The Flash Casts Arrow's Cousin     Robbie Amell In a Very Hot Role

The Flash Robbie Amell FirestormOnetime Tomorrow person Robbie Amell has quickly teleported himself into a hot new role — on The CW’s freshman superhero series The Flash.

RELATED Fall TV First Impression: The Flash

TVLine has learned that the actor (and real-life cousin of Arrow star Stephen Amell) has been cast in the recurring role of Ronnie Raymond, the fiance of S.T.A.R. Labs scientist Caitlin Snow (played by Danielle Panabaker).

Oh, and Ronnie is also one-half of the DC Comics character Firestorm — creating a tremendous bit of irony, considering Caitlin’s own (possible) destiny. In his Flash incarnation, S.T.A.R. Labs maintenance worker Ronnie plays an integral part in the particle accelerator accident that transforms Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) into the titular speedster.

“[DC Comics Chief Creative Officer] Geoff Johns, Andrew Kreisberg and myself designed the pilot and series to include Ronnie (aka Firestorm) — and to actually have someone with Robbie’s talent playing the role is beyond exciting,” EP Greg Berlanti said in a statement. “We can’t wait for viewers and fans of the character to check it out.”

RELATED Fall TV Poll: The Flash Vs. NCIS and Tuesday’s Other DVR Dilemmas

In addition to his run on the one-and-done Tomorrow People, Amell’s TV credits include Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous, Revenge, 1600 Penn and True Jackson VP.

The Flash premieres Tuesday, Oct. 7 at 8/7c; Amell makes his debut in Episode 3.

1. James says:

Awesome.

2. Lisa Brining says:

Don’t forget his work as “Fred” in the live-action Scooby Doo television movies ;-)

3. I am glad that Flash have hire Robbie Amell. I can’t wait to see if Firestorm will appear in the future episode. It will be interested who will play the second half of Firestorm alter-ego.

4. Joel says:

I don’t have any strong feelings about Robbie Amell, but I love Firestorm. Would be very cool to see him incorporated into the show.

5. Suhail says:

So I am guessing her fiance didn’t die.

• wordsmith says:

My guess is his “death” was actually him being transformed into some kind of unstable matter/energy being. It’s not exactly canonical Firestorm, but it would be a cool spin on the character that would fit with the plot of the show.

6. wrstlgirl says:

Sweet!!

7. When I read the headline I thought he had been cast to play Heat Wave, heh. Firestorm is awesome. And let’s not forget that in the comics his dad marries Felicity, lol.

8. Dmac says:

When is the CW going to quite trying to make this guy happen? I get it he was the cousin of… but he was one of the worst parts of The Tomorrow People. Luke Mitchell (John) became the fan favorite and his character was over shadowed. He is a good looking guy, but his acting, meh not so much.

9. suzyku says:

Happy to see him back but still disappointed they cancelled The Tomorrow People!

10. Michelle says:

Can the DCU handle another set of Amell abs? Tune in to the CW to find out! (Seriously though, I’m really excited about this!)

11. Playhouse says:

Felicity Smoak was also married to Ronnie Raymond’s dad in the comics at one time. A bit of meta casting, perhaps?

12. amanda says:

Was Luke mitchell busy ? Robbie was one of the worst things about in TTP.

13. Luis says:

Are you frakkin’ with me? The day after I casually drop a shout-out to Firestorm for a shot on “Arrrow,” we get this news? I’m starting my own psychic hotline!

14. Joe R says:

YES! Need to him on a weekly basis.

15. Anthony says:

I didn’t watch enough of Tomorrow People to get a good sense of Robbie’s acting, but he looks the part. With CW adding John Wesley Shipp to Flash and Brandon Routh to Arrow, I find myself hoping the “cast former superheroes” trend will continue. Where’s the love for the former Birds of Prey cast members?

16. Anna says:

Can’t really say this surprised me much, though I have to say I thought he was gonna be on Arrow (first). Whatever, still great news! One can always use more Amells!

17. Mark says:

My question to this news is who is going to be cast as his father as this has a direct bearing on Felicity. Considering they forgot to even mention her in the flash pilot. And will she get to meet up with her future stepson in any cross over arc…..

• Anthony says:

I would bet the Ronnie’s Dad / Felicity romance is one aspect of the Firestorm comics mythos that won’t make it to television. TV Felicity is so different from what I remember of the original comics version that I don’t think it would be a huge loss to just drop that storyline out.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Agreed.

• I must agree with Anthony that Ronnie’s father and Felicity won’t meet. Ray”The Atom” Palmer will be a single man this time. I can’t wait to see the first episode of both the Arrow and the Flash in October 7/8.2014.

• Anthony says:

ah, Matt, I love it when we’re in agreement. (It seems to happen pretty often. Great minds, and all that.)

• Mark says:

The one option around this is instead of going down the comic route, my thoughts are as Ed Raymond in the comic is an Alias given to him by the Justice Dept. And we know nothing of Felicity’s Father make them step brother and step sister. So putting a TV twist on the whole thing. That way they don’t kill the Olicity thing and we get some of her background. Plus that takes her marriage out of the TV series as he’s her father.

18. Vicki says:

Thrilled to receive this news. Congrats to Robbie!

19. rehabber says:

Wish they had picked up Luke Mitchell instead, he was the best part of TTP.

20. Melanie Ley says:

That’s really, really wonderful. Robbie was extraordinary in The Tomorrow People and will be the same in The Flash. I’ll watch it for sure.

21. J says:

Love Robbie! Happy to see him back on The CW!

22. Joey Padron says:

Great news! Happy Robbie gonna be back on TV in a great new role on The Flash! Can’t wait to see him on show.

23. Dean says:

Any chance they can get that sweet looking blue eyed brunett from TTP who played his love interest?

24. Lets just hope he’s now learned how to count, though not being able to could explain the accident…

Shout out to people who watched the episode of Whose Line he appeared in.

25. GhostWolf says:

Hopefully he’ll be better here than on The Flash. His character is one of the reasons I stopped watching TTP early on.

26. Jared says:

Love Robbie but couldnt get into TTP. Happy to see him back on The CW in The Flash.

27. Debbie says:

yea sad about ttp being cancel really liked it especially robbie
    so him being a regular on the flash is super great

28. The Flash seems to be getting to be a rather crowded show. Are they trying to sneak in the entire Justice League or something? Who’s up next – Hawkman?

29. I wanted to believe that Robbie Amell got the job because he was a great actor.

30. MB says:

NGL if anyone was to come out of The Tomorrow People I would have preferred the actor who played John to land another high profile gig.

• Katie T says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we hear soon that Luke Mitchell has got another show. Plenty of time for that to happen for next seasons shows still.
      Glad to see Robbie get a part in the Flash,especially rather than going down the route of putting him in Arrow. Hopefully he’ll do better than in TTP,as if The Flash is anything like Arrow it will have much better writing than TTP ever did