Comic-Con

The Originals @ Comic-Con: Season 2 Trailer, Plus Cast Promise 'Twisted Fairytale,' Vengeful Klaus and Hayley

“Which of our parents do we kill first?”

That’s the question posed by Klaus in The Originals‘ Season 2 teaser trailer unveiled at the show’s Comic-Con panel on Friday.

RELATED The Originals Season 2: EPs Talk Klaus’ Crisis, Haylijah’s ‘Friction’ and More

Also spotted in the sneak peek, featuring footage from the first three episodes of the new season: Rebekah telling Hope a twisted a bedtime story, which doubles as a Season 1 recap; Hayley going on the warpath; Klaus and Mikael having a bloody fight; a newcomer eyeing Davina and much more.

“We talked a lot about the sins of the past coming back to haunt us in the present,” executive producer Michael Narducci previewed, adding that EP Julie Plec wanted the upcoming season to have a dark, warped fairytale element. “Our heroes are dealing with the return of their monstrous parents and what it means to them.”

RELATED Nathaniel Buzolic Returning to The Originals In Season 2: Find Out How!

Meanwhile, Klaus goes to “a dark place” and has “locked himself away in the compound” after losing his daughter, star Joseph Morgan shared. “He’s like a caged animal waiting to make his move to seek revenge… He’s failing to control his emotions.”

As for baby Hope, Season 2 will explore what she “means to the supernatural world and what curse is going to be put upon her” as the miraculous hybrid baby .

RELATED The Originals Stars Tease Esther’s Revenge, ‘Uneasy’ New Alliances and More in Season 2

Other highlights from the panel:

WEREVAMP SKILLS | Newbie hybrid Hayley “really looks to Klaus for guidance,” star Phoebe Tonkin teased. But don’t fret, “it’s not really romantic.” Rather, he’ll mentor her through dealing with vampire hearing and smell. Meanwhile, Hayley will be looking to find where she fits in. “Watching her find her own sense of strength and power is going to be a beautiful journey,” Plec added.

WICKED WITCH | Davina is “playing by her own rules now,” Danielle Campbell described. “She’s not being tossed around. She’s dishing it out.” And maybe getting some? Daniel Sherman joins the show as the naughty, mysterious Caleb, who gets flirty with the young witch. “Davina meets Caleb and she’s a bit smitten,” but not ready to start trusting others, the actress said.

THE FORMER KING | While “there’s definitely some romance carried over from Season 1” for Marcel, he “has his hands full trying rebuild his vampire community which has been whittled down to him and Josh,” Charles Michael Davis previewed. Speaking of Marcel’s fan-favorite sidekick, “there’s definitely a chance for love for Josh,” Narducci teased.

HAIL HAYLIJAH | “It’s exciting to me still, especially now that there’s this necessary restraint,” Daniel Gillies said of the unrequited lovers Elijah and Hayley. “I want to see them continue. I want to see what emerges and blossoms from there.”

FINDING HER PLACE | Cami’s journey in Season 2 is about trying to figure out where she fits into the New Orleans power hierarchy. “I really want to see her be the person she always has been,” Leah Pipes shared. “I’m excited to see her be more comfortable in her environment or just more aware of her environment.”

JUMPING BETWEEN SHOWS | Crossovers between the series and The Vampire Diaries are dependent on creative considerations and logistics, which don’t always work out. But there is “a great pitch on the table right now,” Plec revealed. So will there will be more Klaus/Caroline action? “In order for Caroline to enter the New Orleans universe and engage with Klaus at any level, it’s got to be an organic fit, and that could take some time,” Plec replied. But sadly, there’s no place right now for Caroline in Klaus’ world given what’s going on.

Check out the trailer above, then share your thoughts on Season 2.

1. Daniel says:

Klaroline!!!!

• Ally Oop says:

No thank you. Keep Caroline on VD and have her finally get together with Stephen.

• Chica says:

No offense, but you misspelled the name of the guy you want Caroline with. It’s okay. Most pre teens are the ones who think Steroline is where it is at. It ranks right up there with Hayley. If only there were enough of you with allowances larger than $20 a week.

• Dmav says:

No, no, no. I honestly don’t see that happening there was major push back from the audience at Comic Con when someone mentioned Caroline and Stefan.

2. Stacy says:

I’m excited for more Klaus and Hayley scenes.

3. chaouad says:

yessss rebekah !!!!!!!!!!!!

4. FatherOctavian says:

Well, they led with Clare Holt, so clearly the CW marketing people aren’t stupid.

• chaouad says:

exactly she’s a fan favourite and the fact that she’s taking care of baby Klaus means that we probably are going to see her soon.

5. Steven says:

I really miss Daniel on Teen Wolf. They barely even explained where he went.

• EJ386 says:

I was thinking who was that.. now I know. Weird indeed first I thought they will address it when Argent comes back, but he is back and nobody said anything.

6. Carine says:

Omg I can’t even breath right now, this just looks so good! So excited!!!!!

7. Rook says:

Please bring back Kol! His character has so much unused potential.

