATED Emmy Poll 2014: What Should Win Best Reality-Competition Series?

Another veteran of the “Miniseries or Movie” wars, BBC America’s Luther, will also attempt to earn its first statuette in 2014.

Rounding out the field are FX’s buzzy Fargo, the final run of HBO’s Treme, A&E’s Bonnie & Clyde and Starz’s The White Queen.

RELATED Emmy Poll 2014: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy?

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine programs when the Emmys are handed out on Aug. 25? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Tomorrow through Friday, we’ll launch another daily “Who Should Win” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honor!

1. Joey says:

Normally I’d pick AHS, but it was such a hot mess last year. It can pick up as many acting awards as it wants, but the show itself just wasn’t as good. *flings Emmy statuette at Fargo*

2. MattArmando says:

COVEN was just…not that good. So going with FARGO. It’d nice to see TREME win for its final “miniseries”.
    SHOULD WIN: Treme
    WILL WIN: Fargo

3. CJ says:

I haven’t seen Fargo, though I have heard nothing but good things about it so I will not be surprised to see it win. I love American Horror Story, but this season was not that great :-/ My personal choice to win would be Luther, but I wouldn’t be unhappy if Fargo won.

4. Ron says:

I haven’t seen The White Queen or Bonnie & Clyde so I can’t comment on those. But my vote goes to Fargo. AHS definitely doesn’t deserve the win for Coven. Coven was all over the place. I absolutely love Luther; it’s honestly one of my favorite shows. But I can’t say the final season was as good as the others. That’s not to say it was bad; it was far from bad. I just don’t think it quite measured up to the other two. In my opinion, Treme is one of the most underrated shows in recent memory. I wouldn’t mind seeing it win, and it’s my pick behind Fargo. Unfortunately for Treme, pretty much no one knows about it (just look at the current poll numbers here–if people knew about/watched Treme, it would be quite higher on the list). For Treme, I believe the honor will simply be in the nomination. Fargo just made too much of a splash this past season.

5. JR says:

None of the above.

6. dreamlife613 says:

Poor Treme. I’m happy it finally got nominated for something. Loved the final season, too.

7. Christian says:

Did the 27.56% who voted for Coven actually watch the show? o.O

8. Joey Padron says:

Fargo.

9. Jimmy says:

Of this list, I would say Fargo is the most deserving of a win. I thought Coven was the weakest of the AHS series so far story-wise.

10. Betsy says:

Anyone who doesn’t vote for Luther hasn’t watched Luther.

• Fargo’s just too good. Luther should’ve won or at least tied with Sherlock in 2012 but for some dumb reason Game Change won. Idunno why but these less mainstream British series’ don’t get the respect they deserve from Emmy voters.

11. Marco says:

How can people actually vote fo Coven and mean it? Not to mention, why is Coven nominated AT ALL? It sucked from start to finish! The only nominations it should get should be the ones for a TV version of the Razzies.

12. Luther had such an amazing final season and the 3rd episode was likely submitted which would’ve won this category most years but Fargo was perfection, cast was great top to bottom, writing was great, action was great, cinematography was great, soundtrack was great etc. Fargo wins this easily

13. Miranda says:

Of course Fargo is going to win but Treme has been such a singularly special series for four seasons.
    No one makes TV like David Simon.

14. Kristina Palacios says:

I really liked Fargo…but I loved loved loved Luther! Bravo for bringing back Alice Morgan. So now what?

15. lololee24 says:

I preferred Luther, and unlike many I LOVED The American Horror story-he coven. Both were Great shows. I believe Tatiyan Msylana from the Orphan Black should have been nominate but its a scify show on BBC America, so the committee wasn’t it going to nominate her for those reasons alone, despite the fact that critics and fans love the show. To have critics championing for your show to win isnt something normally seen.

16. Viviane says:

I would vote for Turn.

17. Joe says:

Fargo should win best mini-serie. It had the best ensemble cast of the year. That’s the only one I’ve seen at the mini-series. I would’ve like to have a seen the one on Ian Fleming but that wasn’t nominated.

18. Britta Unfiltered says:

Fargo was absolutely amazing. I had low expectations for it until I actually watched it, and it just blew me away. I am really in shock they were able to take that movie and so successfully turn it into a mini-series. It probably helped they had a whole new plot. :) And a fantastic cast.

19. kimy1x says:

American Horror Story: all of them have been brilient. A real treat something different everytime but still always so dark and weird and moving. the careters realy suck you in and the music peaced with it is just right. Thank you for giving use somthing different and worth wile to watch, dont top making it. ,