Comic-Con

Once Upon a Time Stars Preview 'Passion,' a 'Complicated' Triangle, Hook's New Look, Cool Frozen Twists

Things will be hot, lukewarm and decidedly cold when ABC’s Once Upon a Time uncorks Season 4 on Sunday, Sept. 28.

RELATED Once Upon a Time Casts Fringe Alum as Frozen‘s Queen Elsa

Chatting with Michael Ausiello in TVLine’s San Diego Comic-Con video suite, Jennifer Morrison, Lana Parrilla, Josh Dallas, Colin O’Donoghue and Jared Gilmore fielded a flurry of burning questions, including whether an Evil rivalry has been reborn, now that Emma has lugged Robin Hood’s “dead” wife Marian to Storybrooke.

Emma, for her part, feels “guilty” about derailing Regina’s nascent romance, Morrison says, while the general consensus about Robin’s dilemma is: “This poor guy!” (Apparently Sean Maguire has been pulling for a Big Love sort of scenario. As if Regina shares.)

Morrison and O’Donoghue then share the forecast for Emma and Hook (as well as the pirate’s imminent “makeover”), Dallas promises fresh drama ahead for the Charmings, and we ask Gilmore if Henry perhaps saw Frozen while living in NYC — seeing as Elsa, Anna and others from the animated blockbuster are blowing into town (…if they haven’t been living there already).

RELATED Once Upon a Time Mystery: Who Is Elizabeth Mitchell Playing…?

Press play above for the scoop on all that and more — including Jared’s reaction to who Elizabeth Mitchell is playing!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Comic-Con, Fall TV Preview, Interviews, Video

1. Ana says:

There will be passion? Dear Michael, please tell me Jennifer and Colin elaborated on that!! :)

2. spindae2 says:

Loved the Interview! Great job Michael!
    Love how natural they all seem. The moment with interpreting Robin was hilarious.
    Looking forward to the Frozen chapter of the story.

3. Mary says:

And after what I’ve seen here and from the panel, here’s to its final season.

• abz says:

I see someone is still bitter over Hook’s continued presence on the show. lol

• Joey says:

I think it’s more the complete and utter destruction of Hook’s character. Such a pity since Colin is a decent actor.

• abz says:

Well I don’t see the “complete and utter destruction of Hook’s character”, so once again we should just agree to disagree.

• Leny1 says:

ITS NOT, i didnt know finding love and hope was a destruction lol

• Leny1 says:

that was adressed to joey and mary who seem to spouting crap all that time lol

• Joey says:

There’s nothing wrong with changing a character’s characterization, however this was too abrupt. It didn’t feel believable in the slightest bit.

• Moment says:

Final season? what? It’ll easily get a Season 5.

• franz says:

MARY MARY MARY I don’t have to look at the name to know it’s you again. FYI ABC said OUAT will continue for many more years to come. Sorry bye.

• Moment says:

I can see it getting 6-7 seasons personally. The live numbers are decent, the DVR numbers are strong, when it drops it always rebounds, all positives.

4. Kyle says:

Thanks for that, great interview. I want to know who Elizabeth Mitchell is playing too, but I have a theory/suspicion. And I hope Robin Hood will not be torn between two women for long. With all due respect to Maid Marian, it’s obvious Robin Hood and Regina belong together. I don’t understand why the show needed to throw a love triangle at those two. Not a huge fan of that, but maybe it’ll play out well in the episodes.

5. Tran says:

I always dreamed of Jennifer Morrison. Was Ginnifer Goodwin a no show at Comic-Con this year?

6. abz says:

Fun interview. I really like how well the cast seems to get along together. Lana just gets more beautiful by the day. Can’t wait to find out who Elizabeth Mitchell is playing. Loved her on LOST,

7. Oh, God…i hope they don’t change Hook’s appearance too much. I LOVE the fake leather and eye liner look, lol :)

8. animegirl31 says:

They are adorable! I still need to watch the back 9 of the series because I totes didn’t-

9. Mel says:

Yay new clothes for Hook!

10. Ray says:

No, Josh…those characters from Frozen aren’t rich or adding so much to the series. This is blatant pandering and trying to piggy back off the success of an muched hyped animated feature

• abz says:

Really, so what if it is? If it’s written properly and executed well and they actually put an interesting twist on it, I don’t see a problem with it. How about waiting to pass judgement after the Frozen arc has actually aired?

• Katie says:

You’re not taking into account whatever the writers if the show may have added to the frozen characters for their arc. He never said the animated characters themselves were rich.

11. tee says:

Nobody asked if Jaime Chung will be back on Season 4 to finish her storyline with Aurora?

12. Leny1 says:

PASSION thats all i will say :D

13. Margi says:

Don’t mind Mary…she’s the resident wet blanket on the Once IMDB board, where she has a tendency to make threads declaring “Once is over” “Once is dead” ect ect….now it seems she feels the need to spread her venom and negativity on every article on Once she can find now. Frankly, in my opinion, if someone’s grown to hate a show so much, they should just stop watching and let the people who DO still enjoy it in peace. Do I agree with every plot/character change they’ve done? Not at all…but I don’t produce or write for the show, so it’s not my call. I still enjoy the show and I’ll keep watching.

14. Hm… well, the fairy tale characters do exist in fairy tale stories independent of Henry’s book. Presumably including both the Grimm and Disney iterations. There really should be no reason for Frozen not to exist within this world given that it’s inspired by the Snow Queen. Very interesting question.

15. Luke says:

This cast is so cute together!
    They all seem so happy!

16. anon disnexpert says:

I just want to know when OUAT is going to do their take on “Gummy Bears”, “Goof Troop”, “Darkwing Duck”, “Ducktales”, “TaleSpin”, and “Rescue Rangers”.