8. Ally Oop says:

Wow, the trailer for Season 2 looks great. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I do like the idea of Klaus and Hayley slowly getting together. However, if they do, I want no love triangle–have a character introduced that Elijah will fall for–after all, he has fallen in love more than a few times, what’s once more? I don’t want Caroline with Klaus and especially not Camille. The finale for the first season was so good I can’t wait for Season 2 to start and especially I want to see what direction Hayley goes in.

• Dmav says:

Sorry, it isn’t going to happen Klaus and Hayley grow close as family/friends/hybrids as they take down the people who threaten their child and to take back the city, but Julie Plec made it clear on the panel that that is far as it goes. No love triangle, no brothers fighting over the same girl . The crowd went nuts when that was mentioned.

• sophia says:

When was this? From JP’s interview the other day she said that Klaus/Hayley was developing slowly as a love story. So the way I’m seeing it Haylijah will end mutually and Klaus and Hayley will get together eventually. Therefore, no love triangle and no two brothers fighting over a girl.

• Abby says:

I watched the panel and I don’t remember that happening. She never said that.

• Ana says:

Well we won’t have any brothers fighting if Micheal gets rid of Elijah.

9. Kelly says:

I’m waiting to see what happens with #Haylijah. I love them.

10. Kat says:

Please do some research before you post an article -.- His name is SHARMAN, Daniel Sharman. NOT Sherman -.-

11. Ian says:

The actress playing Esther’s host is unbearably irritating.

12. TraciTV says:

Nice!!!

13. Katerina says:

If Julie Plec says a crossover needs to be “organic” in one more interview I’ll scream! OMG you’re a writer…find a synonym already Christ!
    And what about the huge Guerra (spelling?) werewolf coup that took place at the end of last season? Those supposed humans got a hold of the stones for moon light rings, turned into wolves and killed all the vamps. Not that I’m particularly interested in that storyline it just seems dropped. Idk

• Katerina says:

I stand corrected….no mention in the interview but the Guerra wolves are in the trailer! Actually looks pretty good!!

14. Skittles&Bits says:

Does this mean no “Rebel”? They were my favorite couple. Oh well. Looking forward to some more Daniel Sharman. I hope his role here is more dynamic than his role in “Teen Wolf”. I can see his Caleb and Davina sharing some great chemistry. I really hope the writers wise up and drop the recycled VD plots; no more brothers fighting over an insipid love interest please and thanks.

• Dmav says:

You should be happy then, the writers made it clear on the panel yesterday that Klaus and Hayley grow close but NOT as a couple. No love triangles on this show… The crowd went nuts when that was mentioned. You would hope the writers of the other show would takes some notes and realize you can’t come back from a triangle that includes two brothers fighting over the same girl.

15. Chica says:

This trailer actually looks good. However, without Klaroline, don’t expect too much of a ratings improvement.

• Dmav says:

The ratings did just fine and you could tell by Julie Plecs body language that ship isn’t happening anytime soon and guess what no one seem to care. I think you will be surprised how well this show will do without that pairing. Klaus doesn’t have time for love he is a killing machine and is only focused on one thing to get Hope back home.

• Hope says:

I am a huge Elijah fan. And I watched the comic con and I did not hear that I wished I did because I want them together and I don’t want Haley and Klause together. I think that would ruin the show. And watched it when Julie Plec that she likes to start her relationship with hating each other and then friends and that they are kindred spirits. I don’t know if she is just trying to give everyone hope. Its funny that I never read any articles. Elijah cares about Haley. Elijah has always been there for her, and anyone saying that they don’t have no ideal Joseph even says them being together would not be a good ideal, I am so worried about my couple. I read someone said not to trust what she says. I believe that Haley and Elijah is end game even Phoebe said this.

• tp says:

There are other people who watch TO than fans from TVD so not everyone wants to see Klaus get with a Caroline. Klaus and Caroline really don’t have much in common at the moment. He is trying to insure the safety of his child and Caroline is worrying about finals.

• Ale says:

Caroline isn’t just worried about finals. She is probably more worried that her best friend’s dead. I would assume they are trying to save them, or at least find a way to contact Bonnie and Damon. I am one of the people who would like to see a bit of Klaroline, still I don’t think it would be a good thing for either of the shows(or both characters). Klaus has bigger problems he has to deal with in New Orleans. As for Caroline, there’s still the possibility of Steroline happening soon.

16. Lore says:

That was intense and amazing

17. Jaucelyn says:

KOL KOL KOL KOL KOL KOL KOL KOL !!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG YES!

18. renee says:

omg! julie plec ripped my heart and is currently stomping on it. i am such a huge fan of klaroline, klaus even said he was going to be carolines LAST LOVE NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES! ..dude come on. if your going to tease people about romance and end it just like that, atleast do it right and not drag it out. i think julie plec made it very clear that KLAROLINE IS NOT HAPPENING!… stefan and elena should remain friends, caroline and stefan ..like i dont even want to get in that..not every friendship has to end in romance ,for real. klaus and camille …(just ….no) nuff said. hayley and elijah are too cute lets keep it that way. to be honest the way julie plec is writing out these plots it seems like hayley and klaus are going to be together..im really dreading it. im freaking scared!

• Ana says:

YESSSS like it should be. Klaley FOREVER. I don’t like Elijah he looks to old for Haley. I like Klaus and Haley and no one else.

19. bigguy3080 says:

They will eventually have Klaroline once TVD’s cancels.